gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:03:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE REVIEWS  (Read 30264 times)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 06:47:52 AM »

Wow...great review and oh, so true!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 09:24:30 AM »

MUSIC NEWS MAG review of MCWL
 http://www.musicnewsmagazine.net/reviews2.html

Artist :   Clay Aiken  

Album: Merry Christmas with Love  

Label:    RCA  

Year Released:  2004  

Writer: Mary Ann Everett  

Clay Aiken, like his sound or not, you must admit he is making his mark on the music industry. His second album, " Merry Christmas with Love," available November 16th, should certainly continue his trend of sales success and endear him even further to his legions of loyal fans. I strongly suspect those who haven't given Clay Aiken a second thought in the past year will be snapped to attention when they have the pleasure of hearing this magnificent compliation of holiday classics. Mixed with a few newer tunes, these classics showcase a tenor voice that is rivaled by a very few.

"Merry Christmas with Love," is greatly enhanced by the talent of various accompanying choirs, vocalists and musicians rather than overpowered by them. At times, it is almost as if Clay is singing acappella.

"O Holy Night," and "Silent Night," are truly timless pieces which are perfect for Clay's tenor voice. He seems to effortlessly reach the high notes and lulls you into the Christmas spirit with the low notes. "O Holy Night," builds beautifully and is enhanced in the last minute by background vocals from Jacob, Quiana and Angela. In "Silent Night," the background vocals provided by the Broadway Inspirational Voices blend quite well with Clay's voice to produce a soothing rendition of this reverent classic.

"Hark The Herald," and "O Come All Ye Faithful Melody," reminds me of Christmas Eve church services. Clay's voice soars at points and flows flawlessly from one song to the other.With the piano accompaniment and backup vocals being quite subtle, the power and quality of his voice fills your heart to overflowing.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "The Christmas Song," and "Winter Wonderland," are classic tunes that have not been revamped for the new millennium. The piano accompaniment in all three is perfectly subtle, allowing Clay to earnestly wish you a Merry Christmas and paint a beautifully wintery scene in your mind.

"Mary Did You Know," is a long time favorite of mine and Clay's version certainly will not disappoint the listener. His voice is so smooth, you want to close your eyes and picture Mary holding her percious baby. The Finger Snaps Orchestra and background vocals add to the drama of the song.

"Joy to the World," is upbeat and Clay's clear enunciation of every word is beautifully enhanced by the Broadway Inspirational Voices. This song can be difficult, but Clay pulls it off flawlessly.

"Don't Save it All for Christmas Day," is an amazing song with a powerful message. The orchestration is  the perfect delivery of the message and builds to showcase Clay's gift for the "glory note." Surely, Celine Dion would give credit where credit is due. If you only hear one song on this album-let it be this one.

"Merry Christmas with Love," is Clay's trademark "angst" song. The moving story is eloquently told in a voice that may bring you to tears. May the joy of the season surround you. Merry Christmas with Love from Clay. "Another Must Listen."

"Sleigh Ride," is an upbeat tune. You can almost see Clay smiling with his eyes glistening as he sings, "Giddy Up! Giddy Up! Giddy Up! Let's Go!" Again, the accompaniment with the percussion and piano are a delightful, smile-inducing mix.

"What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" The  accompaniment is minimal so you can appreciate the quality of Clay's voice. The Jack Pot question is, "What will Clay be doing New Year's Eve?" I believe Clay could garner more invitations than anyone on the planet this year.

Clay and his team have produced a first rate Christmas album. The classic nature of it combined with the heartwarming spirit of Clay will make it one that you will be enjoying many years from now. Now go decorate that tree!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all.

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 09:36:58 AM »

Thank you to all that are posting these reviews. I am so happy to see him get his due!!

I am so proud to be a fan!!

Lora-Ohio
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 10:30:04 AM »

What great reviews.  Thanks for bringing them over, I just love the cd and so does my husband.  I think Clay outdid himself............

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

THESE REVIEWS ARE FABULOUS- AND WELL EARNED- WE ALL KNEW WHAT CLAY COULD DO, AND I THANK THE LORD THAT THE RIGHT PEOPLE PRODUCED THIS ALBUM TO SHOWCASE HIS VOICE.
ANYONE WHO ENJOYS CLASSIC CHRISTMAS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AGAINST THIS ALBUM, AND I CAN SEE QUITE A FEW CLAYVERSIONS TAKING PLACE OVER IT

THANK YOU SO MUCH CLAY, FOR SHARING THE VOICE AGAIN- YOU GIVE ME CHILLS

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 10:17:07 PM »

A huge Thank-You for bringing each and every review of Clay's MCWL CD to this thread.

I am so happy that the reviews are so positive.

Even more so, many of the reviewers go into detail about each song and emphasize the greatness of Clay's voice.  So much credit is given to the producers of the CD.   Clay's talent is truly showcased on this one!

It sounds like some of the reviewers are questioning why someone with such great talent hasn't been appreciated by certain segments of the media up to this point.    

This CD evidently is reaching out and drawing in new fans who appreciate what Clay has done in Merry Christmas With Love!

Clay just keeps getting better and better.    And now, more people are becoming delightfully aware of it !

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2004, 08:19:30 AM »

Oh,  thank you, thank you for bringing these wonderful reviews to us.  The Christmas CD is a masterpiece.  I went to Walmart yesterday looking for a Harry Potter DVD for my 42 year old son for Christmas and I looked and no Clay CD's they said they were all sold out and didn't know when they were going to get any more in.  There is no way to count how many cd's he would sell if the stores kept them in stock.  The general public will see why we are dedicated Claymates when they hear this Christmas CD.

Pepe

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2004, 08:26:26 AM »

I HOPE THE FACT THAT THE STORES ARENT KEEPING UP WITH THE DEMAND WONT HURT CLAYS SALES FIGURES-
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN THEY HAVE TO HAVE TONS OF HIS CDS IN STORES TO APPEASE THE PUBLIC?

houstonclayfan
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2004, 06:48:49 AM »

www.towerrecords.com/prod...id=3113340

Given that Clay Aiken's success story is a little like that of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer's underdog-made-good tale, it's entirely appropriate that the AMERICAN IDOL runner-up would record a Christmas album. That MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE is so defiantly traditional just adds to the warm-and-fuzzy vibes.

With nary a hint of hip-hop or pop-punk to be found, the record is a testament to the evergreen appeal of the heavily orchestrated holiday epics of Christmas past. Aiken's bell-like voice is perfectly suited to the sweeping, old-time Disney/MGM production style here, and his evangelical Christian beliefs no doubt add to the sincerity with which he imbues these performances. Listening to the warm chestnut glow of "Sleigh Ride" or "Winter Wonderland," listeners might be forgiven for thinking they just stepped onto the set of a 1940s Bing Crosby film. Of course, Aiken can't resist adding a little of his trademark R&B spice to the eggnog, and this extra touch is what makes MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE accessible to holiday-music lovers of all inclinations.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2004, 09:25:09 AM »

Great Reviews.  I didn't expect anything less!  MCWL is just too wonderful for any bad reviews.  It would have to be a "BAH HUMBUG" person!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2004, 10:09:54 AM »

HE SURE HAS MADE HIS MARK ON ME AND NOW THE WHOLE WORLD.  KEEP IT GOING CLAY.  WE LOVE YOU MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY.

LORRAINE
caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2004, 10:50:18 AM »

Eonline's review of MCWL:

Clay Aiken is exactly the kind of guy you'd want to bring home to mom for the holidays. So, naturally the American Idol favorite politely shows up and does what's expected of him for his Christmas disc. For classics like "O Holy Night," "Silent Night" and "Joy to the World," Aiken takes the high road, embellishing his tasteful chops with choirs, bells and so many pristine elements you'd think angels should be credited on the liner notes. Aiken's attempt to add a modern spin (the drum machine-driven "Mary Did You Know" and Celine Dion's "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day") casts a shadow on the venture, though he ultimately shines through. What a guy.

www.eonline.com

Pretty good for eonline, which I tend to find a wee bit sarcastic.  A "B" from them (the grade they gave this CD) is like a A++ from someone else.

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2004, 11:05:10 AM »

IT DID SOUND SARCASTIC TO ME- BUT A REASONABLY GOOD GRADE

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2004, 10:02:24 PM »

"Clay Aiken, "Merry Christmas With Love"" Review

by Scott Juba
November 23, 2004

When it comes to Christmas albums, simple and standard is usually best. There is nothing worse than when artists change a traditional Christmas song in an attempt to make it their own, thereby destroying the fundamental foundation of a timeless classic. Clay Aiken clearly understands this, delivering a fine Christmas album that highlights his powerful voice without compromising the integrity of the music he’s performing.

The first two-thirds of the album are an especially strong effort, containing excellent renditions of many holiday favorites. “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” is the high point of the disc, with Aiken’s towering vocals bringing an uplifting and inspirational tone to the song.

He also impresses with “O, Holy Night”. Although it’s probably the most difficult Christmas song to perform because of its highly varied vocal range, Aiken belts it out with ease.

The album unfortunately loses traction with the non-traditional Christmas tunes, “Don’t Save It For Christmas Day” and “Merry Christmas With Love”. These songs simply have no spark, and Aiken’s delivery of the lyrics seems more manufactured than inspired. He rebounds nicely, however, in the closing song, “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?”, returning to a less generic style of vocal performance.

Even with its flaws, the “Claymates” of America are sure to fall in love with this album; and even non-Aiken fans will admire the sincerity and skill with which he performs most of the songs. “Merry Christmas With Love” is likely to be a welcome gift under the Christmas tree this holiday season.

Overall Grade: B

THE TRADES
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 06:09:04 AM »

WHILE THIS IS A GOOD REVIEW, I THINK THE CRITIC MISSED THE BOAT ON DSIAFKD- THAT IS A FANTASTIC RENDITION AND ONE WHICH I HOPE WILL BE CHOSEN FOR RADIO PLAY

caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 06:18:28 AM »

I completely agree.  Fabulous album.

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 06:19:22 AM »

It amazes me that one reviewer will knock the songs that a previous reviewer thought wonderful.

I personally like OMC's  Merry Christmas With Love and DSIAFCD.

Carol

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 11:16:12 AM »

and another opinion..mine..

the CD is ALL ABOUT DSIAFCD!! To me, that and MCWL, are the 2 tracks I listen to the most. O Holy Night is fast becoming a favorite also. Heck..they all are but I still stand by DSIAFCD-it is TOPS!!!

Can not wait to see it performed live by the man himself!!

The spirit that goes with Don't Save It All For Christmas Day is Clay- through and through. He lives it. He is giving and showing love in many ways, everyday.

I am trying to live by those words.

Lora
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2004, 05:39:12 AM »

• CHRISTMAS
CLAY AIKEN

Merry Christmas With Love
RCA
** ½

American Idol's two best male vocalists (I know, neither of them won, so sue me) beat the other Idols to the record racks by releasing holiday albums. Clay Aiken, season two runner-up, and George Huff, fifth-place finalist on season three, display why so many people fell so hard for the engaging twosome.

It's all in the voice. Say all the nasty things you want about American Idol and you'd be correct, but the show does put an emphasis on singing. When you have major pop stars faking it on live TV and on the concert stage, there's something endearing about two performers who sing in tune without props.

Aiken and Huff stick to traditional Christmas material on their respective CDs with some songs overlapping. Both cover perennials O Holy Night, Silent Night, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing. Imagination isn't a strong suit.

The 12 tracks on Aiken's wholesome Merry Christmas With Love may be a bit too much eggnog in one sitting, but his strong voice is showcased here more than on last year's Measure of a Man.(snip)

Aiken, meanwhile, displays impressive vocal range on his version of O Holy Night, the standout track on both men's discs, by dipping his tenor into its lower register. On other tracks, Aiken sounds like the love child of Neil Sedaka and Celine Dion. He even covers Dion's bombastic Don't Save It All for Christmas Day, which gives him the opportunity to hold a climactic note that will still be ringing through New Year's Day.

(Achin' for more Aiken? A Clay Aiken Christmas holiday special airs Dec. 8 on NBC and arrives on DVD Dec. 14.)

MIAMI.COMregistration required

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2004, 06:40:36 AM »

"ULTIMATELY SHINES THROUGH AND THEN SOME!"

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx