gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RADIO INFORMATION  (Read 4447 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: December 30, 2004, 11:44:12 PM »

RADIO FORMATS:

CHR (Contemporary Hit Radio)
Dubbed mainstream pop music radio, CHR (contemporary hit radio) stations play a variety of popular music of today and the past few years (or decades). There is little emphasis on new and cutting edge music. Today, a good majority CHR formatted stations, especially in larger markets, slant their music playlists toward another music format (rock or urban). These are defined below.

POP/CHR
Also is referred to as CHR-top 40. In comparison to CHR-rhythmic, the basic elements are the same, but there is a slant more towards rock and alternative songs. Play lists consist of new cutting edge music, current hits and popular hits of the last 6 to 12 months. The target audience is young adult and adults ages 15 to 30.

CHR-Rhythmic
Although a good number of songs will be played on both CHR-pop and CHR-rhythmic stations, the difference between the formats is that CHR-rhythmic leans toward more hip-hop, rap and dance songs, rather than rock and alternative. Play lists consist of new cutting edge music, current hits and popular hits of the last 6 to 12 months. The target audience is also people 15 to 30 years of age.

AC (Mainstream Adult Contemporary)
Simply referred to as 'AC', adult contemporary music stations are aimed at people age 30 years and older. These stations offer lively contemporary music of the past decade or two without cutting edge music, rock or rap music. Such artists popular on these stations include Madonna, Lionel Ritchie, Mariah Carey, Elton John and Amy Grant just to name a few.

HOT AC (Adult Contemporary)
Stations with this format have a slightly younger target audience than the ac format. More upbeat music and more cutting edge music is prevalent. Hot AC is a hybrid between pop and AC music with an almost exclusive concentration on current hits and music of the past 12 months.
TV RADIO WORLD

RADIO AIRPLAY LINKS
RADIO & RECORDS
R&R AC NATIONAL AIRPLAY
R&R CHR/POP NATIONAL AIRPLAY
R&R HOT AC NATIONAL AIRPLAY Search for your local station's playlist, and determine the airplay spins for Clay's songs.

MEDIABASE LINKS
MEDIABASE AC CHART
MEDIABASE CHR/POP CHART
MEDIABASE HOT AC CHART
INVISIBLE FORMAT LEADERS

STATIONS, PLAYLISTS AND SONG TITLES
HITSEARCH Find out who IS playing Clay! Search playlists for stations all across the country.
YES.NET What's that song? Hear it on the radio, find it here on Yes.net.
RADIO STATION LOCATOR  Find local stations in your market area.  Direct links to their websites.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 03:25:33 AM »

This feels like a thread that'll have LOTS and LOTS of activity when Clay issues a single to radio.

The definition of "AC" is perfect. That's where Clay's biggest support comes from: people over 30.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 09:10:03 PM »

Thanks AC...I hope to see you in here when that time comes, sharing some R&R info with us!  I just wanted to be ready, especially considering that Clay may possibly be touring as early as May in support of his new CD.  I don't know when the CD will be released, but apparently Jerome told some fans in El Cajon that he would be back out touring by late Spring.

It's possible he will be trying out new material for the CD, or promoting a finished CD, I don't know.  

It occurs to me that during this "hiatus," if Clay was being played on the radio, he would stay in people's minds more easily.   For the more casual fan it would go a long way toward keeping his name out there.

Of course we'll still be here regardless.  Wink
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 05:27:51 AM »

You can bet i'll be here with R&R information as needed!!! i hope he starts to tour in May...hopefully he'll appear around here Yes!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 10:07:54 AM »

Of course we'll still be here regardless.

you bet we will Pamela!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx