gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 461
Total: 461

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I performed with Clay!!  (Read 2874 times)
BroadwayBabe722
« on: December 10, 2004, 03:25:53 PM »

Yes i did...me and 25 other members of my choir!! We performed with him at the Joyful Tour Concert at Madison Square Garden concert, please please, anyone that has any pictures from the concert, could they send them to me at BroadwayBabe0722@yahoo.com please please send them to me. I'm sure you fellow Clay Aiken fans must know how it feels if you performed with Clay and didnt have any pictures of the concert for your memory :-(
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 03:36:22 PM »

CONGRATS

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:37:06 PM »

Ain't you so lucky?! Congratulations!!

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
BroadwayBabe722
thx
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »

Thanks!!
clayfan4lyf88
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:09:56 PM »

wow thats great so happy for you
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 06:51:21 PM »

Don't have any pics, sorry.  But congrats!!!  What a cool opportunity.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

BroadwayBabe722
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 11:25:47 PM »

Thats okay that you dont have any pictures, it WAS told not to use flash photography in the begining of the performance, however, since i did notice plenty of flash photography used, i figured i'd ask. Thanks though!! Yeah it was def the most amazing expierence of my life!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 05:42:16 AM »

Quote from: BroadwayBabe722
Thats okay that you dont have any pictures, it WAS told not to use flash photography in the begining of the performance, however, since i did notice plenty of flash photography used, i figured i'd ask. Thanks though!! Yeah it was def the most amazing expierence of my life!!

Please tell us all about it !
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 09:12:16 AM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
Quote from: BroadwayBabe722

Please tell us all about it !

Yes, please do tell.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2004, 11:42:16 AM »

Congratulations, what a thrill of a lifetime for you!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
BroadwayBabe722
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 12:31:45 PM »

Ok, since i got a few posts saying "tell how it happened" i'll tell ya!! I'd be more than happy to lol!

Ok, well my choir for one got picked because my old principal (who is principal of the elementary school), his wife had connections and stuff with clay aiken managers. So when they heard that they needed a school to represent NY for his concert, she told them about our High School Choir (North Babylon), and her husband's elementary chorus. They accepted us and my choir teacher picked 26 out of 97 students in our class to go. I was forutantly one of them. So we practiced and theres the background story.

Now the story i really came to tell, was that day. We got to the MSG theater at like 11AM. The first thing we did was go into our choir hallway "getting ready" room where we practiced our songs and choreography with some of Clay's backup singers. After, they brought us out to the stage where we were scheduled to have a run through with just the band, choir, and backup singers. Me and about 9 other teens were chosen to walk down the isle singing for the intro song, onto the stage. While we were waiting to practice my friend Cara thoguht she saw Clay on stage. It was kinda hard to tell from where we were, but once he started singing we knew it was him and we of course freaked out. Then we did our song, i got to walk by him and i brushed shoulders with him (lol). It was funny cause when he wasnt singing and we were, he'd come up to us and he'd be like "smile guys smile...i know you're all not happy to be here but pretend you are." Then he sang his song and we were behind the curtains. Then at one point he like popped out from the curtains and he goes "what are they beating you backstage or something?? You gotta smile!!! I know i can't be THAT ugly that you have to frown everytime you see me." lmao, he was soooo funny we just cracked up laughing. Then after he left and we practiced the rest of the songs without him. Then we went back, ate dinnner (catered by McDonalds woohoo lol). Then we got ready for the show. Now the stage manager guy was taking the ten of us who were walking down the isle, he got to the doors and realized he forgot something. So we went back to the "choir room" and then clay came up to us all and wished us lots of luck, and told us to remember to smile, smile, smile lol!!! Then we wished him luck and he went on the stage 2 get ready.

Then we went in the isles to get ready. While we were walking toward the isle some ppl knew who we were (i heard some comments like "thats the chorus singing with him" and "omg you guys are soo lucky say hi to clay for me" etc) lol! Then the show started, it was amazing, i mean we really only saw Clay perform the intro song in the first half, cause then we had to go back to the dressing rooms. But we were there watching (and performing part of) the second half with Clay. It was an amazing turn out of people and Clay put so much energy with the concert. The other two girls who performed, one who's name was Angela, did an EXCELENT job too and she was so nice to us as well.

After the concert was over and we went backstage and got out of the red robes they has us wear for the 2nd half and then met in the catering room with clay. There was only time for him to meet with us and the kids and take a couple group pictures. He had a smiling contest with the kids and whoever smiled the most got a prize, the prize was they got to take a picture with clay. A little girl won it and her eyes beamed up when she took the picture. It was so cute. Then Clay thanked us all for being there and said he wished he could stay longer but he had a concert the next day so he had to leave.

All i can say is that had to be the most memorable expierence of my life and it was completely awesome. Clay was as nice as i imagined him to be. And i'm sure many of you heard about the philidelphia concert, clay was nothing like that with us. Perhaps that day he was having a bad day, or maybe the students werent being attentive and were being chatty when they shouldn't have been. Who knows, but Clay was a sweetheart to each of us teenagers, and ESPECIALLY to the children. It was a great day.

Love, Nakita
mallen1683
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 05:15:39 PM »

How exciting that must have been! Congratulations on performing with Clay!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 05:22:52 PM »

Nakita, thank you so much for telling us your story! You are one lucky girl!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 12:39:01 PM »

Nakita,

What a fabulous experience for you and your choir.  I know you will never forget it.  

Thanks so much for sharing the details with us.  You gave a great account.

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
cassms
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 01:33:43 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story, Nakita--that was the experience of a lifetime!  What a thrill it must have been not only being close to Clay but being able to contribute to making his Joyful Noise Tour a wonderful concert.  Good job!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx