gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 367
Total: 367

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Girl: Clay a No Show? Thank Goodness!  (Read 4655 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 03, 2004, 11:06:01 AM »

Clay a No Show?  Thank Goodness!

by California Girl

I taped the Radio Music Awards show so that I could preserve the two or three minutes that I thought they might allow Clay Aiken, and began to watch the show anyway, hoping to see some good talent.

Without reservation, I must say the Radio Music Awards  was probably the worst piece of garbage I have seen on television this year. Starting with Beyonce's opening undulating number (one of her cohorts actually stroked her crotch area), to something called Chingy, my skin absolutely crawled with visions of a country condemned to musical hell.

If these are the examples of what radio is pushing (and I mean pushing) these days, then I think I'll just have to toss my radio out the window.

Carson Daly with Ashless Simpson (her laughing and giggling was a wrench on my nerves) discussing her SNL lip-sync screw-up was as insulting as it gets, and when decent artists allow themselves to associate with the trash set, they turn into trash as well. Is there no such thing as having discrimination, or any sense of pride?

Most of the artists(?) sang lyrics that were indecipherable, and wore outfits that were not fit to be seen in decent company. The hip lunges were performed with equal lewdness on the part of both genders, and seemed to be all that consisted of what they considered to be 'choreography.'  To say that I was appalled is probably the understatement of the year.

And to wrap this entire fiasco into one stricken and disgusted critique, the final insult was staggering...giving their highest award to Janet Jackson, whose greatest claim to fame recently was the exposure of her breast on national television, making her the all-time publicity-crazed diva(?) of the year.

Thank God I taped the show, and with rubber-gloved hands I will toss the tape into my local dumpsite, with the hope that it doesn't release world contamination because of it's toxic contents.

Now here goes...first I'll unplug  the cord and now I'll open the window... and there goes that f*%@!!*#(&^radio...

We know where the wonderful music and great artists are, and we don't need radio to hear them.

Thank you, Clay, for not being on that show.

Now, let's see, your book comes out around November 16, and then you'll be presenting at the American Music Awards, and there's the Larry King thing...oh! we should be getting your Christmas CD then, and I must watch you on Regis and Kelly, on the Today show, and I'll be there in the flesh for your Joyful Noise Tour performance at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, which happens to be practically in my backyard... your CD release party...the Tonight show...oh wow, I almost forgot, your very own Christmas Special on television, starring...guess who? Clay Aiken, of course.

Radio? I think that was something people listened to back in the days of Milli Vanilli and Ashlee Simpson, and Britney Spears.

And with my radio sitting on that trash heap, I've got more room now for my Clay Aiken CDs.

Now that's progress!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 by California Girl.  Printed with the permission of the writer.
invisiblemay
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 01:02:35 PM »

I applaude you for the insightful observation you have made about the RMA. I would have "cringed" if I thought Clay would have had to be there and be bombarded with bad taste and lack of civility. He does not need this.
 I felt that after hearing "Proud of Your Boy" his fans should be less fearful that his stardom would't last. That redition of that beautiful song, to me, was the platform that catapulted Clay into superstardom. I can't say he no longer needs us for what would I do without this obsession? I can say that his future is secure.....& with the support of the nation he has a most incredible future as a role model and a STAR.
ClayUjustR
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 11:25:01 AM »

Well said!!! :claps
SR luvs Love CLAY
insurancewizard
rma
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 04:14:19 AM »

I'm so glad someone said exactly what i was feeling. I too taped - and destroyed - the tape of that show. Thank God my granddaughter had to go to bed and couldnt stay up and watch for Clay. The whole show was appalling.

thank you for speaking out.
Claytime
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 07:47:38 AM »

Thier highest award went to Janet Jackson???? :shocked  sad   :ill   Puke

Clay has to much class to make an appearance on such a filthy   show.  

Thank You, Clay and thanks to the writer of this article for saying what we here think and feel about the whole thing.
lovin_clay_in_pa
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 11:29:22 AM »

Thanks for the comments on the RMA's. I was listening to SOLITAIRE when I was reading your messages. Clay is CLASS, and doesn't belong on Trash TV.

--Lynn
Pittsburgh PA
lynmar64@hotmail.com
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 09:32:01 PM »

Well said! I am looking forward to the AMA's where OMC can shine!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx