gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:23:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEC 18 ATLANTA WOODRUFF ARTS CENTER FAN REVIEWS  (Read 3298 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 05, 2004, 09:16:51 PM »

OFFICIAL THREAD!
gcramsey
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

Here is my review of December 18, 2004.

Well I’ll start from the beginning.

It seems that every time my mom and I go see Clay, there seems to be a problem that almost makes us miss it. In Duluth for the Independent tour, my mom got stuck in traffic on the way to the venue. When leaving for Charlotte to see the solo tour, we forgot a bag and had to return home throwing us off track by several hours. We didn’t have much time to get settled before we had to leave for the picnic. This show was no different.

My day started at 7:30 AM. Plenty of time to make a 2:00 PM show at a venue only 25 minutes from my Parents home. This day was to break tradition. We were going to arrive with PLENTY of time.

There was a catch though. My father had gone to my home to take care of the farm while I am down with my back. Shouldn’t be a problem….1 hour away and all he has to do is let the animals out and get on the road.

8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00………ring ring. The phone at my mom’s. It’s my dad! What??????????????? You haven’t left yet??????????????????

“Dad, drop everything where it is now and get on the road!” I said to my father! How would this concert virgin know about all the troubles we could face? He doesn’t know about our “history” with cutting it close!

10:30, 11:00, 11:10………Dad walks in the door. I calculate in my head……one hour to get ready………..1 hour 50 minutes to get there. Seems like a lot, but we are riding the train so we don’t have to park. Not to mention we are meeting my Brother and Sister-in-law at the train station. Mom is already starting to worry; she knows our “history”.

Dad got ready in record time. We loaded up Granny and took off. (Grandma had been ready since 7:45, always prepared!) Made it to the train station by 12:30. One and a half hours till show time! One hour on the train……30 minutes EARLY! Ha, we beat the game this time!!!!!

12:45, 12:50, 12:55, 1:00………..Brother arrives, He and his wife had been waiting at the wrong train station, realized it, and then hurried to the right one. One hour, we should make it as long as they aren’t………………train stops……………..announcement; “We are on short delay while the other train clears the single-track.” Ding Dang. It’s happening again!!!!!!!!!!!

Strain starts again, change trains to go north……5 stops………..25 minutes………..gonna be really close.

We arrived at Symphony hall with 4 minutes till show time. They tear our tickets and show us to the ushers (who we will discuss later). The usher looks at my ticket and says, “Wait right here, there is a problem with your tickets.” Come to find out that the people who were in our seats had gotten them from some place other than the venue. They removed the people from our seats and we sat down.

The nice “Clay-mate” next to me must have thought that since I was a guy, I didn’t know anything about Clay or his fans. Ha Ha! She proceeds to tell me that some people even bring their phones to give other people a “Cell-cert”. While she is telling me this I am getting my cell phone out and I tell her that I’m calling a girl in Raleigh.

While I am telling her this I hear “Are you Glen?” It turns out that three fellow Clay-Maniacs and one Husband are seated just behind me. It’s always good to meet fellow members!

Now on to the Ushers and the concert!

When we first sat down, my mom was getting her phone out and she was visited by an usher that told her that her phone would have to stay off and that there was security everywhere. The house lights drop and the concert started. Clay in all his grand style begins to mesmerize every single person in the room. The sound was great and his voice was supported by the sounds of the symphony, a beautiful combination. The sounds seemed to bend and twist together with little effort and amazing skill. I, along with everyone else, was seamlessly connected to the show. Except for two people………..the ushers. I will now refer to them as the Nazi’s.

The Nazi’s were in full force at this show. The lady to my left hovered over us with her binoculars as she scanned the crowd for deviants such as myself. People disrespecting the show and the venue with cameras, phones and light sticks………that’s right……light sticks. The “Clay-mate” Mary Lou next to me had two children (very cute BTW) who had gotten glo-sticks at the merchandise booth. The Nazi came all the way down the isle to the middle to ask the little boy to turn off his glo-stick. TURN OFF A GLO-STICK??????????? You can’t do that! Not to mention that he bought it there! The Nazi’s continued to swarm over the crowd and remove items as they saw fit. They were not the highlight of the evening.

Clay was Clay. Very chatty this time. I seem to be lucky with that. He has been really chatty at all the shows I have been to. I think he feels comfortable in the south. He always says how much it is good to be back here. I’m sure it has many memories attached.

The concert hit a high moment during DSIAFCD. It’s a personal favorite of mine, along with everyone else in the world. It ended way too fast. I love the way that he works the crowd and silently begs for screams. There were few “Hooters” and no “Flashers”. I was impressed with the group as a whole. The concert seemed to progress without a hitch. It was wonderful and I have trouble finding words to describe how it touched my soul, but it did.

This concert had a different feel than the others I have been to. I really love the concert that is flooded with screaming fans, cameras, posters, and GLO-STICKS! This concert was amazing and I hope that he does another like it, but I hope that he doesn’t forget the special (and clack filled) concerts that we all love. This concert atmosphere was perfect for the symphony and for the season. I feel honored that I was able to experience it……. especially with my whole family.

I know this review is different from the ones that you are used to and its not really much review. In fact, it’s just all about my day and my experience. It’s what I have. It may just be that I’m a guy and I don’t get the same feeling about Clay that all you ladies do. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.

My family got “Clayed”

Thanks everyone!
flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:15:45 AM »

GCramsey

I too am posting this unusual what happened situation.

I forgot to tell you that I was very happy to be sitting behind you and that it was great to meet you as well.

THE FLAKEY REPORT

I AM HOME

FIRST LET ME SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIZ MY WONDERFUL BUDDY ONCE AGAIN. I POSTED A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY THREAD.

MY HUSBAND WENT WITH ME AND HE HAD A BLAST. HE THOUGHT THE CONCERT WAS AWESOME AS WELL AS THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT WERE THERE WITH US. WE MET UP WITH CLAYMATEFL, CASSMSAND HUSBAND, KENDALL, BOZENA, JJ AND HER HUSBAND, SHANNON AND COLLEEN. THE DAY WAS JUST GREAT.

COLLEEN, SHANNON AND I HAD SEATS IN THE FIRST BALCONY(BY THE WAY THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN COLLEEN FOR SECURING THOSE TICKETS FOR US. THE SEATS WERE WONDERFUL. DEAD CENTER - COULD SEE EVERYTHING.

I BROUGHT A GIFT FOR CLAY --IT WAS PRETTY LIGHT-HEARTED- TO GIVE HIM A CHUCKLE- I AM A LITTLE FLAKEY OF COURSE. COLLEEN ACCOMPANIED ME DOWNSTAIRS TO TRY TO GET TO JEROME. I FIGURED THAT IF I COULD NOT FIND HIM BOZENA WOULD AND COULD GIVE IT TO HIM. HE WAS THERE AS SOON AS I GOT DOWNSTAIRS AND BOZENA AND I WENT TO TALK TO HIM. HE TOOK MY GIFT AND SAID HE WOULD GIVE IT TO HIM. BOZENA IS GOING TO FOLLOW-UP FOR ME AT THE NEXT CONCERT TO SEE IF HE ACTUALLY DID GIVE IT TO HIM.

ANYWAY, THE CONCERT WAS AWESOME. IT WAS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL. THE ACOUSTICS, THE SYPHONY ORCHESTRA, THE VENUE, THE BACKDROPS, THE PRESENTATION WERE AWESOME ECT. CLAY WAS SO UNBELIEVABLE. HE WAS PERFECT.

WHAT IS THERE NOT TO LOVE ABOUT HIM .
AFTERWARDS, SHANNON, CASSMS, AND HOUSTON AND I HUNG OUT BY THE BUSES. WE HAD A SUSPICION THAT CLAY WOULD "ESCAPE". THERE WERE NO BARRIERS TO PROTECT HIM. THE BUSES WERE WAY OUT IN THE OPEN. NOT LIKE MIAMI THE LST TIME I SAW HIM. I DID GET TO TALK QUICKLY TO QUIANA, ANGELA, JACOB, AND NICK --AND GOT AUTOGRAPHS. QUIANA AND ANGELA DID SUCH SPECTACULAR JOBS AS WELL AND I TOLD THEM SO. WHEN JEROME CAME OUT WITHOUT CLAY, I KNEW THIS WAS A BAD SIGN.

SO OUR CLAY ESCAPED US IN A WHITE PICK-UP TRUCK BUT I THINK IT WAS FOR THE BEST AND I REALLY DO NOT BLAME HIM.
I JUST WANT TO SAY

JJ AND ALAN -- YOU ARE SO WONDERFUL AND I THANK YOU BOTH FOR THE GRAT DAY.

BOZENA, YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU

COLLEEN IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. YOU ARE SO SWEET

SHANNON -- IT WAS GREAT TO MEET YOU

DALE, DEE, AND CASSMS IF YOU SHOULD SEE THIS POST, I LOVED MEETING YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:48 PM »

To tiard to post a real report right now. As always I can not get in OCD. I have been on or waiting on a grayhound bus for almost 24 hours. With the holiday they told me there was nothing they could do.

I also did not sleep and attempted to work today. I am fixing to go to bed.

Shannon

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 07:50:11 AM »

From the Clayboard

KISSED BY CLAY IN ATLANTA

by Debbie Conner

My daughter had the thrill of a lifetime at Clay's Saturday, December 18 performance in Atlanta. I was able to get two tickets for us in the main orchestra section, seat H3 and seat J3—exactly one row apart (no row "I"). My daughter sat in front of me, and I made friends with the wonderful ladies to my left—a Clay fan immediately to my left and her daughter, close to my age, who brought her mother to the concert. The daughter was told by an usher that the night before, Clay came down our side and danced with a girl just about on our row, who was sitting on the aisle. My daughter, Sarah, was sitting in the third seat in, and we knew Clay wouldn't pick somebody that far over. We told Sarah that once "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" started, if Clay seemed to be heading our way, she was to leave her seat and come back and kneel in front of the daughter, who was sitting on the aisle. Of course you all know that Clay looked and sounded wonderful, and we were thrilled every second of the concert, especially when the music started for "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve." I nudged Sarah, and she hesitated, but once Clay clearly started coming off the stage, she made her move. There were tons of security guards on our side, including Clay's body guard, and an older gentleman moved to stand between Sarah and Clay, blocking her view. The Clay fan's daughter told him, "I promise you, she's not going anywhere, and she's not going to jump him." The guard moved out of the way a little, as Clay was singing to a little girl a row in front of where Sarah had been sitting. The little girl was putting her hands over her face and acting really shy—she was so cute—and Clay sang one verse to her and stood up to continue in our direction.

My heart was pounding, and he stopped right in front of my daughter, kneeled down, and sang the rest of the song to her. When it was done, he kissed her on the cheek and went out one of the side entrances. I was sobbing the whole time, and I didn't stop until probably the song after that. Let me tell you why. Sarah is exactly the kind of child Clay would have chosen to sing to if he had known who he was choosing. She's 14—going to be 15 in March. Exactly one week after her birthday last March, we became aware that she was having seizures. Her grades plummeted from straight A's to some D's on tests and assignments as she had a couple of dozen grand mal seizures over the course of a couple of months. She still managed A's for the year, but only because her grades had been so high before the seizures started. She couldn't concentrate and couldn't remember anything. A couple of weeks after finishing a project on sonnets, she asked me, "Mom, what's a sonnet?" I cried many times every day. She was put on a medicine that gave her bad "brain fog." Her baby sister (my sixth child) was born, and once she went on her medicine, she didn't hold Stephanie any more like she had when she was born. I kept asking where my oldest daughter went—Sarah seemed totally different. High school started, and she had to be switched off that medicine and onto another one, since she couldn't think and couldn't concentrate and had no motivation and had lost 15 pounds. She hasn't had a grand mal seizure since July, but every day she has the feeling like she gets when a seizure is coming, and now she has a bad tremor in her right hand. The bad grades continued—she currently has a "D" in history, and probably an "F" in algebra. She spent five days in November in the hospital for seizure monitoring, and they found out that even when she's not having one of her seizure feelings, there is constant irregular electrical activity in one part of her brain. It's in an area where she had four surgeries before the age of 4. She missed school for several days, and when she went back, she was behind, and her grades were down even more. She's supposed to be entitled to 504 (disability) services from the school, but we can't get the school system representative to come out and tell us what kind of accommodations can be made for her.

So I decided to try to get tickets to Clay's concert to give her something really happy to cheer her up. We both adore Clay (my husband doesn't get it) because of his beautiful voice, his goodness and wholesomeness, his quirky sense of humor, his intelligence, his love of people and especially children with needs, and let's face it, the fact that he is just plain beautiful. I know all of you get it. I finally snagged two seats—not together, but she was sitting, like I said, just in front of me. And after blessing us with those two seats, the Lord put us next to the two women who helped me get her on that aisle for Clay to come and sing to. We were extremely blessed, and Sarah acknowledged that as we walked back to our car. She said the experience reminded her that her Heavenly Father WAS watching out for her.

I left feeling like I really had not paid enough to attend that concert. You just can't pay money for something like that, and you can't arrange it, either. My daughter was thrilled beyond words, and she said, "You know, Mom, I've put up with a lot the past few months, but this makes up for it." She wrote in her journal as soon as we got home and labeled it "The best Christmas present EVER!!!"

If you're out there reading this, Clay, thank you. I doubt you noticed the sobbing mother of the beautiful girl in glasses that you sang to, but I noticed you, and I will never forget what you did for my daughter. You absolutely helped to ease this most difficult year of her life and give her a much better Christmas than she would have had. She said she was too shy to look into your eyes very much, and she regrets that she was that shy, but she treasures the memory. You have the voice and the heart of an angel, and that's exactly what one child with epilepsy needed at this exact time of her life. Words can't express my gratitude, but that's all I have. Thank you!  
jj
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 07:29:37 PM »

I WAS BLESSED WITH A WONDERFUL LONG WEEKEND OF CLAY AND CLAYMANIACS. WAITING ON THIS WEEKEND WAS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT KEPT ME MOTIVATED THROUGH A VERY ROUGH TIME IN MY LIFE AND IT WAS JUST MORE WONDERFUL THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. MY WEEKEND STARTED ON THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN HUBBY AND I PICKED UP SHANNON ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE BUS STATION. MY FIRST CLAYMANIAC WITH A FACE. IT WAS AS IF WE HAD KNOW EACH OTHER FOR A LONG TIME AND WE TALKED ALL THE WAY HOME. SHANNON SPENT THURSDAY NIGHT WITH US AND THEN WE GOT UP FRIDAY MORNING AND DROPPED HER AT THE SHERATON HOTEL ON THE WAY TO THE AIRPORT TO PICK UP COLLEEN AND BOZENA. THEY WERE WAITING ON US RIGHT WHERE WE EXPECTED THEM. I HAD SIGN THAT SAID "CLAYMANIAC ON BOARD." AGAIN IT WAS LIKE I ALREADY KNEW THESE TWO AND WE IMMEDIATELY TALKED LIKE FRIENDS FOR YEARS. WE DROPPED COLLEEN AT THE SHERATON AS SHE WAS ROOMING WITH SHANNON AND BOZENA WAS SPENDING THE WEEKEND WITH US. WE DROVE BACK TO THE HOUSE. HUBBY AND I HAD TO TAKE HIS CAR TO THE SHOP AS IT DECIDED TO ACT UP ON THIS VERY IMPORTANT WEEKEND. BOZENA SETTLED IN HER ROOM. MY SISTER DROVE UP HERE FROM HER HOUSE AND WE ALL GOT DRESSED FOR THE CONCERT. THE FOUR OF US BOZENA, MY SISTER, HUBBY AND I, WERE MEETING SEVERAL FOR DINNER BEFORE THE CONCERT. THERE WAS A RESTAURANT ACROSS FROM THE SYMPHONY CENTER AND NEXT TO THE HOTEL THAT WE ALL MET AT. WE ENDED UP WITH THEA AND HUBBY, CASSIE AND HUBBY, COLLEEN, SHANNON,DALE, DEE, SUSAN CINDY AND HUBBY, AND ANOTHER COUPLE THAT THEA MET, AND ANOTHER CLAYFAN THAT SUSAN BROUGHT. SUSAN, CINDY, AND CASSIE ARE ALL CLAYMANIACS THAT LIVE HERE IN THE AREA. AFTER A GREAT DINNER AND LOTS OF SHARING WE WALKED ACROSS TO THE VENUE. MY SISTER, BOZENA, HUBBY AND I HAD SEATS IN THE FOURTH ROW OF THE ORCHESTRA. I HAD NEVER BEEN SO CLOSE TO CLAY. THE CONCERT WAS FANTASTIC. CLAY WAS PERFECT AND I NEVER WANTED IT TO END. HE CAME DOWN THE AISLE NEXT TO OUR SIDE AND SANG TO A LITTLE GIRL AND DANCED WITH A LADY. WE WERE ALL SO JEALOUS. IT ENDED TOO QUICKLY, BUT I KNEW I WOULD BE BACK THE NEXT DAY FOR ANOTHER TOUCH OF HEAVEN. AFTER IT ENDED SEVERAL OF US WENT BACK TO THE RESTAURANT FOR DESERT. WE PARTED AND SAID OUR GOODBYES TO THOSE GOING HOME. WE GOT HOME LATE AND HEADED TO BED.
ON SATURDAY MORNING WE GOT UP AND GOT DRESSED AS WE WERE MEETING SOME FOR LUNCH. WE WENT TO A PLACE ON PEACHTREE CALLED THE BEAR ROCK CAFE. HERE WE HAD BOZENA, HUBBY AND I, COLLEEN, CASSIE AND HUBBY, ANDREA AND HUBBY, DALE, DEE, AND I THINK THAT IS ALL. AFTER LUNCH IT WAS TIME FOR THE AFTERNOON DELIGHT!!!! AGAIN BOZENA, HUBBY AND I HAD FOURTH ROW SEATS, BUT THIS TIME WE WERE CLOSER TO THE END. CLAY WAS DRESSED FOR BOTH HALVES IN A COAT AND BOZENA ACTUALLY YELLED ALITTLE WHEN HE CAME OUT IN THE BEGINNING. WE ALSO TALKED TO JEROME BEFORE THE CONCERT TOO. BOZENA GOT PERMISSION FOR EVELYN TO BAKE CLAY SOME PASTRIES AND JEROME SAID HE WOULD GIVE TO CLAY. AGAIN THE VOICE OF AN ANGEL AND I FELT LIKE I WAS ON CLOUD NINE. WHEN HE CAME DOWN INTO THE AUDIENCE HE WAS SO CLOSE I COULD SEE THOSE BEAUTIFUL FLUFFY EYELASHES OF HIS. WHEN HE SANG GOOD NEWS AT THE END I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN A PART OF CLAY THAT I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE AND IT WAS AMAZING. IT WAS MUCH SADDER TO LEAVE THIS TIME AS I KNEW IT WOULD BE A LONG TIME BEFORE I COULD GET THAT CLOSE TO CLAY AGAIN. I LOVED THESE CONCERTS BECAUSE I FELT SO CLOSE TO CLAY AND I COULD JUST ENJOY THAT BEAUTIFUL VOICE. AFTER THE CONCERT, ADREA AND HUBBY, COLLEEN, SHANNON, BOZENA, AND HUBBY AND I HAD DINNER TOGETHER BEFORE WE SAID OUR SAD GOOD BYES. I LOVED EACH OF THE CLAYMANIACS I MET AND CANNOT WAIT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH THEM. BOZENA CAME HOME WITH US AND WE TALKED AND SHARED PICTURES UNTIL MIDNIGHT. ON SUNDAY MORNING WE ALL SLEPT IN FOR AWHILE. WE WENT OUT FOR LUNCH AND THEN WE DROVE BOZENA TO THE AIRPORT. I WAS SO SAD TO SAY GOODBYE, BUT SHE SAID SHE WOULD COME BACK TO SEE ME AGAIN. HUBBY AND I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF OUR WEEKEND WITH EACH OF THESE SPECIAL PEOPLE. THANK YOU TO EACH OF THEM FOR A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
WE WERE 4 ROWS IN FRONT OF THE YOUNG LADY THAT RECEIVED THE KISS FROM CLAY. WE COULD SEE IT ALL. HE IS SO WONDERFUL TO HIS FANS. WE DO LOVE HIM SO. I HAVE BEEN CHANGED BY THIS YOUNG MAN CALLED CLAY AND IT IS FOR THE BETTER THAT I HAVE BEEN CHANGED. THANK YOU CLAY AIKEN!!!! JJ- JOYCE
HOUSTONCLAYFAN- COLLEEN
ILOVETOWRITE- SHANNON
CLAYDEVOTEE-THEA
CASSMS-CASSIE
CAB-CINDY
GAGRAN-SUSAN
CLAYMATEFL-DALE
KENDALL-DEE
BOZENA-BOZENA
FLAKY- ANDREA
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 08:31:47 PM »

Quote from: gcramsey
The nice “Clay-mate” next to me must have thought that since I was a guy, I didn’t know anything about Clay or his fans. Ha Ha! She proceeds to tell me that some people even bring their phones to give other people a “Cell-cert”. While she is telling me this I am getting my cell phone out and I tell her that I’m calling a girl in Raleigh.

HA!  People should know better by now.  Wink
Quote from: flakenforaikeninFL
ANYWAY, THE CONCERT WAS AWESOME. IT WAS EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL. THE ACOUSTICS, THE SYPHONY ORCHESTRA, THE VENUE, THE BACKDROPS, THE PRESENTATION WERE AWESOME ECT. CLAY WAS SO UNBELIEVABLE. HE WAS PERFECT.

You know what?  It occurs to me that everyone involved with creating this show has had somewhat limited "show biz" experience, and they really did a bang up job considering that.  Clay, Nick, Amber, John, Ashley; the people listed in the tour book are relatively new in the business and they all deserve big kudos for pulling off a lovely, entertaining, well planned production.  Bravo to them.
Quote from: Ilovetowrite
I have been on or waiting on a grayhound bus for almost 24 hours. With the holiday they told me there was nothing they could do.

Shannon sweetie, get some rest!  You can recap later!  
Quote from: jj
WHEN HE SANG GOOD NEWS AT THE END I FELT LIKE I HAD SEEN A PART OF CLAY THAT I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE AND IT WAS AMAZING.

JJ that is so true, and I agree.  It was very dramatic and there was quite a touching ambience about the staging and the whole performance. It was lovely!

Colleen, thank you for posting that story, that was quite incredible!!

Thank you all for sharing your impressions!
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 07:49:10 AM »

I wanted to let you all know that even thoughI was not able to particpate in all the weekend events, I had just the best time Friday night. I' m sorry that I did not get to meet everyone that attended the Atlanta concerts.

However Friday was a highlight in my rather mudane life.I can't begin to express how wonderful it was to be able to meet and visit with other Clay fans.

THE BEAUTIFUL MAN WITH THE MAGNIFICENT VOICE !!! I am still trying to absorb that I actually saw him in person after all these months of wishing. I am constantaly replaying my" Clay Experience" in my mind.

I am not depressed as many folk seem to be after these concerts. After all these months of being unhappy and frustrated about not seeing Clay in person. I am at peace and so content with my experience.

I hope that the " Georgia Gang" can keep in touch and be ready for the next appearence or concert.

gagran

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx