gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 393
Total: 393

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE DISCUSSION  (Read 12757 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 17, 2004, 07:15:53 PM »

Post your thoughts and reviews of MCWL here.   What's your favorite song?  As if you can just choose one....HA!  

Thank you Clay, for Merry Christmas With Love.
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:24:52 PM »

It is VERY difficult picking a favorite on this one!

O Holy Night has always been one of my favorite Christmas songs, and Clay does an AWESOME job on this one.

I love the ending of O Come All Ye Faithful...Is there a word for the way Clay sings at the end??....If not, we have to come up with something to call it....it is was makes him sound so unique from everyone else.

I still love Mary Did You Know...his voice sounds SO pure in that one.

Alright, if I don't stop now, I will go on and on about every song.

I LOVE THIS CD!!!  I actually drove to work crying like a baby listening to it....oh how he pulls at those heartstrings!!

Cindy

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
mallen1683
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 07:39:44 PM »

I would have to say my absolute favorite song on the CD is Mary Did You Know....following at a close second is O Holy Night! The whole CD is awesome though. I brought it to church tonight and let my 8th graders listen to it while they did their lesson and they loved it too!!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 07:39:52 PM »

This afternoon, I listened to MCWL  for the first time, no distractions;  I was in my den in a recliner on a rainy day.
Absolutely fabulous!  Every song just perfect!  I am always amazed at how Clay is so versatile and can sing all types of songs.

He makes Christmas Hymns that we've heard for years sound brand new (like he did with THE FIRST NOEL last year.)

I've commented in another post that "Sleigh Ride" is also played by orchestras a lot at Christmas and it has a peppy, difficult melody.
 Clay sang it as effortlessly as if it were a ballad.

I want to comment, too, on the accompaniments and orchestrations.  They are lovely and fit each song.
 (May I say that I think they are better than the accompaniments in MOAM!!)

I've only listened once, and will not yet choose a favorite.  I will put a CD in my car, also, and, perhaps, one will emerge as a favorite.  

Besides the usual ads, the CD and his book were both advertised in a Christian  Book Store catalogue I got today.  

I will be curious to read reviews, but in the long run, I don't care what anyone says.  I love this album, and I hope it flies of the shelves!!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 08:29:42 PM »

I listened to MCWL yesterday at work.  I had to go out and get it on my lunch break!  OK, I was supposed to be working but instead I put my headphones on and had a file in front of me but I pretty much just let the music and his glorious voice wash over me!

I am not one that usually notices let alone comments on the accompaniment, but I thought that it was done very well.  I really did love every song.  On my first listen, the two songs that stood out in my mind were Don't Save It All For Christmas Day and Merry Christmas With Love!  The only time I had ever heard DSIAFCD is when Clay sang it on AI Christmas, so I had never heard the other verse with "A hug is warmer when your in it!"  I almost laughed out loud!  You can hear the smile on his face when he sings that!  

O Holy Night has always been my favorite Christmas song, but Merry Christmas With Love is my favorite on this album.  I had also never heard this song.  I almost cried when I heard it.  If I remember correctly, and maybe I don't, I think this was going to be one that will be released for radio play.  I think it would be a great choice!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
nduarte
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 08:53:55 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I got Clays Christmas CD....and I am Loving it. The lady that works for Walmart when I asked where is Clay's Christmas CD, She said "Oh My God everybody is looking for this"

Once again Clay has proven himself to have a very rich voice. It is so wonderful, I am so glad that Clay has gone a long way and to think he has only been in the industry for a short period of time....
I wish him all the best....Anyway, I love all the songs in his new CD since my favorite time of the year is Christmas....Clay just made it more complete....However, My favorite is Don't Save It All Christmas Day and of course the Merry Christmas with Love...Clay just takes my breath away everytime I hear him....

Merry Christmas to all

Love,
Nonnette
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

I love O Holy Night!! It is my favorite Christmas song. All the songs on the CD are great, but I have to agree with Cindy on O Come All Ye Faithful. The way he sings at the end makes me feel all warm inside!  

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Claywatcher
Claynewbie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

Hi I just received my CD today from Amazon.  I listened only once.  I haven't picked a favorite yet, but I can tell you this, I cried like a baby.
I am not the crying type, but something about the music just got to me today.  I have been going through a rough time in the last few months and the record just broke my heart.
I love it so much!

Claywatcher

**AND I COULD JUST WATCH YOU IN YOUR ROOM!

CLAYWATCHER
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 10:03:37 PM »

I've been listening to MCWL since the moment I bought it.  I listen to numbers 9-12 the most.  I love Merry Christmas with Love and DSIAFCD.  I love all the other songs almost just as much, but I like hearing new Christmas Carols too!!!

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
ClayBuf
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 12:30:58 AM »

I put the CD in the player in the van before I even got out of the parking lot. I took a long way home so that I could listen in the quiet of the drive.

As I was listening to the very first song, "O Holy Night", Clay's voice just completely enveloped me, and tears began to run down my cheeks. I was so moved by the beauty in his voice. I was completely caught off guard. The tears stopped when I realized how taken aback I was at my reaction, but seconds later I was lost in that voice once again.

I think my favorite is "Mary Did You Know" because his vocal is so absolutely pure in this song. But, I love each of the rest of them about the same. My least favorite is "The Christmas Song" but has nothing to do with the way Clay sings it. He sings it very well - I just don't like the arrangement. There are a few subtle changes in the melody on a couple of songs, and his phrasing in a few of the "standards" is interesting. He just does a fantastic job on this album. I am so impressed. Bless his heart.

After I listened to the whole album for the first time, the first thing that came to mind was AT LAST, an album where Clay's voice is the star of the work. The production on this album is excellent. (there's a reason that Phil Ramone is a legend.....) Clay's vocals are right where they should be - on top of the music and everything behind his voice well balanced and not overdone.

My hubby listened to the album with me while we were fixing dinner tonight, and he was really impressed with Clay's voice. He made the comment that he has gotten better. I think he has too, but I mostly think that the production made his voice stand out and rise to the top of each song. (Can you imagine how much better of an album MOAM could have been if that had been the case on it?)

I can only hope that whoever produces Clay's next pop album gets it. Whoever it is, I hope they take a long hard listen to MCWL and come to the conclusion that this is the only way to record Clay Aiken.

Merry Christmas With Love, to you too, Clay..... and thank you for this special gift.

~Buffi
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 05:55:17 AM »

i bought MCWL and let me tell you...this is such an awesome cd. The coolthing is in choir we are singing "O Holy Night," and last year we sang ":Sleigh Bells" and in CHarlies Browns CHristmas we sang "Hark the HEraldAngels Sing" and this year we have a medly of songs with ":O Come all ye Faithful and HAve yourself a merry little christmas in it" and we had the songs b4 clay's cd came out...ITS CLAYZY.

But yes i love this cd and so does mymomlol. My favorite song is "Mary did you know" i think i've sang that in church b4 b/c it sounds really familiar and clay sounds terrific...i think that was mychoir directors favorite song on there too. i can't wait to get home today and listen to it :)
clayafan4life
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 11:58:09 AM »

Hey guys! I didn't hear the whole CD but I love "Don't Save It 4 Christmas Day" ever since he sang it on the AI Christmas Speical and I've loved it ever since!

Rachel
forever_clay
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

Time for my thoughts...

The whole album in general is great. Sarah and I listened to it going to and coming back from the release party. I love it because i need background music. To everything. I seriously think that god forgot i wasnt in a movie and that having a soundtrack to every part of my day doesnt always work. I mention that because thats what i love about MCWL because i had it playing the entire time i read the book, the entire time i fell asleep, while i got ready for the day...and so on. Its such wonderful music to have constantly playing. And who doesnt love christmas music??

Now, individual songs do of course stick out. MCWL is always a beautiful song, regaurdless of who sings it, but his voice resinates...its amazing.

DSIAFCD is growing on me. I really didnt like the song all THAT much, but now i like it quite a bit.

But my vote for favorite most definatly goes to Mary Did You Know. It is a BEAUTIFUL song with a HUGE message and it fills me with the true spirit of christmas more than the rest on that album.

before i go on about every song, i must leave!

all in all, i give it an A+ !!!!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 02:10:08 PM »

I just listened to the album today...at work...for the first time.  It is truly a professional production and you can hear the qualitiy throughout.  Mary Did You Know is probably my favorite, as it is with many others.

I do know that I'm going out and buying a bunch of these for Christmas presents.  Clay's Christmas album is the first one I have bought in a very long time.  Also, I just had to express that I am really thankful for this site and all the nice people that are here.  There are so many who I feel are friends that I just haven't met yet!!   Happy day everyone.

Debbie
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »

I bugged my friend (who doesn't dislike Clay as much as she claims) to get me MCWL during her lunch (I have first period lunch and Future Shop wasn't open yet. And I couldn't wait until after school).  So I was able to get MCWL by chemistry class! I was so giddy that period. And ofcourse, I kept getting made fun of (in a loving way), but I was too happy to finally have MCWL in my hands!

Does it bother anyone else that both the back of the cd AND the inside cover don't have the songs properly listed? Or is it just me and my insane sense of order?

Immediate favourites (in order of favourites):
MCWL- You know when you hear the first few notes of a song and you know right away that you're in love with the song before actually hearing all of it? Well, this was one of those for me. It's just a beautiful song. And beautiful songs and Clay go together like mac 'n cheese (ok so my simile skills suck).

Sleigh Ride- So much fun! Once this song comes on, I can't help but bounce along. It's like a hypnotic thing where I suddenly drop everything I'm doing and sing and dance along. Especially at this line: "We're gliding along with the song of a wintery fairy land. Our cheeks are nice and rosey and comfy and cosy are we." Does anyone else instinctively bop their head up and down as Clay sings high and low? No?

MDYK- the first thing that struck to me was that this version was different. I spent more time trying to figure out what was different than actually listening to the new version. I listened to the old version again and I still can't figure out what is different in the background. I noticed the snapping effects are gone, but I think more was changed, I just can't figure out what.  Anyway, I think I like the album version better.

DSIAFCD- I love this song (I know, I know, that's why its on my 'favorites' list). The song itself is beautiful and the message in it really makes me think about things. I mean, why should we wait until Christmas to do all the giving to the less forunate?

Immediate not-so-favourites (in order of not-so-favourites):
Joy to the World- I absolutely LOVE the Dinsey version of this song. The ablum version, not so much.  The Disney version was so much fun, and I loved the arrangements and everything. I guess I found the album version a little boring compared to Disney.

Silent Night- Clay sounds wonderful, but the song is kinda boring to me. Never really liked it. That's all.

WAYDNYE- I think I'm missing something here. A lot of fans and reveiwers love this song, but I just don't see it. I dont' know why and I wish I did. I mean, it's a nice song and Clay sounds great, but I don't see why its outstanding to so many others. *sigh* I'm sure I"ll learn to love it. Maybe then I will see.

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
houstonclayfan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

WAYDNYE - I think I'm missing something here. A lot of fans and reveiwers love this song, but I just don't see it. I dont' know why and I wish I did. I mean, it's a nice song and Clay sounds great, but I don't see why its outstanding to so many others. *sigh* I'm sure I"ll learn to love it. Maybe then I will see.

I agree with you, Tiff .  I am not terribly fond of it either.

DSIAFCD is my favorite. I love the verses not included in the Christmas special. I could listen to him say "Baby" over and over...  And I have.

I wonder if people look at me strange since I have Christmas music blaring in my car before Thanksgiving. I have never played holiday music this early before.
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 06:24:32 PM »

Funny how different our tastes are - which is fine of course!!  I think WAYDNYE is absolutely beautiful! I never heard this song before and it would make a great song for 2 people to dance to.  I love it!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Cougar04
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 09:00:50 PM »

My favorite has got to be DSIAFCD.  I love his voice and the long notes he holds and the message is also really inspiring.  I also really like Mary Did you know.  O, Holy Night would also have to rank high at the list.  I agree that WAYDNYE would have to be my least favorite on the whole album.
claylady
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 09:11:56 PM »

I have been listening to MCWL nonstop since I bought it.  It's really a gorgeous CD.  Everything about it is so professionally done.   The orchestra, choir background, and of course Clay's voice is magnificient.
Every song on it is beautiful.  My favorite is MCWL.  I have never heard it before and I just love it.  It makes me cry every time I listen to it.  I'm also very very fond of Mary Did You Know, O Holy Night and DSIAFCD.  What an absolutely amazing job everyone did on this CD especially Clay.  I really am thrilled by this CD and I can't listen to it enough.  AMAZING!!!!
heartbraiken4clay
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2004, 12:15:52 AM »

Picking just one favorite is 100% impossible!!!!
My first place pick is a 3 way tie (I know, I know, I can't help myself) between DSIAFCD, MDYK, and MCWL.  
Second place is another three way tie between OHN, OCAYF/HTHAS, and SR.  
OK so that's six already and so I don't go on forever, I'd have to say the other 6 all come in at third.  

Way to go Clay,    
Merry Christmas 'With Love' to you too  
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx