gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 207
Total: 207

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK OCTOBER 22  (Read 5971 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2004, 05:19:04 AM »

It appears the concert in Los Angeles to kick off the Joyful Noise tour will not happen.  Possibly had to do with the lack of an available venue.  If another city is announced to take it's place, we'll let you know!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2004, 05:21:10 AM »

POP CULTURE
• Clay Aiken: His voice is as bland as tofu, his facial expressions are contrived and he's been billed as the next Barry Manilow. And that's a good thing?

• "American Idol": Four seasons of television karaoke featuring a crop of wanna-be Mariah Careys and Luther Vandrosses. Their personal stories are rarely interesting and most of them couldn't sing their way into the high school choir.

Tonya Jameson

CHARLOTTE OBSERVER (registration required)

Clay?  Bland?  Oh honey, you obviously have no idea! Laughing
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 05:35:08 AM »

New article in the payola thread about an investigation into shady radio practice in New York.  Scroll all the way down.  Karma strikes again!

NEW YORK TIMES PAYOLA ARTICLE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 05:37:10 AM »

Cuddle duds

Because every single aspect of Clay Aiken's life is profoundly important to his fans, it is my duty to report that witnesses say the American almost-an-Idol was wearing what looked like pajamas as he made his way to his bus after Monday night's State Fair concert.

Fans, discuss this among yourselves. The rest of us will continue with normal life.

G D GEARINO IN THE RALEIGH N&O

Laughing Laughing
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 06:08:19 AM »

Thanks for the news!       I'm making Joyful Noises!
 Super Happy!!! Going to San Jose, San Jose, here I come! Going to San Jose, San Jose here I come. They'll have a sexy little singer there, and I'm gonna get me some! (singing that is!) Super Happy!!!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
cjrmax
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 07:19:28 AM »

• Clay Aiken: His voice is as bland as tofu, his facial expressions are contrived and he's been billed as the next Barry Manilow. And that's a good thing?

I can handle most criticisms of Clay, but the one that most befuddles me is those that criticize his voice!  You can hate his style of music.  You can hate his song selection.  You can even hate the way he performs the songs, but how can you say anything negative about his voice????????

Bland???  Bland as tofu???  Well, as one who eats tofu I can tell you his voice is NOT as bland as tofu (little in this world is!).

And what is this about contrived facial expressions?  Just look around this site at some of the new avatars.  Look at that face!!  Look at those eyes!!  Look at those expressions!!!  Contrived???  I think not!!!!

And I am getting tired of the comparisons to Barry Manilow.  I don't see it.  Barry Manilow's voice is not nearly as good as Clay's and only in Barry Manilow's dreams do they look alike! The only comparison I would like made between them is if in 30 years they are saying that Clay's career is as long lived as Barrry Manilow's was.

Bland as tofu......  Well phooey on you!!!  :pfbbt
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 07:32:15 AM »

Thanks everyone for the news, Deanna & Pamela horoscopes from aikenseeker & all  your opinions.

I love the ANN.

Have a great day everyone.
Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2004, 11:46:09 AM »

Hi Christie,

I am right there with you.  You know how I feel about him as well as millions of us.  That writer can go pound sand and is looking for some attention which I will not give.  We know all too well about Clay and apparently this person doesn't get it and it is a shame.  Their loss.  Nice to finally meet you.

Hugs
Lorraine
outthereforclay
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2004, 11:55:06 AM »

"Bland as tofu" eh?

Obviously, this writer was specifically referring to the "extra firm" tofu I see being sold...

no doubt...
cjrmax
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2004, 12:05:18 PM »

Hey Lorraine!!  It was nice to finally meet you too!!  

"Bland as tofu" eh?

Obviously, this writer was specifically referring to the "extra firm" tofu I see being sold...

no doubt...  

Amy, even extra firm tofu is a little, shall we say, limp......

No comparison to Clay there!!!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2004, 12:26:41 PM »

Yeh !!!    Claynadians got in the paper !!!!!  

Thanks for the news of the day ladies !!!

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2004, 04:01:23 PM »

Thanks so much for the news ladies!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print