gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 377
Total: 377

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEW FLORIDA POSTCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4077 times)
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« on: September 27, 2004, 02:58:37 PM »

I am not trying to make light of the situation going on in FL, I was living there at this time last year and I cannot even imagine having to go through what everyone down there is having to endure right now.  They are all always in my thoughts and prayers!!!

However, I got this in an email today from a friend of mine that actually lives in FL - he found it very fitting, and so do I!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 03:30:13 PM »

That postcard pretty much sums up my feelings at the moment living in the hurricane landingstrip myself!

Here are some editorial cartoons that have shown up also:

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 03:30:57 PM »

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 03:31:55 PM »

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 03:36:36 PM »

I've got family in Melbourne, Navarre Beach, Milton/Pensacola and friends in Boca Raton and Orlando. We've all been hit hard and some have lost their house/condo. Born and raised in Florida, this has been a way of life for me.

sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 03:47:30 PM »

Quote from: Moonshot
I've got family in Melbourne, Navarre Beach, Milton/Pensacola and friends in Boca Raton and Orlando. We've all been hit hard and some have lost their house/condo. Born and raised in Florida, this has been a way of life for me.

I lived in Orlando for 5 months last year, end of August - beginning of January.  I don't know what I would have done if this had happened last year!!

Wow, I could not even imagine making that a way of life for me.  I guess I better start imagining, because when I lived there I fell in love with it and would love to move back there when I graduate.  Although all of these hurricanes are starting to make me rethink that idea!!!!!

My heart goes out to all of you and your families, God Bless and keep you all safe!!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 04:09:32 PM »

Moonshot you are the best!!!  What a great attitude you have, and thanks for sharing these pics and the postcard Sarah!! my sentiments also, God bless all of you going thru this terrible time, my heart goes out to you!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 06:24:09 PM »

LOL I live in florida and I think those are so funny.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
claymakesmyday
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 09:40:24 PM »

Very funny!!! I guess all Floridians need to try and keep their sense of humor right now... hang in there and take care!!  
Claytime
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 05:12:01 AM »

Thank You, for sharing the postcard and editorial cartoons Sarah and Moonshot.  My uncle and his family live in Orlando and my dad lives in Frostproof (definetly not hurricane proof).  My heart goes out to all Floridians coping with the aftermath of these terrible storms.  Hang in there and it's encouraging to see the people whom have lived thier whole lives in Florida can maintain thier sense of humor.  I'm going to email these to my dad.  I'm sure he will get a kick out of it.  Take Care and God Bless.
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 09:14:12 AM »

Hey there!! I live in Highlands County Florida!! And these Hurricanes r driving me nuts and scaring th crap out of me!! We have been in the path of all 3 and there really tareing or town apart!! I really hope no more come though here!! I work at Publix a Grocery store and the power has gone out there all three  times and we have had to throw eveything away!! Its sad!! I have been lucky that nothing has happened to my house and I live in a tralior! ANd for this last Hurricane Jeanne my mom didnt wonna live she was getting tired of it!! So I wasnt gonna leave her here alone!! So I stayed with her!! It was very scarey!! And we were very lucky nothing happened to us or our house! Cuz I know my aunt lost her tralior and I know peoples houses the roofs flew off!! So these hurricanes or no fun at all!! I just pray forever one who lives in Florida and prays no more come!! We cant take anymore!!

Anywho I will stop rambleming and jusy say what I was gonna say in the 1st place!! Its nice to come here and see funny stuff to ligten up everything!! And that there r so many nice people like yall who r praying and I know everyone here in Florida THANK ALL OF YALL FOR THAT!!

Thanks again,
    Joyce

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 12:24:29 PM »

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2004, 02:45:32 PM »

There are more Hurricane Cartoons from Jeff Parker, editorial cartoonist, located HERE.

Actual photos of the area can be found HERE.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 10:34:39 PM »

Sarah and Moonshot,

These cartoons show the humor in  tragic circumstances.  I thought they were priceless!  Thanks for sharing with us.  

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx