gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:52:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 292
Total: 292

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 24  (Read 9477 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2004, 05:44:05 AM »

Morning y'all!

Kathy Griffin was on Leno last night.  Here's a couple of recaps of what she said about Clay.

Quote from: Pink Armchair

Kathy Griffin describing her AMA experience with Clay right now...talking about dealing with his team ("Team Clay"), saying she had to run her bit by him and his people, who are protective of him, said she "likes to make fun of him but is a fan of him." "Obsessed with him." Showed their "wedding picture." Said he was very sweet. Made a few comments about Claymates.

Quote from: chestnutdreams

Kathy also said when she ran the skit by Clay he was telling her what 'beats' he likes and that it was ridiculous. She said he was really sweet and she seemed totally sincere. My question is what did she mean by beats?

She also said "I presented with Clay Aiken who I like to make fun of and yet I'm a fan of, like I'm obsessed with him, but I also think he's kind of funny. He's very protected for obvious reasons and he's very, very sweet."

I also thought it was hysterical the way she described Team Clay as having to "protect him like Tyson...like he's a loose cannon where anything could happen! Protect Clay!"

Today is like Friday!  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  It's my fave holiday.
Why?  Because you don't have to actually do anything except wake up.

Have a great day everyone!

PS-I got your back on the horoscrope Susy!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2004, 05:45:20 AM »

Quote from: ChrisieD

Does this mean that he won't be a the Rockafellar( SP?) Square for the lighting of the tree ? Or is this one taped ? Us Claynadians are getting together for his b-day and to watch this special !
Does anyone know ??????

That is a great question!  His website (www.clayaiken.com) has both performances listed under appearances so maybe it is taped. I would think that he would have announced that cancellation if it were not and I believe that he wouldn't cancel another appearance if he didnt have to.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 05:45:27 AM »

Stories for Heroes Special Holiday Offer

NEW YORK, Nov. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- The Arthur Celebrity Audiobook, featuring Clay Aiken, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden, Kelly Ripa and more of today's hottest stars, is now available in a special Holiday offer to benefit several children's charities. For every Audiobook purchased, an additional copy will be donated directly to the USO, Toys for Tots, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital or the Polar Express Reading Challenge.

This offer is available through Dec. 31 at http://www.storiesforheroes.com/donation ($14.99).

Seventy percent of the net proceeds from the sale of each Audiobook will continue to benefit the three original Stories for Heroes charities: The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and the National Education Association -- Health Information Network.

Individuals or groups can also donate the Audiobook directly to the charity of their choice for a discounted price of $10.00. The special Holiday offer gives everyone a chance to enjoy the critically-acclaimed Arthur Celebrity Audiobook as well as place a wonderful gift in the hands of deserving children everywhere.

YAHOO
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 05:48:53 AM »

According to TIVO,  Clay will be on Access Hollywood on Friday,
11-26-04 (check local listings).  Don't blink or you're sure to miss it!
caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 05:57:48 AM »

Idol Ruben Studdard Hospitalized

Tuesday Nov 23, 2004 4:00pm EST
By Marla Lehner
CREDIT: DEBRA L ROTHENBERG/FILMMAGIC

On the eve of his album release, American Idol champ Ruben Studdard was admitted to a Birmingham, Ala., hospital on Monday for exhaustion, a rep for his record label tells PEOPLE.

The singing sensation, 26, will likely remain in the hospital through the end of the week.

Studdard's gospel album, I Need an Angel hit stores on Tuesday. But all promotional appearances for the new disc have been cancelled, along with his concert dates in Atlantic City on Nov. 26 and 27, which will be rescheduled.

Studdard, who beat out Clay Aiken to become the second American Idol winner, told PEOPLE earlier this month that he had decided to ditch a diet that he had planned to chronicle for TV's "Extra."

The 449-lb star, who had lost about 12 lbs., initially chose to follow a low-carb, low-cal, medically supervised meal plan and display the results on the show. But "I didn't have time to go in every day to meet with a nurse like the diet required," Studdard said.

At the time, he said he was going to try a home-delivery meal plan instead and work out three times a week with a fitness trainer.

Idol runner-up Aiken also recently cancelled the first three dates of his Joyful Noise holiday tour due to illness. His tour, which was supposed to kick off Nov. 21, is now scheduled to begin Nov. 26.

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
LJB
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 06:06:09 AM »

Aiken, who will headline his own TV special, NBC's A Clay Aiken Christmas, airing Dec. 8, is expected to recuperate in time for a show Friday in Los Angeles.

Does anyone know if they mean this Friday? If so, what show?  I'm leaving for LA today and want to see Clay!!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 06:23:10 AM »

I TOO AM ANXIOUS TO FIND OUT IF CLAY IS GOING TO BE AT ROCKEFELLER CENTER- I WONT BE GOING PERSONALLY BUT I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH.
THE CEREMONY ITSELF I THINK IS LIVE- BECAUSE THEY HAVENT LIT THE TREE YET. MAYBE CLAY'S SEGMENT IS TAPED??

IF ANYONE FINDS OUT, PLEASE CLUE ME IN!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 06:25:32 AM »

We will miss you!!

Thank you...I'll miss everyone here too!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 06:42:17 AM »

Track Listing:

1. Clay Aiken - Have Yourself A Merry Christmas
2. Barry Manilow - Happy Holiday/White Christmas
3. Clay Aiken - Christmas Waltz
4. Yolanda Adams - O, Holy Night
5. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love
6. Clay Aiken, Barry Manilow and Yolanda Adams - Santa Claus is Coming To Town
7. Clay Aiken and Quiana Parler - Silver Bells
8. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know
9. Clay Aiken, Barry Manilow and Yolanda Adams - Because It's Christmas (For All the Children)
10. Behind-The-Scenes Footage

AARRRGGH. "O Holy Night" is the one I really cared about seeing him sing and having it on DVD to watch over and over again. AAARRRGGGH.

But, on a good note, the duet with Quiana will be a definite bonus! Yay!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 06:59:53 AM »

Quote from: ChrisieD
[quotQuote:
What's going on and what you need to know
November 23, 2004

Concert update

RESCHEDULED

Clay Aiken: Nov. 30. East County Performing Arts Center, 210 E. Main St., El Cajon. Sold out. (619) 440-2277.  

e]

Does this mean that he won't be a the Rockafellar( SP?) Square for the lighting of the tree ? Or is this one taped ? Us Claynadians are getting together for his b-day and to watch this special !
Does anyone know ??????

I believe that those concerts that were canceled were rescheduled for between Christmas and New Years so that date published is apparently incorrect.  Have a great Clay Birthday party an be sure and post the pictures.

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 07:10:59 AM »

I AM CONFUSED.  ON THE REVISED SCHEDULE IT SHOWS HIS NEXT CONCERT ON 11/26 AT COSTA MESA, CA AND THEN 11/27 AT SAN JOSE, CA.  HAVE THOSE BEEN RESCHEDULED?  THANKS

LORRAINE
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 07:43:19 AM »

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT EL CAJON WAS RESCHEDULED FOR

DECEMBER 30  

NOT NOVEMBER 30 AS THE POST STATES? I THINK I READ THAT THE RESCHEDULES WERE ALL FOR AFTER CHRISTMAS. IT WOULD BE KIND OF DIFFICULT FOR EVERYONE TO MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS THIS QUICKLY.

AND LORRAINE, I DO NOT KNOW A LOT, BUT I THINK THAT IF CLAYS DOCTOR CLEARS HIM, THE NOVEMBER 26 AND 27 CONCERTS WILL GO ON AS PLANNED

CAN ANYONE ELSE ENLIGHTEN US?

LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 07:49:15 AM »

Prissy is going to the rescheduled Phoenix concert and it is after Christmas.  All three of the canceled concerts were rescheduled after Christmas.  

What worries me the most is the flying to New York for the tree lighting.   That could damage him more than the singing if he is not completely well.

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 08:02:18 AM »

What worries me the most is the flying to New York for the tree lighting. That could damage him more than the singing if he is not completely well.

THAT THOUGHT HAD CROSSED MY MIND ALSO- LETS SAY SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR CLAY IN THIS MATTER

houstonclayfan
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 08:04:28 AM »

Quote from: Marilyn
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT EL CAJON WAS RESCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 30  NOT NOVEMBER 30 AS THE POST STATES? I THINK I READ THAT THE RESCHEDULES WERE ALL FOR AFTER CHRISTMAS.

You are correct, Carol and Marilyn. His website does say DECEMBER 30th. I guess it was just too early for me. Sorry!  So it appears as though he will still do the Nov 30th Rockefeller Center performance, which is listed on his website. Sorry for the confusion - I must think before I post!

LJB, Clay is going to be performing in Cosa Mesa on friday, wherever that is.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 08:09:22 AM »

I live in NJ and early last week there was a local special on TV for the actual tree ligthing ceremony. I think that the NBC Christmas Special was taped after the tree lighting last week.
liney23
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 08:26:47 AM »

Houston, Costa Mesa is about 50 miles south of LA in OC (Orange County).  We have a wowser of a Performing Arts Complex here with a gorgeous symphonic hall.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 08:42:49 AM »

Quote from: liney23
Houston, Costa Mesa is about 50 miles south of LA in OC (Orange County).  We have a wowser of a Performing Arts Complex here with a gorgeous symphonic hall.

Thanks, Liney!  Have a great time!  I was just trying to help LJB out.

LJB:
Does anyone know if they mean this Friday? If so, what show? I'm leaving for LA today and want to see Clay!!!!

Maybe you can go, Lisa!
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2004, 08:43:36 AM »

From Billboard Chart Alert

American Idol" finalist Clay Aiken decks the halls, as his second album sets a Nielsen SoundScan record for holiday albums. "Merry Christmas With Love" moves 270,000 copies as it debuts at No. 4; that sales sum is the biggest opener for any Christmas title since Nielsen SoundScan hung out its shingle in 1991. The previous record was held by no less a figure than Garth Brooks, whose second holiday album, "The Magic of Christmas," rang 185,000 when it entered the big chart at No. 13 in 1999. Aiken's start, at No. 4, ties Celine Dion's 1998 title, "These Are Special Times," for the highest bow by a Christmas album in the history of The Billboard 200 ... Meanwhile, in its sixth chart week, Mannheim Steamroller's latest seasonal offering, "Christmas Celebration," rises 57-19 as its sales almost triple. It becomes the third Mannheim album to reach the top 20, and all three of those have been Christmas titles. In 1995, "Christmas In the Aire" peaked at No. 3, while "Christmas Extraordinaire" reached No. 5 in 2001. Since 1984, seven of the 17 titles it has placed on The Billbaord 200 have been holiday albums.

The Billboard 200

Sales data provided and compiled from Nielsen SoundScan
*1 1 EMINEM Encore (Shady / Aftermath / Interscope) *11 10 GEORGE STRAIT 50 Number Ones (MCA Nashville / UMGN)
*2 19 DESTINY'S CHILD Destiny Fulfilled (Columbia / Sony Music) 12 4 BRITNEY SPEARS Britney Spears Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (Jive / Zomba)
*3 31 LIL JON & THE EAST SIDE BOYZ Crunk Juice (BME / TVT) 13 9 NELLY Suit (Derrty / Fo' Reel / UMRG)
*4 New CLAY AIKEN Merry Christmas With Love (RCA / RMG) 14 11 ROD STEWART Stardust... The Great American Songbook Vol. III (J / RMG)
5 2 SHANIA TWAIN Greatest Hits (Mercury / UMGN) *15 15 RAY CHARLES Genius Loves Company (Hear / Concord)
*6 New SNOOP DOGG R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece (Doggystyle / Geffen / Interscope) *16 New PEARL JAM rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003 (Epic / Sony Music)
7 3 TOBY KEITH Greatest Hits 2 (DreamWorks (Nashville) / UMGN) 17 13 GRETCHEN WILSON Here For The Party (Epic (Nashville) / Sony Music)
8 5 VARIOUS ARTISTS Now 17 (EMI / Universal / Sony BMG / Zomba / Capitol) 18 14 RAY CHARLES Ray (Soundtrack) (WMG Soundtracks / Atlantic / Rhino)
*9 8 USHER Confessions (LaFace / Zomba) *19 57 MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER Christmas Celebration (American Gramaphone )
*10 172 CHINGY Powerballin' (Capitol ) 20 7 JA RULE R.U.L.E. (The Inc. / Def Jam / IDJMG)
* indicates titles with greatest sales gains this week

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2004, 08:48:58 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/WolfFiles/story?id=236498&page=1

Balloonatics Prepare for Thanksgiving Parade

Nov. 23, 2004 — Talk about getting a swollen head: When it comes to consuming helium, Macy's is second only to the federal government, and it's all on account of Big Bird, Garfield and other balloon stars.

Marching bands from all over the country, floats celebrating everything from Barbie to the Weebles, not to mention stars such as Hilary Duff and American Idols Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken, will be joining in on the fun.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx