gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Day With Clay: A fan review  (Read 2067 times)
gcramsey
« on: December 19, 2004, 03:37:12 PM »

Here is my review of December 18, 2004.

Well I’ll start from the beginning.

It seems that every time my mom and I go see Clay, there seems to be a problem that almost makes us miss it. In Duluth for the Independent tour, my mom got stuck in traffic on the way to the venue. When leaving for Charlotte to see the solo tour, we forgot a bag and had to return home throwing us off track by several hours. We didn’t have much time to get settled before we had to leave for the picnic. This show was no different.

My day started at 7:30 AM. Plenty of time to make a 2:00 PM show at a venue only 25 minutes from my Parents home. This day was to break tradition. We were going to arrive with PLENTY of time.

There was a catch though. My father had gone to my home to take care of the farm while I am down with my back. Shouldn’t be a problem….1 hour away and all he has to do is let the animals out and get on the road.

8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00………ring ring. The phone at my mom’s. It’s my dad! What??????????????? You haven’t left yet??????????????????

“Dad, drop everything where it is now and get on the road!” I said to my father! How would this concert virgin know about all the troubles we could face? He doesn’t know about our “history” with cutting it close!

10:30, 11:00, 11:10………Dad walks in the door. I calculate in my head……one hour to get ready………..1 hour 50 minutes to get there. Seems like a lot, but we are riding the train so we don’t have to park. Not to mention we are meeting my Brother and Sister-in-law at the train station. Mom is already starting to worry; she knows our “history”.

Dad got ready in record time. We loaded up Granny and took off. (Grandma had been ready since 7:45, always prepared!) Made it to the train station by 12:30. One and a half hours till show time! One hour on the train……30 minutes EARLY! Ha, we beat the game this time!!!!!

12:45, 12:50, 12:55, 1:00………..Brother arrives, He and his wife had been waiting at the wrong train station, realized it, and then hurried to the right one. One hour, we should make it as long as they aren’t………………train stops……………..announcement; “We are on short delay while the other train clears the single-track.”  Ding Dang. It’s happening again!!!!!!!!!!!

Strain starts again, change trains to go north……5 stops………..25 minutes………..gonna be really close.

We arrived at Symphony hall with 4 minutes till show time. They tear our tickets and show us to the ushers (who we will discuss later). The usher looks at my ticket and says, “Wait right here, there is a problem with your tickets.” Come to find out that the people who were in our seats had gotten them from some place other than the venue. They removed the people from our seats and we sat down.

The nice “Clay-mate” next to me must have thought that since I was a guy, I didn’t know anything about Clay or his fans. Ha Ha! She proceeds to tell me that some people even bring their phones to give other people a “Cell-cert”. While she is telling me this I am getting my cell phone out and I tell her that I’m calling a girl in Raleigh.

While I am telling her this I hear “Are you Glen?” It turns out that three fellow Clay-Maniacs and one Husband are seated just behind me. It’s always good to meet fellow members!

Now on to the Ushers and the concert!

When we first sat down, my mom was getting her phone out and she was visited by an usher that told her that her phone would have to stay off and that there was security everywhere. The house lights drop and the concert started. Clay in all his grand style begins to mesmerize every single person in the room. The sound was great and his voice was supported by the sounds of the symphony, a beautiful combination. The sounds seemed to bend and twist together with little effort and amazing skill. I, along with everyone else, was seamlessly connected to the show. Except for two people………..the ushers.  I will now refer to them as the Nazi’s.

The Nazi’s were in full force at this show. The lady to my left hovered over us with her binoculars as she scanned the crowd for deviants such as myself. People disrespecting the show and the venue with cameras, phones and light sticks………that’s right……light sticks. The “Clay-mate” Mary Lou next to me had two children (very cute BTW) who had gotten glo-sticks at the merchandise booth. The Nazi came all the way down the isle to the middle to ask the little boy to turn off his glo-stick. TURN OFF A GLO-STICK??????????? You can’t do that! Not to mention that he bought it there! The Nazi’s continued to swarm over the crowd and remove items as they saw fit. They were not the highlight of the evening.

Clay was Clay. Very chatty this time. I seem to be lucky with that. He has been really chatty at all the shows I have been to. I think he feels comfortable in the south. He always says how much it is good to be back here. I’m sure it has many memories attached.

The concert hit a high moment during DSIAFCD. It’s a personal favorite of mine, along with everyone else in the world. It ended way too fast. I love the way that he works the crowd and silently begs for screams. There were few “Hooters” and no “Flashers”. I was impressed with the group as a whole. The concert seemed to progress without a hitch. It was wonderful and I have trouble finding words to describe how it touched my soul, but it did.

This concert had a different feel than the others I have been to. I really love the concert that is flooded with screaming fans, cameras, posters, and GLO-STICKS! This concert was amazing and I hope that he does another like it, but I hope that he doesn’t forget the special (and clack filled) concerts that we all love. This concert atmosphere was perfect for the symphony and for the season. I feel honored that I was able to experience it……. especially with my whole family.

I know this review is different from the ones that you are used to and its not really much review. In fact, it’s just all about my day and my experience. It’s what I have. It may just be that I’m a guy and I don’t get the same feeling about Clay that all you ladies do. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.

My family got “Clayed”

Thanks everyone!
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 03:48:54 PM »

Glen....awesome review....different point of view yes....i loved it....I'm glad you got there on time and in the right seats.....I like the Nazi comparision...but i wish they would just leave us alone....Must be  quite a wonderful feeling to have shared this concert with your whole family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                         debi
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 05:07:42 PM »

Great review doll!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 05:29:31 PM »

That was great Glen!  I'm glad you had such a great time!  

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 06:25:12 PM »

Glen, you got there! That's all that matters!  Laughing
I love your review, and it's especially interesting to hear about the camera/cellphone/glowstick Nazis.  In Raleigh, I was on the aisle (outside aisle dang it) and there were three ushers right beside me the entire time.  Do I look like a clacker?  I think not!  Wink  
And just before the encore, the center aisles filled up with ushers, there was one every six feet or so.  
What did they think we were going to do - storm the stage and throw our panties during Good News?  eek!  I guess they thought the cameras would come out...like if you're going to get thrown out, it's best if it's during the final song!  argh!
Anyway, during our cellcert it sounded like Clay was talking a lot.  Blah blah blah
He loves to talk to an audience.  He needs a talk show.  Only the guest probably couldn't get a word in...Paranoid  Kidding!
So thanks for your review Glen, it must have been a very nice way to spend the day with your family, and hopefully, it will become a family holiday tradition for lots of us since Clay wants to make it an annual event!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 06:49:58 PM »

GREAT REVIEW, GLEN- AND I AM SO GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE SHOW WITH YOUR FAMILY. I TOOK MY SISTER AND SON TO THE FIRST SOLO CONCERT, AND I TOOK MY SON WITH ME TO THE JNT AT MSG. ITS FUN TO SHARE.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 07:40:16 PM »

Thanks Glen..the review was great from a dude's point of view! So glad you made it on time!! And with minutes to spare!!

the Nazi's..Atilla's as I have referred to them are getting RIDICULOUS!!

when they interupt a show people paid a lot of money to see over a GLOW STICK..something has got to give.

You can buy the glowstick there but you can't use it. You can buy a flash camera..but you can't use it. What sense does that make?? Dollars and cents, I guess.

Lora-Ohio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx