gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 356
Total: 356

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 18  (Read 7756 times)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2005, 06:25:38 AM »

Yes dear M.B., I've seen the new flavor of the day and
I have had my life enrichened by all my friends here at Claymaniacs!!!
too!!!!    

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2005, 06:28:40 AM »

DEANNA - YOU GO GIRL.  I WISH THESE CRITICS WOULD GET THEIR INFORMATION STRAIGHT.  AS FAR AS SIMON COWELL IS CONCERNED ADMITTING HE WAS WRONG IS THE FIRST STEP.  

WE ARE ALL MOVING TO CALIFORNIA WITH CLAY IN THAT BIG HOUSE THAT HE HAS.  WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE AND COZY.

CHECK BACK LATER.  EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HUGS
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2005, 06:47:24 AM »

I went to do some "real life" stuff and realized that I had forgotten something here!! :duh

I meant to say to Lora for the articles she found!!

So, Thank-you Lora!!  

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
claydevotee
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2005, 06:50:54 AM »

"I would never ever in a million years have offered Clay Aiken a recording contract if he walked into my office the way I [first] saw him [and] I would have been wrong, because the competition has turned him into a star,'' he said. "Unpredictability is the key to making great reality TV.''  

shocking  shocking  shocking
 Whoa!!!  Simon says.....Clay is a "star"??????  Miracles never cease.  I'm a believer!!!!

And Deanna, Susan and all of the regular contributors to this thread, a big thanks and a lots of good wishes for a happy day!!

Love,
Dev
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 07:11:25 AM »

Hey Thea, long time no "see"!

Thanks to Susan, Lora and Deanna for the news...ya'll are the best!

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2005, 07:31:02 AM »

THANK YOU LADIES, FOR CLAY NEWS- SINCE IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO LOCATE NOWADAYS!

AND A VERY GOOD MORNING TO ALL

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2005, 08:02:37 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac

Thanks to Susan for starting the "News" today.

Yer welcome Mummy!

I was actually up before you so I figured I'd start the thread out.

It's cold as anything here too!

I went out for my smoke earlier and my hand almost turned purple!

Course my hands get cold fast anyway but this weather does NOT help!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 08:05:55 AM »

WOW... wait, did I just read that right or have I stepped into an alternate reality...

*faints*

Simon admitting that Clay is probably going to be the biggest star to come off AI... WOW!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 08:07:38 AM »

HEY DEANNA BABY,

I FOUND THIS OVER AT THE CLAYBOARD

'Idol' auditions new format

Look for more woeful warblers as the reality show expands the tryout section
January 18, 2005
BY MIKE DUFFY
FREE PRESS TV CRITIC

How much "American Idol" is too much Paula Abdul and Ryan Seacrest?
'AMERICAN IDOL'  
8 tonight
WJBK-TV, Channel 2, Fox

'IDOL' CHANGES  
They're doing the revamp dance on "American Idol" this year.
The talent search juggernaut, a ratings blockbuster from the start, kicks off its fourth season tonight with a few rule and format changes to keep the show fresh and compelling, say the producers.

Key tweaks:

The upper age range has jumped four years to 28 in an attempt to attract more seasoned, experienced singers.

Celebrity guest judges -- who rarely had anything interesting to say -- have been dropped. But there will be celebrity guests from Gene Simmons to LL Cool J during the popular audition phase.

The semifinal elimination rounds have been given a gender tweak -- males and females competing on separate nights -- to reach a Top 12 of six men and six women.
By Mike Duffy

We'll get a chance to find out this winter and spring as Fox pumps up the visual volume on its signature talent showcase, which kicks off its fourth season with a two-hour premiere at 8 tonight.

Right up front, Fox is expanding the wildly popular audition phase of television's No. 1 reality series to 10 episodes. Holy pop overload!

And, yes, along with the many new Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard wanna-bes who can actually carry a tune, we will be subjected to the atonal wonderment of all those dreadful, delusional warblers who may have dreams of becoming the next William ("She Bangs") Hung.

"That's been the phase of the show that really, really goes down well with viewers," says "American Idol" executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz, adding that viewers love the auditions because "they're humorous, they're dramatic, there's all the emotions; there's the bad, there's the ugly, there's everything."

After the good, the bad and the ugly auditions, "Idol" will expand to three episodes a week for three weeks during an overhauled semifinal round, starting Feb. 21.

Some things never change, of course.

For those with a limited tolerance for B-list pop diva career rejuvenation, Paula Abdul, the "American Idol" judge who speaks no evil, is back to spew her sugarcoated gospel of innocuously positive twaddle. She'll share the spotlight with the more forthright assessments of fellow judges Randy ("I call everybody dawg!") Jackson and the blessedly acerbic, brutally honest Brit twit Simon Cowell.

It's always a close call on who's more irritating: Abdul or the icky slick, hyper-chatty host Ryan Seacrest. Making fun of "American Idol" is easy and often enjoyable.

But there's no denying the tremendous success of the show as an entertainment and advertising juggernaut.

A stunning 65 million viewer votes were cast in last spring's finale, won by Fantasia Barrino. The show's anointed stars have been a force in selling records. And redheaded Clay Aiken, a runner-up to Studdard in the second season, looks like a decent bet for career longevity as a popular Mr. Nice Guy crooner.

The quest to find America's next prefabricated singing superstar is again expected to generate a frenzy among the show's target audience of mostly younger, mostly female viewers.

To keep them hooked and the format fresh, "American Idol" has transformed its semifinal round by splitting the genders. The total number of semifinalists has been reduced from 32 to 24, with 12 men competing separately one night and 12 women the next night. That will eventually give "Idol" a final Top 12 of six men and six women competing together in the closing weeks of the season.

"We have a (semifinal) boy competition and a girl competition running in parallel, but the public will choose the best boys and the best girls," says Frot-Coutaz. "We thought it would add quite a bit of spice to have a girl competition or boy competition because boys and girls are actually very different characters. They compete differently, they tackle the scenes differently."

By increasing its upper age limit from 24 to 28 this season, "Idol" also hopes to add some spice to the musical equation.

"I think there is something about being slightly older and having more life experience. You get some amazing stories," says Frot-Coutaz, who spoke with reporters during a recent Fox teleconference.

Last season, there was some controversy generated by jammed phone lines, resulting in unproven accusations of unfair voting. But Fox and the producers are standing firm on fairness.

"The phone system that is in place on 'American Idol' is very democratic and it's incredibly fair and it's under scrutiny every single week, from ourselves, from the network ... from AT&T and, frankly, it is a great system," Frot-Coutaz insists. "There is not much we can do to change it. And there's not much that we need to do to change it."

Regardless of the jammed phone lines bugaboo, "American Idol's" viewer allure has endured, turning the show into the "Survivor" of talent shows.

"It think it's a very pure format," says Frot-Coutaz, explaining the show's lasting appeal. "It's about taking people who live a normal life in some remote part of the country, but have an amazing talent, discovering that talent and making a dream come true. I think there's something very powerful in that.

"The last really important thing is that the power is in the hands of the public. It's the public's choice. It's not about the producers. Ultimately, it's the U.S. public who chooses. And I think that makes it very special."

Now if only they'd let us vote on eliminating Paula Abdul and Ryan Seacrest.

I predict happily jammed "American Idol" phone lines for that vote.
Contact MIKE DUFFY at 313-222-6520 or duffy@freepress.com.

FREE DETRIOT PRESS
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »

, Philly!!!

Good Morning, Dev and Marilyn!!! wave

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2005, 09:09:13 AM »

Thanks for the news!!  

Hope everyone has a great day!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
cjrmax
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2005, 09:19:55 AM »

Simon admitting that Clay is probably going to be the biggest star to come off AI... WOW!

Well, actually Simon said this even before AI2 was over.  I remember an article in TV Guide.  It came out about the time they were down to the top 3 but the interview was done a few weeks earlier.  The judges (or was it just Simon?  Don't remember.) went through I believe the top 6.  When it came to Clay, Simon said he thought Clay had the chance to make the most money and be in this business longer than any of the others.  I believe his reasoning was pretty much the same.  He has been very consistent in this analysis of Clay.  He is not a stupid man.  I also think when he refers to the demographic he's not talking so much about age as musical taste.  As for his not signing Clay in a million years the way he was when he first saw him, I doubt anyone would have.  Like it or not, in the music business it takes more than a great voice to make it.  Simon knows this - and so does Clay.  Who could have guessed that under that dorky, unattractive exterior we saw at the Atlanta audition lay the hot stud face we see now!

(I would certainly like to lay the hot stud face we see now......  :kuzguz )

But I digress.....

Thankfully a show like AI gives a great voice a chance to see what else lies beneath the surface.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 09:23:47 AM »

"WHAT ELSE LIES BENEATH THE SURFACE"  I LIKE THAT, CHRISTIE.  AH....WOULDN'T WE ALL LIKE TO FIND OUT WHAT LIES BENEATH THE SURFACE!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
drycleenonly
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2005, 10:48:28 AM »

What lies beneath the surface is another 12 layers of shirts!!
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »

Ahh..Simon,

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

shocking  shocking  shocking  shocking

It took you long enough!!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 12:35:51 PM »

What lies beneath the surface is another 12 layers of shirts!!
  ROFLMAO good one!!!

flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2005, 02:43:40 PM »

YEAH SIMON IS NOW GETTING IT --TOO BAD HE DIDN'T GET IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

ALSO HE UNDERESTIMATED THE POWER OF BABYBOOMERS
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2005, 04:14:18 PM »

Thanks so much for the news!!!

I am so glad that Simon is finally admitting that Clay will be a "career artist"  It's about time!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 05:06:59 PM »

I agree with you 100%, Flakey...the boomers rock!  Not wise to underestimate us.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx