gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 281
Total: 281

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK OCTOBER 27  (Read 4734 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: October 27, 2004, 03:00:18 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!!! wave

GO HERE FOR THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD AN EXCERPT OF CLAY READING FROM HIS NEW BOOK.

Please don't post any spoilers here. Please take any comments to the Book Thread  in the Member's Corner.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 03:03:34 AM »

GO HERE FOR ANOTHER PHOTO ESSAY TITLED:
The Voice and Totality of Goodness of Clay Aiken Day: Brianna, Clay's Favorite Singer

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 03:04:47 AM »

Yes, Clay will play

In case there was any doubt the Clay Nation still is going strong, I received an e-mail from a reader letting us know Clay Aiken does, indeed, have a Michigan tour stop on his upcoming The Joyful Noise Tour. In Sunday's Namedropping column in The Press, we reported the five-week Christmas tour did not stop "in the area."

The show is at 8 p.m. Dec. 23 in the Masonic Temple in Detroit; it will feature the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. According to the Pollstar magazine Web site, www.pollstar.com, it is the final stop on the five-week tour that will commence Nov. 21 in Pasadena, Calif.

"I would like to see Mr. Aiken sell a lot a tickets to the concert (my husband and I already have ours) and would love if something could be in The Press to this regard. It is going to be awesome," e-mailed the Aiken fan.

Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster.

MLIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 03:09:56 AM »

Fair goes fast
Little remains of fair that saw second-largest crowd: more than 830,000
By KRISTIN COLLINS, Staff Writer

Tiny Tim didn't know the State Fair was over. The so-called "World's Smallest Horse" was still parked on the Raleigh fairgrounds Monday afternoon, munching lazily on hay -- oblivious that all around him, the remnants of this year's fair were disappearing at a breathtaking pace.

The Ferris wheel was in pieces. The coveted stuffed animals had already moved on to other towns. There was not a corn dog to be had.

The 2004 State Fair, which closed Sunday after a 10-day run, drew the second-largest crowd in history: 836,319 people. And Reithoffer Shows, the Florida company that ran the midway, paid the state $4.2 million, the second-most money ever.

But as they mopped up Monday, state officials refused to call this year's fair second best.

"We're just ecstatic about how it all turned out," Agriculture Commissioner Britt Cobb said. "It was truly one of the best ever."

It was the biggest ever. The midway was expanded this year, allowing a record-breaking 102 rides, about 20 more than last year. And it boasted the most star power. "American Idol" star Clay Aiken played shows that sold out in nine and 14 minutes, respectively.

The money the fair earned this year will go into making it even bigger. By next year, the midway will be nearly doubled in size. And a new $6.3 million exhibit building will stand on the fairgrounds.

Before state officials can do that, they must get rid of the smelly remnants of another successful State Fair: the piles of smashed french fries, half-eaten corncobs and discarded soda cups left when the rides pull out.

Judging by the view from Tiny Tim's trailer, they have a lot of work to do.

NEWSOBSERVER

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 03:13:56 AM »

State Fair not what it used to be
Posted: 10.26.2004
Heather Cutchin

Somewhere in the bigger-than-ever Midway, the multitude of fried everything and the absolutely ridiculous traffic is the tiny amount of actual agriculture left at the N.C. State Fair, which is what it started out mostly being. While you still can find the cows, horses, goats, sheep, and the whole poultry building, they are often pushed to the sides and mostly forgotten about. People spend all of their money riding a thirty-second ride instead of not spending money at all and taking thirty minutes to teach their kids where hamburgers really come from.

Agriculture Commissioner Britt Cobb claimed, "The 2004 State Fair is chock full of food, rides, competitions and entertainment for the whole family. We're inviting everyone to come on down and help us celebrate N.C. agriculture."

I can see how food and most competitions are agriculturally related, but the rides and entertainment? How is Clay Aiken a part of agriculture? And why did we spend $20,000 on him? (snip)

The State Fair would have been better off directing money from the Clay Aiken concert and the larger Midway to providing more agricultural exhibits. This does not mean less people would go to the fair, it means people would get more out of the fair than a upset tummy from fried Twinkies and a completely empty wallet. Not just kids enjoy the animals either.

When I worked at the Chick Booth last year that the Poultry Science Club puts on, many adults of all ages would reminisce about "when they were younger, they had a yard full of chickens!" and how "kids these days do not know anything about real farming." More adults would rather walk through exhibits and pet the animals than ride the rides. So why not make the fair more fun for adults by giving them more to do?

Also, having more activities for the handicapped folks to do involving agriculture would be good. There are a lot of people that cannot ride any fair rides because of various reasons, and their little portion of fun times at the fair gets smaller every year. Why not devote some time and energy into showing the aspects of agriculture that people with handicaps regularly engage in? Or towards rides that are designed for people that cannot ride the regular fair rides, but are not the dorky little kiddie rides either.

The best use for the money that went to Clay Aiken and the extended Midway would have been better parking, or at least a better parking arrangement.

All of the folks at the College of Veterinary Medicine had to deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic almost every hour of the day trying to get in and out of the school. Hillsborough Street and Blue Ridge Road were a mess, and there were never enough parking spaces anywhere. If there had been other parking lots around Raleigh that offered the free park and ride, the traffic situation would have been much alleviated.

All in all, a person can still have a reasonably good time and blow a good chunk of money at the N.C. State Fair. There are several agricultural exhibits out there, but I still do not think there are enough. I am sure there are lots of people out there wishing to do away with all of the animals and other agricultural stuff at the fair and just have more rides. To them I quote the Collegiate FFA T-shirt: "Naked and Hungry." That's where you would be without agriculture.

TECHICIANONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 03:15:53 AM »

Bringing the A-List to Its Knees
By BERNARD WEINRAUB

Published: October 26, 2004

OS ANGELES, Oct. 25 - Kathy Griffin calls herself a D-list celebrity and is proud of it. Ms. Griffin, a comedian who has a growing audience in clubs, at colleges and on late-night television, said she will probably never rise into the C-list because she offends so many celebrities.(snip)

Ms. Griffin, whose current show on Bravo is even titled "The D-List," frequently appears to sold-out crowds at The Comedy Club in West Hollywood as well as in colleges, and her comedy has made her one of the more controversial performers working today. Even Howard Stern, the radio shock jock, asked Ms. Griffin how she could still work in Hollywood and how she got away with some of her racier comments about the sex lives, silliness and strange behavior of celebrities like Britney Spears ("She's our Liza"), Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Celine Dion, Mel Gibson, Barbra Streisand, Clay Aiken, Whitney Houston, the Olsen twins, Oprah Winfrey and Sharon Stone.

NYTIMES.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 03:29:14 AM »

Good Morning Ms. D!  Thanks for the news.... Gotta go...we're both late this morning!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 03:32:47 AM »

Heads up - Clay's on ET tonight! Thanks to GBB for finding this - and there's video, too:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/music/2004/10/27/clayaikenama/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 27, 2004

CLAY AIKEN has a new gig and partner in comedy -- and ET was on the set with the idol-icious singer as he flexed his funny bone! Watch ET tonight for your complete Aiken fix!

America's favorite crooner is actually joining this year's American Music Awards host JIMMY KIMMEL in some cute promo spots for the show, where the two share some "Laverne & Shirley" like moments.

We caught up with Clay as they shot the promos, where he revealed that the AMA's last year was the very first show he had ever attended. And this year he'll be a presenter: "This will be my first time presenting, I just want to hold the envelope and know just a second before everybody else does (who the winner is)."

Things have not slowed down for Clay, who told us not only does he have a Christmas album that comes out Nov. 16th, but he's hitting the road again for a third tour this year.

"I try my best to stay in touch with RUBEN (STUDDARD)," Clay commented, adding that they talk once a month. He also said he just went and checked out KIMBERLEY LOCKE in concert as well.

Clay and a sea of superstars, including JANET JACKSON, USHER and ALICIA KEYS will be at the AMA's on November 14th. The show airs live from the Shrine auditorium on ABC.]

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 03:33:11 AM »

Good Morning, Buddy!!!

I wouldn't be running sooo late if the World Series would get over before midnight!! argh!  argh!    

I need lots of       to make it through today!!!  Wink Wink

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 03:34:57 AM »

Hope you can snap out of it!

Tonight ET???  Yeah!

I'm listening to "Mary Did you Know"....he is just so, so,....sigh

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 04:24:40 AM »

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Morning everyone!

Can I go crawl back into bed? Can I? Slept okay last night except, grumble the cats had more space on the bed then I did and we're only talking 2 cats!!!! I love having them cuddle but sometimes I'd like to be able to move around at night. LOL.  OY!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com.

Quickie:
The climb will be tougher than you think -- but once you're there, it's all downhill.

Overview:
If you've got a message to deliver, today is definitely the day. It's time to speak or forever hold your peace -- and everyone knows how good you aren't at holding your peace. Strike while the iron is hot, yes?

Daily Extended Forecast:
It's good that you like an active social life, because now you've got what you deserve. You're sliding down a continuous avalanche of friendly faces, good wishes, party invitations and promising dates. Where others would feel overwhelmed, you sit back and enjoy the ride. Keep in mind that fun is recreation, not an occupation. Even as you're having the time of your life, make a deposit in the energy bank for later use on something that will last. In a few days, you'll need to be thinking past the moment.

Daily Flirt:
Do something today that reminds you of being a kid. Play a game from your childhood -- like dodgeball, or hopscotch. It's fun to dust off a rusty skill set. And it's a fun thing to do on a date.

Daily Couples:
Balance macho energies with goofy creativity. Seek pleasure in hanging out together while exploring new pursuits. Take to the skies.

Daily Singles:
Have fun over a game of some kind: pool, bowling, PlayStation, Scruples or whatever turns you on. Watch how your date plays and you'll learn plenty on top of just having fun.

Daily Career and Fianance:
Whatever you do today, you'll have a good time. Even if you're debugging or going over last year's budget, you'll still have the spirit of fun guiding you.
[/quote]

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 04:50:53 AM »

SUNNY CLAY!

Hear Clay’s wonderful interview with Dave and Madison on Sunny 93.9 FM in Raleigh last week - click here for the link. No downloading required!

SUNNY 93.9

Good morning all!  
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 04:56:08 AM »

JOYFUL TOUR!

Just as Kelly Clarkson continues to stay in the forefront of the music business, so does Clay Aiken, the most commercially successful talent to be discovered on FOX television’s popular talent competition “American Idol.”

MP3.TV
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 05:00:50 AM »

NEW STUFF!

Clay Nation News reports that Clay's webstore will soon be featuring a new item - a dated Christmas ornament!

Keep checking the webstore for availability!  GIANT MERCH Super Happy!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2004, 05:10:07 AM »

CALENDAR AVAILABLE FROM B&N

2005 Clay Aiken Wall Calendar

FROM THE PUBLISHER

Once American Idol contestant, now superstar! Clay Aiken has hit the big time with his very own calendar. A must have collector's item, this calendar features an entire year of this rising star. With his summer concert tour, and performances on CBS Early Show , The Tonight Show with Jay Leno , and MTV, Clay continues to impress audiences nationwide, proving he truly is an American Idol.

B & N
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2004, 05:21:03 AM »

Good Morning Deanna and everyone else here so early this morning.  Actually I am pretty late.  Looking forward to seeing Clay tonight on ET.  Something, anything I just need a Clayfix.  Thanks for the info.

Lorraine
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2004, 05:28:42 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
SUNNY CLAY! SUNNY 93.9

I mean clay really did say

I had family who wouldn't spit in my mouth if my teeth were on fire.

How great is that?  

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2004, 07:18:50 AM »

Thansk for all the news of the day.
Did any have trouble seeing the video of Clay and Jimmy kimmel ? I couldn't get it to play.

The ornament    I love it. I want one ! Do you think that they will be selling x-mas related items at the concerts ??????????

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2004, 07:42:39 AM »

I wasn't able to see or view anything either. Normally I can.  Maybe I need more coffee!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2004, 08:16:54 AM »

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=5T4y06IAEa&EAN=828766262223&ITM=1

REVIEWS
Barnes & Noble

With the release of his album of holiday classics, Merry Christmas with Love, American Idol 2003 runner-up Clay Aiken continues to prove he's a champ. The disc includes the original title track, as well as heart warming renditions of "Silent Night," "Joy to the World," and "Winter Wonderland."

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx