gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rules Regarding Avatars, Signatures, Banners  (Read 8501 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: December 29, 2004, 10:22:01 PM »

Registered members are allowed to have an avatar.  This is a picture that will appear below your member name when you post.  The guidelines are as follows:

1. The maximum size will be 100 x 100
2. The file should be no larger than 6 kb
3. You may upload an avatar to our database if you have one on your computer or a URL you would like to use
4. Avatar options are available from within your member profile. Click on "Profile" at the top of the page and add the link or upload your avatar in the proper field.

Directions for uploading an avatar, see ClayMaine-iac's instructions below or click HERE.

Please note: This forum utilizes an automatic resizing feature. Your avatar will be resized to 90x110 automatically.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SIGNATURES
Your signature lines appear below your post.  These lines are entered on your profile page and will appear automatically each time you post.  The guidelines are as follows:

1.  Please keep your sig line to 5 lines or less.  We do not have a minimum post size on this board. Therefore, we have many short posts. With all the short posts on the board, the pages are filled with repeating sig lines and cause members to have to spend all their time scrolling through them.  
2.  Please remove all white space from your signature.  In other words, if you have two lines, please do not leave a blank line in between them.  Again, too much scrolling and a waste of space.
3.  No pictures in your signature please. Pictures cause many of our members with dial up service slow page loading times.
4. No banners please.  They are distracting, and for people who post many times on a single page, other people must scroll through their banners to get to the actual discussion.  
5.  There is an option in your profile to "turn off" the signature feature.  Choosing this option will make all signatures invisible to you.

Thanks again for your cooperation!  If you have any questions, please let me or one of the moderators know.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 05:35:16 PM »

Pamela, thanks for making this clear.  If I have something that isn't within the guidelines, and it's screwing everybody's computer up, then I have no problem with having it deleted and being told about it.  Hopefully, everyone else feels the same way.  Thanks!!!!!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 07:49:08 PM »

Thanks for clearing this up, Pamela. I took the animated gif out of my sig line. When I had dial up I had problems with slow loading pages due to the gif files. Now that I have a cable modem it's not a problem, but I still want to be considerate to those the animted gifs are causing problems for.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claypots
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 06:17:30 PM »

I know the size is supposed to be 80x80, but I've noticed a lot of the members avitars are a lot bigger then 80x80! Mine is 100x90.

Never mind! I figured it out!
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:24:57 AM »

Thanks, it was very helpful.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Bertilou
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 09:06:43 AM »

I haven't been here for a long time and just updating my profile and testing my avatar.  Maybe there is another place to do this but I don't see it.
annie roberts
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 05:22:28 PM »

Hi I have been trying to put avator in my profile but I can't see to do it right.  Could someone help me?
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 05:29:12 PM »

If you PM ILClaymate, Angela would help you. She did mine for me!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ClaysTwinkleKeeper
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 07:32:39 PM »

Just testing the appearance of my avitar.  I can't believe this is only my first post. 
I lurk too much..... !!!!
AutSLP35
Claynewbie

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 10:29:21 AM »

I don't see the red Avatar Control Panel anywhere on my profile  ! HELP!

Victoria

What one man can do is dream.
What one man can do is love.
What one man can do is change the world and make it work again.
Here you see what one man can do.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 10:59:39 AM »

Hi Victoria!! wave

And welcome again to Claymaniacs!!

To load an avatar:
Click on PROFILE (at the top of the board)
Then click on Forum Profile Information on the left of the screen.

You will get 3 options for adding an avatar:
1. Personalized picture
2. I have my own pic
3. I will upload my own pic.

Just choose your option and add your pic (or URL or http address)

Hope this helps!!
Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
AutSLP35
Claynewbie

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 06:37:30 PM »

I think my problem was finding a picture that was only 8kb. Are there any links that have small files? I don't think I have a photo editing program (certainly not one that I installed). Thanks, Deanna.

Victoria

What one man can do is dream.
What one man can do is love.
What one man can do is change the world and make it work again.
Here you see what one man can do.
ILClaymate
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »

Victoria ~ Welcome!  I will try and help you with your avie.  I'll send you a PM.
His1NOnly2930
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »

Thanks for posting info on this topic.. there always seems to be arguments lol!  Laughing

PaC
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »

I am just testing my signature and avi to make sure I have done it correctly.   bigsmile
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx