gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:00:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 261
Total: 261

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 10  (Read 3750 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: October 09, 2004, 11:16:56 PM »

IT'S GOING TO BE A VERY SPECIAL CLAY CHRISTMAS

Chicago Tribune 10/8
Scan from CA.com.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 11:18:57 PM »

Tampa Tribune
Scan from CA.com
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

Target stores are selling an exclusive holiday CD called "NBC Sounds of the Season."  The compilation CD includes Clay's version of "Mary Did You Know."  If your local Target store doesn't yet have the CD, they will in the next couple of weeks.  

In the meantime, the Clackhouse has generously offered a public link for the mp3.  Please be thoughtful, and right click save target as to download.

Thank you very much to the Clackhouse for the link!  

MARY DID YOU KNOW

My friends, this is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever heard.

Posted on Got Clay last night when the mp3 came available.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 12:49:50 AM »

That's interesting news, Pamela!! this leads me to jump to conclusions that "Mary, Did You Know?" might be a single at AC radio?? he did have two Christmas hits last year: "Silver Bells" with Kim Locke, #16-AC and "The First Noel", #9-AC...so anything's possible.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »

THOSE SILLY "BROADS" HAVE BEEN AT IT AGAIN!!!

JACOB LATRELL GETS....PUNK'D

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 06:15:20 AM »

Morning Pamela!

Morning Mummy!

It's Sunday and hee... I don't have to go to work tomorrow because our office is closed for Columbus day! Whee!

Here's Clay's horoscope for the day from yahoo.com!

Quickie:
If you find yourself walking on a tightrope, make sure there's a net underneath you.

Overview:
A pat on the back from a superior is coming along soon, so why not start celebrating? Just don't overdo it. Going in late to work would be kind of self-defeating, wouldn't it?

Daily Extended Forecast:
This is a great time for you to think about going somewhere to get away from it all. Plan your trip while you have a moment. Even if you have to adjust your expectations to match your budget, your standards are high. You are adaptable enough to have fun with whatever comes your way. Invite people to go with you who share similar interests so that you won't have to debate every little decision. Remember that the point of a vacation is to have fun!

Daily Love and Relationships:
Daily Flirt:
Is the daily grind getting you antsy for travel? Go ahead and explore! Take a drive, try an exotic new restaurant, flirt with a barista you've been watching -- whatever it takes to satisfy.

Daily Couples:
You can travel surprisingly far in your own backyard. Dig up new activities and hobbies that have you venturing forth together.

Daily Singles:
A long trip might be just what you need to blow off steam and maybe pick up a string of foreign cuties. Planning or leaving now will insure the best results.

Daily Career and Finance:
Capitalize on a coworker's leave of absence or vacation to show your boss that you're willing to take the initiative. Take on an extra assignment or two, or figure out a creative way to divvy up the work.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 06:17:14 AM »

Quote from: ACcountryFan
That's interesting news, Pamela!! this leads me to jump to conclusions that "Mary, Did You Know?" might be a single at AC radio?? he did have two Christmas hits last year: "Silver Bells" with Kim Locke, #16-AC and "The First Noel", #9-AC...so anything's possible.

That's right AC!  In fact, this Target CD is normally released every year, and does benefit Targets's charities; so I believe this is the single that the DJ referred to when speaking to a fan not too long ago.

And, it sounds better, production wise, than anything on MoaM.  The song is a contemporary Christmas song, and should fit in on many different radio formats during the holiday. I think this one is going to chart and it makes me so much more eager for the Christmas CD.  

Also, Clay's version of The First Noel (from last Christmas' AI Holiday CD) is on a compilation being released Tuesday.  

Merry Christmas to US!

eeeee!  Ms D is back!  I hope your weekend was sublime...
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 06:22:59 AM »

The most promising is an angst-filled tune penned by Oscar-winning collaborators Alan Menken and Howard Ashman -- Proud of Your Boy. And this is something I never thought I'd write: Clay Aiken -- yeah, that Clay Aiken -- is given the song to record and actually does it justice.

But there's a downside to this musical excursion. Nick Lachey and wife Jessica Simpson -- yeah, that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson -- remake A Whole New World, an Oscar-winning song originally performed by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle that didn't need to be touched. Still, that's not enough to make me say don't go out and buy this one.

AKRON BEACON JOURNAL

I have a feeling we're going to read statements like this quite often now...but you know what?  It's all good!  

Clay Aiken:  Changing minds one song at a time... Wink
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

Clay will be featured on the cover of TV Guide for the issue dated November 11.  Also, TV Guide will feature an excerpt from Learning to Sing.

TV Guide has approximately 9,000,000 subscribers.
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 06:31:24 AM »

Quote from: Pamela

TV Guide has approximately 9,000,000 subscribers.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That's sooooooooooooo exciting!

YAY CLAY!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 06:41:44 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA.  NOW MY DAY IS COMPLETE.  IT IS UNBELIEVABLE WHAT OUR GUY IS DOING.  IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER FOR OUR HONEY.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

LORRAINE
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 06:44:35 AM »

Pamela wrote:  
Clay Aiken: Changing minds one song at a time...

:claps   You just reminded me that patience is a virtue!  Thanks!

AC wrote:  
That's interesting news, Pamela!! this leads me to jump to conclusions that "Mary, Did You Know?" might be a single at AC radio??

Oooooo AC!  That would be grand.  My AC station plays all Christmas music for the entire three weeks before Christmas, and, beginning Black Friday, they put Chirstmas songs in the rotation about every three songs.  If the station puts MDYK on their play list, imagine the number of spins it will get.  

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 06:59:25 AM »

WOW! I just downloaded MDYN and am once again blown away by Clay's voice! YES Pamela, I totally agree with you -
And, it sounds better, production wise, than anything on MoaM

Thanks to the Clackhouse for this preview of what's coming.
Clayton Clayniac
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 07:32:15 AM »

Thank you, Pamela, for the link to MDYN!  It's so beautiful, it made me weep!   The words and music are so compelling, it gave me chills!!  Couldn't be more perfect for Clay's extraordinary voice.  If it turns up on his Christmas CD and he sings it on his Christmas special, I think people who haven't had much exposure to his music will sit up and take notice.  What an awesome gift he has!  God love him!  We are so blessed!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 08:25:17 AM »

Quote from: Pamela

Clay Aiken:  Changing minds one song at a time... Wink[/i]

This is such a true statement!  Everytime OMC releases something new it is a little bit better and with all of the new exposure it is only going to help him!  MDYK is just an awesome song...that voice just gets better and better!

Thanks so much for the rest of the news...it was another good news day!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
texaslovesclay
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2004, 08:31:58 AM »

FoxNews mentions Clay!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134965,00.html

Surviving Reality TV
Sunday, October 10, 2004
By Michael Starr

So you wanna be on a reality show.

You sure about that?

After watching "The Apprentice" reject Jennifer Crisafulli self-destruct on TV and in real life last week, you might want to reconsider your own shot at C-level stardom.

Crisafulli's meltdown highlights the inescapable fact that reality show fame could quickly disintegrate into infamy - and even that's not everything it's cracked up to be (see chart at right).

There are exceptions, of course. For every reality show phenom who doesn't realize that no one cares anymore - yes, that's you, Omarosa - there's someone who bucks the odds to actually accomplish something.

Ex-"Survivor" cutey Elisabeth Hasselbeck is the prime example.

The perky, brainy blonde segued from "Survivor" to a permanent co-hosting gig alongside Barbara Walters on "The View," proving that a lot of good can come from a reality show - provided there's actual talent involved.

But for every Elisabeth, there's an Evan Marriott, the poor schlump who went from "Joe Millionaire" stardom to a berth in the "Where are they now?" bin -- right next "American Idol" runner-up Justin Guarini.

The Winners and Losers

The losers

Jennifer Crisafulli

Then: Fired from "The Apprentice"

Now: Fired from real job

Justin Guarini

Then: "American Idol" runner-up

Now: Since bomb, "From Justin to Kelly," nada

Evan Marriott

Then: "Joe Millionaire"

Now: Host of canceled "Fake-a-Date"

Omarosa

Then: "The Apprentice"

Now: Anywhere there's a camera

The winners

Ereka Vetrini

Then: "The Apprentice"

Now: Co-host of "Tony Danza Show"

Clay Aiken

Then: "American Idol II" runner-up

Now: Successful singing career toured with "Idol" Kelly Clarkson

edited to add story for acrchiving later
Thanks so much, texaslovesclay!!! Ms D.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 09:30:15 AM »

SO MANY GOOD THINGS AND POTENTIAL CLAYVERSIONS ON THE HORIZON,

THANK YOU LADIES FOR BRINGING IT TO US!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 03:02:50 PM »

Ain't no mountain high enough for our man!!!!  It's only the beginning of new, wonderful things for Clay!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 02:24:07 AM »

Pamela, thank you so much for the news and subbing for Ms. D....is she okay and just away????

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx