gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 443
Total: 443

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PROMOSQUAD & RATE THE MUSIC  (Read 4597 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 16, 2005, 11:30:15 AM »

Hate what you hear on the radio?  Do something about it.

Promosquad is a marketing entity that allows you to have a voice in directly affecting the success of new songs by giving you the opportunity to rate new releases in their "Jukebox."

Play a part in the music industry's leading song testing company.
Our members make a real difference every day by rating new songs and giving their feedback in our polls. All the while they are getting rewarded with free stuff like CDs, DVDs, electronics, and "insider" prizes like autographed merchandise directly from labels and artists!

You’ll hear new music before anyone else, you’ll get to tell the record companies what you think of it, and you qualify to win free prizes for doing it!

Promosquad HitPredictor Tests Everything

Although many labels hire us in advance to help pick their strongest singles, it is important to realize that promosquad HitPredictor also tests nearly every song that is released to radio once a label has picked their single and decided upon an impact date.

Here are some facts:
·  Everything tested is eligible to make the Promosquad HitPredictor weekly chart. Songs appearing in the HitPredictor chart are not just songs that labels have hired us to help pick

·  Testing every song helps us analyze Promosquad results vs the charts so as to maintain our incredible accuracy

·  The HitPredictor chart includes songs tested once labels have decided upon their single and have an official impact date already planned (whether we helped or not)

·  Only positive results, songs with Hit Potential, will appear in the HitPredictor chart. All other scores and information remain confidential

Features include:

The Jukebox
Rate new music, give your comments, and get free stuff. Record labels and artists want your opinion!

Polls/Interactive
Speak your mind in our Polls, read and write the news, interact with us and each other!

Here's how it works:

1. Join, of course!
2. Check your email, then log in
3. Rate new songs and participate in our Polls and Message Boards
4. Get lots of points for everything you do
5. Cash in these points at our promosquad Prizestore, get cool stuff!

You make a difference!

When you sign up, you are required to give your age and select a particular genre of music; or, you may select "all."  I don't know how or if the "age" demographic affects the way the results are determined.  To have the opportunity to hear and rate Clay's music, I selected "all."

Please note that you are not able to select specific songs or artists, you must listen to what they are testing and give your feedback of it.

Keep in mind that being "Clay-centric" is probably not going to benefit you, or Clay in the long run.  Promosquad is a marketing entity that exists to test music of all types for many different recording companies.

In light of CD3 coming out this year, I encourage everyone to sign up and start rating in order to develop some history.  And who knows...you may even win a cash prize for participating!

PROMOSQUAD

Please post any ideas, opinion or experience with Promosquad in this permanent thread.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »

Mediabase, the ranking entity that keeps all the playlist charts among other data, also has a music rating website called RATE THE MUSIC.

Check out the FAQ (frequently asked questions) and then sign up - make your opinions known!

Bo Bice is on both Promosquad and Rate the Music right now with his new single with Santana.  When Clay's CD is released, he'll be there too! 

Sign up for Promosquad or Rate the Music.  If you want to be surveyed in a genre that will most likely play Clay's music, I would choose Adult Contemporary and Top 40 Pop.

Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:57:51 PM »

I am a member of Rate the Music and have been for quite awhile.  I signed up thru the local Top 40 station's website.  I really like it.  I frequently get notices for surverys and it doesn't take too long to complete.  I am also a member of the local HOTAC stations listener network and get emails with similar surveys to rate the music they play.

My experience with Promosquad has not been very good.  I tried to sign up a few months ago and when I did I got a message that I couldn't sign up with that email address because it was already in use by another member.    So I just figured that I had forgotten that I already signed up.  I clicked on the thing for them to email me my password, but it said that they did not have a member with that email address. 

So I emailed some administrator with my problem, pointing out that I am the only one who uses this email and it definately is mine, seeing as I was emailing the message from it and have never heard back. 

I came back across this thread last week and went back through the whole thing again and still haven't heard from anyone! 

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
kjmandy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »

I joined promosquad and the first three songs were Clay Aiken!!!!!! Wow, they were great!!!!
Helen from Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »

Thanks Pamela for the info and will make sure I get doing that. have a good incase I get lost coming back haha  just kidding
Finding my way Finally
Jamma
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 03:38:49 PM »

I joined today. I listened to five songs but didn't have time to listen for more so, I never got to hear Clay.  :paraI live in California, I choose  Kost 103.5 as the station I listen to. I should have checked "all" as Pamela suggested. 

I will try again.

lolita

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:57 AM »

loved the first three songs that clay aiken did

alyse