gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 272
Total: 272

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JoJo: Lacka Clacka - Open Letter to Team Clay  (Read 5927 times)
JoJo
« on: December 17, 2004, 01:58:01 PM »

OPEN LETTER TO TEAM CLAY ( AND THE FIRM, AND RCA )
 So few of the legions of fans don't get the opportunity to see Clay in concert, either because it is geographically impossible or because the venues are usually sold out in a matter of minutes. Therefore, the need for CLACK.   It doesn't involve flash so clack takers are not disruptive.
Why do you think there are legions of Clay fans out here? It certainly isn't because we hear him on the radio!  Airlplay is getting a little more frequent but no where near what it should be considering his Christmas CD debuted at #1 on Billboard.  It is not just THE VOICE ( the pipes that STOP TIME, thank you TV Guide!) It is  Clay's exhuberant stage presence which we only get to see on Clack. We get to see the occasional interview and performances on Network TV, and thank you for the Christmas Special although you missed the boat on that one fellas - of course I enjoyed it but it didn't show the vast potential viewing audience the Clay we love - the Clay performing to a live audience and connecting to each and every person.  I was hoping that the Special would at least end with a "blow the roof off" performance of Don't Save it All for Christmas Day but it was all so low-key ( we are NOT used to a "smattering of applause" from a zombie- like group of guests sitting politely around a set- sorry. We are the audience that feels the music from our very souls and rejoice in our applause and appreciation!)
I hope next years Christmas Special is a tape from the Joyful Noise Concert of this year where we were so touched that every emotion came out that we had, cheers, tears, laughs and standing O's -  THAT'S the Clay we know!
So here's a thought. We know every concert has been professionally videotaped. Why not sell them on the Official Clay Aiken Web Store? You can even cut out the middle man that way - what fan wouldn't pay $9.99 each for a variety of tapes of the tours? ALL OF THE TOURS - every show is different and we want to see not only Clay singing his heart out and hitting those impossibly beautiful "Glory Notes" but also we want to see Brianna and the Lady in the wheel chair and Little John and Clay over-whelmed in Wilkes Barre and so many more terrific impromptu touching or hilarious moments.
We do our best as Clay Fans to get the word out and Clay-vert all those we come in contact with but we have so little to work with now (and now even less) I personally got 3 women who had never even HEARD of Clay ( I can't imagine, but there you go!) to come with me to Oakdale and now they're major fans and  on their own mission of Clay-version- it's kind of like a pyramid effect. They were very impressed with the CD but  the Clack of Brianna convinced them of what a very special person Clay is.
So PLEASE, SET OUR CLACKERS FREE - it certainly wouldn't stop us from purchasing a professional tape of the show - it would only serve to increase our appetite (if that's possible!)
Oh, and once again ( because I know I'll be asked, )I am NOT JoJoCT of clack-fame - I only wish I had been to all of the concerts she's attended!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 04:58:36 PM »

BRAVO!! I SECOND THAT- CLAY, WE JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF YOU- AND IF WE CANT COME TO YOU- THE WORD WILL BE SPREAD IF YOU COME TO US-

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 05:17:28 AM »

A STANDING "O" FOR JOJO!  

RCA AND THE FIRM, PLEASE TAKE THIS OPEN REQUEST SERIOUSLY.  WE ARE GOING TO BE IN A SEVERE CLAY DROUT FOR A WHILE.  A RELEASE OF TOUR DVD'S MIGHT HELP US THROUGH THIS.  PLEASE GIVE THE CLAY NATION A VALENTINE'S GIFT.  I DON'T KNOW OF ONE FAN WHO WOULD NOT LEAP AT THE CHANCE TO PURCHASE ONE.  TALK ABOUT GOING PLATINUM IN A WEEK!!!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 06:46:12 AM »

This is what we've all been trying to say - I hope someone in power is listening! Way to go JoJo!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »

Yes, yes, yes, fantastic idea! Let's hope the right people are listening.
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:35:47 PM »

This foreign fan supports Jojo's request wholeheartedly!
Clara from Argentina
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 02:23:51 AM »

JoJo---well said!  

Especially since he'll be taking time off, we will need "food" to sustain us!!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 06:07:42 PM »

JoJo couldn't have said it better.  It's a great idea.  Most of us are very respectful of Clay's wishes.  It's always the few that hurt the majority. I think always of us, in our own way, are clayverting every chance we get.  More clack would help!
nursingme
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004, 07:34:23 PM »

Magnificent idea. I'm going to miss him so much,but maybe I will be able to save a little money for the next tour. I'm definitely willing to buy several DVD's if they have my boyfriend in them. You know what I mean. Hope The Firm and RCA takes this into consideration.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 02:15:39 PM »

JoJo, I applaud you!!! Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Clackforclay
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 04:10:37 PM »

BRAVO JOJO!! I hope you sent the letter to The firm, and to Roger, RCA....it was really what I certainly have been thinking...Good job.
donna
JoJo
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 04:22:20 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words and support - WOW -
I hate to admit how computer "illiterate" I am but I don't know how to transfer LACKA CLACKA to The Firm or RCA - If anyone can do that for me - THANK YOU!
JoJo
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 09:22:59 AM »

Thank You JoJo for putting into words what so many of us feel. I just hope someone can get the message to The FIRM and to Roger and to any others of TPTB. We will buy anything with Clay on it regardless of how much stuff we download so PLEASE, PLEASE put out some professional DVD's for us to buy.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »

I agree JoJo!!   Great job!! Hopefully someone can help get it to them!!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
JoJo
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 08:03:34 PM »

The dishes are in the sink, the presents have been opened, the relatives have gone home.  MERRY CHRISTMAS CLAYMANIACS!
So now, what better time than to "Google" RCA, The Firm, and Clays agent - I sent Lacka Clacka to RCA (hope I got the right place) and found an address and phone # for The Firm ( I'll call Monday to see if I can get an email address from them so I can link this thread).   Can someone send me Rogers full name (Clays agent?) so I can try to find him? I remember seeing it posted here somewhere. THANKS

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED DAY!

JoJo
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx