gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:00:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 315
Total: 315

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kelly/Clay Tour Rumor  (Read 9552 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: January 25, 2005, 04:33:39 PM »

Not sure if y'all have heard this one yet, but rumors have been going around that Clay will be touring in late spring or early summer.  Similar rumors have been going around about Kelly Clarkson.

One of Kelly's tours is supposed to be with a co-headliner, and some had speculated that perhaps it could be Clay.  The Independant Tour was a huge success and a lot of fun, and many of us thought it would be cool to see Kelly and Clay together again.

I visited Kelly's board today.  (The RCA one that her site links to.)  I'd never been there before, and decided to take a break from writing.  There's a forum where you can post a message to Kelly, so I joined the board to tell her how much I love her new song Because of You.

I figured that since I was among Kelly fans, they might know something about her tour plans, so I was stupid enough to ask if they knew if Kelly was indeed doing a tour with a co-headliner, and if so, would it be Clay.

They also have an off topic forum and I saw threads for Carmen Rasmusen and Orlando Bloom, to name a couple.  So I made the HUGE mistake of asking if there were any Clay fans aboard.

HOLY   !

FYI:  They do NOT like Clay over there.  At all.  :devil  Not even a little.  Seriously.  :bootyshake  Nooooo likey!   :bfn

And they let me know in no uncertain terms that they hated suffering through his show to see Kelly last time and didn't want to do it again, and that if my posts were going to have anything to do with Clay, they were not welcome.  And they were not diplomatic about it, either, believe me.   :mad

The words "hatred" and "strong dislike" were used more than once, and one of the moderators (who is all of 15 years old) actually put a tagline on my post that said something like, "Caution!  Clay-related threads tend to start fights.  I'll be watching you closely."

I was like  Jaw drop!  HUH?!?!?  Are you SERIOUS?!?!

I'm not a troll!  I love Kelly Clarkson!  LOL  I started to get upset and defend myself.  (Yeah, don't do that, by the way.  Roll eyes  It never goes anywhere good. )  And then reality came back and I realized that I couldn't care less what these creeps thought of Clay, and if they routinely pounce on their newbies like a school of starving sharks, they won't be around too long.

I did tell them that they were doing Kelly a disservice, however.  Running her fans off like that.  I said nothing disrespectful at all.  I know some other Clay boards have trashed other AI singers.  Especially Kelly and Carmen.  But I'm so glad we don't do that here.

Anyway, according to these lovely people, they know some of Kelly's best friends (who also hate Clay LOL) and they know for a fact that her co-headliner will not be Clay Aiken.

So, if you were hoping for another Kelly/Clay tour like I was, you can count that out.  It's probably for the best though.  If you were wearing a Clay Aiken tee shirt, these folks might just whoop your butt!!!

Once again - THANK YOU to the members of this board.  It's skeery out there!!  I'm tellin' ya!  Skeery!  I'll just stay home and post any Kelly comments in the AI forum.  

Love ya,
Ladyc

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 04:45:30 PM »

WOW....WHAT A HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE FOR YOU    I GUESS I WONT MAKE ANY VISITS OVER THERE ANY TIME SOON.. Paranoid  I GET VERY DEFENSIVE WHEN PEOPLE SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT  CLAY..  :pfbbt  :duel

EVEN THOUGH I LIKE KELLY I WANT MORE THEN AN HOUR OF CLAY AND I WOULD NOT LIKE TO SEE HIM COHEADLINE WITH ANYONE..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 04:47:15 PM »

Well way to go LadyC!! LOL!!  It would have to be you to point out that some of Clay's fans LIKE Kelly and I would bet money that some of Kelly's fans like Clay too. Talk about a fan board giving some artists fans a BAD NAME! Critics think Clays fans are a little "fanatical"... I am not feeling too bad standing where I am standing right now!!

Whatever!!! You tried!

Don't sweat it! We all know you can be a fan of more than 1 artist. Many of us here are. I don't have to be a fan of all of their fans.

I still like Kelly regardless.

Lora-Ohio
claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 05:06:31 PM »

Eeee! How thankful I am to be here where the people are nice instead of there.

I still love Kelly and she and Clay are good friends, so there is no worry for me!

-Kat
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 05:14:30 PM »

LadyC- what site were you on? I joined a Kelly site so I could get all the latest news and info but I must admit I DO not like the "hard core" Kelly fans... they hate Clay to say it bluntly. But isnt just that... no offense to them but I think we have more class and are more dedicated to the object of our obsession. Oh- the best friends they are talking about are Boo and Jesse- Boo hates Clay but I think Jesse likes him. You can e-mail them with any questions you have and they will answer them. Kelly has talked about going on two tours from what I know- a solo one in the spring and a co-headlining tour in the summer. I can not wait until she goes on tour but I too would rather stick with our *nice* AI forum!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 06:03:15 PM »

I like Kelly, too. I can't believe they were so rude, Kris! Hmmm. Maybe they don't see how much fun Clay and Kelly have together.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claysjoy
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 06:30:51 PM »

I am really sorry you were treated so badly!  That was uncalled for.  I guess maybe they feel a bit threatened, Clay being so much more successful than Kelly!  But hey, there is a clelly board, somone posted the link and Fantasy loves it there, so she can give you the link if you would like to try agaon, she said beware itis addicitve.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 08:57:36 PM »

Quote from: mrsaiken3504
LadyC- what site were you on? !

It's the RCA one that her site links to.  But it's all good.  I've been communicating with one of the moderators and I feel better now.  She was very kind.

They've apparently had some bad experiences with Clay fans on their board.  (Hard to believe, I know.  LOL  Over zealous Clay fans?? Are you KIDDING me?   )

Things that make ya go  

But they're very nice as long as you don't talk about Clay.  It's weird, but it's okay because I already have a place to go when I need to talk about OMC.  I have this board and all of you fine people.

I can keep my Kelly and my Clay seperate.

It's similar with Carmen Rasmusen.  Her fan club manager told me that they've had some bad experiences with posting about Carmen on Clay boards, and were made to feel unwelcome.  I'm a member of Carmen's official forum, and I've extended an invitation for her fans to come here anytime they like, and I told them that Carmen has her own thread in the AI forum, and she is loved and supported there.

Clay has his own thread on her board as well.  No problems so far.  Carmen's fans seem to love Clay, too.

Weird -  :duh

LadyC

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

forever_clay
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 09:32:46 PM »

this is not the case in 98% of her fans. seriously. i am a member of a few Kelly boards and some just don't like the IT becuase Kelly's and Clay's music is pretty different from each other. Hard Core Kelly Fans are just like any hard core fan. they are HARD CORE and get very protective over her.

And as for the tour...there is speculation. of course there is speculation but most all of the Kelly sites i read dont say anything bad about Clay just that it wouldn't be a smart move for her becuase it would be like going back in time.

please don't attack the kelly fans either...anyone. i am not talking to anyone specifically, just saying...some like Clay and some don't. Same as the clay fans who both do and don't like kelly.

Kel and Clay are friends and that's all that matters. Kelly fans aren't exactly supportive of her if all they do is bash a really close friend of hers...so let them be. its them vying for attention and they are getting it from the clay nation.

People need to spread the Clelly love!!
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 11:04:55 PM »

Amanda-What Kelly board do you go to?  I'm trying to find one cause i am really starting to be a huge kelly fan!! She's always been one of my favorites, but I just love her now!!

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 03:26:28 AM »

LADY C - WHAT A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.  I HAVEN'T GONE TO ANY OTHER BOARDS BUT TO HAVE THERE SPEAK SO TERRIBLE ABOUT CLAY WOULD DEFINITELY MAKE ME WANT TO SPEAK MY MIND.  SO INSTEAD I WILL JUST STAY PUT HERE.  KELLY WAS O.K. FOR ME BUT WHEN I WENT TO SEE THEM TOUR I COULDN'T WAIT FOR HER TO GET OFF AND CLAY TO COME ON.  EACH TO THEIR OWN AND THEY FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT CLAY.  I SURE HOPE HE JUST TOURS ON HIS OWN BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY PROVEN HE COULD SELL OUT WITHOUT A CO-HEADLINER.
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 06:04:46 AM »

Lorraine wrote :

I SURE HOPE HE JUST TOURS ON HIS OWN BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY PROVEN HE COULD SELL OUT WITHOUT A CO-HEADLINER .

I agree Lorraine. He doesn't need anyone to tour with and that would also mean less time for him. I think that if he did tour with her, he would be linked back to AI and I'm sure he doesn't want that. As great of friends that they are, they should stay apart as far as touring. IMHO, I think Kelly needs him to tour b/c I don't think she could do as well without him !

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 06:53:45 AM »

I had heard rumors that Kelly wanted to tour with Fantasia.  Can you imagine?  I love Kelly too but I think I like her better on her cd's and not "live."  And yes, when I pay to see Clay, I want to see only Clay.  I don't like to share either!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
AdoringClay
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 07:18:06 AM »

I agree with Tammy, ChrisieD, Lorraine, and Lorilovesgolf...

I WANT CLAY AND ONLY CLAY!  I do not want to sit through or pay for an hour of anyone else and then get only an hour of Clay!  He has proven he doesn't need a co-headliner to sell out an arena...he's the only one of the "idols" who can do that...and, I don't like others riding on his coat tails and then bragging that they had an immensely "successful" tour...let's keep each "idol" to their own tour and let's see WHO SELLS THE MOST SEATS THE FASTEST!  Hmmmm....I just wonder WHO it will be????

(By the way, I love Kelly and her voice too.  I'm sorry you had that experience...)  

Clay love...Sue g.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 07:36:50 AM »

LADY C,

THANKS FOR THE INFO, BUT NOW I DON'T WANT KELLY AND CLAY TOURING TOGETHER AFTER HEARING HOW BADLY THE FANS TREATED YOU.  HE DOESN'T NEED ANYONE ANYWAY.  HE HAS A HUGE AMOUNT OF FANS.  HE DID WELL WITH HIS SOLO TOUR AND HE WILL DO EVEN
BETTER PROBABLY THIS TIME.  I JUST CAN'T WAIT.  MAYBE KELLY WILL HAVE FANTASIA OR KIMBERLY LOCKE.  I HOPE IT ISN'T CLAY!  I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM AND, ACTUALLY, I WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE TO WATCH KELLY FOR AN HOUR BEFORE HE COMES ON!  THAT IS JUST
MY OPINION.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2005, 07:47:36 AM »

Lady C - I'm sorry, too, that you had a bad experience, but I hope the rumour is not true. I like Kelly very much, but I do not think that it would help either her or Clay to tour together again - it would especially not help Clay. He simply does not need her - he stands alone. Kelly seems to be afraid to tour on her own. As I posted on the OCD, the first thing she did last year after Fantasia won was to run onstage and say "we should tour together!". I think Kelly, with all of her success with CDs and all of the support she receives from radio and magazines should go out on her own with just an opening act as Clay did during the Solo Tour.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 08:24:55 AM »

I saw an interview with Kelly and Clay last year, and Kelly said it was her idea to tour with Clay.  She went to him.  It was very smart on her part.  She probably reaped half the profits of that successful tour, and probably 3/4 or more of the people were there for Clay.  Look how successful his solo tours were.  

I like Kelly too.  She seems real down to earth and I think she is talented.  Kelly's and Clay's styles are different, but I do like most of her songs also.  I probably wouldn't go to a concert with just her, and I have gone to a Clay concert.  I would probably be afraid too, if I were Kelly, about touring solo.  Look what happened to Ruben.  If the tour doesn't go well, then it does seem to be saying something about your chances for long-term success.  I wish her the best, though, and hope any tour she does does well.
liney23
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 08:48:53 AM »

My two cents:  Kelly and Clay had an absolute ball touring together last year.  They love each other, whether just as good friends or more (another rumor).  

Tho I think it would be better for Clay to continue to distance himself from AI by touring alone, I can totally see the two of them wanting to do it again.

Well just have to wait and see what happens and try to accept whatever Clay decides with good grace.  He hasn't made too many mistakes in his decisions so far!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 08:49:45 AM »

It's all good, y'all.  They're nice people, I've learned.  As long as you don't mention Clay.  LOL

Then it's time to get scrappy!   :duel

Seriously, though, when I stopped and imagined the situation reversed I realized that I may have reacted in a similar way.  Let's face it.  Kelly is a talented singer, song writer, and she's even learning to play the guitar for her own songs.  (Before anyone gets upset at me, please understand that I'm NOT suggesting Clay is somehow less talented because he doesn't write his music or play an instrument.  I couldn't care less.  He's perfect just the way he is.)  And yet, despite her accomplishments, nearly every interview she has, they ask her something about Clay.

To her credit, she handles it with admirable grace and humor.  But I'm sure it ticks some of her fans off.  It would tick us off if they asked Clay about ... I don't know ... Fantasia every time he was interviewed because they're both from NC.

And then some Clay fans basically took over her board and got really upset if people said anything negative about him.  (As would I.)

Those kind of over zealous fans do Clay more harm than good, and we've already had that discussion a hundred times.  They're the fanatics that make us all look like a bunch of nut cases.   :duh  Hey!  Maybe it was Bob and Linda!!   ROFLMAO

Kelly's fans, and I count myself among them, are as protective of her as we are of Clay.  If, for example, Fantasia's fans came here and started numerous threads, suggesting over and over again that it was Clay's association to her that made him famous and he needed her to make it, and then got snippy if we said we didn't care for Fantasia's music - we'd defend Clay and this board.

It's not a problem.  If you're a Kelly fan and you want to leave a message for Kelly (she posts there now and then) I recommend her board.  Just don't mention Clay.  Clay has his own RCA board (never been there, so I have no idea what it's like), and we have ClayManiacs - where the Clay talk and Clack are always flowing.

It's not my problem if they don't like Clay.  It's not my job to try and persuade them or sell him to them.  They don't have a Post Your Hate for Clay thread or anything.  They aren't bashing him.  But they will tell you that they don't like him if you bring him up.

So I won't.    Ever again.  No!  I swear.  LOL  

But I overreacted and took it personally because I love Clay soooooo much.  It felt like a personal attack, and frankly, it shocked the crap out of me because I had no idea whatsoever that there'd been a problem.  I was ignorant to the whole thing.

And I liked my ignorance, thank you very much.  LOL  I liked to believe that, since I am madly in love with Clay, and I love Kelly to pieces, that all fans love them both as much as I do, and that we do some kind of Hands Across America sort of thing and sing We Are the World and throw rose pedals or whatever.

Good Lord, I am annoying!  LOL

Anyway, we can still do that here on our Kelly thread over in the very warm, very welcoming AI Forum.  (Thank you, Misha and Deanna, and all the moderators over at the AI.)

Clay is my ultimate favorite.  He's even above my Timmy - and y'all know how much I adore that man.  But Kelly is probably my favorite female artist, just since her new album came out.  The music is amazing.  

I can love them both, and so can you.  Just not on Kelly's board.   Drama

Love ya,
LadyC

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 11:20:56 AM »

LadyC, well said and I agree 100%!!! I personally wouldn't mind if they toured together. I would like to see it mixed up a little bit rather than splitting the time in half though.  I love to see them both having a great time and having someone to "hang" with on their long trips. I too doubt if it's going to happen since OMC has done so well for himself, but I don't blame Kelly if she prefers to tour with someone else. She has stated that she's a family person and she's used to having people around her.  
Anyhow, whatever they do, I'll be happy as long as I can see them!!!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx