gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 394
Total: 394

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLAYMANIAC NATION ROCKS!  (Read 6406 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 19, 2004, 07:41:45 PM »

What can you say about a weekend that includes a bunch of Claymaniacs, an amusement park, a state fair and ... Clay x 3?  As usual, I can say a lot.  Laughing

First of all, we rock!  Walking into the hotel in Charlotte on Saturday afternoon was so much fun!  I hope we didn't scare the front desk too bad, but I did find it funny that the fire alarm went off...good thing it was time for us to leave anyway...Laughing  It's always interesting to put faces with the names we come to know on the Net.  Some of us are older, younger, taller, shorter than we realize, but you know what?  It doesn't matter.  That's the beauty of it.  When we 'get to know' someone online, we do so without the baggage of the physical coloring our perceptions.  That said, thank you to all who thought I was younger and taller before you met me.  MWAH!  Laughing

Thanks to HER who made the coolest Claymaniacs sign so we could all find each other at the preconcert party in Charlotte.  It was so awesome to have people who aren't even members here come up and tell me that they love to read our board (because of you), and appreciate the information here.  

Some of us got to meet Diane Bubel, and some got to hear the sound check and rehearsal for the concert that night.  Ilovetowrite sent a really cool scrapbook and many of us got to sign it - I hope it got to Clay!  Also, claydevotee got to give Jerome the letter from Lady C about the Red Cross drive.  A proud moment.

After the concert we landed at Jock’s and Jill’s, which I was so happy to see after getting lost on the way.  Hey, I’m not the only one!  We all squeeeeeee!d when they showed Clay on the local 11:00 news.  And then we laughed when the announcer said ‘he sure has improved from when he was on American Idol!’  Lord, she has no idea, does she? Laughing  I’m pretty sure we closed the place down.  I hope they let us come back sometime…:lol

Hugs to everyone who was in Charlotte – Angela and Mr Angela, bisi and mcraig2, Bozena, CAB, ChrisieD, cjrmax, Claydevotee, Claydian, Claylady, Claymagic, ClaymateFL, clays#1fan, claysjoy, cookie, CTLoves Clay, debster, dudley5, Glory, Gwenn, Heater, Heatersweet, Her, ILClaymate, JoAnnMoody, Karen28, kendall, Lainey, LiftClayUp, Carol and her friend Linda, Lorraine, Lovinclay, LuvMyClay, mackncsu, Marilyn, clayfannj, Michelle and Carrie, Misha, Moonshot, mrs. c., outthereforclay, Her's friends Pam and Brenda, Pauluka96, Phillyluvsclay, Prissy, quynn, Sjlogghe and her friends Sally and Cara, Sasha, Sundancer and tessie.

It seems like there should be more…If I left anyone out, please accept my apologies! (and PM me so I can add you to the list!)  My brain is still in a Clay-induced haze!

Then there was Raleigh.  We had a great time at Chico's, even if they did only give us one waiter...I know some people were not able to find the place, and I do apologize for that.  We missed you, and wished you were all there. I was happy to see those who found us, and it was especially nice to meet some of you who don’t post so much.  Now that you know us, please join us!

Thank you to everyone who helped with the Project Gonzo items!  Special thanks go to claymagic, lovinclay, houstonclayfan, clayfannj, Gwenn, Marilyn, quynn and claysjoy!  We ended up with over $100 worth of items for Camp Gonzo, which will be delivered to the AE Finley Y sometime later this week.  Thanks also to Brandy0221 and angeintoronto for spearheading the effort!

OMG!  Seeing Clay at Kim Locke’s concert was fun.  I’m sure you’ve seen the pix and downloads but the best thing was knowing he could hang out and have fun with his friends.  Even though I’m sure he was aware most eyes were on him the entire time.  Paranoid

Clay’s afternoon concert was fabulous but different.  Landing in the sixth row made it exciting, and I got pix!  I hope a couple of them turn out, I’ll post them in the Photo Album later.  The Dorton Arena (or Dort Narena, as Clay called it) has windows for walls on the upper half.  So, at 3 pm, as you can imagine, there was lots of daylight in the building.  It was a little distracting because you could actually see all the people milling around.  But I managed to stay focused on the reason I was there…. Wink  More about the concerts later.

We mostly just hung around the Fair between shows, since the walk to the parking area was far and the traffic was horrible.  NC’s fair is a big one, and the crowds were huge for Clay, even though it was a weekday. We were entertained between shows by Frankie Faucet and the Drips, who were actually quite good, and although I failed to partake of the fried banana pudding, they sure do make a mean elephant ear at the NC State Fair!  

Clay was on the radio Monday morning, and a couple of our members got to meet him because they were also interviewed!  But I'll let them tell you about that. Wink  We sat in the hotel room Monday night and watched a 9 second download of him entering the radio station about 39 times.  How sad. Laughing  Clay did come out after the PM concert to thank the fans.  He must have been exhausted after such a long day, a radio interview and two performances, but he was still there after the show.  What a guy!

Well, this is long and boring, so I’ll finish with this.  I’ve met lots of people in person that I originally met online.  LOTS.  Many times, people are nothing in person like they are online.  This is to be expected, due to the anonymity of the Internet.  Some people are just more relaxed and less apprehensive about meeting people on the Net.  But sometimes, very special times, you have the pleasure of learning that someone is exactly in real life as they are online.  

It was such a joy to learn this about so many of you.  That you are all so very REAL. And genuine, and full of warmth and just as funny and smart in ‘real life’ as you are when you are here.  I love that, and respect it.  You are good people, and I am very proud to have met you and to know every single one of you.  And as Kim Locke said (about AI), ‘It ain’t easy being cheesy!’ but I’m being real when I tell you this. I appreciate your friendship and your support of this forum.  

Until the next time…here’s to the man that brought us together – Thank You Clay!
AdoringClay
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 11:42:30 PM »

Beautiful, Pamela...thanks for the recap!

I'm kinda jealous...I wish I was from North Carolina and could'a been there with you guys...I would absolutely LOVE to meet you sometime, Pamela...I feel like you are a kindred spirit to so many of us!

I am going to be lucky enough to go to two! Joyful Noise concerts!  Driving to San Jose, CA (600 miles one-way) and flying to Orlando, FL for Christmas with family and, of course, I will HAVE to take my sister to the Melbourne concert for her birthday on 12/16.  She will be 59.  She likes Clay, but doesn't quite get my fanaticism...she says things like "he really can sing" and "he looks like HE MAY BE GOOD LOOKING WHEN HE GROWS UP"...MWAH!!!!!!!  I give her two songs into the concert to be totally, totally, totally enthralled.  I may have to beg her to stay with her husband of 30 years and not want to just follow Clay forever, right?

Thrilled that you all had such a great time...Clay love to all!  Sue g.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 12:17:25 AM »

Eloquent and heartwarming, as always, Pamela.  And, you're right, ClayManiacs DO ROCK!!!  

Thank you, all of you, who shared your experience with us.  It's easier being left behind when you know that you're missed by those who gather, and that they'll light up this board and our hearts with stories and memories, not only of Clay, but of what they learned and grew to love about each other.

During the Red Cross drive, I received several letters from people who spend a great deal of time here, but don't post much or at all.  They told me that they come not only to hear about Clay, but to keep up with our family - with our daily lives, trials and joys that we share with each other.  One very, very loving couple even said they, "agonize over the sorrow and illnesses, and celebrate the successes".  They see that there is something beautifully unique about ClayManiacs, and because of YOU - the compassionate and truly kind people here, they were inspired to stand up beside you and donate their own hard earned money to help.

When I spoke to the media about our Red Cross drive one of the reporters asked me if we received an award of some kind.  I said, "That depends on your definition of award.  If you mean some physical thing to display - the answer is no.  But we got something far more lasting.  We got inspiration.  We got renewed faith in people in general, and found kindred spirits in each other.  The Disaster Relief Fund gets the money.  Clay Aiken gets the honor.  But at ClayManiacs - we get the riches."

Thank you, Michael, Pamela, Clay, and everyone else who makes this site possible.  When I signed up and submitted my first post, I had no idea that an internet community could be an engine of change and wonder in my life.  I am humbled to be a part of it, I honestly am.

Love,
Kris

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:48:28 AM »

Pamela,

What a wonderfully eloquent account of this Clay weekend.  You have expressed what I, and I'm sure, so many others feel.

Now, when I read a post of someone, I have a picture of them in my head, not just a Clay avatar!  

Special thanks to Moonshot and Cjrmax and all who helped to pull this together.

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 05:41:16 AM »

Pamela, thanks for sharing.  Sounds like you all had a great time and I have to join Sue in the jealousy room. Great uplifting story.
Soooooooo many of you!  I'm looking forward to next Spring and the big Claymaniac party so I too can meet some of you again, and some for the first time!

LadyC.  You brought a tear to my eye. You don't do that often! Usually I'm  ROFLMAO at your posts!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 07:14:55 AM »

Pamela- It was a wonderful time.  I also enjoyed meeting all, well maybe I missed a few, the Claymaniacs in Charlotte and Raleigh.  

In Charlotte I met a new friend Dale from Florida.  She took the chance and rode with Prissy, JoAnn and I to Carowinds.  That was a hoot.. everytime I proceeded to change gears in the rental car I would turn on the windshield wipers and make a not so nice remark.  We toured Carowinds Blvd for about 20 minutes looking for the street on our Mapquest map to go to Jock and Jills. I turned out not to be the street name that Mapquest said it was (surprise, surprise) .  We got there anyway and ended up being some of the first ones there

I ended up sharing Dale's room and I do believe we could have talked all night.  What can I say other than I really liked Dale.

The next morning CAB and I rode with Mama Dev to Raleigh.  We were going to follow Stacy but at some point, we had several different directons, turned  off.  Thanks to a cell phone call.  we got back on target.
She was wating by the RBC center.    After several u turns we finally found the hotel..we had lost Stacy again -but she got there in about 15 minutes..,..another mapquest error.

The hotel was right by Crabtree Mall.....it was kind of surreal being and seeing where Clay walked , shopped,  performed, etc.    We were all impressed with Raleigh.  It - at least what we saw - was a beautiful place.

Thanks again to the wondeful "Maniacs" that organize everything.  It was a memorable trip.

Carol

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 09:02:31 AM »

Quote from: shaikeninseattle
LadyC.  You brought a tear to my eye. You don't do that often! Usually I'm  ROFLMAO at your posts!

LOL!  Well, as long as I get a reaction outta ya, Shaiken.  My work here is done.  

Love ya,
LadyC

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

cassms
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 09:59:15 AM »

Put me right in there with the others who are "green-eyed" (in the nicest way, of course!) for those of you who got together in NC!  (Oooh--let me catch my breath--"green-eyed" made me think of OMC  Love!)

But at least the next best thing to being there is hearing the accounts from all of you--thanks for all your postings that help us be there too.   Pamela & LadyC, you both know how to craft your words so we are right there with you, teary-eyed from both laughing and crying!  Claymaniacs are a kick!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 10:00:04 AM »

OK, PAMELA....THAT MADE ME CRY.  IMAGINE THAT!!!  

SERIOUSLY, THO, PAMELA WORDED IT SO NICELY!  THIS WEEKEND WAS NOT JUST A CELEBRATION OF CLAY, BUT A GATHERING OF HEARTS!  MANY OF YOU, I HAD ALREADY MET (PAMELA, CHRISTIE, GWENN, JILL, PAM, MICHELLE, MARION, AMY, THEA, LAINEY, MACK, THERESA, MISHA, CAROL) AND OTHERS I MET THIS WEEKEND (LINDA, DUDLEY, MRS. C, CHRISTIE D, MARILYN, LORRAINE, AND OTHER WHO'S NAMES ELUDE ME RIGHT NOW...PLEASE FORGIVE ME).  I'M SURE EVERYONE WILL AGREE THAT WE NEVER LAUGHED SO MUCH, THUDDED SO HARD, OR CRIED SO UNASHAMEDLY (IS THAT A WORD?)  

MANY THANKS GO OUT TO THE TWO WONDERFUL WOMEN WHO ORGANIZED THIS FOR US.... CHRISTIE AND MICHELLE!  YOUR HARD WORK ENABLED US TO ENJOY CLAY AND EACH OTHER.  I WILL NEVER, NEVER FORGET THIS WEEKEND.  

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO COULD NOT JOIN US, JUST KNOW WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GROUP OF PEOPLE HERE AT CLAYMANIACS.  WE'RE LUCKY TO HAVE THIS BOARD TO CALL "HOME".

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 11:58:30 AM »

I also would like to express my utmost thanks to everyone I met this weekend in Charlotte, you all made the Claynadians feel so welcome!!!  It's a bit difficult for us up here to get to see many of you in person, thank goodness for Charlotte!!!  How I enjoyed meeting the Claymaniacs crew!!!! Pamela, Amy, Theresa, Michelle, Christie, Sunny, Linda, Angela, Sasha, Glory, Lorraine, Linda, Mary, Brenda, Marilyn, Prissy, Jo Ann, Sarah, Mack, Diane, Misha, Thea, and anyone else I missed, you are amazing women, I'm so proud to be a member of this wonderful family, thank you for the laughter, the tears, and sharing in the love of our wonderful object of affection...  Clay because of you we all found eachother, thank you!!!!
Sharon

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 12:29:45 PM »

Mrs. C.,

It was a joy meeting you too.  You Canadian girls are the bomb!  I just wish you all lived closer, but I know somehow, some place, our paths will cross again.  Maybe 2005 in Raleigh!  

Love to you all,
Linda (CT loves Clay)

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »

Pamela,

I am at work today after arriving home at 11:30 tonight. You brought tears to my eyes, but I so agree with every word you said.  This exhaustion could never be more worth it after one of the most memorable weekends I will probably ever have in my life.   Thank you so much for your continued generous support, help, hugs and just constantly showing the “love” to all of your Claymaniacs.  We shared a lot of laughs, stories and, so importantly, shared our love of Clay!  I cannot even express how much love I carry for that man.  The Charlotte and Raleigh concerts were exciting, awesome, fantastic, loving and if I never go to another concert again, I will still be a happy woman knowing I have met so many wonderful people face to face that I have only known as a user name, and saw one of the most beautiful human beings God has ever created!!!  It is truly a weekend to behold forever!!  Thank you for everything!  

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 12:58:25 PM »

PAMELA YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL PERSON. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE THANKS AND FEELINGS I HAVE FOR YOU AND FOR MICHAEL FOR CREATING THIS SITE SO THAT WE COULD ALL SHARE THE JOY AND LOVE WE HAVE FOR CLAY. AND FOR BRINGING SO MANY DIVERSE PEOPLE TOGETHER.
THESE LAST FEW DAYS HAVE FILLED MY HEART TO OVERFLOWING WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCES I HAVE HAD- IT IS SO HEARTWARMING TO FIND SO MANY PEOPLE WITH THE SAME FEELINGS FOR CLAY THAT I HAVE.  IN THE BEGINNING, I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE, BUT NOW I FEEL LIKE I AM PART OF A FAMILY.
THE CLAYNATION CERTAINLY RULES!

I ALSO WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE GONZO DONATIONS WERE FROM MYSELF, LINDA, LORRAINE AND SASHA.

LOVE, MARILYN

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 01:08:18 PM »

Pamela,

I just put the box of tissue away and now here I go again.  You couldn't have said it any nicer and I have come back home to Connecticut but now I have made North Carolina my second home not only for the sake of Clay but for all of the friendships that I have made there.  I would fly in a second to come back and see everyone again without hesitation.  Being in N.C. was like being next to Clay in some way or other.  The people of N.C. are so warm and friendly it made me not want to leave.  As you know and I have told you that if I ever had a chance to move it would definitely be to North Carolina.  I still feel the warmth from so many of you guys that I have met and will never ever let that go.  Thank you all for such a wonderful five days in my life that will remain in my heart forever.  I love you all and I love Claymaniacs.  Oh yes I love you Clay Aiken with all of my heart.

Hugs
Lorraine
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 01:15:47 PM »

Pamela, as always, you've said what I'd like to say but can't figure how to get it from my heart to my brain to the keyboard.

I loved the fact that we took over the lobby of the hotel in Charlotte because it was great to see so many Claymaniacs in one place! It was loud with the voices of friends greeting one another and expressing their joy. (Mack - you crack me the heck up everytime I get the chance to talk with you; your youth and exuberance for everything is great).

It was a wondrous 4 days and I can't wait to be able to do it all over again! Claymaniacs are the best!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 01:32:15 PM »

PAMELA,

I really can't add much more to the beautiful sentiments that have already been expressed so eloquently and straight from the heart.  I have nothing but warm, fuzzy and amazing memories of the Claymaniacs "sisters" I have made over the past year.  And now to have met so many of you at both Musikfest and Charlotte has solidified these sisterly feelings.  

I continue to marvel at the blessings that the internet has brought into so many of our lives.  And I continue to give thanks for Claymaniacs---In this little microcosm of ours, I have found countless lessons and opportunities to give more to others as well as to be willing to accept the unconditional love and understanding that so many have extended to me.

Thanks PAMELA, for making this all possible.  You are a beautiful and amazing woman.  And I am happy and proud to call you my friend.

Love,
Dev
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 03:25:11 PM »

Oops   Gwenn and Jane and Bozena, I inadvertantly missed your names, please forgive me, loved talking to all of you!!!
Sharon

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 04:50:57 PM »

Pamnadia....

YOU ROCK!

The Charlotte concert (however awful the ticket situation was before) was wonderful and I can't think of anyone else I'd rather be sittin with...the Raleigh concert (SINCE THERE WAS ONLY ONE!!!!! :silly2 ) was even better.

You're my Raleigh familia and I heart ya!!!!!!!!!!!

LUVVS!!

Mack

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx