gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ashlee Simpson SNL fiasco -- and great Clay comment!  (Read 9291 times)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 09:10:11 AM »

So the truth is out.
All Clay needs to do is sing--he does not need act on how cool he can be--he is cool within himself--he sings with a sincere compassion to please his fans. Clay does not need fireworks or anything fancy to draw us in. Clay we just love you & your beautiful voice.

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004, 09:22:31 AM »

Angela wrote:
Clay does not need fireworks or anything fancy to draw us in. Clay we just love you & your beautiful voice.

AMEN Angela!  

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2004, 09:32:15 AM »

I vote for more Clay on SNL!!!!!      
DITTO!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2004, 10:12:18 AM »

I'VE ALWAYS SAID THAT CLAY IS ONE OF THE FEW PERFORMERS THAT SOUND BETTER LIVE THAN RECORDED.  PLUS, HE'S SUCH A GOOD AB-LIBBER.  WITH HIS QUICK WIT, HE'D GET HIMSELF OUT OF ANY UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATION.  NO NEED TO WORRY WITH OUR CLAY!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2004, 10:21:27 AM »

I DID NOT WATCH SNL BECAUSE OF THE GUESTS...
WE AL KNOW FROMMTHE START "ASHLEE SIMPSON" IS A MANUFACTURED  NO TALENT SINGER...
THEY PAY BIG $$$$  FOR AIR PLAY OF HER SONGS.. ETC....
NOW WE KNOW ...IT REALLY IS ALL  FAKE..

WE WANT MORE CLAY

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:14 AM »

Clay is the man!  I think, if anything, he should host the next SNL show he is on.  Wait until everyone hears his Christmas Special.  I am sure he wouldn’t even allow lip syncing on his show!  I just love that guy!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 11:07:39 AM »

maybe she should have done what Clay DID do with a technical snafu in Chicago from the AI Tour...You stand there, sing and wait for the tecnical issue to be fixed! HE DID NOT MISS A BEAT! He KNEW they could not hear him..he TRIED to get a microphone that DID work!! He just kept going..and at the end- when it did come on..he was RIGHT IN PLACE where he should have been..singing the whole time!

THAT is a professional who had only been doing that a very short time! I have seen the downloads from AI and what a guy!!!

He was ticked, mind you..but he just kept going!

Love the man!

Lora
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 02:15:15 PM »

my husband said "it's milli vanilli all over again!" Not exactly but hello! the show is called Saturday Night LIVE!

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 02:24:03 PM »

Attn All Ashlee Simpson Fans!

This is taken from her website:

Ashlee Simpson will be performing for the upcoming Radio Music Awards, airing live from Las Vegas on NBC October 25 at 9 p.m.

Hope Ashlee has a better night tonight and doesn't walk off stage if something goes wrong.

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 05:19:27 PM »

those DJs saying she has "rocky edge" and "sounded good" are comparing her to others of her ilk and so i'm not surprised they'd say she sounded good.

I agree, AC.  It's the SOUND of the music that is being previewed on MTV that the DJ's/program managers want to put on the radio.    Because radio chooses to play her songs doesn't necessarily mean that they believe she has talent.  What she has is preapproval of the MTV listening auidence!  Her music fits the edgy genre that is popular right now.   She didn't require radio promotion.  The birth of Ashlee's career was already tested out on the MTV viewers, many who believe that if it's on MTV, it's got to be good.  It's COOL to like what you see on MTV.  After all!  

In Ashlee's defense, I think she is a very young, inexperienced, spoiled girl who was falsely led to believe that she has talent as a singer...... misled by the powers that be in the industry (record and TV producers) who are using her as a meal ticket.  Producers capitalized on the popularity of the Simpson name, combined it with the power of MTV, rock music and the brain washable public mind and landed on a gold mine.  I really hope she received enough money from that show to ease the humiliation she must be feeling right now... realizing that she may not have the talent, experience, maturity, work ethic and self confidence required to sustain a music career.   On the other hand, she may be happy as a lark rolling in the dough from her CD sales.  Some people aren't that concerned with the preservation of dignity.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2004, 05:30:53 PM »

SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ASHLEE SIMPSON.

I FOUND THIS ON THE "CLAYDAWG" SITE

Message from Ashlee Simpson to her fans:

Quote:
Thank You! Thanks for sticking by me, thanks for standing up for me, and thanks for understanding. This is a very difficult time for me, and I appreciate that some of you may be confused, or even upset. As I said before: no lip-synching occurred.

HUH? THEN WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT? DENIAL?  shocking
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2004, 05:37:16 PM »

This is from Billboard.com:

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000683447

Update: Simpson 'SNL' Gaffe Blamed On Acid Reflux

If Ashlee Simpson's stomach was upset Saturday night, imagine how she's feeling now. Busted for a "Saturday Night Live" lip-synch gone awry, her manager-father said today (Oct. 25) his 19-year-old daughter used the extra help because acid reflux disease had made her voice hoarse.

"Just like any artist in America, she has a backing track that she pushes so you don't have to hear her croak through a song on national television," Joe Simpson told Ryan Seacrest on Los Angeles radio station KIIS-FM. "No one wants to hear that."

He insisted it would be Ashlee's live voice alone during her appearance on NBC's Radio Music Awards tonight. And he said she's never used the extra help onstage before.

"The whole situation was a bummer," Ashlee said in an interview on MTV's "Total Request Live." Simpson had performed her hit single "Pieces of Me" without incident earlier on "SNL." When she came back a second time, her band started playing and the first lines of her singing "Pieces of Me" could be heard again.

She was holding her microphone at her waist at the time. Simpson looked momentarily confused as the band plowed ahead with the song and the vocal was quickly silenced. A flustered Simpson made some exaggerated hopping dance moves, then walked off the stage.

She told "TRL" that she and her band didn't know what to do. "I think all of us went into a state of shock," she said.

The incident exposed what many consider an obvious secret: that some singers who appear onstage aren't singing live at all, or at least have their voices augmented by backing tracks. And it's happened before on "Saturday Night Live," too, executive producer Lorne Michaels said.

"She was mortified and in her dressing room, but [producer] Marci [Klein] got her to come out for goodnights and explained that it wasn't the end of the world. It wasn't her fault," Michaels said.

"Every artist that I know in this business has had vocal problems at some time -- from Celine [Dion] on down," said Joe Simpson. "So you've got to do what you've got to do."

He said it was his decision to use the tapes when it became apparent that acid reflux disease had swollen Ashlee's vocal cords. After consulting Wayne Newton's doctor, she received a cortisone shot to get her ready for the Radio Music Awards, he said.

It was the band's drummer who pushed the wrong button onstage, he said. Michaels corroborated that, adding, "If she were a more seasoned performer then I think that she would've taken charge and said, 'No, let's start this over again.'"

The message board on Ashlee's official Web site has become a battleground where her staunch fans are fighting to defend her from an onslaught of thousands of negative, even vicious posts.

Amidst the often-vulgar posts in the site's "open forum" is a quote lifted from a Lucky magazine interview where she was asked about lip-synching. "I'm totally against it and offended by it," she said. "I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2004, 05:39:58 PM »

I would only care about Ashlee if I were a fan of hers.  I'm not, so I don't care if she was lip syncing or not.  I will not bash her because it annoys me when people who don't like Clay bash him just because they find something that they think they can bash him for.

Clay has made mistakes too and it only makes me realize, that like the rest of us....amazingly enough...he is only human (hard to believe sometimes!!)

I'm sure Ashlee is devastated enough by what has happened.  Like I said, I am not a fan of hers, but I feel a little bit bad for her.

Anyway...that's just my opinion.  Sorry...I'm in a lousy mood tonight!!!!  Clay BETTER be on this awards show tonight!!!

Have a GREAT Clay Day!

Cindy

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2004, 06:29:49 PM »

Well...she's full of crap. Basically. She messed up, she just can't accept it.

Oh well.

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2004, 05:17:33 PM »

I thought it was hillarious.  I think Ashlee is a little weird (although, i do admit to owning her cd...go ahead....boo and hiss)

however i really think that everyone is making WAY to big of a deal out of it.  i mean, c'mon, does she REALLY need to be on the today show? goodness....

almost every artist has lip synced, she just got caught.

all i can say is, at leas twe can always count on clay not to do that.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2004, 07:22:55 PM »

Quote from: wil555
Well...she's full of crap. Basically. She messed up, she just can't accept it.

Oh well.

Lol! Greg, You're hilarious!!!!  lmao

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Claytime
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2004, 10:02:50 AM »

What kind of entertainers are we producing that run off stage at the first sign of trouble!?!? I recall being at a Randy Travis (country singer) concert last summer and after starting the 4th song, there is no volume in his mic. What a true performer he started talking to the audience, telling jokes and playing impromptu music with his band. All the while making light of the situation. After a good 5-10 minutes they got the mic working again and he continued by giving an awesome concert. perhaps instead of looking for pretty faces, good dancers and good media makers we should look for talent.

I was at the AI2 concert in Chicago when Clay's microphone didn't work for the first half of TITN.  Like a real gentleman and performer, when he was handed a new microphone he finished out the last half of the song.  Then afterwards he joked to the audience that the first part of the song was off tune anyway.  I just love this guy!  
Clay is so conscientous about giving his fans his absolute best and is honest about when he isn't feeling well.  Yet, he still puts his all into every performance and always shines like a true talent and star.  Clay is for REAL.  He has won the admiration of many other top performers and the ones who diss him seem to be the very ones who have no talent.  Go figure.

Ashley Simpson's band should be insulted by the way she acted.  Instead of apologizing, she blames them like the true immature childish brat she has revealed herself as being to everyone.  Instead of making light of the situation, she just hightails it off stage making the situation worse than it had to be.  It's apparent that she couldn't care less about her fans.  She only cares about herself and her crappy bubblegum music.  

In the words of Elton John, "Anyone who lipsyncs should be shot."
Claytime
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2004, 10:14:34 AM »

Amidst the often-vulgar posts in the site's "open forum" is a quote lifted from a Lucky magazine interview where she was asked about lip-synching. "I'm totally against it and offended by it," she said. "I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me."

Real talent????  Puleeezze!  I'm so sick of these flakey performers.
forever_clay
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2004, 12:01:10 PM »

Okeedokee Folks. I am not trying to create controversy...thats not my intention. But i am a semi Ashley fan. I really do like her lyrics. I don't love the melodies, but i do enjoy the lyrics. the lyrics that SHE writes. We've all been in a really crappy situation before. She did for sure loose her voice about 4 hours before the show. All musicians use back up tracks in a bad situation like this. Her's just good screwed up. She made a good comment though at the RMA's i think it was. It was something along the lines of "With everything thats going on in the world right now, the election, the war, everything, THIS is making headlines. Now, does that seem right?" for that i stand up and clap my hands. Yeah, she screwed up and is a newer performer and didnt know how to handle herself. BUT SHE LEARNED. I did watch her show and throughout the show, she was in the doctor's for her reflux and is trying to overcome that. So as i said, its a natural thing for people to screw up but should this be headline news?
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2004, 12:21:22 PM »

It's the media of the world today. Pop culture is huge, and, as much as it sucks, the majority of the world knows more, and thusly cares more, about celebrities than politics. That's the media-influenced world we live in. It's not like the election has been pushed out of the picture, anyhow. Pop music is more important to some people than that, or at the very least, more interesting.

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx