gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK OCTOBER 24  (Read 6049 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: October 24, 2004, 04:49:33 AM »

Morning Everyone!  Happy Sunday! For Deanna when she gets back - YAY the Red Sox won last night. LOL!      

October 23, 2004
Clay Aiken: Merry Christmas With Love

Clay Aiken "Merry Christmas With Love" album will be released in November in The States. Clay Aiken first album "Measure Of A Man" released in October 2003 on RCA Records has featured recordings in Los Angeles, Miami, and London for sessions, working with executive producer Clive Davis, American idol creator Simon Fuller and producers and songwriters like Steve Mac, Cliff Magness, Desmond Child, Steve Morales, and Rick Nowels.

Since then, Clay Aiken has been selected "People Of The Year 2003" Rolling Stone Magazine issue, has released several singles including "Invisible".

As the runner-up to Fox TV's second American Idol: The Search for a Superstar competition, vocalist Clay Aiken wowed television audiences in 2003 with his Southern charm, sweet demeanor, and bright, glorious voice, and became a pop star. Originally, Clay Aiken planned to try out for the reality TV series "The American Race," but went ahead and auditioned for the talent contest to please an encouraging friend. Out of 7,000 hopefuls, the Charlotte, NC, native won the hearts of the judges as well as millions of fans across the globe.

Clay Aiken "Merry Christmas With Love" album (Holiday Album) will be in stores on November 16 on RCA Records.

Order Clay Aiken "Merry Christmas With Love" album... CLICK THERE.

Posted by Jean-Luc RAYMOND at 11:03 PM in

WEST COAST MUSIC FRANCE added link - P

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:52:50 AM »

Clay's Horoscope for the day from Yahoo.com

Quickie:
The answer may be obvious to you, but try to be open to second opinions.

Overview:
It's never been all that tough to talk you into traveling, but now -- well, you're probably already packed and gazing wistfully at your passport. Got cash? Got time? Get going!

Daily Extended Forecast:
Home should be a joyous, relaxing place, but the stars have something else in mind when you get there. For reasons unclear to you, domestic life seethes with tension and mystery. An unexpected guest and/or situation are creating more problems than they're solving. It feels unfair that you have to be the one to identify and solve these issues. Be sure that you're acting on sufficient evidence. Anyone who wants to step in and help you is welcome. After all, you're not the only one to benefit from this

Daily Flirt:
No matter what you do -- coffee, jumping jacks, a slap in the face -- you just can't seem to get going today. That's okay. It's going to be one of those droopy days. Kind of like a sweet, droopy flower.

Daily Couples:
A slow start morphs into a solid finish by evening. Look beyond your daily grind to the real heart of your relationship. Love the one you're with.

Daily Singles:
You might be a little careless with things like keys, pagers, cell phones and digits -- so maybe it's a good idea to use the buddy system if you go out today.
(ohhhhhhhhhh k the accuracy of this one scares me!!!!)

Daily Career and Finance:
Be careful with small items or odd files -- you'll be prone to leaving things in weird places and you might lose the wrong item at the wrong time.

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 04:55:14 AM »

Tidol Wave
Five ''American Idol'' albums crash into stores over the next six weeks. When will record buyers say, ''Enough''? by Nicholas Fonseca

She probably didn't know it at the time, but when season 3 winner Fantasia belted ''Have you ever reached a rainbow's end?'' this summer, she was foreshadowing the careers of some of her pals on American Idol. Over the next six weeks, the show's muscle — and the public's desire for syrupy ballads — will be tested when five former winners and runners-up release new albums. They face not only each other but an unusually strong fall slate that includes Eminem, Good Charlotte, U2, Destiny's Child, Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dogg, and Ashanti. The plan to unleash five albums in such a short period is risky: It could overexpose a franchise that still has enormous appeal (Fox's Idol finished last season as TV's No. 1 program) and hurt BMG, the conglomerate behind all the entries. As for the artists? Let's just say a slow start could ruin a career in less time than it takes Ryan Seacrest to do his hair.

To date, the public has proved its Idol worship only goes so far: About a third of the contestants who've attempted solo albums have generated hits. On the high end, season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken's Measure of a Mansold 2.6 million copies, while bombs included season 1 runner-up Justin Guarini's self-titled entry, which enticed just 142,000 buyers and assured his place in TV history as a perma-punchline. BMG North America CEO Clive Davis — who oversaw all five upcoming albums — is convinced that postshow success comes only by de-Idolizing contestants the minute they enter the recording studio. ''There's a certain song that all of America loves when that confetti comes down, but it really has no relevance to their recording career,'' he says. ''Once you get away from that single, you're dealing with an original recording artist. I'm not making American Idol albums.''

Twenty-eight million fans might not appreciate Davis' disdain, but the singers' new offerings reflect his approach. As if to prove his point, Aiken refused to speak with EW — a sign, perhaps, that the wildly popular 25-year-old is tired of his close association with Idol. Others were more forthcoming: ''It's the reason I'm here,'' says Ruben Studdard. ''[Album] producers do their best to scoot away from the Idol stigma, but I'll never forget where I came from.'' Kelly Clarkson agrees: ''['American Idol winner'] is going to be on my grave,'' she says. ''I'll be a trivia answer for life. And still, with everything that I do, the people surrounding me tell me that they think that [my next album] will be what breaks me away from American Idol. And I have to ask, Why are we running from it?''

Get more: Music

ALL ABOUT  
American Idol (Franchise)  
Entertainment Weekly Magazine: Issue 790  

AI Forum Moderator
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 05:26:39 AM »

Good Sunday morning to you Susan!!  Thanks so much for today's news!!  Hope you have a great day!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 05:45:51 AM »

i don't think the phrase: "perhaps it's a sign that Aiken is tired of his Idol association" is accurate. i think it's a fact and not a perhaps...he's been wanting distanced from that show the day after he finished behind Ruben...you can tell it in his remarks that even back then he didn't want that show to define him.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 05:51:25 AM »

Thank you Susan! Now I have read it- I am going back to bed!

Lora
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 05:54:30 AM »

Hi Heather! Hi AC! Hi Lora!

Man, I think I too am going to go back to bed for a while.

Got up early and I've already been over to mom and dad's to throw a load of laundry in.  I'm scared!

AI Forum Moderator
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 06:22:28 AM »

Good Morning to all!! Hope yall have a great Clay day!! Off to work I go!! YAY!! Not!! LOL!! Ill just dream of Clay!! Like Always!!

Joyce

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 06:38:12 AM »

aikenseeker,
Thanks for taking over for Deanna.  Thanks for the news & horoscope.

Take care & have a great day everyone,
Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2004, 06:48:16 AM »

Thanks Susan for the updates on our Clay and for filling in for Deanna while she was away.

I can't go back to bed too busy of a day.  It was so nice to chat with you and will talk to you again this week.

Lorraine
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2004, 07:12:19 AM »

Hey Lorraine!

It was really nice chatting with you too!

Hey Angela!

AI Forum Moderator
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2004, 07:59:33 AM »

Clay Aiken "Merry Christmas With Love" album will be released in November in The States

That sentence worries me. Does that mean that it won't be getting to Canada until later ???????? Please ! I hope not !!!!!!!  Cry!

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 08:37:01 AM »

Chrisie, if that happens, PM me your address and I'll send one off to you!
No-one can be without Clay at Christmas!  

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 09:01:13 AM »

Toys for Tots 2004 Celebrity Spokesperson will be CLAY AIKEN!!

We are so excited to be making this announcement as we have been waiting so patiently to get the word that we could announce it.

Clay has already finished taping some Public Service Announcements and there will be much more to come.

We will shortly, through the wonderful assistance of Major Bill Grein and the “Entango” Corporation be able to put up a very special fund, the Clay Aiken Fans Toys For Tots Fund, designed by Entango, and accounted for by Toys for Tots.

Updates will be given on a regular basis as the to the amount in this very special fund. ALL DONATIONS TO THIS FUND WILL BE TAX DEDUCTIBLE. All donations over $250.00 will receive a “hard copy” receipt also in the mail approximately 2 weeks after the donation is made.

The technical details are being designed at this time, and the links should be up by mid week. In the meantime, starting tonight at 8:00 pm, ALL DONATIONS TO THE OCS FUND WILL BE DEPOSITED INTO THE SPECIAL CLAY AIKEN FANS TOYS FOR TOTS FUND AS SOON AS THE LINK IS UP. Links will be provided at The Clayboard, The OCS Website, The ClayDawgs Website and Clayaikenworld.

From CA.com.

Good morning all!  Thanks for the news Susan!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 09:12:03 AM »

As the runner-up to Fox TV's second American Idol: The Search for a Superstar competition, vocalist Clay Aiken wowed television audiences in 2003 with his Southern charm, sweet demeanor, and bright, glorious voice, and became a pop star.

Love it!
Originally, Clay Aiken planned to try out for the reality TV series "The American Race," but went ahead and auditioned for the talent contest to please an encouraging friend. Out of 7,000 hopefuls, the Charlotte, NC, native won the hearts of the judges as well as millions of fans across the globe.

Amazing Race.  70,000 hopefuls.  Sorry, some things just need to be corrected!  I'm not really anal retentive....really I'm not.  Paranoid
West Coast Music is the official 'blog' for music in France.  International Clay.  Cool!
Daily Career and Finance:
Be careful with small items or odd files -- you'll be prone to leaving things in weird places and you might lose the wrong item at the wrong time.

This one fits too.  Remember when he left all his files at the McDonalds HQ?  Someone from here actually found them.  I wonder if they ever got returned?  
Quote from: ACcountryFan
i don't think the phrase: "perhaps it's a sign that Aiken is tired of his Idol association" is accurate. i think it's a fact and not a perhaps...he's been wanting distanced from that show the day after he finished behind Ruben.

I totally agree AC.  I'm sure he's grateful to 'that show' (tm Kim Locke) for giving him the exposure he needed to become known.  
PS-That's what Kim Locke said at her concert in Raleigh last Sunday when she talked about AI.  She called it 'that show.'  Laughing  She also said 'it ain't easy being cheesy!'  Ahhh...she was really good.  Especially on the old Judy Garland number.

Quote from: clays#1fan
Good Morning to all!! Hope yall have a great Clay day!! Off to work I go!! YAY!! Not!! LOL!! Ill just dream of Clay!! Like Always!!  Joyce

Joyce, I hope you don't have to operate any heavy machinery today!  Could be dangerous.  ROFLMAO
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 09:25:39 AM »

REMINDER!

Seeing 'Clay Day' reminded me to remind you about the 2005 calendars.

Calendars are available now! Go to http://www.Calendars.com (Clay is #7 on their top seller list!)
They are also offering a 15% discount to Clay fans - no minimum purchase required. Place your order and enter the coupon code FANCA15 to get the discount (you should see the discount applied to your total before finalizing the order). Follow the link above, or you can also order calendars via phone, toll-free: 800-366-3645 or 512-389-4005.

You can also check Clay's web store for calendars in a couple of weeks, and they may have thongs too! http://www.giantmerchandising.com
Click on Clay!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 09:37:49 AM »

Remember the Mask Project for the Hospice of Michigan?  The masks that brought the most in the eBay auction were for Justin Guarini, Clive Davis and RJ Helton.  Clay and Kelly's masks were not auctioned online, but at the actual event.  If I can find what they went for, I'll let you know!

EBAY MASK PROJECT
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 10:12:37 AM »

Haha Clay's number one on the Calendar list now!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 10:31:30 AM »

Quote from: mackncsu
Haha Clay's number one on the Calendar list now!

WOW.  Y'all are skeery!  Laughing

Here's a gift - a new download of the 'best of' the NCx3 concerts.
Scroll down to the last post.

http://claymaniacs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195546#195546
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 12:11:08 PM »

Quote from: Pamela

WOW.  Y'all are skeery!  Laughing

Hey, I didn't order one (not that I wouldn't want one...just didn't want to spend the mulah!)...I just thought it was funny that soon after you posted that his ratings went up.....lol  

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx