gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:48:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 329
Total: 329

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEC 10 WALLINGFORD OAKDALE THEATER FAN REVIEWS  (Read 1831 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 05, 2004, 09:19:45 PM »

OFFICIAL THREAD!
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 10:48:05 PM »

i am so honored and proud to say that i was actually in this concert. my hs select choir was chosen to sing with him, and he was soo amazing in concert. during DONT SAVE IT ALL he gave me chills. I was on stage with him and the emotion of being right there and hearing him hit those notes during the break in the song was so amazing. Clay was totally down to earth and such a nice guy. we all got autographs, he personally went around and shook hands with everyone, and he was really funny. He got a kick out of the few of us that were crying hysterically. He was just really great, it was an amazing day that i will truly never forget. I have pictures and the autograph to help me =) I just wanted to post that since i WAS there i can say that this concert was truly amazing, and i wanted to let everyone know what a great guy he is.
<3 Jessica...New York
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 08:37:40 AM »

Quote from: Anonymous
i am so honored and proud to say that i was actually in this concert. my hs select choir was chosen to sing with him, and he was soo amazing in concert. during DONT SAVE IT ALL he gave me chills. I was on stage with him and the emotion of being right there and hearing him hit those notes during the break in the song was so amazing. Clay was totally down to earth and such a nice guy. we all got autographs, he personally went around and shook hands with everyone, and he was really funny. He got a kick out of the few of us that were crying hysterically. He was just really great, it was an amazing day that i will truly never forget. I have pictures and the autograph to help me =) I just wanted to post that since i WAS there i can say that this concert was truly amazing, and i wanted to let everyone know what a great guy he is.
<3 Jessica...New York

Congrats!!! I'm glad you had such a great experience!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
JoJo
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 02:34:25 PM »

Jessica,
What a wonderful experience for you!  Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 08:18:28 PM »

What can I say- this mans voice is phenomenal! I had the pleasure of joining Linda and Lorraine in the 12th row- we were so close! The curtains opened and out came this bundle of joy wrapped up in a long lanky body. I love it that his hands were free of microphones and waving around, emphasizing and bracketing that wonderful voice.  Sleigh Ride was bouncy and so was Clay- it almost seemed like he had consumed jumping beans- the energy level was  extremely high. Have I said that I love the way Clay sings the word "wintery"
Merry Little Christmas and Roasting the Chestnuts- Clay was right up there with the crooners of the past- Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Perry Como, Johny Mathis- and he was holding his own, if not sounding better than all of them.
On Winter Wonderland- this time he danced with Quiana- oh I wish I was a backup singer- Fred Astaire eat your heart out!! And then he changed it up by singing Silver Bells with Angela- they harmonized perfectly- blended together and soared to the rafters- he can ring my bells any time.
And then comes Clive Davis' favorite song- the Christmas Waltz- I never would have thought that this song was made for Clay, but his voice just wrapped around the song and tossed it out over the audience- I just love the way he sings this- and I couldnt get the song out of my mind (ask Deanna-"frosted window panes")

And then- he started the Aiken Green eyed Laser guns- raking the audience and piercing them to their seats, panting, and wanting to be the chosen ones. Alas, it was not to be- At MSG the night before he had gone to his left- and I thought- hoped- he would come to the right this time- but no, he wouldnt.  Earlier he had done this little soft shoe, which was so adorable- no one got it on film, though. So he stated- no more dancing for me- and usually when he comes down in the audience he does so after the couple of verses, when there is a pause. This time he came down when the lyrics started up again- everyone stood and we couldnt see, but Linda's husband, who was a couple of rows behind, and Tammy who could also see, says he knelt down by a lady to sing and she cupped his face in her hands- ooooooooo I am so sorry I missed it!- He then proceeded to sing to a couple more ladies, then retreated through the door and backstage.
At this point Angela came out and sang with the children. Now, while I think she has a good voice, I felt that she screamed the higher notes rather than sang them.
However, when Quiana came out and sang My Grown up Christmas list, i had chills running down my spine- that woman can SING- AI2 made a couple of BIG mistakes letting these two slip through

AND THEN COMES THE SECOND HALF
Oh how hard is it to describe the wondrous sounds that flow out of the mouth of Clay Aiken? It just gives me chills, and yet, it warms my heart, the reverence and joy on his face and in his voice- I dont think I have ever heard anything like it.- Silent Night-soft, yet penetrating- this voice can fill the entire venue and close up all the voids and holes in peoples hearts and lives-you cannot ever be at a Clay concert and be depressed- he lifts you up with him and keeps you on a high the whole time he is singing and talking in front of you.
I love the way his voice travels up and down on HTHAS AND OCAYF- these songs were written for him to sing. Ditto for First Noel

and- Mary did you know? I had never heard this song before Clay sang it, and I went on the internet and found that Kenny Rogers also sang it- but oh it is so very wonderful to hear Clay sing it- I think this song should get radio play- then everyone may GET IT!

Clay was humerous and snarky- and looked so sophisticated in his gray shirt and pants, his silver and white striped tie- but then something started to go wrong- He was talking about the resolutions- and that people had made resolutions to wait until the last few songs to start flashing the cameras- he asked those who were sitting next to them to knock em out.
And sure enough, when he started singing DSIAFCD, they started, He even interrupted his song to say "see?" and pointed out at the audience.  And the flashes kept going. He took out his earpiece and faced away from the audience a little until the glory note- and if he had stormed off the stage as some thought he would- some of the audience would have deserved it. But I think he reined himself in, because of those of us who werent flashing. Lainey was closer and she said he was blinking a lot and rolling his eyes.

But he did it, and he hit that glory note, reaching down to the tips of his toes and hurling it to the rafters- my god, it was wonderful!! I stood to applaud, and everyone else did the same.
The screams were deafening- he had done it again.
And then- coming out to the right of the audience- GOOD NEWS- I love the way Clay moves his voice up and down on this- when I first heard it on a download- I thought it was rather mundane- but to hear it in person- oh joy- to see the reverent Clay- to watch him lift his face up to the heavens and share his "Good news" with us- is beyond anything I have ever experienced

And then he was gone--- I felt bereft- drained- the gamut of emotions he had taken us through was extensive. and yet- I left hungering for more- as did all of my companions.- If we could have Clay sing to us for more than a couple of hours, it would be the most joyous experience in the world- but I doubt if we would survive it- it is so emotionally draining.
And one or two concerts is not enough- I thirst for more.

So thank you Clay, for making me live again and be happy, and for helping me find such wonderful people to share my Clay experience with. And to all of you who have not yet seen the Joyful Noise- be prepared- it is heartfilling, uplifting, joyous-

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx