gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIRST CONCERT YOU HAVE ANY BEEN TO  (Read 8853 times)
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 07:39:51 PM »

Ok, don't laugh but my very 1st concert was -I said don't laugh- Shaun Cassidy !!!! It was my b-day present from my parents and my dad went with me and a friend. I think I was around 7 years old !!!!
Then I got into Richard Marx !! Still love him !

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 05:32:41 AM »

my town has a huge 4th of July thing and they always invite semi-big named country stars or the older rock stuff, but I think the real concert I ever went to was Timmy McGraw........gosh he's a lookin guy.

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
KimLar
Clayamateur

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 06:28:26 AM »

WOW! Great replys guys! The concerts you all have been too must of been great. I can not imagine seeing the Beetles or Elvis in concert. That must of been just amazing!  shocking While I never did get to see the Osmonds in concert I was a fan of theirs. Had posters on my wall also. Hey I laughed a little over seeing Shawn Cassidy in concert, but I did have his album so it was a good laugh. Thanks to all of you for sharing it was great!

Kimlar
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 07:06:46 AM »

My first concert was 1984, the Jackson Victory Tour, in Miami. I was in the 9th grade. I went with my mom, my best friend at the time, her sister and her mom. I borrowed the money for the ticket from my mom and had to pay her back, took about 6 months to pay her back. We drove 3 hours down to Miami for the concert and then drove the 3 hours back afterwards instead of staying overnight.

Since then I've seen:

Michael W. Smith
Cheap Trick - at our county fair
My Grad Nite was in 1988 so whoever was hot back then in the different genres was there, I don't remember.
Club Mtv Tour (3 years in a row back in the late 80's)
MC Hammer...I think Jodeci opened for him
Bryan Adams
ZZ Top
Neil Diamond (twice...love him!)
Phil Collins
Quite a few Christian artists at Night of Joy through the years.
Van Halen (with Sammy Hagar not David Lee Roth)
Michael Bolton (If I remember correctly, Yolanda Adams opened for him)
George Strait w/ Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney and some others that elude my foggy memory
Brooks and Dunn - awesome!
Trace Adkins - he's my BIL's cousin or something like that
Tina Turner
NSync - w/ my niece who was so afraid of heights we couldn't sit in our upper level nose bleed seats, we stood in the entryway the entire time.
Britney Spears - w/my niece before Britney went trashy - she still lipsynched the singing though
American Idol 1 tour w/ Kelly - it was my friend's first concert ever
Clay Aiken of course
Sting - Johnny Lang opened for him, both were incredible
Aerosmith - my best friend called Steven Tyler her "Clay Aiken".
Pink

I know there are more but I just can't think of them right now. I'll edit to add them as I think of them. I was a concert junkie during the 90's!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 07:08:26 AM »

My first concert was  Elvis  Presley in Ft. Worth, Texas.  His first hit had only been out a few months.  I had a great seat as the venue was  fairly small.

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »

My first concert was  the "Three Dog Night" concert, than I went to see
"Bob Seeger Concert", after that it was "Cat Stevens", "Neil Diamond", "Willie Nelson", than it dropped off for a while until I went to see "Martina McBride, and when Clay came into my life he took over and I have no desire to see anyone else but him.  Yep I'm saving all my cash for Clay from now on.

Pepe

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 08:20:46 AM »

Quote from: GWENN
MY VERY FIRST CONCERT WAS TO SEE THE BEATLES IN SHEA STADIUM.  NOW, THAT SHOWS MY AGE.  IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.  COULDN'T SEE A DAMN THING, BUT IT WAS FUN.

GWENN

OMG!  You saw the BEATLES!?!??!!    Smack

That doesn't show your age.  It shows your taste in music!  

I never saw the Beatles!    :mad  Cry!  

My first concert was ...  blush  Air Supply.   hide

Yeah, g'head and laugh yer butts off.  I didn't choose it.  LOL  I was like 10, and my best friends mom took us.  The dude with the afro that sings, "I'm all out of love..." sang to us though.

Nener nener!   LOL  Shut up.

The first concert I actually CHOSE was Chicago.  I saw them for my 18th birthday.  I've seen Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, The Righteous Brothers, Billy Ray Cyrus (Not on purpose LOL), and - of course Clay and Kelly.

And tomorrow I get to see Carmen Rasmusen.  Even have a backstage pass.  Cool, huh?  Me, Kandise, and my niece Krista (the Kelly Clarkson freak).  Girl's getaway.  We're even spending the night in a motel because the concert's in Lehi, about two hours from here.

And you wanted to know all of that.

I know ... shut up, LadyC.  LOL  Who put a quarter in me today, anyway?  

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 08:26:23 AM »

Quote from: alli_aiken
Timmy McGraw........gosh he's a lookin guy.

I just like you more all the time, Alli girl!  LOL   Yes!

Yes, yes he is.   Drool   He's sheer male sexiness!  Have you seen the video to Let's Make Love that he does with Faith?  

Holy  Flame  And it's clean.  They keep their clothes on, no groping or anything, but it's the hottest, most sensual video I've ever seen!

I forgot two.  I saw the Osmonds.  I'm in Utah, after all.  And Rascall Flats, before they were huge.  They opened for Toby Keith's Unleashed tour.  They were awesome.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 09:37:22 AM »

WELL, MY HORMONES WERE MOVING FOR PAUL ALSO.  BIG TIME.  BUT NOW, I KNOW WHAT THOSE HORMONES MEAN.       WHEN I WAS 15 I WAS A DORK.  KNEW NOTHING ABOUT NOITHING.  NOW WITH CLAY, I KNOW A HELL OF A LOT ABOUT...........        shocking  shocking  shocking

THEN I SAW THE DOORS.  DIDN'T SEE ANOTHER  LARGE SCALE CONCERT UNTIL CLAY.  THEN, I MADE UP FOR LOST TIME.  I DID GO TO A COUPLE OF CLUBS IN THE PHILLY AREA AND SAW SOME UP AND COMERS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

MY FIRST CONCERT......GOD, NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW THESE GUYS......WAS DINO, DESI, AND BILLY.  IT WAS AT THE ATLANTIC CITY STEEL PIER, AND I WAS ABOUT 11 OR 12.  FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU WHAT THEY SANG.

SINCE THEN, I'VE SEEN BILLY JOEL, LIONEL RICHIE, MIAMI SOUND MACHINE, JOHNNY MATHIS, GENESIS, THE BACKSTREET BOYS (TWICE), O TOWN (TOOK MY YOUNG NIECE).

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
claymakesmyday
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »

My first concert was...VAN HALEN!!! It was in 1984, their last tour before David Lee Roth left the band. I was 14...it was just awesome!! It was at Cobo Arena in Detroit. ( I must admit, Eddie Van Halen was my first love...hee hee hee) Since then, I have been to a whole bunch of concerts, including...
Ted Nugent (7 times!!)
AC/DC ( 3 times!!)
Aerosmith (twice!)
Motley Crue
George Thurogood
Night Ranger
REO Speedwagon
and of course, our Clay!! (twice so far, in Clio, MI and in the front row during the Independent Tour in Detroit...he autographed my C.D.!! )
I can't wait till I get to see Clay again!!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 11:16:14 AM »

My first concert was in 1977, Styx, 4th row center at the Greensboro Coliseum(in N.C. of course!)

I was 14 and my big sister took me and my little sister to see the Osmond Brothers at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh!!
LORI, I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!  I never got to see him...parents wouldn't allow such things and the cash too sparse!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 12:00:45 PM »

I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon!

My first concert was Alan Jackson and Faith Hill. It was an outdoor concert and my mom and I were in the very first row NOT covered by the pavillion. Yes, we were praying that it wouldn't rain.

I think I was 12 or so and, I know we've all been there, going to a concert with my mom was the last thing I wanted to be doing. The only vivid memory I have is of the camera panning to Alan Jackson's backside and my mother screaming like a wild woman! :silly2 That my first of many "embarassing mom" moments.  help

Since then, I have seen a variety of artists in a variety of venues. OMC is the only one I have seen multiple times.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 02:04:19 PM »

Quote from: Her
My first concert was in 1977, Styx, 4th row center at the Greensboro Coliseum(in N.C. of course!)

I was 14 and my big sister took me and my little sister to see the Osmond Brothers at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh!!
LORI, I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!  I never got to see him...parents wouldn't allow such things and the cash too sparse!

Cash was definitely sparse in our family too.  The only reason we got to go was my older sister had a new nursing job and we considered her "rich"!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Achin'4Aiken
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2005, 03:26:23 PM »

My first concert was the Independent Tour. But i did go to one at the beach I don't know if that counts.. i guess it does now that I think of it.
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2005, 07:25:55 PM »

Lady C wrote :
My first concert was ...  Air Supply.

OMG- I loves Air Supply !! I think they were my 2nd-3rd concert. I swore they wwere going to sing at my wedding one day when Igrew up and believed it too !!! lmao

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
mallen1683
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »

My very first concert was when i was about 6 or 7 i went with my mom to see George Strait....it was back in the 80's before it was impossible to get tickets to his show.
Since then I have been to see....

CLAY...hehe
ZZ Top ( with Hank Williams Jr....he was horrible by the way)
Brooks and Dunn
Gary Alan
Kenney Chesney
Tracey Byrd (hes our hometown boy....ive seen him in concert several times)
3 Doors Down
Lynard Skynard
NSYNC

and i think thats all
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2005, 08:24:13 PM »

I already said earlier that Chicago was my first concert. Since then I've seen :
Acapella
Kathy Trocolli
Point of Grace
Lynyrd Skynyrd
LFO with Youngstown (as opening act)
Nsync (with Samantha Mumba, Dante Thomas, Meredith Edwards and Edens Crush)
O Town
Clay
Jim Brickman (Jeff Timmons from 98 Degrees was a guest performer)

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claydevotee
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2005, 08:26:09 PM »

My first concert was...VAN HALEN!!! It was in 1984, their last tour before David Lee Roth left the band. I was 14...it was just awesome!! It was at Cobo Arena in Detroit. ( I must admit, Eddie Van Halen was my first love.

CLAYMAKESMYDAY:  Oh, you lucky duck!!!  I'm sure a lot of people here would find this hard to believe, but I'm a Van Halen fan from way back when shocking.  I'll never forget how excited I would get seeing the early videos back in the early '80s on TV, esp. David Lee Roth singing "Jump"!  To this day I am obsessed with that song. :duh  Even today, every once in a while I'll sit down at my piano and just play the famous riff from Jump!  David Lee Roth, although an arrogant son-of-a-gun, was the heart and soul of Van Halen, IMO.  They've never been quite the same since he left.
claymakesmyday
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2005, 05:25:12 PM »

I agree, Mama Dev!! VH was never the same after the departure of Diamond Dave!! LOL.... I wish those guys could just get along and get back together for god sakes....they would make a fortune!! I still have all 5 of VH's vinyl albums... I'll keep them forever!! It is great to know there is another old VH fan out there!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx