gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 19  (Read 6264 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 04:35:35 AM »

G'morning Everyone!

It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too cold outside!

I don't want to go out!

I want to stay warm and cozy in my house!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com.

Quickie:
Can you handle this much responsibility? Better grab the opportunity while you can.

Overview:
You're due for some interesting and fun conversations, possibly with someone from right around the corner. You may also have the urge to take up a new hobby, or take a class. Keep your mind occupied.

Daily Extended Forecast:
Right now you'll be in the mood for nothing less than an entirely new experience -- at least one. Along the way, you won't be afraid to speak your mind to anyone who suggests that you should be less reckless, regardless of whether they're offended or shocked by what you say. Oh, well. Anyone who knows you ought to be used to raising their eyebrows every now and then.

Daily Flirt:
Forget about the future for a little while and just focus on what's right in front of you. It might be work, it might be family, it might be a new cutie -- just take care of it.

Daily Couples:
You want to help your partner, but they may need to stand alone for the moment. Don't take their need for independence personally -- be proud.

Daily Singles:
The mundane intrudes just where you were envisioning building your romantic castle in the air. Take care of the day-to-day responsibilities, then return to your fantasy already in progress.

Daily Career and Finance:
You need to take your eyes off of the big picture for a minute and check in with your immediate surroundings. There could be someone close who is flailing and needs your assistance.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 05:07:38 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS FROM A VERY COLD AND SOON TO BE SNOWY CT.  DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT WORD.  SPRING CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH.

THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS AND I GUESS THE POSITIVE THING ABOUT AI4 IS IT IS BRINGING OUR HONEY BACK INTO THE NEWS.  

I WILL CHECK BACK FOR MORE UPDATES.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 05:18:28 AM »

Exceptional Parent Magazine Update

Good morning all!  From boo chilly Clayton where it's 17 degrees; a veritable heat wave from last night's 12 degrees!  

I think looks just as cute as Justin Timberlake, what was that comment about?  And what the heck is Randy talking about?  

Blah blah blah whatever.  Phone Phone

Quote from: The Seeker
Oh, well. Anyone who knows you ought to be used to raising their eyebrows every now and then.

I'll just bet.  Laughing
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2005, 05:21:08 AM »

Clay Aiken plans to enter the studio in March to work on his next album. Aiken told Launch, "We'll probably start working on the album some time in March, and I'm looking forward to hopefully spending a little bit more time on this next one and really picking songs that I like and working with producers that I like to make it all work." American Idol, the series that spawned Aiken, returns to Fox tonight.

FMQB.COM

CLAY AIKEN will return to the studio in March to work on his third album, the follow-up to 2004's Merry Christmas With Love . . .

ROLLING STONE

I'm feeling kind of young today....and pretty cool too....yeah!  Peace out!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2005, 05:26:05 AM »

ANNOUNCEMENT

As you may know, there has been talk of an independent site for the organization of CD release parties for Clay's sophomore album. A group of people from across the various Clay fan boards have been working on this very thing, and we are pleased to announce that the Clay Aiken CD Parties site is now open for registration!!

This board is 100% unaffiliated with any existing Clay fan board, and, indeed, features moderators and organizers from multiple Clay sites, including this one. Among the people who have spearheaded the effort are Vancouver, berkeleylovesourclay and GBB, dancermom2, ferfbond, Heartful, Hoos4CA, Iseeme, MarlovesClay, stomper4x4, and various others. The mods and organizers feature members of the Clayboard, CH, CV, LBfCA, OMC and TTC.

http://www.clayaikencdparties.com is intended solely for the organization of CD release parties for Clay's next album. So please join in the fun! All Clay fans are welcome!
clay_fan_20
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2005, 06:36:04 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
WHY CLAY RULES. How come Clay Aiken, who didn't win his "American Idol" competition, has sold more CDs than any of the young singers who've come out on top?

"Clay can hit a demographic that has never been served by any record label - today," talent judge Randy Jackson told TV critics yesterday. "There's no Michael Bolton or Barry Manilow on the radio. Clay's not on the radio either. So he's selling to people off to the side, probably 35 to 55, that say, 'I hate MTV, I hate VH1, I hate BET, I'm not watching, I don't feel young and cool.' That's who he's selling to."

NYNEWSDAY

i disagree with randy, well in part he is right, one part of clay's demographic is that one, but hey! i'm 20 and i love MTV, but i love clay too!... i think clay reach to many demographic groups... from kids to grandmas, and that's i think why clay has so much success, he is not for just one type of audience.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 06:49:07 AM »

once-nerdy Clay Aiken.

Golden-throated beanpole

Descriptive writing huh?
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 06:58:44 AM »

YAY- I LOVE IT THAT SIMON ADMITTED HE WAS WRONG
I LOVE IT WHEN RANDY TRIES TO JUSTIFY WHY CLAY IS SO POPULAR
I LOVE IT THAT CLAY IS BACK IN THE NEWS NOW THAT AI IS STARTED-
 BECAUSE THEY MUST MENTION HIM DUE TO THE FACT HE IS
THE MOST POPULAR POP STAR

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 07:11:12 AM »

Good Morning Lorraine, Brenda, Susan, Pamela, Monica, Marilyn and Gramma!!

Gramma,

You forgot "Mr. Nice Guy Crooner." ROFLMAO

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
claydevotee
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 08:20:40 AM »

Quote:
once-nerdy Clay Aiken.  

Quote:
Golden-throated beanpole  

Descriptive writing huh?

Laughing , GRAMMA!!!  Obviously this "writer" hasn't progressed beyond high school.  

Good morning, DEANNA, SUSAN,  and everybody!  It's wicked cold up here in Chicagoland, too.  I slipped on the "black ice" on my driveway this morning.  For once I am grateful to have so much "padding" on me to protect my bones from breaking!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2005, 08:23:14 AM »

He’s been the beneficiary of the show’s publicity machine, but what happens to the talented singers who don’t quite get the gold at the end of the rainbow?  

It seems to me that he has been the target of more negative publicity than positive publicity from the show, what with Randy and Simon and even Paula sometimes shooting off their mouths about him. How ever it seems they are having to eat their words now, and that is great.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 09:14:28 AM »

Thanks for the news!!  

Hope everyone has a great day!!  

Dont forget to laugh and have funa and dream of Clay!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 09:40:16 AM »

They're winners, but only on TV?

No 1: Clay Aiken
(Season Two runner-up)
First-week sales*: Measure Of A Man (613,000), Merry Christmas With Love (270,000)
CLAY Aiken once acknowledged that with Idol comes baggage.

He told USA Today: 'The show is an amazing stepping stone, but there is a stigma that can follow you.
'You're seen as being a reality-show contestant as opposed to a real artiste. You're automatically considered a flash in the pan.'
But as the most commercially successful Idol to date who has taken his career above and beyond American Idol, the 26-year-old has proven his staying power.
Industry watchers feel he has the best chance of long-term success because, as a lovable Barry Manilow-like geek for a new generation, he stands apart from the Idol pack.
Aiken's new CD, Merry Christmas With Love, had the biggest first week for any Christmas album since SoundScan began tabulating sales electronically in 1991.
It spawned a TV special now available on DVD (A Clay Aiken Christmas), a book (Learning to Sing), the Joyful Noise concert and - take a deep breath girls - the 2005 Wall Calendar.
As a major heart-throb who has since developed a huge, rabidly loyal following, Aiken need not worry - the Claymates will see him through.
* In the US.

ASIA 1

Soundbytes......"A major heart throb"...    Love  <---fangirl!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 10:13:37 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE & THANK YOU DEANNA, SUSAN & PAMELA FOR ALL THE NEWS.

ALSO EVERYONE ELSE THANKS FOR ALL YOUR OPINIONS & REMARKS ABOUT THE NEWS.

I THINK CLAY'S VOICE IS THE ANSWER TO WHAT IS LACKING FOR SO MANY OF US IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY.
THAT IS WHY HE APPEALS TO SO MANY OF US,   FROM THE  YOUNG,   TO  THE YOUNG AT HEART (THAT YOUNG AT HEART WOULD BE ME   ) .

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE NEWS--

HAVE A WONDEFUL DAY EVERYONE!!

TAKE CARE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2005, 11:38:22 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
WHY CLAY RULES. How come Clay Aiken, who didn't win his "American Idol" competition, has sold more CDs than any of the young singers who've come out on top?

"Clay can hit a demographic that has never been served by any record label - today," talent judge Randy Jackson told TV critics yesterday. "There's no Michael Bolton or Barry Manilow on the radio. Clay's not on the radio either. So he's selling to people off to the side, probably 35 to 55, that say, 'I hate MTV, I hate VH1, I hate BET, I'm not watching, I don't feel young and cool.' That's who he's selling to."

NYNEWSDAY

I don't just feel young and cool.  I AM young and cool. What has Randy been drinking?  

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 12:39:08 PM »

Carolyn, couldn't have said it better!!!!      and yes you are!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
cjrmax
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2005, 03:00:23 PM »

Here's a cute gratuitous mention of Clay:
a. And Peyton Manning ... well, MeMo's just a girl and doesn't know much about football or the Middle East or anything, but if she did, she'd call Peyton Manning the Clay Aiken of football. Because even if you're a girl, you can still get a warm feeling a few days after a game like that.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/features/2999961

And here in a review of the movie "Are We There Yet?"
Each of these painfully familiar gross-out jokes is punctuated by an overbearing, jaunty score (though it’s mildly amusing when Kevin asks from the back seat whether Nick has any Justin Timberlake or Clay Aiken to listen to, and is met with the thumping of 50 Cent instead).

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6844701/

Clay is everywhere!

Wish he were here with me......
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2005, 04:00:35 PM »

Thanks for the news, ladies.  I look forward to reading every evening when I get home from work.  I think they've finally got it!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2005, 04:20:40 PM »

Hey y'all!  Thanks so much for today's news.  It's good to see Clay in the news again!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx