gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: O Holy Night  (Read 3094 times)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« on: December 15, 2004, 08:58:17 AM »

Ya know, I just can't get over this song.  Clay's voice - OMG!  And the conviction with which he sings it is staggering.  It was such a powerful moment for me.

I can't stop listening to it.  (OCD in action.  LOL)  And it hit this morning, the lyrics are part of the reason the song carries so much meaning for me.

Now, before anybody goes all, "Don't compare him to a diety" on me - let me just say that I know the lyrics are about Christ.  I do not think Clay is a God or Jesus or anything else.  So no need to light your torches and chase me out of town.  LOL

But some of the lyrics describe why Clay is so beloved and popular.  Or, at least, why I think he is.  People who don't really know much about him always ask what the big deal is.  Why do women not only scream, but cry openly before him?

I believe it's because we're so tired of the smut, the violence, the foul language.  We're sick of half-naked teenagers doing the Elvis Pelvis to make a few million bucks.  I think it's because, before Clay came along, many of us were starving for a star with character, a man who likes to wear a suit when he sings and openly opposses smut.  I think it's because of this:

A thrill of hope,
A weary world rejoices.
For yonder breaks
a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees.
Oh, hear the angel voices.

Because the day Clay was born into stardom - and we all witnessed it - it was a modern day miracle.  A human with an angel's voice, and when his character proved to be as extraordinary and sincere as that voice, we rejoiced.

We still do.

We love you, Clay!  Not just for what you sing, but for who you are.

LadyC

Thanks, again, to Melanie from Utah for this beautiful picture.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Claytime
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 09:09:02 AM »

That was wonderful.  Not only do we praise the Lord, but we praise Clay as well for being the beautiful person he is.  OHN is a very powerful song and with Clay singing it with such strength and conviction, well I rejoice even more!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 09:20:42 AM »

LadyC:

I'm sorry but I look at that picture and for the life of me I cannot even construct a coherant sentence to respond to your beautifully written  post.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 09:25:24 AM »

Quote from: lorilovesgolf
LadyC:

I'm sorry but I look at that picture and for the life of me I cannot even construct a coherant sentence to respond to your beautifully written  post.

LOL  Thanks, Lori.  It's partly my fault you can't form a sentence.  After reading my other posts on the Photobook thread, and then this emotional one, you must think I have multiple personalities.

Paranoid

She's on to me!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 09:30:16 AM »

No, I just figured the percocet kicked in!!! ROFLMAO

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 09:31:53 AM »

Quote from: lorilovesgolf
No, I just figured the percocet kicked in!!! ROFLMAO

ROFL!  It has!   :silly2

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 09:39:42 AM »

WELL, SINCE THE PEROCET IS GOING STRONG...

I GUESS, I 'LL THROW MY 2 CENTS..

YES, CLAY'S VOICE IS ANGELIC.. TO ME, CLAY HAS BROUGHT TRUE ROMANCE BACK TO MUSIC...  IT'S RESPECTFUL, FUNNY , LOVING..

HE KNOWS WHAT REAL WOMEN WANT.. IT'S NOTHING ABOUT HOW FAST A MAN CAN THROW A WOMAN IN BED.  IT'S ABOUT BEING ACCEPT AS YOURSELF AND BEING LOVING AS THAT PERSON.. I THINK CLAY PERSONIFIES LOVE EACH TIME HE SINGS..

DID I MAKE ANY SENSE? :hmm
Claytime
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 09:42:11 AM »

Made perfect sense to me, Philly!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 10:58:20 AM »

Lady C

As always    You are right !! And Philly, you make perfectly good sence to me !

That picture  Cry!  Cry!  Cry!   8 more days until I get Clayed again !!!!!!          

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 11:04:42 AM »

Couldn't agree more, Philly.  The man knows what romance is.  True romance that has nothing to do with sex.  Like the way he looked at Quianna while they sang together on ACAC.  It was like he could see her, see how beautiuful she is as a person, and how pretty she looked that night while she sang.

(Wasn't she gorgeous?)

Now that is romantic!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 12:02:12 PM »

I love the song, but the end KILLS me. He took a breath right in the middle of "divine." To a singing snot such as myself, that's a definite no-no...but the song itself is awesome, and Clay sings it so well. I never much cared for the song above any other holiday songs, but it stands out now. It's pretty sweet.

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 12:06:16 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME CRY.  HOW TRUE WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE SAID.  I CANNOT ADD ANYMORE TO THAT.  I CAN'T GET THAT MAN OUT OF MY MIND NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE.  HE HAS STOLEN OUR HEARTS FOREVER.  WHATEVER LUCKY WOMAN GETS CLAY AND I HOPE IT IS NOT ANYTIME SOON SHE IS ONE VERY LUCKY PERSON.

LORRAINE  
claysjoy
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 12:15:27 PM »

Quote from: lorraine
YOU GUYS ARE MAKING ME CRY.  HOW TRUE WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE SAID.  I CANNOT ADD ANYMORE TO THAT.  I CAN'T GET THAT MAN OUT OF MY MIND NOT EVEN FOR A MINUTE.  HE HAS STOLEN OUR HEARTS FOREVER.  WHATEVER LUCKY WOMAN GETS CLAY AND I HOPE IT IS NOT ANYTIME SOON SHE IS ONE VERY LUCKY PERSON.

LORRAINE  

I am having a bit of a problem thinking of other things myself!  He occupies the very small brain I have.

I think that picture is amazing, it is like he is open and welcoming us, and we gladly come, and then we stay.

Philly you make perfect sense, he does love with every song, that is why he is so powerful.  It isn't the kind of love we have been used to, it isn't rushing, demanding, rude, suggestive, it is only giving and warm, true love.  We have been beaten down by all aspects of media, we have come to expect poor treatment, and when Clay is kind to us, it makes us crazy!  WE get to fill in our own blanks and not be told what to feel.  He is very refreshing.
claypots
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 12:19:12 PM »

You guys are making me cry!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 02:43:13 PM »

Aren't we all so very glad this man came into our lives to give us such joy!!!!  When I look at that picture Kris, I see something so beautiful, a heart and soul so giving, truly an exceptional man!!! I love him so!!!  I know when I see him in Detroit I'll just lose it, but tears of utter joy, witnessing the wonder of Clay!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 04:06:05 PM »

I love O Holy Night! Kris, you hit it head on. I love that pic, too. I put it up in my office last week. (Talk about a gorgeous distraction!!!!)

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx