gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS  (Read 3436 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: December 19, 2004, 04:39:10 AM »

When I first saw Clay Aiken back on American Idol, my life was the normal dull routine of most middle-aged woman. I had a wonderful family, a fulfilling job and a secure home. I enjoyed sports, dancing and camping. Aside from some old-fashioned dance or waltz tunes, the only music I heard was the ear-damaging tunes that came blasting out of one the kid’s stereo systems. I really wasn’t looking for anything to change my day-to-day routine. I, honestly, have yet to figure out how this young man has made such a drastic change in my former safe routine. What does Clay have that makes such life-changing events happen for so many of us????

I joined a fan website!! Me?, who only had a computer in the house for the purpose of the children’s homework!! Me?, who never even knew such sites existed!! I joined to be able to stay abreast of all the Clay happenings. Why was Clay’s success so important to me that I would do something so out of character??

I have watched every TV show Clay has been on and taped the majority of them. I have bought all of his CDs and numerous magazines with Clay articles. I have bought concert merchandise. I own a DVD player for the first time. I recently bought a new computer. What makes Clay fans spend their time and money so willingly??

I traveled for 12 hours to go to Clay’s Joyful Noise Concert last weekend!! Me? Who hates to travel or leave home!! This is the farthest I have traveled alone in my whole life. I live in a very small town and yet I chose to venture alone through many foreign cities. What type of draw does Clay have that I would travel so far just to see him???

When I sat down to write this story, I wanted to do a review of the concert I attended. As I struggled to put my thoughts in order, I realized that the weekend was so much more than just a single, marvelous concert. But I will start with the special Claying I received. Before the concert, I was able to meet many of the ladies from the website in the lobby area. There were friendly “hellos” and hugs galore. One of these very nice ladies gave my friend and I tickets for seats really close to the stage. How generous is that??!! I will be forever grateful to her. We took our 2 tickets, which were decent seats, and gave them to a mother and teenage daughter in the very last row. I honestly enjoyed being able to Clay-It-Forward. This spirit of Christmas giving warmed my heart. The concert itself went much too fast. I was trying very hard to absorb every detail and ingrain them in my memory, as I don’t get a chance to go to many of these events. The acoustics were great and Clay’s voice was soaring all evening. Clay was very snarky that night and I found myself doing a lot of smiling. Then, when “O Holy Night” started, I found myself with tears running down my face. My friend saved her composure until “Don’t Save it All for Christmas Day”. Then I saw her with her fist on her forehead leaning forward in her seat. Why does Clay’s voice have such a deep effect on us???

I spent the entire weekend with a group of virtual strangers who were my Internet friends from the fan website. I had previously met only a couple of these women at a prior concert. This time I was able to meet many, many more friends and even a few husbands. After the concert, we had an after-party at the home of my hostess for the weekend. We had great food, drink, and pleasant conversations. We laughed until our jaws hurt. We talked about Clay and the concert. We exchanged Christmas gifts. You would have sworn that the group had all known each other for years. Why does the Clay connection make instant and true friends from perfect strangers??

The next day, five of us ladies went shopping in the area and out to eat together. Some of the ladies decided that the MCWL CDs at Walmart needed a little, let’s say, rearranging. When we left Clay’s face was very prominent in the music section there. The workers in that department are still fixing the rows of CDs while shaking their heads. The waiter at the restaurant has certainly been traumatized for life. The man at Dunkin Donuts is still standing on the corner with a blank look on his face. We all sang along with Clay on the car CD player everywhere we went. That evening we watched Clay from his time on American Idol together. This was the first time for all of us to be able to watch this show with other Clay fans. This made the viewing so much more special. We were able to dissect and discuss all of his performances. We were able to “share” the experience as never before. What is it about Clay’s persona that makes sharing him so much fun???

The next day was the “travel home” day for all of us. The occasion was very sad for those of us leaving and those we left behind. There were many tears shed as we said our “good-byes”. I live a long distance from these dear friends of mine, but I was able to take a small piece of each home with me, in my heart. I consider their friendship an honor and a privilege. We do keep in touch, but I miss them dearly. How has Clay forged this bond for us???

I will never be able to answer all of the above questions. Clay seems to be a phenomenon in my life that I don’t clearly understand. I have decided the answers are not needed. I can enjoy the music, friendships, laughter and joy he has brought to me without knowing. I don’t want to put Clay on a pedestal here, because he would not want me to, but I still have to thank him for this most special Christmas gift. He was the common bond for our wonderful weekend and that allowed me to find my own little Miracle of Christmas---the miracle of joy and friendship.
Thank-you Clay.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 07:29:19 AM »

Deanna, that was fabulous!  I often wonder the same things about how Clay has been able to draw us all in and in turn create some awesome and lasting friendships.  I hope he realizes the impact he has had on so many!

Thanks so much for sharing that with us!   Huggles

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 02:12:26 PM »

DEANNA
THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.  I COULD NOT HAVE SAID ANY OF IT BETTER MYSELF.  IT WAS A PLEASURE GETTING TO MEET YOU AND SUSAN AND SEEING EVERYONE ELSE AGAIN THAT I HAD MET BEFORE...THERE IS A BOND THAT IS INDESCRIBABLE AMONG US.  THE CONCERT AS YOU SAID FLEW BY.   I ALSO HAVE NEVER LAUGHED  THAT MUCH IN A LONG TIME... I AM SURE WE WILL GET TOGETHER AGAIN FOR MORE CONCERTS AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.  I JUST HOPE THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT VERY LONG...I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD HANDLE NOT SEEING OUR GUY AND OF COURSE MY FRIENDS....

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 03:01:04 PM »

DEANNA, WHAT A GREAT REVIEW OF THE WEEKEND!- IT TOUCHED MY HEART HOW CLOSE IS THE BOND THAT CLAY HAS FORGED AMONG THE CLAYMANIACS- ITS LIKE COMING HOME WHEN WE HUG EACH OTHER- I FOR ONE WILL NEVER FORGET THE EXPERIENCES THIS YEAR IN MANY DIFFERENT VENUES, AND WITH MANY DIFFERENT FRIENDS.

THANK YOU CLAY FOR GIVING US THIS JOY AS WELL AS THAT OF YOURSELF AND YOUR MAGNIFICENT VOICE.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 06:40:28 PM »

DEANNA,

YOUR REVIEW HAS TOUCHED ME SO.  AS I WAS READING IT I STARTED TO CRY BUT THEY WERE HAPPY TEARS OF THE GREAT TIME THAT WE ALL SHARED IN SUCH A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.  OH YES THIS WAS THE MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS THAT WE ALL HAD TOGETHER.  THE BOND THAT WE HAVE CANNOT BE EXPLAINED SO WHY BOTHER.  IT IS WHAT IT IS.  WE OWE THIS TO A MAN BY THE NAME OF CLAY AIKEN WHO WILL BRING US INTO MORE WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL BONDING IN THE YEARS TO COME.  I JUST KNOW IT.  THINGS LIKE THIS DON'T COME AROUND OFTEN IN THIS LIFETIME SO LETS GRAB AT IT NOW AND ENJOY WHERE IT TAKES US.  THANK YOU DEANNA FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND ALSO TO MY OTHER FRIENDS THAT SHARED THIS HOLIDAY AT MY HOUSE.  YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE FEELINGS I HAVE COME AWAY WITH AND THEY WILL ALWAYS REMAIN WITH ME FOREVER.

HUGS
LORRAINE
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 11:23:17 AM »

Deanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

I was one of the five ladies and I can tell you that Deanna wrote from her heart exactly like it came from mine.  I feel absolutely the same.  My heart was full of love for these girls and for Clay too.  We sang together in a kitchen without even being aware of what was going on outside of the house.  All we were thinking of was Clay's voice and our bonding.  It was a beautiful sight to behold! Well, we did lots more, but we truly were united in song.

I love all of these girls too.  It is truly a sisterhood!  Clay, look what love has done!  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!

I wish you lived closer, Deanna, but we are all just a pm or posting away!
Thank God for that!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 08:34:55 PM »

Deanna, your words are truly from the heart.  I know that feeling, and I am grateful for it as well.  This whole year (two years actually!) has been a great adventure.   Sometimes I too wonder how I ended up in this place in time and then I realize it doesn't matter.  It's just good, so I go with it like I always do.  Wink

That was lovely, thank you for posting it!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 05:37:17 PM »

Deanna -   I just found your post a few minutes ago and read it.   You have said it all.   Your description of your concert experience seems totally familiar, even tho' I wasn't part of your particular experience.  

I got home yesterday from the Chicago concert.   I speak about being together again with "old friends"  -  yet it has been less than one year since I ever laid eyes on any of them.  We stay in touch.   We hug, exchange gifts, promise we'll be together again soon!   Lordy -  I can't explain how I feel about these people!   There is a great variance in our ages, jobs, families, but that has no bearing on our friendship!

Then it is like a wonderful "contagious" condition.  In fact, I knew that Dev and sjlogge had been in N.C. with CT Loves Clay, so I wanted to hear all about her because CT and I have PM'd and talked on the phone and we seem to share almost identical opinions, mostly concerning Clay.   It's like I know Lorraine and Marilyn because they have traveled with CT/Linda and she and Lorraine have been friends for a long time.  And it goes on and on  . . . .

Deanna - back to the Clay Aiken part of all of this.   I never knew how being a fan of his on AI would snowball.  After AI,  whenever I was near a computer with Internet, I would enter Clay Aiken and lots of sites would appear.  I liked the sound of "Claymaniac" and lurked awhile and then I joined the very first website in my life.   Now I download and burn and spend far too much time in front of the computer and too much money on tickets and travel many miles and  - - well Claymaniacs are we!!    

There is no explanation - nor does there have to be, I guess.   It feels good and it is comforting to know that so many other "normal lives" have been taken on this wonderful Clay journey!!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 06:39:48 PM »

Deanna, beautifully written, what a wondrous gift Clay and Claymaniacs have been to all of us!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx