gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 173
Total: 173

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE REVIEWS  (Read 30294 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: November 13, 2004, 08:54:55 AM »

This thread will be for posting all media reviews of Clay's new Christmas CD.

Here is the one from Barnes and Noble to start us off:
Wholesome American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken follows in the tradition of PC pop crooners Perry Como and Andy Williams with this album of traditional Christmas fare. For this family-friendly collection, produced by Phil Ramone (Tony Bennett, Barry Manilow) and Walter Afanasieff (Mariah Carey, Kenny G), the North Carolina native lends his dramatic vocals to a dozen Yuletide favorites that provide the perfect background music for tree trimming or nuzzling by the fire. Supported by lush string arrangements, Aiken easily switches gears from a snappy, Harry Connick–reminiscent reading of "Winter Wonderland" to a subdued version of "Sleigh Ride." The slight singer even sinks his vibrato-tinged chops into Celine Dion's "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day," which is given an R&B sheen, thanks to an arrangement of organ, gospel harmonies, and vocal phrasing that's more robust than anything else on the disc. Not surprisingly, this devout Christian really shines on the disc's more spiritual material -- whether it's the hand-in-glove fit of Aiken's pliable tenor with the children's accompaniment provided by Broadway Inspirational Voices on a delicate rendering of "Silent Night" or the robust phrasing reverberating throughout an uplifting version of "Joy to the World." Earnest and endearing, Aiken's Merry Christmas with Love is a winning holiday record. Dave Gil de Rubio

BARNES & NOBLE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 05:59:39 AM »

AMG ALL MUSIC REVIEW

by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

Clay Aiken is a show-biz creature, so it's only appropriate that his sequel to his hit 2003 debut Measure of a Man is 2004's Merry Christmas With Love — after all, there are few things quite as showbiz as a holiday album. Aiken is a rarity in the new millennium: an old-fashioned, unironic middle-of-the road singer. Those are the kinds of vocalists that always fare very well on Christmas records, so it should be no surprise that Aiken turns in a good holiday album. Actually, there are no surprises on the album — the song selections are all standards, the arrangements are traditional and unobtrusive, always emphasizing Clay's voice, and the record is given a safe, high-gloss sheen ideal for adult contemporary radio. If there are any surprises with Merry Christmas With Love — well, apart from Clay's impish, elfin look on the front cover — it's that his singing is better, more assured here than it was on Measure of a Man. Then again, that debut was released a little over four months after he came in on second on the second season of American Idol. He's had more time to work on Merry Christmas With Love, and it seems to benefit his performance, which bodes well for his second proper studio album.

AMG ALL MUSIC

Clay "is" the "News"
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 07:25:55 AM »

YEAH...   I love to hear good things about our boy!!!

What a way to start the Holiday Season......

"G-d Bless Us one and all"

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Boomer Aries
Clayamateur

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 12:29:59 PM »

Deana,

Thank you for posting those reviews! I am sooo looking forward to listening to Clay's beautiful renditions of these Christmas songs.
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 11:45:42 AM »

apart from Clay's impish, elfin look on the front cover

Love that impish look

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 09:51:55 AM »

Clay Aiken's Holiday CD 'Merry Christmas With Love' Released

November 16th marked the release of former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken’s highly anticipated holiday cd
‘Merry Christmas with Love’. This follow up to his successful debut effort ‘Measure of a Man’ is a twelve song compilation of traditional fare and spiritual music with just the right mix of winter warming tunes to liven up the dullest of Holiday parties.

This is just a small portion of the Clay holiday blitz. Aiken kicks off a twenty city Christmas show this weekend. There is The Clay Aiken Holiday Special broadcast on December 8th. Aiken will also be making the rounds of the usual daytime and primetime shows, promoting both the holiday cd and his inspiring memoir ‘Learning to sing: Hearing the music in your life’ (Random House), Clay Aiken has become the Andy Williams of a new generation.

Merry Christmas with Love begins with the solemn O, Holy night, a haunting and lovely rendition that Aiken uses to demonstrate the great vocal skill he possesses. A longtime Christmas show favorite/ emcee back in his home area, Aiken presents this little gift for the listener in the form of a wonderful holiday song backed by an a full orchestra.

Sleigh Ride is the lively, jazz infused second song. A nice, danceable favorite that could be played long after Christmas passes. Put down the eggnog, grab your sweetie, and hit the dance floor! (although, Aiken may need to release the ‘Sleigh Ride Dance Mix’ As it could use another 2 minutes coming in at a bit under three minutes in length.)

Aiken returns to the spiritual side with Silent Night, backed by the beautiful voices of Michael McElroy and members of the Broadway Inspirational Voices. (Yes Simon Cowell…Clay IS “Broadway”…when he looks for powerful vocal accompaniment!). Nothing new here, but his version is top notch, and the listener can really appreciate the production value on this cd, something that was a bit lamented by fans on ‘Measure of a Man’.

A traditional Holiday medley of Hark the herald angels sing / O come all ye faithful continues the traditional aspect of ‘Merry Christmas with Love’, and while I’m partial to the Peanuts gang’s version, this is a nice medley and it sounds like Aiken really enjoys singing to the heavens on this track.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is a song that has been done by everyone..everywhere..on every holiday album. However, the fact that Aiken chose such a wonderful style as holiday songs with a jazz tinged backing makes this yet another of the danceable tunes on this cd.

Aiken sings praises of his deep religious conviction and the true meaning of Christmas with ‘Mary Did You Know’, a song without fancy orchestration and mostly Clay singing from deep inside himself. A haunting but lovely song that one doesn’t find on many standard Holiday cds, but true to the style much of Aiken’s early work.

Joy to the World livens up ‘Merry Christmas with Love’ by featuring Aiken and the return of The Broadway Inspirational Voices.
Certain to please the Gospel music fan out there, and another traditional holiday nugget.

The Christmas Song(Chestnuts roasting on an open fire) is another…old chestnut given the Aiken treatment. Once again, this song is all over the holiday music lists, but fans of Clay will love his version. I still prefer the Nat King Cole version, but some things are better with age.

A personal favorite and one featured on Fox’s American Idol Holiday special last year is Don't Save It All for Christmas Day’, a song made popular and written by Celine Dion, but Clay really gives it his all on this one. A song about having the good holiday spirit, and continuing those feelings throughout the year. His vocal prowess is highlighted by wondrous glory notes and powerful vocal dynamics. Goosebumps. That is all.

The title track ‘Merry Christmas with Love’is sweet story of someone who may be alone during the holidays, either physically or spiritually. The lyrics as sung by Aiken send his special holiday message to those who may really need it during a sometimes depressing time of the year. Very nice song, and uplifting.

‘Merry Christmas with Love ends with two seasonal songs that can complete the holiday season.
Winter Wonderland takes the listener to snowy meadows with Clay. The finale ‘What Are You Doing New Years Eve?’sets the fervent Clay lovers hearts aflutter as they hear him look for his New Year’s date. The sound you hear is swooning from coast to coast and beyond. A wonderful conclusion to this Holiday cd .

With the release of Clay Aikens ‘Merry Christmas With Love’, he establishes himself solidly as more than just a “Claymate” object of fanaticism or an American Idol wannabe. He proves that his style is ever evolving, maturing as he also matures. The style of music Aiken provides on this holiday cd may be a preview of what genre of music he is most comfortable with, and best suits what he feels his audience craves as well.
--Ray Courtright, Jr.

ELITES TV
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 09:53:25 AM »

What's in our CD player

Clay Aiken, Merry Christmas, With Love: It seems no American singer-songwriter is really, truly on the map until they put out a Christmas album. With this release, Aiken gives his devoted followers something to warm their hearts through the holidays... and there’s a good cause behind it, also. Aiken is working with UNICEF to make sure children around the world have proper food, shelter, and schooling.

THE VAIL TRAIL
houstonclayfan
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 10:53:33 AM »

Posted by Deanna on the ANN

Familiar and unfamiliar territory on this CD
By Idolhead Ed

This article is owned by MediaFiends.com & may not be reproduced without permission.

Well, the magic is over. This Christmas music rehash sung by Clay’s syrupy sweet voice is enough to make Santa’s elves quit this year if they have to put this one in the stockings……

Just kidding of course. That was my imitation of most other “Music Critic’s” review of Clay’s music. If you turn that review 180 degrees around, you’ll get an idea of how I really feel about Clay’s Christmas venture “Merry Christmas with Love”. Looks like another plate of platinum served up by Mister Aiken.

While all the “traditionals” are sung beautifully, there are 4 songs that I particularly like above and beyond.
They are:
“Mary Did You Know”,”Don’t Save it all for Christmas Day”, “Merry Christmas with Love” (the title cut) and “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?”

“Mary Did You Know”, if you are not familiar with this song, it is sung from the point of view of the singer telling Mary about all the great things Jesus would do in his lifetime. The tune is haunting and beautiful. I had only heard this song once before and was greatly moved at the time. Clay sings it with the passion and with the belief that he is actually talking to Mary. The music is subtle and allows Clay’s voice to do what Clay’s voice can do; move you. It is truly a wonderful rendition. It’s always hard to top an original performance of any song because the first time you hear it, in your mind, it’s the way it should be sung. But Clay does the improbable and surpasses the original. I could listen to it over and over again. As a matter of fact, I have.

“Don’t Save it all for Christmas Day”, you may recognize this one as one Clay sang on the AI Christmas special last year. I really liked it when I heard it then, but Clay goes one better on this CD version. There is one point where Clay does a boisterous key change that adds more life to the song. He is also able to show of his impressive range. I could listen to it over and over again. As a matter of fact, I have.

“Merry Christmas with Love”, is the title cut and is also one I have never heard. Another beautiful song. Another masterful job by Clay. I don’t think if I ever hear this song again sung by anyone else will I be quite as charmed. I could listen to it over and over again. As a matter of fact, I have.

“What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?”, is another one I haven’t heard, yet again, love it. This song sounds like a song from the 30’s or 40’s. For all I know, it is. Clay sounds like he’s from another time on this one and fits in just fine. It reminds me of the time he sang with Bing Crosby last Christmas. You see, Clay sings so well even the dead want to come back alive to sing with him. This is probably my favorite, on this first, of what I’m sure will be many Christmas CD’s from Clay. I could listen to it over and over again. As a matter of fact, I have.

Gladys Knight once said of Clay, she didn’t know quite what would happen with him but something wonderful would happen. Well, we all know now what has happened and it is wonderful, but not as much for him as for us, his fans. This Christmas CD is a great gift from Clay that Clay fans as well as anyone will absolutely love. As for true Clay fans, once you put this CD in your player you’ll want to listen to it over and over again. As a matter of fact, I’ll bet you already have.

Idolhead Ed  

www.mediafiends.com
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 03:44:01 PM »

Amazing review of MCWL from a non-Clay fan on Amazon.com--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 stars - Even non-fans will like this one, November 18, 2004
Reviewer: James D. Leverton (San Marcos, CA USA) - See all my reviews

Is there a more divisive force in pop music today than Clay Aiken? For some unfathomable reason, Clay is a singer who inspires as much loathing as love, although it is beyond me why a clean-cut, God-fearing, apple pie-eating, momma-loving All-American Southern kid like him would be so despised by so many. But I digress. The subject at hand is Clay's new Christmas album, "Merry Christmas with Love," and the verdict is in: it's a wonderful collection of holiday standards that, unlike Clay's admittedly overproduced debut "Measure of a Man," should have widespread appeal that will bring Aiken new fans, please the diehards and silence the critics who hope (in vain, IMHO) that he disappears from the musical landscape faster than he appeared two years ago on "American Idol."

Even Clay's diehard fans who loved "Measure" will admit that the album didn't do his considerable talents justice. With too many producers helming too many sound-alike ballads, all overseen by executive producer Clive Davis in much the same way a blind cop would direct traffic, "Measure" was pleasant and had many fine moments (the title track, the lone hit "Invisible" and the incredible power ballad "I Survived You" among them) but failed to expand his fan base much beyond the "Idol" crowd. "Merry Christmas with Love" should change that as it is an album even non-fans will enjoy. With Davis no longer at the helm and only two producers (Phil Ramone and Walter Afanasieff) working separately on approximately half the album apiece, the result is a much more cohesive and balanced package that showcases Clay's incredible vocal power and range while lowering the volume of the accompanying orchestration so that it is his voice, and not the instrumentation, that drives the songs. The result is several beautifully understated readings and a resisting of the temptation of having Clay attempt to blow the listener away with one "glory note" after another, so that when he finally does let loose with all his vocal power it is extremely effective.

The album highlights include wonderful, understated readings of "O, Holy Night," "Silent Night," and "Mary Did You Know?" and bouncy, uplifting renditions of "Sleigh Ride" and "Winter Wonderland." The title track is very effective, and the album ends on a touching note with "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" But the absolute highlight is Clay's goosebump-inducing, incredibly moving version of Celine Dion's "Don't Save it All for Christmas Day," in which he starts off in understated mode and slowly builds toward a last-minute crescendo that is beautifully complimented by an effective gospel choir and orchestration. Clay actually manages to out-Dion Celine with the tune, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she herself was impressed and called with her congratulations.

In all, Clay and his producers have delivered an outstanding Christmas package that should quiet (for the time being) the tiresome rantings of his critics, satisfy his legions of fans while they (impatiently) await his sophomore pop effort, and bring new fans aboard while at least offering those on the fence with ample proof why he inspires the kind of devotion that hasn't been seen since the days of the Beatles and Elvis.

"Merry Christmas with Love" should sell well through Christmas and become a new perennial holiday classic. Clay, Ramone and Afanasieff have done themselves proud, and the result bodes well for Clay's future projects. Take a bow, gentlemen.
ClayBuf
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 10:51:05 PM »

Wow - this review from Amazon.com is spot on!

He left no stone unturned, including the concensus about MOAM. He was intelligent and articulate in his review. I hope buyers who are looking at possibly buying MCWL read this review - and especially notice that it was written by a GUY, not a gushing Claymate.

It is wonderful to see that more and more people are finally coming around, and seeing Clay as a true artist and not a runner-up on a "reality" show.

Amen and Halleluia! ...... and Merry Christmas, indeed!

~Buffi
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 03:01:19 PM »

Another review from Amazon.com:
A singer for 4 generations, November 19, 2004
 Reviewer: Don (USA) - See all my reviews

Well I think I have finally been caught. I don't generally follow too many  singers, so while I have heard of Clay and stumbled across him on several occasions on TV, I never really gave him a  tremendous amount of thought. My granddaughter started this by being enamored with American Idol  during season 2. I had never watched, but she got my daughter and  son-in-law to  watch with her, so it became a nice little family show they could watch. She was very upset that Clay didn't win, as  they all really liked him a lot. Well the request was for Grandpa to  buy her Clay's record when it  came out after the show, and the compilation record. So that's what Grandma and  I got her. Well, we took my mother to the birthday party as well. When Sam had to play  her new  records, she caught  my mother and I both with Bridge Over Troubled Water. I grew up on Simon and Garfunkel, as well as  others of that era. Well, Mom fell for it and on the way home, we had to stop and get it for her as well---but I didn't get one. Yes, it was great, but I don't listen to a lot of music any more, so it didn't matter to me.

I forgot about him that summer cause I didn't really see or hear him much. I  stumbled on him next on Miss America (which the wife loves). He was pretty darn good. Then I stumbled across him again at the opening of the World Series. He is one of the few I have ever heard be able to truly sing that song, and live to boot. Then he popped up several more places that I watch, like the Tonight show, the Macy Parade, Disney Christmas. It seemed like everywhere I turned there he was. I even  found him on my TV for New Years. We had to watch the Christmas American Idol show, for same granddaughter. Don't Save It All For Christmas Day was new to me. I really liked that--good song. He did a really good job. Each time I heard him,I thought he had a really good voice--pretty distinctive from what I heard now days--which is part of why I don't really listen to radio any more. I grew up with music all around me. My mom had all the big band records, loved Bing Crosby, Frank, and people who could "really sing" as she says. I also played piano for years, with a teacher who made you learn classical before you could ever dream of wanting popular. I also was involved with a band throughout high school and college. So music had been a really big part of my life for years. But I got turned off several years back.

I heard him again on the Tonight show--again. This time it was Solitaire. Well, beginning of summer he shows up, of all places, on a NASCAR show I was going to watch. Then, on July 4, he's on my TV again. I can't seem to watch a family tradition (of this family)without seeing him. Once again, his singing of the Star Spangled Banner amazed me. That song is just butchered by almost everyone who tries to sing it. And he does it great. Well, wife informs me that I will just never guess who has this new record out and this time it is Christmas music. Well, as I said, I grew up with all those traditions, the yearly shows on TV of Como, Crosby, Martin, Williams and more. And I must say, that is the one time I really can get  back into enjoying music. And by now I know which singer around today keeps popping into my family traditions--so let me guess---Clay has it. Yup. Well why fight it, so we go to the store to get it. She played it as soon as we got home. Well, it is still playing a lot, and it is three days later. Oh, yeah and I had to make another trip back to the store because guess who else has to have a copy? My 82 year old mother. This is her kind of music and the first singer in years to let her hear music as she loves it, very sensitive, emotional, and a quality voice.

Of course granddaughter is getting it for Christmas (if she doesn't con me out of it before---you know how little girls can just smile and make the biggest dad or granddad melt--and she so knows how to do it.)

This is the best Christmas record I think I have ever heard. Some of the songs are the best I have heard in years, even if they weren't Christmas. Merry Christmas With Love is great. Silent Night is beautiful. Sleigh Ride is fun and happy, just as it should be. Old traditions are there with Winter Wonderland and The Christmas Song. Both are done exceptionally well. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve almost reminds me of childhood, listening to Mom's generation's music. Mary Did You Know was a new one for me, but Mom is familiar with it from church----it was actually one of ththe ones she really wanted the record for. Well, this song makes a big guy feel emotional just listening to it. O Holy Night, which has always been a personal favorite, is another song that too many people butcher or change so drastically for their "stamp" that they ruin it. It is one of the  most beautiful songs ever written in my opinion and it's very hard to  please me on it. I must say I was truly blown away. This version is amazing. And the final one that grabs me is the one I heard last year on the TV show. Don't Save It All For Christmas Day is the most astonishing thing I have heard in years, let alone to come out of the mouth of a "pop" star.

Now again, I grew up on pop or rock and roll or whatever you want to call it. And those types of singers just can't sing like this. The quality, the tone, the control, the range, the strength, and the emotion is just beyond words. This has truly brought a grown man, who almost felt like abandoning music, back to appreciating it again. And better than that, I can have Christmas dinner and open presents with my 82 year old  mother, my daughter and son-in-law and my grandchildren, and we can all agree on a CD we want to listen to. Who else could 4 generations of people from 82 to 1, and numerous ages in between, agree on and love?

I give up Clay. I am a fan, and you can show up on my TV anytime. You can even appear on my stereo, that hasn't had much use the last few years. And I will even purposely tune my TV to catch your Christmas special, for the chance to see you perform some of these songs.

Clay "is" the "News"
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 05:53:13 PM »

I LOVED THESE REVIEWS- CLAY IS CONVERTING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE PLACE- I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE THEM PLAY IT OVER THE SPEAKERS IN GRAND CENTRAL STATION- BROADCAST IT THROUGHOUT TIMES SQUARE- SEE THE LOVE ABOUND THEN- HOW COULD IT NOT?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 05:55:39 PM »

Found another one I really like.  Always great to hear what a former Non-Claymate has to say. Wink

WOW where did this guy come from??????, November 17, 2004
Reviewer: I Luv Talent "Pat" (USA)
So, I went out at lunch time to buy this CD because I heard someone played Mary Did You Know for me at the office. I have to apologize to this person now because I have been making fun of them for being a Claymate. This is the guy that all the DJs and critics are taking potshots at? I just can't believe this guy's voice. I admit I've never really listened to him except that song Invisible and although it's catchy and his voice is strong--I just had no idea he could sing like this--I'm totally and utterly amazed. I don't think I've ever heard a voice like this.

The songs on here are classics and the ones I am familiar with I feel like I've heard them for the first time. I remember Kenny Rogers did Mary Did You Know but it certainly didn't sound anything like the version on this CD. I really like the song Don't Save it All for Christmas Day--WOW, again I'm blown away. I had never heard Merry Christmas With Love or What are You Doing New Year's Eve--they sound classic but they're new to me so these were a really pleasant surprise.

I'm not a very religious person but some of the songs Silent Night, Hark the Herald Angels Sing and O Holy Night touched me in a way I haven't felt for a long, long time.

Debbie, this is my public apology to you for rolling my eyes at you, making fun of your obsession, and not listening to what you had to say. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for introducing me to such a remarkable talent.

Clay "is" the "News"
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 07:22:56 PM »

What great reviews!!!  thanks to all for sharing!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 05:57:56 AM »

I have been somewhat apprehensive about reviews of MCWL, so I am elated that the reviews have been so positive.  
I  am looking for this to be a Christmas album that is timeless and, perhaps, released every year!!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 09:22:35 AM »

MARILYN:  I AM JUST ALWAYS AGREEING WITH YOU!
GRAND CENTRAL STATION!  WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA.  CAN YOU GET SOMEONE TO DO THAT.  IT SHOULD BE IN ALL OF THE STORES, OFFICES, SCHOOLS,  ETC. GET THE PICTURE!    

LOVED THOSE POSITIVE REVIEWS.  HOW COULD THEY BE ANYTHING BUT!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 10:19:51 AM »

CELEBRITYCAFE
Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

don't know how one could be disappointed with this superb collection of Christmas songs, performed beautifully by Clay Aiken. The recording offers both fun and traditional songs such as: “Winter Wonderland,” “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire),” “Sleigh Ride,” “O Holy Night,” and “Silent Night”--each branded with Clay's unique and breathtaking vocal range.

Although all the songs on this CD are wonderful, two tracks stand out as the most beautiful and inspiring: “Mary, Did You Know?” and “Don't Save It All for Christmas,” which has Clay's signature, effortlessly performed high-notes. Clay Aiken's “Merry Christmas with Love” is quite a special album to have around the holidays this year, and for years to come.

So, cozy up with you favorite snugly blanket, watch the lights twinkle on the tree and enjoy some good holiday music by a great singer. I'll be playing it a lot during the days leading up to Christmas!

Reviewer: Lynda Dale MacLean new pop

Reviewer's Rating: 8
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 03:32:02 AM »

OMGoodness, the reviews by Don and Pat....aaabsolutely heartwarming.  I'm happy to see the Clayversion.

Indeed, OMC is a singer for 4 generations....ALL GENERATIONS!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 06:08:13 AM »

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Clay Aiken may look wide-eyed and unassuming, but when it comes to figuring out what his fans want for Christmas, he's got it all figured out. On Merry Christmas with Love he so cannily anticipates the musical sugarplums dancing in the heads of his devotees that you half expect him to climb down the chimney and hand-deliver it. Key to the dozen-song collection's appeal is its straightforwardness: Parting ways with the sea of celebrities who use holiday discs as an excuse to cut loose, Aiken banishes irony and coyness so absolutely here that certain carols--the medley "Hark the Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye Faithful" and "Silent Night" especially--take on church-like tones; expect tree trimmers to put aside their tinsel and contemplate the meaning of the season. Yet don't expect them to miss out on any merriment. On less chestnutty selections like the ballads "Mary Did You Know" and Celine Dion's "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day," Aiken lets it rip, reining in a passion and pure-heartedness so believable that fans will wish he, rather than the guy in the red velvet suit, were Santa Claus. -Tammy La Gorce

AMAZON.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 06:17:39 AM »

Another Amazon review:

Reviewer: MusicAppreciation101 (Michigan) -  
Imagine having a nine-time Grammy award winning producer like Phil Ramone work on your album. Someone who worked on Ray Charles' album "Genius Loves Company." Then imagine two-time Grammy Award winning Producer Walter Afanasieff whose credits include "My Heart Will Go On" Celine Dion, "My All" Mariah Carey, "Broken Vow" Josh Groban.

If you can imagine any of the above, then you'll get an idea as to the quality of Clay Aiken's "Merry Christmas With Love." Every arrangement has been done with great care. This is definitely not a boring listen. It's traditional in theme, but Clay's ability to change his voice throughout the album makes this CD far superior to your normal holiday CD. There aren't many recording artists that can vocally go from Michael Crawford to Celine Dion on the same record like Clay does. It doesn't sound like a big difference, but it really is. Clay has several different singing voices and you get to hear many of them on this record.

The Ramone/Afanasieff combination keeps you tuned in. It's a nice contrast in style. I would highly recommend this album for anyone.

Clay "is" the "News"
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx