gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 448
Total: 448

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cleveland booksigning!  (Read 3310 times)
summerstar
« on: December 22, 2004, 06:03:16 PM »

HEY EVERYONE HERE ARE A FEW OF THE PICS I GOT FROM THE CLEVELAND BOOKSIGNIING, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TRYING TO POST A PHOTO SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IF I MESS SOMETHING UP, I HAVE MORE THAT I WILL POST LATER, IF THESE WORK OK... SO HERE IS ONE OF NICK (HES SO SWEET AND CUTE) AND ONE OF CLAY WHEN HE FIRST SAT DOWN FOR THE SIGNING..  
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 08:17:23 PM »

Thank you Summerstar- your pictures are great!!. I was there too. My pictures are not good but I know someone's that is. It may be after Christmas but I will ask her to try and get them up. She got some really great shots from the book signing- clear and close up!! They are WOW too!!. He was in great form..yes, even in the green sweater!!

I actually met Clay Aiken. I actually shook his hand. We all did - but it still just seems so surreal.

Lora-Ohio
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 07:47:58 AM »

THANK YOU SUMMERSTAR - GREAT PICS.  I SURE WISH CLAY HAD DONE A BOOK SIGNING HERE IN CT. OR EVEN R.I.
summerstar
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 10:25:30 AM »

IM HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO POST THE PICS, I JUST WISH THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CLEAR, BUT UNFORTUNATLY I WAS SHAKING TO MUCH (LOL), I STILL CANT BELIEVE I MET CLAY, HES SO SWEET, AND SINCERE, I ALSO TALKED TO NICK FOR A COUPLE MINUTES WHAT A SWEETIE! AND THAT EVENING WE WENT TO THE CONCERT, WE HAD 4TH ROW CENTER SEATS (EXCELLENT) CLAY WAS SO AWESOME, ITS ALMOST LIKE WE COULD REACH OUT AND TOUCH HIM!! BUT I HAVE TO SAY THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY WAS THE BOOKSIGNING, IF ONLY FOR 20SECONDS THAT ENCOUNTER WILL ALWAYS STAY IN MY MIND, HE ASKED MY NAME AND I PAUSED, I KNOW , SILLY , RIGHT? BUT I WAS LOST IN THOSE GREEN EYES, THEN HE SAID MERRY CHRISTMAS,AND SHOOK MY HAND, AND I SAID GOD BLESS YOU. AND HE PUT IS OTHER HAND ON MINE, LOOKED ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE, AND SAID "GOD BLESS YOU TOO" I KNOW IT DOSENT SEEM LIKE A HUGE THING BUT IT MADE MY DAY!!! I HOPE EVERY CLAY FAN HERE HAS A CHANCE FOR THEIR OWN CLAY ENCOUNTER, IF ONLY FOR A FEW SECONDS... I WILL TRY TO POST MORE PICS, I HAVE A GOOD ONE OF HIM WHEN HE FIRST ENTERED, THE UPSTAIRS, WITH JEROME AND NICK ON EITHER SIDE OF HIM, BUT FOR SOME REASON MY SCANNER IS GIVING ME PROBLEMS... ANYWAY, HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE...
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 10:54:16 AM »

Ok...where do I start?? How about from the beginning??

Huckleberry drove the 1 1/2 hours to me on Monday night and stayed here for our drive to Cleveland the next morning. We drove to Marion and picked up a Clay fan not on the boards..and set off. We had book signing group numbers and we were praying all of the way that nothing would slow us down and we would not be late. well..we weren't! we arrived in plenty of time. We met up with ClayLady, Caramel131, Karen28, Bisi, McCraig, ChrisieD's mom...LittleLady, Jeanne11 and her friend Ann, and Joyce (friend and Clay concert companion to ClayLady). We also saw and spoke to to GrammaYoder and PapaYoder as well as another lovely lady they brought. We had coffee and bagels while waiting..nervously chatting about Mr. Aiken and what we would say when we met him. I had casually offered to "add another chapter to his book that he won't likely forget"..but they didn't think that Jerome would like that and may drag me off..so..I then offered to say "Hi Clay, I'm HavinaClayAffair" but once again..they didn't think that would be a good idea. So..I thought..OK- I'll wing it!

Well..at around 11:45, they made the announcement- Clay was going to be arriving soon but could be 15 minutes late. What a surprise!! I totally expected that! Soon, in walked Jerome who did receive some cheers..but by the time they were done fussing with tables and platforms and chairs and benches and different tables and legs of the tables and angles of the table and books on the table - then repositioning the books on the table..well..you get my drift- It was silly. They were now even more late. Planned?? Who knows..but some of the "fans" were now IM- Patiently waiting...I suggested we sing Christmas songs..get the crowd train of thought going to something else. A rendition of Winter Wonderland was began...it lasted until we all forgot the words...but- it took our minds off the fact that the tables were just not right. Again..it was silly. The bookstore then finally put on some Clay music!! Good Idea!!

FINALLY- about 35- 40 minutes late..the clapping for Clay began and in walks OMC..beautiful bookstore, beautiful balcony..then beautiful Clay. Waving, strutting, smiling Clay. Oh.. and Alfalfa Hair Clay..at least that one spike in the back. Too cute.

Group one was postioned to meet Clay..and now- Group 2 was being put in place. I was in group 2 with Caramel- Chandra. I was trying to take photo's - which were allowed. Mine came out badly..except the one photo that Caramel got of me at the table with Clay. THAT one actually turned out! So..anyway- it is my turn now and I hand my book to the girl on my right and walk nearer the table to "meet" Clay. So...what comes out of my mouth??? "Ya know Clay.. I have plans to attend a concert tonight..and now, since you were late.. I may be late to that concert." He looks up with a giggle..and says something to the affect of "Well..I think you'll be Ok..I don't think they will start the concert without me!!" ummm..."you are probably right.".. He shook my hand and of course, wishes me a "Merry Christmas". I did not say my name..or where I was from or what fansite I followed.. DARN! I should have just went with - Hi.. I am HavinaClayAffair!!

Chandra did tell Clay.."Hi Clay- I am your Cleveland Dancer"..He looked up and honestly seemed to recollect her. He was very surprised and smiling! Told her he did remember her. I got the photo off too late..as they were dragging me/ pushing me away. Sorry again Chandra but her sister got some great shots!

My thoughts on up close and personal with Clay?? Ahh..he's not so bad. HAHA!!

He was a great looking man! He really was!! He did have stubble..he did look you right in the eyes. I do not think he looked small in any way..he did have on that side slit green sweater that I so don't like but..I wasn't looking at the sweater. I was looking at him!! He had a great handshake. I was very happy about that!

I thought that maybe once I saw him..more closely, my delusion of Clay..we will call it a delusion..would be wrong. It was not. He truly is a very handsome man and I must have said that 100 times after I met him.

I had an opportunity to 'meet' Clay twice but Claylady was gracious enough to get my 2 friends actual group numbers so she took my other book to get it signed for me, with Huckleberry, who had stand by numbers. I hope she remembers his face forever. She was beaming.

All in all..the book signing was a success. He was very gracious..hugging and posing with small children and some fans using wheelchairs. He received gifts that Jerome put in boxes on the floor to Clay's right.

I left a happy gal...on to the hotel and the concert!! And to see a man that enters my thoughts on a regular basis for the last 2 years of my life.

Lora-Ohio
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 11:37:24 AM »

Thanks for posting the pics and great reviews! his hair looked so cute!

Lora- what a funny story!!!
summerstar
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 12:22:31 PM »

LORA-
WHAT A GREAT REVIEW IM GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME, I ACTUALLY JUST TALKED TO CLAYLADY ON THE PHONE YESTERDAY, I WAS TRYING TO FIND HER AT THE BOOKSIGNING, BUT COULDNT, I MET HER, AND GRANDMA YODER, AS WELL AS CARAMEL THE DAY WE BOUGHT THE LINE NUMBERS.. THEY ARE ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND CLAYLADY DID SAY SHE HAD A BLAST WITH SOME REALLY GREAT FRIENDS... GLAD TO HEAR IT WENT WELL,AND YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME, HOPEFULLY I CAN MEET YOU ALSO SOMETIME... TAKE CARE..
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 01:29:47 AM »

Summerstar thanks for posting those pics!

They're really great!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 11:23:29 PM »

thanks for those pics! WAY cute!

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 12:42:08 PM »

Those are so cute and I really enjoyed your story!

-Kat
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx