gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEC 15 CLEARWATER RUTH ECKERD HALL FAN REVIEWS  (Read 2365 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 05, 2004, 09:18:29 PM »

OFFICIAL THREAD!
GUELS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 10:53:40 PM »

ONE WORD DESCRIBES THIS CONCERT.....FABULOUS....... I THINK I HAVE FINALLY CLAYVERTED MY HUBBY ALSO. HE REALLY ENJOYED THE SHOW TOO. THE HALL HAD A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM, THE CROWD WAS REALLY INTO THE MUSIC AND CLAY WAS FLAWLESS. PERFECTION PERSONIFIED.
Char
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 08:53:24 PM »

I know, I know- I am very late in posting this LOL! I had to get through my own graduation in Florida last weekend and then all of my emails since I opted to leave the laptop at home on this trip...well, I am just behind!!
Ruth Eckerd Hall was a beautiful hall for a concert. The people that were attending the concert either had read the postings on various websites or were just classy people, because many of the men had on suits and there were even some formal long dresses on the women! The concert began about 10 minutes late- many people were still trying to get seated at the scheduled time for the concert to begin. The show opened with Clay singing off stage and then he came out finally to nice applause and not too many screams :) Then the children's choir was out on the stage, then the background singers that we all have grown to love so much (Quiana, Jacob and Angela), and finally the last curtain lifted to see the orchestra and the high school choir. Clay was dressed in what looked to me like grey slacks and an arguyle sweater (reminded me of those sweaters he loathed that his mom bought for him when he was in school). The first half of the program as you all know now were mostly secular songs. Clay was magnificent of course. But the real jewel of this concert was....you could HEAR Clay sing for once. I mean almost every single note was audible and to me this was the greatest joy. After the intermission Clay came out in the long black coat, a purple tie and if I remember correctly, a white shirt. He looked so handsome and grown up! Then he began that half with "O Holy Night" and I just do not have words to describe the beauty of that carol! The second half was my favorite....he just really seemed to shine with the more traditional carols. Jacob, Quiana and Angela were excellent- but I felt that Jacob did a little bit more of a wonderful job. Is there anything musical that he cannot do??? My next favorite number of course was "Don't Save It....(etc, etc LOL). It is one of my all time favorites of Clay's recordings and to hear it in person just overwhelmed me. I have to also mention that the high school choir that accompanied Clay were one of the best I have every heard. It is really a shame that Clearwater/Tampa/St. Petersburg newspapers chose to ignore reviewing this concert- they could have really touted their own local talent. I am truly spoiled now- I will want to expect to be able to hear Clay in concert as well as this all of the time now! So for my fifth time seeing Clay, I have to say it was a truly magnificent experience. And my hubby even enjoyed the concert....his words were afterwards "I knew that he could sing, but I didn't know he could sing like that"! I know that I have not Clay-verted him, but at least the hubby gained some respect for my other man in my life LOL!

- Char
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx