gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 444
Total: 444

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 9  (Read 4698 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: October 09, 2004, 05:24:21 AM »

Good Morning Everyone! Just helping out this morning since our News Maven is away today!  Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Good Luck to everyone trying to get tickets for Sewell, NJ today!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from Yahoo.com

Quickie:
Your strength is truly heroic. Still, it's fine to ask others for a hand.

Overview:
Someone from quite far away will be happy to shorten the distance between you now. All you have to do is issue -- or accept -- an invitation. Before you do, though, be sure you're ready for an extended visit.

Daily Extended Forecast:
It's time to appreciate what is yours. Take a trip with your partner into the beautiful world that surrounds your comfortable life. It's probably much more harmonious than even you imagined it to be. At work, your generous, trusting nature attracts all the right people today. This is the perfect time to express your opinions to a large audience. Tonight, learning something about another country is on the agenda. Foreign laws and customs fascinate you.

Daily Love and Relationships:
Daily Flirt:
Isn't it your turn to be happy yet? Think about travel to faraway places, a new romance, a good honest laugh. If you're craving something new, today's the day to give it a try.

Daily Couples:
Exotic locales seem more entertaining than another dinner at home. Compromise with a new restaurant and a foreign film.

Daily Singles:
Take a risk -- call up that relative stranger, wear something daring or plant a big kiss when it's least expected. It'll pay off in more ways than one.

Daily Career and Finance:
See if you can get a day off next week to rest up and recover from all the extra work you've been taking on lately. A good boss knows their employees need a little downtime, especially after turning in a star performance.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 05:34:38 AM »

Clay Aiken has yet another item about to hit the shelves. You knew about the holiday album and the book, but did you know about the calendar? Yup, it's coming out at the end of October. I'm assuming it will feature twelve different poses by the spiky-haired tenor. What will they think of next? And yes, he will be touring with a full orchestra to support the new holiday album.

ABOUT TOP 40

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 05:42:04 AM »

RELIVE THE MAGIC!

New in the Writer's Corner, Bonnie Markowski relives the magic that was the summer solo concert tour.  

On the Road With Clay and Other Thoughts

By Bonnie Lini Markowski

Congratulations Clay. Your first solo concert tour was a triumph. I read the good reviews, saw the numbers, witnessed the amazing sell-outs. But for me, this triumph was solidified when I looked behind me from my second row seat at the Big E. To my amazement, what I saw was the audience filling not only the arena, but spilling out onto the lawns on either side, hundreds deep, overflowing onto the streets and lining the rooftops of nearby buildings. I felt proud. So proud of our boy! It was a bittersweet moment. Looking at that crowd, then back at the empty stage anticipating your entrance, I felt a bit sentimental. In an instant, the events of the past ten weeks flashed through my mind. Now, I travel that road again and invite you to join me.

WRITER'S CORNER
carter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 05:42:27 AM »

Can anyone help me? I thought I read something here about wrapping christmas presents for charity. Now I can't find the thread. If anyone knows, please let me know.  Thanks, mary
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 05:48:12 AM »

Can anyone help me? I thought I read something here about wrapping christmas presents for charity. Now I can't find the thread. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks, mary

Here's the link Mary:
http://www.claymaniacs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7291

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 05:50:24 AM »

Someone from quite far away will be happy to shorten the distance between you now. All you have to do is issue -- or accept -- an invitation. Before you do, though, be sure you're ready for an extended visit.

My bags are all packed.  Just sayin!

Tonight, learning something about another country is on the agenda. Foreign laws and customs fascinate you.

Think about travel to faraway places, a new romance, a good honest laugh. If you're craving something new, today's the day to give it a try.

Exotic locales seem more entertaining than another dinner at home. Compromise with a new restaurant and a foreign film.

I'm sensing a theme here...exotic locales...foreign customs...travel to faraway places...Hey!  Clay's coming to Clayton!  Laughing

Thanks for your help Susan!  Great horoscope today!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 05:55:59 AM »

The venue for the Providence RI concert will most likely be the PROVIDENCE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, which seats approximately 3,000.

Please check the Concert Connection forum for any updates to the tentatively announced shows!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 06:05:07 AM »

Thanks for the news!!!!...and Aikenseeker for stepping up for Ms. D.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 06:07:03 AM »

GOOD MORNING GUYS.  MY SECOND STOP IN THIS BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND FROM CT.

LORRAINE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 06:08:21 AM »

From the Chicago Tribune back page aka "The Red Hot Page" which is entirely appropriate.

Crazy for Clay

Clay Nation, rejoice.

It's going to be all Clay Aiken all the time as the singer readies a new album, a book and a primetime Christmas special, plus all sorts of promotional stops along the way.

Nov. 16 will be Clay-day, with the relesase of his still-untitled holiday album and memoir titled "Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life."

To support the CD and book, Aiken will appear Nov. 15 on "Larry King Live," Dec. 6 on "The Tonight Show" and Dec. 8 on "The Today Show." His one-hour Christmas special also airs Dec. 8 on NBC.

It's going to be a very special Clay Christmas.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 06:11:47 AM »

Cindy Wagner writes for The Futurist, whose articles about Clay we have posted here.  She has a new essay up at Beavers on Idol;  a review of four AI alumni tours (KLo, Ruben, Kelly & Clay).

Kimberley, Kelly, Ruben, and Clay are all finding their own post-Idol niches, so they are no longer competing with each other. That said, I think Clay's niche may be larger and more complex than the others', as his ambitions and talents seem at this point uncontainable. Already there is a book, a Christmas album, and more television appearances in his immediate future, and more concerts in which to renew his love affair with live audiences.

For the long-term future, I feel safe forecasting success of varying degrees for these brightest of the Idol alumni. Maybe it's partly wishful thinking, but I could easily see Clay Aiken becoming a beloved American institution, idolized for a humanity that goes beyond Idol talent.

Hey, that's funny, because so can I!  How about you?

BEAVERS ON IDOL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 06:14:12 AM »

I almost forgot!  

NJ TIX ON SALE TODAY!  I would be remiss if I did not let you know this information, as it is not yet up on the official website for either the Commerce Bank Arts Centre or for Clay himself! Tickets for the Sewell NJ show go on sale today, SATURDAY OCTOBER 9, at 10 am.

COMMERCE BANK ARTS CENTER SEATING CHART
COMMERCE BANK ARTS CENTER BOX OFFICE INFO
TICKETMASTER CLAY

Good luck!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 06:20:47 AM »

CALENDARS.COM is offering a special 15% discount on purchases of the 2005 Clay Aiken calendar. There is no minimum purchase required. Simply place your order and enter the coupon code FANCA15 to get the discount (you should see the discount applied to your total before finalizing the order). Follow the link above, or you can also order calendars via phone, toll-free: 800-366-3645 or 512-389-4005.

This offer posted in the Clay Nation News newsletter.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 06:23:42 AM »

USA TODAY STORY ON SUMMER TOURS

The American Idol Live Tour - led by Fantasia and Diana DeGarmo - sold about 58% of its tickets and met with much less enthusiasm than previous editions featuring Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini or Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken.

"Sometimes these franchises just run their course," Waddell says. "What you're dealing with are acts that never really toured at all, and all of sudden you put them out in an arena. That's asking a lot."

YAHOO.COM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 06:27:38 AM »

Reality TV voters are encouraged to hit the real polls

October 8, 2004

Forget the lectures on voter apathy among young people. It's absolutely ludicrous -- and definitely not true.

I am voting. All my friends are voting. Everyone I know is voting.

In fact, 65 million people voted in May -- most of them younger than 30.

Too bad it wasn't in the American presidential primaries, but instead for the American Idol.

For anyone counting ballots, Fantasia Barrino was elected.

But we needed more of the electoral process. So we went to the polls, aka phone lines, again and voted for the funniest standup idiot in Last Comic Standing.

Now, we wait breathless each week to see who will be voted -- not into the White House in November -- but off the island on Survivor.

No. There's not voter apathy. Our desire to choose is just being directed to a really pathetic place -- reality TV.

"I just don't get it," says 26-year-old Lindsay Hadley, a designer, art director and principal with Hetrick Communications. "If they have time to vote for that, surely they have time to vote for the American president."

(snip)

So, if we paid half as much attention to what our darling candidates for president were saying as what Clay Aiken was singing -- or if we had Simon Cowell critique their debates -- maybe, just maybe, we'd vote.

INDY STAR

Not really about Clay, but it is a good reminder to register if you aren't registered, and to vote vote vote!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 07:55:47 AM »

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NEWS!!
CHECKING IN FROM WORK! YES, WORK............DANG IT

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY- COUNTING DOWN!!!

LOVE
MARILYN

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2004, 08:01:35 AM »

Thanks for the news as usual - I'm checking in from my son's house - he has DSL - I can actually change pages without going to sleep! The
claynation news showed the 2 Atlanta concerts as confirmed this morning - what better way to celebrate the weekend before Christmas than going to Atlanta and seeing 2 Clay concerts!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 09:07:02 AM »

Thanks so much for the news, ladies!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 10:34:49 AM »

His new concerts backed by a full orchestra!  I want to win the lottery!
Dang, still no Canadian dates. Cry!

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 11:29:30 AM »

I could easily see Clay Aiken becoming a beloved American institution, idolized for a humanity that goes beyond Idol talent.
 Duh!!!!  But of course darlink!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx