gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 415
Total: 415

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 8  (Read 3953 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 07, 2003, 09:26:51 PM »

Attention all Canadians!  Pulled from another board:

I just received this e-mail from Ken Rigel at Z95 radio in Vancouver: "We added Invisible to light rotation starting Saturday (tomorrow)."

Everyone in the area needs to start phoning and e-mailing requests. You can also vote for the Top 12 at 12, the Top 6 at 6 and the Top 10 at 10. Let's get Invisible heard in Vancouver and moved up to moderate or heavy airplay.

Phone # 604-280-9595
Fax # 604-272-9329
www.z95.com
Requests: http://www.z95.com/muzik/requestz.php

Also, don't forget that MuchMusic premiered the Invisible video this afternoon between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m. EST. Please vote or e-mail MuchMusic and MuchMoreMusic to support the video.

MuchMoreMusic:
e-mail for requests: muchmoremail@muchmoremusic.com

MuchMusic:
http://www.muchmusic.com/
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 08:14:53 AM »

Here we go again.  Here is the info for VH1 voting.
VH1’s Top Twenty Video Countdown is a weekly, two-hour show that counts down the hottest twenty videos of the week. Hosted by VH1’s Aamer Haleem, every week we check out which videos are soaring in popularity and making moves up the countdown. And we also look at those videos which are starting to run out of gas and slide back down our chart.

http://www.vh1.com/interact/

If you would like to vote it is easy. Of course you have to sign up, then click on Top 20 Countdown and just add a message to any Clay page. Your message is the vote.

I will also add a permanent message in The Polling Place thread.  If you are bored on this rainy (in NC anyway) Saturday, please leave a message on a VH-1 Clay page!  It's a vote!  ThanX.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 12:58:38 PM »

HERSHEY FOODS CORPORATIONS’ KIDS’ CANDY CREATION LAB
This sweetest float of all depicts every candy lovers’ dream.  It stands 24 ft. tall, 32 ft. long and 16 ft. wide. This tasty laboratory overflows with chocolate and candy from Candytown, USA where the sweet smell of chocolate and candy is in the air!  Filled with giant lollipops, gumballs, and chocolate treats, this fun-filled fantasyland features a chocolate floor and a conveyor belt that brings Hershey®’s Kisses® chocolates down the line for inspection.  Sponsored by Hershey Foods Corporation, this float will carry the sweet sounds of American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken who’ll sing a song for youngsters of all ages.

MACY'S PARADE

I hope y'all realize what is so funny about this.  Anyone know?  :roll:
outthereforclay
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 01:05:31 PM »

Well, Pamela, as long as OMC doesn't start nibbling from the float, we're safe!

This IS funny and I'm sure Clay is the one laughing loudest!
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 01:28:02 PM »

Hopefully, he has no problem with the smell of chocolate :(  like some people do with peanuts.

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
Jexter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 01:28:29 PM »

I give. What's the connection????

P.S.
Clay is my "fun-filled fantasyland!" To heck with the rest!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 01:53:05 PM »

Aw, Jexter! You don't know that Clay is allergic to chocolate??  

Outthere, I bet you're right--Clay's probably laughing hardest of all of us!

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2003, 02:02:51 PM »

My goodness.  This is hilarious!  Read on...part of an interview with Simon.

Q: How big is Clay Aiken?

A. Clay is HUGE. He could easily end up as the biggest star of any of the Idols. I think he is by far the best thing that ever happened to this competition. I like Clay he makes me laugh.

Q:  Clay appears to be more successful than Ruben? Which is the same as Will Young and Gareth Gates. Will won Pop Idol but Gareth came second, and has gone on to have a far more successful year.

A.  I think when you’ve got a close competition as we did with Ruben and Clay in American Idol 2 and had with Will and Gareth in the first series of Pop Idol Then it possibly pays to be the runner up, rather than the winner. With Kelly and Justin in the first series of American Idol there was such a huge margin that it wasn’t great to be second. But, Clay is arguably the winner of the second series.

SIMON BACKPEDALS!
cjrmax
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2003, 08:30:02 PM »

Actually he didn't back pedal.  I read in, I think, TV Guide right around the time of the end of AI2 that he thought Clay had the chance to make the most money and be the biggest success of any of the AI contestants.  It was in an article about the finalists.  I think it was actually about the top 5 or 6.  But I also heard him repeat that in an interview on my local Fox affiliate right after the finale (Tuesday night).  He said that he thought the competition was neck and neck and no matter who won, the one who came in second would be a winner too.  He also said, when asked about Clay, that he thought his performance of BOTW was what could win it for him and again said that he thought Clay could be the most successful AI contestant ever.  And he said he liked Clay a lot as a person and that he admired his maturity because he was one of the few who could take criticism like a man and learn from it.  I always remember that interview and the comment from TV Guide because I thought it showed a side of Simon rarely seen and because he was so complimentary about Clay.

You know, I was on the Clay Media Online site (www.clay-media.com) and watching his AI performances and Simon actually had more positive things to say about Clay than negative.  And many of the negative things he said were, IMO, true.  Some I disagreed with, but some were accurate and I think Clay realized it too because he obviously worked to change a few things, which Simon noticed and mentioned.  I think we have a tendancy to only remember the negative comments Simon made.  Now, I won't argue that Simon (and Randy and Paula for that matter) seemed to have a definite preference for Ruben, but I think all 3 of them liked Clay and I doubt any of them are surprised with his success.  They may be surprised at the magnitude of his success, but not that he's been successful.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 09:56:09 AM »

cjrmaxSimon said lots of positive things about Clay.  However, he also said:

"I just don't see you as what we were looking for originally which was a great...a recording artist."

Not very perceptive.

He also said:

"I mean, you look back on those early clips, I'm not being rude, but you really were ugly then, and now you're handsome."

Rude, and untrue.  Clay was never 'ugly.' Also, Clay's mother was in the audience that night.  

He also called Clay 'ugly' several times on Conan O'Brien and he intimated he was gay on the Howard Stern show.  He also credited Clay's sales success with TITN/BOTW to the fact that Bridge Over Troubled Water was a classic song everyone wanted to own.  No credit at all to Clay's talent in singing it.

There's more, but I won't waste any more space with it.  Even if Simon thought Clay was a good singer, more marketable and a nice guy, he still couldn't help but call attention to himself by making petty, callous, jealous, homophobic comments at the same time.  Which he has every right to do, but I just don't care to see someone being unkind for no reason.

So, Simon is either a liar or just a hypocrite. Either way, he will never have my respect.  Just my opinion, we all have one!
Gwyneth
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 05:21:09 PM »

On Leno, when it was coming down to the wire, Simon was asked which one he thought would win.  Then, he said Clay, but for his own druthers, he'd prefer Ruben.  Is that the behavior of a so-called 'impartial' judge?  For my druthers, he should have given his opinion and shut up, rather than telling the 'follower' type of voter that HE believed Ruben to be the better singer.  Wasn't that each viewer's job to determine?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx