gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JOYFUL NOISE IN PASADENA CA CELLCERT THREAD  (Read 49735 times)
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2004, 10:13:34 PM »

Clandy wrote:

Chrisie...I sent you a pm

I got it and thank you sooo very much !! Whatcha think ??????? You like ??
   I love it !!!!!!! Not Worthy

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2004, 10:15:01 PM »

Quote from: ILClaymate

Heater fan, are you surprised that Bob and Linda were there??

Nope, I'm not surprised, but to me it's getting to be a bit much...pretty freaky actually...I'm sure Clay has to wonder why they travel EVERYWHERE!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2004, 10:17:16 PM »

Quote from: heater
Quote from: ILClaymate

Heater fan, are you surprised that Bob and Linda were there??

Nope, I'm not surprised, but to me it's getting to be a bit much...pretty freaky actually...I'm sure Clay has to wonder why they travel EVERYWHERE!

I AGREEE HEATHER...FREAKY AND OBSESSIVE...
I GUESS THEY HAVE LOADS OF MONEY AND NO REAL LIFE...

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2004, 10:21:19 PM »

THANKS FOR THE FUN CELLCERT...
I AM OFF TO THE OCD..
GOODNIGHT

ILClaymate
« Reply #344 on: December 28, 2004, 10:26:27 PM »

Quote from: ChrisieD
Clandy wrote:

Chrisie...I sent you a pm

I got it and thank you sooo very much !! Whatcha think ??????? You like ??
   I love it !!!!!!! Not Worthy

Nice choice Chrisie!!!  He looks good on you!  I didn't recognize you at first!  Glad you like it!

wave Goodnight!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2004, 02:36:23 AM »

Clayed in Pasadena!
At 5:30 PM my cousin joined me again for another experience of Clay magic …at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.  Thunder and lightening contributed to a powerful, dramatic ambiance as we made our way over to the venue.  But, it didn’t compare to the intense anticipation welling up in the both of us.  Even, after arriving in a downpour did not in anyway diminish our excitement which had built to the power of shall we say 35 after waiting about that many days to finally hear him again!

The staff at the venue did demonstrate some compassion for the early arrivals.  Some awning-like affairs were installed in front of each to the entrances.  While they were not sufficiently large enough for all of us to gather underneath them, they actually let a lot of us in to wait in the outer lobby area until we were asked to go back out in the rain to line up for security checks (that was fun, not).  Those arriving without handbags, and there were quite a few, were allowed in much more quickly.  The security check was fairly casual.

Then we were off to obtain merchandise.  Since so much of it is now listed as out of stock on the net, I was concerned there would be a shortage at this concert too.  It paid to bring cash.  Within minutes I was able to purchase a copy of shirts, tour book and the lanyard.  We then were ushered to our seats.  The venue chart led me to believe they were somewhat closer. Due to a password snafu, I was really grateful to have obtained any orchestra seats at all.  We ended up in the very last row of the first floor.  Because of the size of the auditorium, these seats turned out to be acceptable…except they were so far from Clay  Cry! …but good ol binoculars certainly helped offset the distance.

The audience was really varied.  People of all ages were there; lots of intergenerational pairings were present.  Next to my cousin, were a mother and daughter who drove up this afternoon from San Diego to hear Clay.  Most wore attractive, festive attire.  And…thanks be the lord…the folks near us were very well behaved.  I think I would have clunked a middle of the song screamer with my cane, if they had been near me.  Oops…such a vicious sentiment during the season of love…mea culpa!  

Finally, the show began.  The little boy sang with gusto and then came Clay. Yes!!! Clay was wearing a maroon, knit shirt, which seemed a bit large on him and gray pants, which were definitely a little baggy…I suppose he has lost some weight again.  His hair was spiked up much like it had been on the Tonight show.  His eyes sparkled and he seemed well rested.  What on earth does he do about jet leg and his biorhythm all askew with strange timetables? After a little soft shoe…he announced that’d be the last dancing we’d see tonight…and of course we were moved to shout out Noooo.  He said his agent was there tonight…so he’d better not burp etc.

He seemed to look forward to sharing the latest with us and began the chat by telling his story about shopping.  He got mixed up and said I’ve been telling it for a month now…I’ll just start over…and he did!  That man is a scream!

He changed up a lot of songs.  He was in spectacular voice and at every opportunity he went for peak phrasing and stunning melodic arcs.  It was as if he was free to unharness all the passion he possessed and offer it as a gift to us.  We were quite willing to receive it, oh yes!  

How is it that he so owns that stage, just 26 years old…and he’s been at this for less than two years?  What a born entertainer!  One might go so far as to consider that a Clayliberation has transpired, and indeed he is fully emancipated.  That soaring spirit of his is absolutely palpable.  I could continue to reach for the means to paint verbal sketches of his remarkable powers…but meanwhile on with the show…ha!

Jacob sounded good, Angela sounded really good and Quiana sounded amazing.  They are certainly fine musicians/vocalists.

Early in the performance a group of Clayfans on Clay’s right, about 9 rows up, let loose with a chorus of I Love You, Clays (at least that’s what I think they were saying) and Clay tried to ignore them initially.  They kept it up  He said shut up! This is my show and I’ll do the talking!…and it bit more that I couldn’t hear over the cheers and laughter.

The high school choir was from Glendale, a city just west of Pasadena.  The elementary choir kids were on the money and the readers did a terrific job…lots of poise.

While Clay’s hair was pretty spiked at first, after he left the side exit he might have gotten a little wet…or at least he was exposed to the damp air…I noted it was tamer the second half…more natural and just darling…made him more boyish, and who can resist that I ask you?

There was not a lot of interaction on the New Years Resolutions dialogue…Quiana said something about enjoying her cat…teehee…and then someone said something about not having New Years Resolutions…and Clay claimed they stole his lines.

He also talked about Christmas…asked how many people had 25 at their house, and how many had just two…and then he stated I’m going to your house next year.  Later, he chatted some about being back home…and I was thrilled because he actually intimated LA being his home too (since I live in this area, the assumption of nearby access is fertile ground for fabulous fantasies)…and about being back next year…we all cheered…had to mix it up a bit…as an intro to IBHFC.  He sang in such a heartfelt manner tonight, in particular this one.  I liked the slower tempo…it added to the nostalgia.

Oh Holy Night…you know that could have been my title to this review.  I adored the extras Clay has added to OHN since recording it on his CD.  I’ve been really good and waited to view clack until after my concert…oh that was so hard.  But, so worth it…I had no idea how much more beautiful Clay was able to sing this elegant piece.  We all screamed at the end of it and stood for an ovation…and a little child started in reading the next bible segment.

The TFN was simply perfection.  It just built up to the most powerful conclusion.  It by far surpassed his rendition of it on last year’s CD, and the AI holiday special.  With the conviction he imparted to the carol, it sounded as if he was literally introducing us to the heavenly miracle this very night…what demonstrable artistry, since these are Christmas classics sung year after year.

Clay shared about his tenure as a pianist…said he was lazy…his experience with the piano lasted 1 ˝ hours…didn’t last at all with T ball and listed a few other things…and in spite of his practice record, his grandmother wanted him to play and start up a round of Christmas carols…but the family is tone deaf.

MDYK was the very best I’ve ever heard it …including performances on his CD, Jay Leno, his special, the view, the early show, and the today show.  None compared to how he was tonight.  He had me believing that he reached down to the depth of his faith and poured the music out from the core of his being.  We could have used some moments of silence after it, just to linger awhile and savor the exquisite hope it conveys.

In just a flash, we were nearing the end of the concert, and my absolute favorite was yet to come.  I was blown away with Don’t Save It All last year from Clay’s performance on the AI holiday special.  I had never heard the piece before and I prayed fervently that Clay would record it on his Christmas CD.  Tonight, DSIAFCD was nothing short of sublime.  I think it really could be Clay’s anthem, his reason for being…a vehicle for all the love and desire for compassion that dwells within Clay.

Last, as has been his encore tradition, he sang Good News.  I’m not familiar with this song.  It seemed like Clay’s personal prayer, his thanks and source of renewal.  As Clay empties himself of the love he has to give and we, his adoring fans, are only too happy to receive, a song like Good News allows Clay to restore himself and leave us with this deep testament emanating from his soul.

What a night.  

May Clay realize the hope, love and laughter he brings to the hearts of all of us.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2004, 04:43:02 AM »

I JUST GOT THROUGH READING ALL OF THE PAGES FROM LAST NIGHTS CELLCERT.  I WANT TO CRY BECAUSE I COULD NOT BE HERE FOR IT BUT LET ME TELLING YOU JUST READING EVERY PAGE MADE ME FEEL LIKE IT WAS JUST HAPPENING.  TWO MORE TO GO AND IT WILL BE OVER.  BOO HOO....  I KNOW HE WILL MISS US AS MUCH AS WE WILL MISS HIM AND I KNOW HE WILL BE BACK SOONER THAN WE THINK.
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2004, 04:53:09 AM »

Clayharmony:  what a great review.  I can relate - my seats in Baltimore were last row center floor too!!  I had my binoculars and saw his beautiful face close up the whole show.  So glad you finally got Clayed!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2004, 07:52:13 AM »

CLAYHARMONY- WHAT A BEAUTIFUL REVIEW- IT IS REALLY A JOYFUL EXPERIENCE GOING TO ONE OF HIS CONCERTS, ESPECIALLY THE JNT ONES

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2004, 10:54:04 AM »

CLAYHARMONY:

THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST HEARTFELT REVIEWS THAT I
HAVE EVERY READ!  YOU SAID EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM SO
ELOQUENTLY AND I COULD TELL IT WAS FILLED WITH LOVE
FROM YOUR HEART!  YOU WERE BATHED IN HIS PERFECTION,
HIS SONG AND IN HIS SPIRIT.  I SAW THE JOYFUL NOISE
CONCERT TWICE AND I COULD NEVER SURPASS WHAT YOU
JUST SAID OR IN THE WAY THAT YOU SO BEAUTIFULL DID.
THE MAN KEEPS ME IN AWE!

THANK YOU!!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2004, 11:01:07 AM »

CLAYHARMONY.....THANKS FOR THAT WONDERFUL REVIEW!  OF ALL FOUR OF CLAY'S TOURS, THIS ONE HAS BEEN MY FAVORITE!  I HOPE THIS BECOMES A CHRISTMAS TRADITION FOR HIM.  MY HOLIDAY WAS MADE ALL THE MORE SPECIAL BECAUSE OF THE JNT.  THANK YOU, CLAY!!!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2004, 11:02:01 AM »

Clayharmony, thanks so much for your review!  You made me feel like I was there.  He did sound great last night, I was lucky enough to be cellcerted, but to be there had to be heaven.  I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2004, 12:42:10 PM »

clayharmony!!  beautiful review!! i loved every word!  i was so down last night bc i had to miss the cellcert but there was no way i could type last night with this gosh darned finger!  there's one tonight right?

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
liney23
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2004, 01:46:13 PM »

I had the fun job of taking a Clay newbie to the show last night.  We couldn’t sit together, but had dinner before and a drink after to discuss the show and let the traffic clear a bit.  She loved it and wondered why he hadn’t been discovered before AI with that voice.  I told her no one had been looking LOL!

We went to PF Changs.  It was a great meeting (thanks Lori!).  Almost the whole restaurant was Clayfans.  My friend was impressed!

Raincoats, umbrellas, wet feet… not the most ideal circumstances for a concert, but the most ideal concert ever (till next time J)

I talked to tessie (front row, just a few feet from the woman and girl Clay sang to).  Perfect Match was there with her very cool father (handsome, too).  The man got up and waltzed with her in the aisle when Christmas Waltz was on and dipped her, even.  Got applause!  Talked to Outthere!  She had on a very cool black and white shawl.  Fun to talk to her, as always, tho the time was too short!!!  Claymaniacs was very well represented!

The venue was lovely.  The curtains and stage were actually nicer than OCPAC and that’s saying something.  The whole concert was better.  Going to the first concert, especially when Clay was still not 100% only works is you can also go the a later one.  He changes the songs soooo much for the better.  On the Glory note, not only did he take a bigger pause before starting it, thereby calling more attention to it, but had a change up in it, like a wail, that was magnificent… very jazzy.  I hope there’s clack, tho the orchestra was almost as loud as he was and almost drowned him out.  Also, what he added to OHN since Costa Mesa was grrrreat!!!

He is just soooo comfortable on that stage.  He knows we all love him and anything he says or does, so he just goes with the flow and we lap it up!  I’ve never experienced anything like it.  Owning the stage doesn’t even quite describe it correctly.  

He was talkative and his brain got ahead of his mouth or vise versa a couple of times, but he always turned it into a funny, like when he just started the story about the ticket over again.  Someone thought he pointed to himself, like HE had bought the surround sound for Quina for Christmas.  I don’t doubt it.  The bit when Quina screwed up the resolutions gag was hysterical.  He just looked at her and said something about them doing this bit for a month and she takes his lines, so he did it over again and properly segued into DSITFCD.

Jacob and Angela did well, but Quina was superb.  She needs to be his opening act in his next concert tour!  My friend said she was really impressed with the caliber of his backup singers, that she would have gone to a concert to see any one of them.

Man does he look good in black and especially the pants of perfection.  He did not wear that outfit in CM.  I’m so glad he has gotten over his fear of letting his body be clothed in properly fitting clothes, at least occasionally so we can really appreciate it.

He sang to a small girl and an older woman (whose hand he kissed).  Someone a few seats away told me the girl really didn’t seem to know what to make of him.  We could not see him at all since he was bent down so much to get on her level.  I would have loved to see his face.

One “improvement” in the show I did not like!  They turned the spotlight off of him when the kids were reading.  It was lovely in CM to see his face enjoying and encouraging those children and I missed that here.  It was dramatic and effective, but I wish they wouldn’t have.

Driving clear back to OC in driving rain with lightening and slippery flooded freeways was not the most fun I’ve had, but I made it home safely, tho my shoulders are stiff this morning from holding the car on the road for so long.  I would do it again in a minute, he is soooo worth it!
claydevotee
« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2004, 06:33:19 PM »

Great reviews, CLAYHARMONY and LINEY!!!  What a night, eh????
tessie
« Reply #355 on: December 29, 2004, 08:49:11 PM »

First of all I want to say thank you again to Lorrie for the great seat and to her wonderful husband who decided she would probably have more fun sitting with me than with him and so he elected to sit in row J and let me sit in the first row.  This was the best concert I have been to.

I hopped on my plane at 2:30 and had an uneventful, but quite bumpy ride to LA.  Lorrie and her husband met me at the airport and we drove to Pasadena where we had dinner at a restaurant full of dressed up ladies who had themselves traveled from here and there to see Clay.  We ran into a couple of people we knew, talked and giggled a bit and then headed across the street to the theater.

It was pouring and so they let us wait in the lobby and we managed to be first in line at one of the doors waiting to be let in.  Once the doors opened, we rushed to the merchandise table so that Lorrie could spend her money before the things she wanted were sold out.  

That task taken care of, we went to see where our seats were.  We were in the first row center with seats next to the center asile.  I immediately noticed that there were NO side stairs from the stage into the audience.  I then realized that there was a little stage with two steps on each side of it leading down to RIGHT WHERE WE WERE SITTING!   OMG!  There was a security man standing there and so I took a deep breath and walked up to him and said, "Are those the steps that Clay will be walking down?"  He looked at me and said, "I can't tell you that"........and then grinned and said, "but, YES, they are."  OMG....that meant that Clay would be walking down those steps and if he chose his right side, he would be right in front of Lorrie and I!  

That is all it took!  I died.....right there.  Lorrie called Heather, but I was having trouble breathing and just told Lorrie to say that I was already dead!

We were still early so we sat down.  Amy came running over to say hello.  Then Liney and Cati (Perfect Match) came over and I hugged Liney and Cati introduced herself and we shrieked and talked and said Mack had said we should meet and it was fun.  Cati is so cute and so nice and was super excited too!

I am not so good at describing each song and each note and all of that so I will do the best I can.  He looked amazing.  Purple sweater, striped shirt, I don't know what color pants, looooong black shoes.  He looked totally perfect from his head to his toe.  His voice was perfect.  His banter was delightful.  He was happy and on....rested and relaxed.

He was no more than 5 feet in front of us.  He prowled the stage.  With just a word and a grin the audience was his and he knew it.  We giggled and clapped and sighed and responded to every little thing he did and said.....a mass Claying.  We watched him pick out the person he would sing to.  His eyes scanned the front sections and we could tell when he decided and where she was sitting....we just wern't quite sure who he would pick.  He looked at members of the first row often.  He looked right at me many times.  And then he began...WAYDNYE....slowly, slowly as the audience realized what was coming and collectively sighed and anticipated.  He began on the right...slowly made his was to the left....singing and looking into the eyes of the people in the front row as he went.  He stopped in front of me....looked in my eyes and sang....it seemed to go on forever....I couldn't tear my eyes away from his....and then....slowly continued down the row.  As he came to the end of the row, he stopped and turned back.  He stepped out onto the little stage and came down the steps on our side....slowly, slowly walking, so close to me I could easily have reached out and touched him.  He went 4 seats down and stopped in front of a very young girl, perhaps 6 or 7 years old.
He knelt down in front of her....he was so close to me I could hear every word he said....he was exquisitely gentle with her....she was not quite sure what was happening.  Very quietly he asked her name and when he didn't understand it (she was an Asian child with an unusual name), he asked her mother what she had said.  He repeated her name and sang to her a bit more.  He tried to pat her hand, but she wasn't sure and so he smiled at her gently and continued up the asile.  He sang a few notes to an older fan, kissed her hand, and out the side door he went.

He didn't sing to me.  He didn't dance with me.  But he was so close and had literally looked into my eyes while he was singing it was the most amazing and incredible thing ever.  I was thoroughly Clayed and thoroughly happy and thoroughly satisfied.  It was perfect!

The second part of the show was fabulous.  So different from the first half where Clay prowled the stage and made the audience his.  O Holy Night was fabulous.  MDYK equally special.  I'll be home for Christmas, which in San Jose had brought me to tears knowing how much he was looking forward to be home, now made me smile knowing he had had time to be with the people he loved.  DSIAFCD was unbelievable!  I'm not sure he has every given a better performance.  The hall resounded with his glory notes and the standing ovation was truly deserved.

Good News was a fitting end to a perfect show.  Unhappily, the flashes began then and ushers had to prowl the hall.  But Clay's performance was special and beautiful and for me a wonderful end to this very lovely tour.

I realize that I have gone on forever.  I forgot to say that I did see his BLACK socks when he sat on the stool to sing MDYK.  He wore his long coat with a green shirt and a red tie....I noticed thinking they were Christmas colors.  He changed to the dark shirt, silver tie and black pants.  He had nice shoes at the end, black with either blue or silver and expensive looking.

The show was over.....it was perfect....but for some reason, it is never enough.  I cannot wait until I can see him live again.  It is just never enough......but it was SO VERY SPECIAL.  I won't forget last night for a very long time.....if ever.
outthereforclay
« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2004, 09:19:20 PM »

Tessie and all...great reports from Pasadena! I'm still absorbing the perfection of the evening...Clay truly was in incredible form...voice perfect...snark on...hair v.cool...PANTS!...and MDYK brought me to tears (of rapture, of course...although I do NOT volunteer from whence the rapture came )....

Anyway, I'm at Cheryl's house now and will be until tomorrow afternoon and we're way too busy talking and drooling Claystuff to take time out to write a review....I'll start it tomorrow while on the plane....and post by tomorrow night...even though it will be after the fact and two other concerts.

Let me end this post by saying...I have NEVER heard Clay sound better. His voice on every stinking song was absolutely untouched by anything but glory and hotness and

he was so danged beautiful I just wanted to....

well...never mind....you guys know me...fill in the blanks..
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2004, 09:53:22 PM »

Tessie wrote:
But he was so close and had literally looked into my eyes

No, Carol, remember they were my eyes that he looked into.

OMG... OMG... OMG... that was all I could say. It was wonderful being that close.  He looked fantastic and sounded great!!!  The best I have ever heard him.  Even my husband said he was amazed at how someone could sing like that LIVE.  

It was everything I could hope for and more.....And that folks, is my not so lenghty concert review.
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2004, 09:57:19 PM »

TESSIE....
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPORT...
I AM AS EXCITED AS YOU ARE...

BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2004, 09:58:31 PM »