gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPTEMBER 25  (Read 4064 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: September 25, 2004, 04:51:26 AM »

wave GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!! wave

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

This Week's Hits: Good Charlotte, Hilary Duff, Sheryl Crow[/i]

From James Maguire,
Your Guide to Top 40 / Pop.

The buzz factor...
9/27/04

Having the all-important buzz factor this week are those rockers Good Charlotte. The band's tuneful, guitar-blazing song "Predictable" is one of the most downloaded songs in the universe. Now playing in dorm rooms from coast to coast. (snip)

Okay, of the three million items for sale at Amazon, guess which item is ranked as the Number 9 top selling item (as of this moment)? Yup, it's Clay Aiken's Christmas album. And no, it won't be out until November 9th, so it still has time to hit Number 1. Should be interesting. His book, Learning to Sing, due out on November 2, is the 22nd ranked item (as of this moment.) So he may soon be competing with himself.

About poll: Who's your personal pick -- this week?  Go to poll

Choices: Good Charlotte, Bowling for Soup, Green Day, Hilary Duff, Los Lonely Boys, Nelly, Avril Lavigne, Sheryl Crow, Clay Aiken, Britney Federline.

TOP40

CURRENT POLL RESULTS--CLAY 77%, BRITNEY 22%

James-->

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 04:54:38 AM »

Darrell Hammond Upsets Regis Philbin in 'Best Regis' Category at Today's Relly Awards Ceremony
Friday September 24, 8:05 pm ET
Joan Rivers Receives Lifetime Achievement Award at Second Annual Ceremony on 'Live with Regis and Kelly'

# NEW YORK, Sept. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- In a stunning upset, comedian Darrell Hammond captured the coveted Golden Stool for "Best Regis" at the second annual Relly Awards, which aired on today's "Live with Regis and Kelly." Hammond shut out host Regis Philbin in the category, in a surprise win for the "Saturday Night Live" veteran.

In related Relly news, Philbin and fellow host Kelly Ripa were the biggest winners on Friday, each taking home four Golden Stools. Young actor Daniel Radcliffe of "Harry Potter" fame repeated in the "Best Junior Achiever" category, and Relly red carpet host and comedy icon Joan Rivers received the second Relly Lifetime Achievement Award. "American Idol" singer Clay Aiken accepted his "Favorite Music Guest" award via satellite from North Carolina, where he's working on his next album.

The complete list of winners:

Best Audience Winner:    Bill Cogswell of New York, NY
     Best Wild & Wacky:       Regis Philbin, "The Babysitter Cometh"
     Best Regis:              Darrell Hammond
    Favorite Music Guest:    Clay Aiken
     Best Dressed:            Regis and Kelly as Kid Rock And Pamela Anderson
     Best Junior Achiever:    Daniel Radcliffe
     Best Dance Performance:  Kelly Does the Tango
     Funniest Guest:          Ben Affleck
     Best Host Chat:          Regis and Kelly, "April Fools Joke"
     Most Touching Moment:    Ashley the Cat
     Best Reality Guest:      Boston Rob, "Survivor"
     Best Guest Co-Host:      Mark Consuelos
     Best Show:               Live's Halloween Show

BIZ.YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 04:57:27 AM »

HERE'S THE LINK TO WATCH POYB BYDISNEY'S IDOL!!  LET'S MAKE SURE IT GETS A LOT OF HITS!!

NETSCAPE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 05:03:04 AM »

Learning to Sing
Hearing the Music in Your Life

Written by Clay Aiken and Allison Glock

Category: Biography & Autobiography
Imprint: Random House
Format: Hardcover, 272 pages
Pub Date: November 2004
Price: $21.95
ISBN: 1-4000-6392-2
Also available as an abridged audio cassette, abridged audio CD, an abridged downloadable audiobook and an eBook.

“My mother prophesied years ago that my voice would take me places. She was certain that there was a reason I was able to sing. I am still discovering what that reason is, what it is that God wants to happen.”
–CLAY AIKEN, from Learning to Sing

When he was a kid singing in his church choir, Clay Aiken never dreamed of becoming a pop music star. His ambition was to be a teacher, maybe even a high school principal. But Clay’s mother was right, and the music that was Clay’s joy in life was destined to lead him to unexpected triumphs.

In Learning to Sing, Clay details what his astonishing success has meant to him. He writes from the heart about his life before and since his instant stardom on American Idol, how he has changed, and how he struggles to adapt to life in the public eye. He speaks candidly about his lonely childhood: the father who abandoned him, the school bullies who tormented him, the mother who taught him to be strong, and the friends and teachers who–more than they ever knew–kept him going. He describes his new high-profile life in Los Angeles– the awards shows, the free clothes, the unfortunate presence of avocado on all the food. More significant, he reveals what he has discovered from diving into the white-hot center of pop culture: what it takes for him to stay true to himself and remember the lessons he learned growing up in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Clay shares his struggle to remain a man his mother can be proud of, and writes about the faith that sustains him today just as it did when he was an awkward, unpopular outsider. “I believe God has a direction for me. He did not give me this life just so I could buy a big house and an SUV. My job is to give back and to be a decent human being no matter how many people cheer my name.”

Clay’s friends–the old ones from North Carolina and the millions of new ones who love his voice–will hold this inspiring memoir as close to their hearts as they do his music. Learning to Sing reminds you that anything is possible. Like a perfect song, it will send your spirit soaring.

About the Authors

CLAY AIKEN was one of the two finalists in the 2003 American Idol season, and is undoubtedly the biggest star to emerge from that hit show. Aiken’s debut album, Measure of a Man, hit number 1 on the Billboard 200 in October 2003, selling 612,000 copies during its first week. Aiken’s single “This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water” won the 2003 Billboard Music Award for Bestselling Single. He was honored as the Fan’s Choice winner at the 2003 American Music Awards. Also in 2003, People magazine named the North Carolina crooner one of its Top Entertainers of the Year and one of its Sexiest Men Alive, and he became TV Guide’ s Fan’s Favorite Reality Star. For more information on Clay Aiken, go to www.clayaiken.com.

ALLISON GLOCK is the author of Beauty Before Comfort, an acclaimed memoir about life in West Virginia, now available from Random House Trade Paperbacks. She has written articles for many magazines, including GQ and The New York Times Magazine. She lives in Knoxville, Tennessee.

RANDOMHOUSE

Clay "is" the "News"
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 05:03:19 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
HERE'S THE LINK TO WATCH POYB BYDISNEY'S IDOL!!  LET'S MAKE SURE IT GETS A LOT OF HITS!!

NETSCAPE

Woohoo !   Disneys Idol      When you watch it, there are also links to the rest of Clays videos - including the AOL sessions.   Wouldnt hurt to watch them all.  

Thanks, Deanna !   You work hard for us even early on saturday!  eek!   I have to go to a meeting all day     Thank you for making my morning brighter.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 05:06:14 AM »

Exclusive concert culture at the York Fair
Mike Caggeso
Friday, September 24, 2004

Concert behavior has as much to do with the artist performing as the venue the show is at.

The most recent case in point is our hometown heroes Live, who played to an enthusiastic crowd at the York Fair, but to a quiet crowd at the Strand Theatre in May.

It's safe to say I don't go to fair concerts multiple times a week, and I'd like to share what I witnessed on a behavioral level. It can be argued that these talking points happen at concerts everywhere, but they were prevalent at York Fair shows, and not because there were more people.

In any case, let's begin:

Above-average support for opening bands: For the country acts and pop acts especially, York County showed a lot of appreciation and support for this year's opening acts. The kids at Bowling for Soup grooved along to Brooke Hogan and Soul Fusion, the crowd at Brooks and Dunn's show sang along with Blake Shelton, and Clay Aiken fans gave a very warm reception to Coldplay-esque Ben Jelen.

Opening acts at arena, track or stadium shows are often out-powered by the noise of people talking, but the York Fair concert-goers showed respect and at least listened to what's considered the second-best show of each night.

Of course, there was one exception. Kid Rock fans didn't seem to care at all for his opening act, Whitestarr. Nevermind the fact the sons of Dickey Betts and Roy Orbison are in the band, Whitestarr knocked out quality tunes with 100 percent energy. It doesn't seem to register to people that, many times, headlining artists handpick an up-and-coming band to perform with them. What better source can you get?

But alas, the crowd shouted a lot of boos at Whitestarr. Can't win them all I guess.

Buzz-killing radio representatives: "Hey York! Are you ready for Kid Rock?" (Hold for light and annoyed applause). "He'll be out in a minute, but let us take the time to tell you about our radio station. But before that, look at me. I'm on stage pretending to be someone significant because I work in radio! Hey, do you want a free T-shirt? I feel so empowered watching all you little people down there jump and fight for it. I want to stop talking but I can't."

Obviously, the radio peeps didn't say that every night, but it was running through their heads. Let's give WCAT-FM (102.3) and WQXA-FM (105.7) some credit, though. These stations actually play tunes by the artist whose show they sponsored. In State College, for example, the "modern rock" station sponsors, say, a Lenny Kravitz concert, but rarely spins Kravitz songs.

Name checking = cheap applause: Yes, this happens a lot. No, this doesn't happen everywhere. It doesn't count when a singer says, "What's up York?" and the people go absolutely crazy. "Oh my God, he said York! I live in York! Oh my God!" A singer crosses the line by saying something such as, "Boy it sure is great to be here in York," when the only thing in town they've seen is the stage.

The crowds at the fair are as helpless as a comb-over on a windy day.

Clay Aiken summed it up when he said, "Philly was good to us. York is better." Of course, the audience went nuts. Then Aiken said, "That's what you call pandering the audience." Look up "pander" in the thesaurus and you'll also find the words "pimp," "manipulate" and "hustle."

Let me try: Hey York County! You want some free coupons? It sure is great living here and writing for the York Daily Record! Yay! Look at my face. I love having this column published every two weeks!

Not present at the York Fair: Out-of-place mosh pits, stage rushers and clouds of marijuana smoke. Congratulations York County, these are the three stupidest things at concerts done by the stupidest people. And that, in turn, distracts the rest of us from the show. Granted, the beer-swilling Kid Rock crowd burped at lot, but that was more funny than anything.

YDR.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 05:07:31 AM »

Colleen!!!

Here ya go:

Wanna make sure you stay awake for your meeting!!!
Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 05:10:10 AM »

Letters to the Editor:

Story on Aiken breakin' hearts
Friday, September 24, 2004

Wow, could you have at least sent a fan to cover the Clay Aiken concert? We enjoyed the show immensely. I eagerly awaited the morning newspaper to see a picture and an article we would have for a keepsake. Instead, no picture and a sarcastic story about the crowd and Clay's performance. I thought for a moment my husband wrote the article (also a non-Clay fan).

It was obvious from the day tickets went on sale that this was going to be a very popular show. How many entertainers are there where three generations can go to a concert and enjoy? I took my mother, who is in her 60s, myself in my 30s and my daughter who is 6, and we definitely added to the "insane screaming," as Mike Caggeso put it.

Yes, Clay may not write his own material, but it is obvious that he can sing and his wholesome demeanor are a nice departure from some of today's artists. People left the grandstand happy Thursday evening. Everyone was grinning from ear to ear. At least Mike Caggeso did manage to acknowledge the Bubel/Aiken Foundation in his story. Maybe he should donate to the cause to get back in the good graces of York's Clay fans. Mike, you are allowed to come out of the closet and enjoy Clay Aiken with the rest of us.

MISSY HORNBERGER
RED LION

YDR.COM/LETTERS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 05:12:02 AM »

GRATUITOUS MENTION OF THE DAY:

Challenges today will determine their progress

By Ryan Ernst
Enquirer staff writer

The game was almost five years ago, but Ludlow quarterback Mike Lewis recalls the details as if he were doing play-by-play.

"I was a little kid at that Beechwood-Ludlow game in the playoffs, and it was 0-0 at the half," he said. "In the regular season, Beechwood had beaten Ludlow 62-0, so that was pretty exciting. People were going crazy."

There's something about a small-town underdog. It's why the movie Hoosiers is a classic. It's why American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken sells CDs.

CINCINNATI.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 05:13:44 AM »

Clay Aiken at Carowinds

Clay Aiken, American Idol 2 breakout sensation and University of North Carolina Charlotte graduate, returns to familiar surroundings when he visits Charlotte to perform at Paramount's Carowinds Paladium Amphitheatre at 8 p.m. Oct. 16.

Tickets are $39.50 and $29.50 and are available through Ticketmaster by calling (704) 522-6500, logging on to www.ticketmaster.com, at any Ticketmaster outlet or at the park box office on operating days. For more information visit www.carowinds.com

LOWCOUNTRYNOW

Clay "is" the "News"
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 06:29:29 AM »

G'Morning Mummy! G'Morning Colleen!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh you guys are having coffee? I'm gonna get me a Red Bull on my way into work this morning. BOOOOOOOOOOOO WORK! Yay Red Bull!

Here is Clay's horoscope for the day! From Yahoo.com

Quickie:
Your heart, though unpredictable, is wiser than you think. Follow it.

Overview:
It's time to play, and no one enjoys that quite like you do. Get ready to party, socialize and frolic with kindred spirits. Oh, sure, it sounds just awful -- but you'll be able to handle it if you're brave.

Daily Extended: (Seems a bit similar to yesterday)
Prepare to accomplish a lot in the morning hours. You get out of bed today with quite an inspired plan. Get out your ideas in all possible ways before this ecstatic state (and your energy) fades away. Once you start having doubts again, you'll need other believers to talk you back up. This is a good time to come up with a motto for yourself. Choose something catchy that other people are sure to remember, and repeat it often.

Love Horoscope

Daily Flirt:
People are constantly impressed by that trick you do at parties. You know, where you arrive hardly knowing anyone but by the time you leave you're everyone's best friend? How do you do it?

Daily Couples:
Your interest in other people should be explored in a gentle way. Balance your need to meet new folks with reassuring your lover.

Daily Singles:
People are very receptive to your ideas, so be sure to keep an open mind about theirs. You may be surprised by how quickly you are able to make a meaningful connection through the exchange.

Daily Career:
Today is perfect for exploring new options. You might think about a career move, or just mixing up schedules, routes, billing or other aspects of the job.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 06:34:35 AM »

G'Morning "seeker"!!!

Thanks for my daily Horoscope!!! Wink  Wink

The Sales Charts have been updated here:
CHARTING THE WATERS

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004, 07:17:13 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA.  I AM A LITTLE LATE THIS MORNING.  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.  I CANNOT MISS NOT STOPPING HERE ANY MORNING.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

LORRAINE
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2004, 08:28:12 AM »

Hi Ms. D---hunkering down for Jeanne, so you may not hear from me for a bit.  I expect the power to go out soon since the winds have begun gusting.

Take care and thanks for the news and all you do!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayfan104
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004, 09:03:44 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac

NETSCAPE

OKay wow thats the first time i saw that. But wow just wow. Clay looks so good singing that and he is so into it! It just made me smile to watch it. Did i mention that i love clay.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2004, 09:25:06 AM »

Jayne--
Be safe!!!! :luck :luck

The Claymaniac Tour Review thread has also been updated:
TOUR REVIEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
AdoringClay
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2004, 10:48:37 AM »

Quote from: Her
---hunkering down for Jeanne, so you may not hear from me for a bit.  I expect the power to go out soon since the winds have begun gusting...

Her...we're thinking about you.  I hope Jeanne is kind to you...you can still listen to Clay on your battery-powered CD player!  He will help you get through it!  Listen to "I Will Carry You"...

We're all sending lots of Clay Love to you today!  Sue g.
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2004, 11:40:58 AM »

Thanks Deanna and aikenseeker!

I loved that they called OMC "Disney's Idol"!  That is so awesome!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2004, 12:27:48 PM »

Oh Sue and Deanna, thank you both soooo much!  Yeah, portable battery operated CD player already loaded with Clay

I still have power so thought I 'd check in.  Watching all the storm stuff is making me oversaturated.  What I'd like to watch is one of my Clay DVD's, but I know I wouldn't be able to talk hubby into it!

Bye and thanks again.....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2004, 12:31:39 PM »

A very long and detailed revew of the Aladdin Platinum Version....  If you are interested in reading the whole thing, here is the link.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?postid=2391276#post2391276

Clay's part is under DISC 1: Music Videos

Music Videos: New and Old. We have Clay Aiken perform a wonderful version of “Proud of Your Boy” (and the 5.1 option for this video is astounding, though the 1.78:1 letterbox video is disappointingly 4x3 lbx rather than 16x9) and Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey perform a new version of “A Whole New World” which was nice to listen to, but doesn’t supplant the Regina Bell and Bryson original version as my favorite (also included with 2.0 DD audio).

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx