gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DEC 22 PITTSBURGH HEINZ HALL FAN REVIEWS  (Read 2716 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 05, 2004, 09:15:07 PM »

OFFICIAL THREAD!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 06:33:37 AM »

This is also posted in the OCD, but I figured I would post it here as well.

What a day this has been!! I was originally supposed to have my wisdom teeth removed today, but I didn’t feel well yesterday so I rescheduled the appointment. I truly believe I was meant to feel sick yesterday so that I could go to the concert tonight. My ticket ended up being about 10 rows back on the left side and my seat was right on the aisle. Tonight was a night of firsts – my first concert alone, my first time being able to clearly see Clay’s face and my first time meeting other Clay fans.

The two women who sold me the ticket were absolutely wonderful!! We met at the will call around 5 p.m. to exchange tickets and money. Since I was all alone, they invited me to have dinner with them. They were great company and we talked non-stop about Clay, of course. We ate at Max and Ermas and the food was delicious! Our poor waitress was just a tad bit frazzled … we asked for more napkins and she replied, “We’re out of napkins and I wish I were joking.” Poor thing!

Onto the venue. The lady beside me had not been to the JNT before and I was anxious to see her reaction. As the lights went out the crowd went nuts! Then we heard his voice singing “The Music of Christmas.” I was nearly jumping out my seat!!!! I’m not exactly sure what he was wearing, but he looks cute no matter what. He had on grey pants and tennis shoes with a green sweater. The sweater was definitely interesting … it had one yellow cuff and one pink cuff … with yellow around the bottom. Of course, there was a collared shirt underneath. During “Winter Wonderland” he did this little skipping dance. He was adorable! He later promised to never do it again … the crowd groaned. Hahaha! During “What Are You Doing New Years Eve” he danced with a woman in the first row (at intermission my friends told me she was in the restaurant before the show), sang to another lady and kissed the cheek of a woman in a wheelchair. Intermission came before I knew it!

The second half is by far the best! He gave me chills during “Oh Holy Night.” Evidentially I wasn’t the only one. There were plenty of people, including myself, giving him a standing ovation. When he hit that glory note in “Mary, Did You Know,” the crowd was silent. It was as if we were all in a trance … a glorious trance. He didn’t “try” to play the piano before “I’ll Be Home For Christmas,” but he did talk about how his Granny will probably make a request this weekend. Right before “Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day” they talked about their New Years resolutions. Everyone seemed surprised when Clay said he had one … to give up control more often. Little did we know that it was a segway into something wonderful! He asked for Ryan to stand up and come down front. Ryan was sitting behind me and I followed him with my eyes as he walked down front. Clay was there to greet him and I nearly lost my breath – he was so close. Ryan proposed to his girlfriend right then and there. The poor guy was so nervous! I was afraid he wasn’t going to be able to spit it out. What a wonderful boyfriend he is!

Afterward, Clay made his way back to the stage and began the song. He hit every note – especially that all important one at the end. Amazing! Truly amazing! I just kept shaking my head. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing. There was a little girl in front of me with her father and I asked her after the show what she thought. She said this was her first Clay show and she loved it. Her father and I agreed that this was a special night for her. What a gift he has and I am so thankful God has given him the ability to share it. I will never forget this night!! I hope everyone else had a great experience like I did.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Just Someone...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 09:09:06 PM »

i have never posted anywhere on this board before, but i'm always around here reading and checking up on things. however, after last night, i have to post something here.

this post may upset you guys as it is kind of depressing, so if it does i just want to say that i am sorry in advance.

ok.. here goes..

im a 22 year old girl, my name is amber.

i had bought a ticket to clays concert the day the tickets went on sale. i tried to get as close to the stage as possible.. i called as soon as tickets went on sale, but i couldnt get through for a half an hour and i was having no luck on heinz halls website either. but.. i got a ticket to a sold out show 21 rows back from the stage and i was happy. of course i was going to go alone, but i was ok with that because I WAS GOING TO SEE CLAY. i have been a fan of his ever since i saw/heard him on american idol.

at the end of august, we had to put our 9 and a half year old golden retriever mandy to sleep. tomorrow, christmas eve, will be four months to the day.  i was there when she took her last breath.. my mom and i. do i have guilt.. oh ya.. it is there always!.. we got a new little golden a few weeks after our loss because the house was too quiet and i was just lonely. we all were. for me, it was hard not having anyone follow me around the house or go buh byes with me in the car or sleep with me in my bed. our new puppy's name is chloe and of course i love her but its not the same...

after all this, it wasnt even a month after losing my dog, my best friend committed suicide. i had no idea it was going to happen or that things were getting so bad. you see.. he was only an online friend but he was so  much more. we were best friends and like brother and sister for 3 years. we knew each others heart and one day we were going to go and see celine dion in vegas as it was something we both wanted dearly. i loved him.. he was my best friend.. we talked every night. i met him from a message board. i know a lot of people dont believe or approve of online friends, but to me.. he was my best friend. better then any friend ive ever had *here* with me.

these last three months have been nothing short of horrible for me. i am sad and miserable all the time and im very depressed and full of guilt. i dont want to be happy and i feel like i deserve nothing.

i am a huge clay fan.. a huge music fan, and i never even went out to buy clay's  christmas cd when it was released. i was not going to go to the concert last night either. ive just been hurting too much and i just didnt feel like going. that tells you right there that i am really not doing good. i mean.. to not want to bother to go to a clay concert...  and his cd has been our for how long and i still didnt have it.. :(

i know this post is depressing and im very sorry, but it will get better now i promise.

when clay came out onto the stage last night and the show began, i eased up a little. as it went on i was even screaming for him and clapping so hard that my hands hurt. i mean.. for those of you who were there.. how could i/we not. it was amazing.. nothing short of amazing and i am glad i pushed myself to go.

his sweet and funny personality and just his presence took all of my pain away and just let me forget for a while. i had a hard time when the one singer sang 'sending you a little christmas', but other then that.. what a treat and what a joy it was for me to be able to live for one night.

during intermission i tried asking ushers if there was anyway i could get to go backstage and talk to clay for just 2 minutes. i was crying some explaining my situation, but it didnt really help cause they couldnt do anything. i would have loved to got to meet him and tell him how much happiness he brought to me and i would have died to give him a hug and just tell him thank you.

the concert was so incredible. everything about it was perfect. all the music, the 3 back up singers solos (they were amazing, i loved all their voices), the lighting, the surround sound.. it was just great. and the man that proposed to his girlfriend.. how sweet was that and how totally lucky were they!!! and also the woman who got to dance with clay. oh i was so jealous.. especially after she got a kiss.. hehe

when the concert was over, i talked to someone who was in the back of the hall working the sound system i guess?? he had a crew tag around his neck, so i figured he could maybe help me. i told him that i wasnt gonna ask to see clay cause i knew it wouldnt happen but i asked  for him to give clay a message from me. i explained to him through some tears the effect the night had had on me and why. he told me he would give clay my message and i really hope he did.

[CLAY... I KNOW IT'S A CHANCE OF NEXT TO NOTHING, BUT IF YOU EVER COME BY HERE AND SEE THIS.. THANK YOU! FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, THANK YOU. YOU EASED MY PAIN AND BROUGHT A LITTLE BIT OF CHRISTMAS INTO MY HEART.]

on a lighter note.. i went out and bought clays christmas cd tonight. it is really good, but it is nothing like last night. the live experience and all the songs that were done and just hearing and feeling him around me.. i will never forget it!

i just wish i could have got some pictures or been able to record the show. i just want to relive it again and again.

merry christmas to all of you!

Amber
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 05:02:32 PM »

The concert was absolutely wonderful.  I had heard Clay had been having problem with his voice for over a month, but it sure seemed like he must have been all better, because I don't think I heard him sing one bad note.  He actually sounded better in person than on the CD's or on the TV shows I had seen him.  He seemed confident and comfortable and quite the entertainer.  My seat was in the second row, center section.  I only wish I could have taken some pictures to preserve the moment.

I won't go into all the details, because anyone who has been to one of the JNT shows knows how wonderful it was.  I sat near or talked to various fans who had been to 4, 10, 12, even 19 of his concerts.  I'm not in a position to be able to do that, but after seeing him in person, I can under-stand why they do it.  After the concert, I got my T-shirt, some other trinkets and went home a very happy women.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:17:31 PM »

Lindsay, thank you for posting your concert experience here. Let's see...wisdom tooth?...Clay?....wisdom tooth?....Clay? You made the right choice! Glad you got to go!

Amber, I'm so very sorry about your dog and especially about your friend. The beautiful thing about beautiful music is that it really does help seperate us from our pain, even if for a short while. Clay's voice has that power for so many people; I'm very glad he helped you to feel happy even for a night. I'm sure the sound tech passed on your message to Clay, and that he knows how he touched you that night. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Guest, he really does sound amazing in person, doesn't he? Let's just hope 'they' find a way to capture that magic on the next CD. Glad you had a good time!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 04:12:14 PM »

Quote from: Pamela
Lindsay, thank you for posting your concert experience here. Let's see...wisdom tooth?...Clay?....wisdom tooth?....Clay? You made the right choice! Glad you got to go!

It was such a hard choice! That was my Christmas present to myself.  

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx