gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lin Eyman: Clay Opens The Heart  (Read 3505 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: November 01, 2004, 03:29:35 PM »

Clay Opens the Heart

by Lin Eyman

I heard Mary Did You Know for the first time Friday, Oct 30. The Target near me finally put out their Christmas CDs. I’ve been eagerly waiting since I first heard of it. I had read all the gushing about the song, feeling a bit “wait and see.” Claymates tend to think anything Clay does is wonderful. I’d reserve judgment till I heard it for myself.

I put it in the car CD player and those smooth, buttery tones came out and I got lost in his voice. I felt the wonder of it; the glorious miracle of this man, this voice. This is, to me, the most beautiful song Clay has sung thus far. MOAM and Solitaire are glorious, but there is something more in this song.

You can hear the love in his voice. You can feel his gratitude for being gifted with a voice to express that love. You can sense the awe he feels at being able to share that love with so many. That incredible love is there for us to let in.

You don’t have to share Clay’s beliefs to be touched deeply by the depth of his spiritual connection. How he hugs his faith to him unashamedly is part of what makes him the fine man he is. One who has enhanced my life to a level I never would have believed possible.

MDYK opens my heart wider. Opens it to love. Somehow listening to this song fills me with love’s possibilities. When someone loves as much as Clay does in this song and in his life, that love cannot be contained, but spills out for all of us to allow in as we choose to.

When Clay sings MDYK I can feel love surrounding my heart, smoothing some of the rough edges from the scars of past pains.

Clay and I share the pain of offering our bountiful love to a parent who wouldn’t or couldn’t accept it. It partly explains why we find it so astonishing when we are loved beyond what we think is deserved or earned. For Clay, the grand scale of that love being returned to him makes it that much more astonishing and constantly fills him with wonder. Our love being accepted and returned is a miracle to us, never to be taken for granted. As I listen to MDYK over and over, I can feel a hope being born. Maybe it really is safe to offer my love up again…maybe my love won’t be rejected this time as it was in the past.

MDYK is going to have great impact as it gets heard more and more. I believe no one will be able to hear this song and not be touched by it. I am so hoping he sings it on tour and does it on his Christmas special. We all melt at the look on Clay’s face when he looks at or sings to a child. You know that look will be there in spades for this song. Hearing and seeing this will open all who witness it to the incredible love and hope Clay Aiken personifies.

I have been changed in many ways since Clay and we began this journey together. This song has changed me yet again. Many thanks and much love goes out to the wonderful Clay Aiken for the joy, the tears, the fun, the way he touches my soul.

Clay is not perfect, but he's just right!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 by Lin Eyman.  Printed with the permission of the writer. Write to Lin at lineyman@verizon.net
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:08:39 PM »

What a beautiful review.....it's my new favorite song that he sings....probably the the best one musically and one he really gets into...just wonderful!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx