gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK SEPTEMBER 22  (Read 6301 times)
ClayBuf
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2004, 10:41:38 AM »

The review of the Big E concert was one of the best of the tour. I now have a favorite review description of Clay's concerts:
Only a year into his professional career, Aiken is an absolute marvel in the way he handles a performance.

An absolute marvel .....

~Buffi
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2004, 11:16:15 AM »

Where do these reporters get their misinformation? Hey, Claynadiens, set them straight, please!

http://www.mp3.tv/articles/article_popup_with_history.php?id=939

2004-09-19 ::
Kalan Porter: The Newest "Idol" on the Block

View other " POP Rock " articles!

Move over America's latest "Idol” Fantasia Barrino, there’s a new talent in town.

This week, Medicine Hat, Alberta native Kalan Porter was crowned the ‘Canadian Idol’ in season two of the Canadian version of the popular American talent competition. The 18-year-old beat out Saskatchewan’s Theresa Sokyrka by winning a majority of the 3.6 million votes cast by Canadian viewers. He also outlasted more than 9,000 contestants who auditioned for the 34-week program that outshone the first season of “Canadian Idol” in talent and viewer interest. More than 32 million votes were cast this season as compared to 20.5 million votes cast during the first season.

Now that the first hurdle is over, the toughest part awaits Porter – maintaining a music career. American Idol’s top vote-getters including winners Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Studdard and runner-up Clay Aiken have realized success but have just as quickly fallen into the background of the popular music scene.

The win represents a recording deal with BMG Canada. Before the end of September, Porter will be in studio recording his full-length debut. The album will likely launch with the show’s single “Awake in a Dream,” a typical “Idol” song about pursuing dreams.

Porter is no stranger to public performance and it showed throughout the competition. For the past five years he has played in several bands and before that, studied numerous instruments including violin and guitar. From age 10 to 14 he took classical voice lessons. Porter grew up on his family’s fifth generation buffalo/cattle ranch where he performed various chores including branding livestock. Recently, he completed his first year in the commerce program at Medicine Hat College.

“Canadian Idol” is likely to be renewed although the CTV network has not confirmed a third season.

Our Thoughts

Clay has had a hit and so has Kelly, but neither singer has gone too far past one-hit wonder status … at least, not yet.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2004, 11:17:56 AM »

Thanks for the news!

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2004, 02:15:45 PM »

This is pretty long--but I loved it when I read it

Clay Aiken Solo Tour Ends -- Reliving The Magic

A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n!

After what seemed like an eternity, the lights went down and the music intensified -- a clear signal that HE was on his way at last! Our anticipation was palpable as we watched the lights on the steps flashing to the rhythmic beat of U2's Streets With No Name -- slowly the huge door opened and the object of our affection suddenly appeared, standing in the smokey midst -- this was serious stuff! As the haunting melody drew us all in -- the screams grew louder with each step forward, and by the time he made it to the mic stand, it was pandimonium!

Whoa! What an eye full this was -- appearing comfortable, confident, and now up to a whooping 10 on the Drop Dead Gorgeous scale! Our senses now submerged in light, color and sound, reeling under the power of Clay's voice -- 'when I go there, I'll go there with you...it's all I can do', sailing with ease above the band with all the intensity of a true rocker! If this was a promise of things to come, we'd best fasten our seat belts for the ride of our lives! Clay had shown us with Kyrie (Independent Tour), and now the mother ship entry, that he knows how to launch a show -- and on this grand note of anticipation 'The Not A Tour' officially landed in the summer of 2004!.

During the IT we were dazzeled and in awe, but even more so now as Clay seemed to be trying out new things, spreading his wings and dishing out one surprise after another! THUD too, moved to its' highest power as he punched up songs from MOAM, including Perfect Day, bringing back the enchanting Run To Me, and breathing new life into I Will Carry You! His voice had never sounded better. We marveled at the many wardrobe changes as compared to IT -- and the hair, long in the back with sideburns -- the eye candy alone worth the price of the ride!

Gifts from The Gifted One

As we've come to expect, Clay had more to give than his beautiful voice, he gave us touching and often humorous expressions of himself as well! To the backdrop of When You Say You Love Me, Clay opened up even more of his personal charm, wit and warmth! By giving away real Hawaiian leis that were sent to him, and special T-shirts -- creating an atmosphere of fun and competition. Fans had to perform for these trophies, and somehow they always seemed to win -- serving to underscore that there are no losers in Clay's mind! His sense of inclusion was prevalent -- including the fans in his show was an obvious priority, whether through reading the signs or interacting with us, Clay was on a mission -- make a connection, touch someone, make a difference!

I'll Come To You

There can be little doubt that Clay himself came up with the idea of auditioning singers and dancers. Envy those lucky fans who got to dance with Clay in addition to getting hugs and even kisses! The selected dancers were of all ages, including an 89 year-old Claymate who came up on the stage and danced with Clay - walker and all! Among the singers were children, including John, a young boy from Make A Wish who sang TITN with Clay. Some of the singers were outstanding and Clay showered them with praise and then jokingly ordered them to 'get off my stage'! Clay even appeared to be enamored by one talented and attractive singer, which of course hit the boards like a category 5 hurricane! There were Clay look-a-likes, and one such could have been Clay's twin, though nowhere near as tall.

Fans came from all over to each venue, bearing gifts, carrying signs, dressed in Clay attire. This was possibly the most unique concert in music history, certainly the most caring and loving, not to mention the outstanding ticket sales during a slow summer for live concerts in general. Can't ignore that Clay received glowing reviews with only a very few exceptions.

'A Little Bit Of Something For Everyone'

Always in touch, Clay's set was audience friendly -- hence we heard him in interviews make reference to what he called his 'eclectic set...a little bit of something for everyone' -- but, hey, would Mr. Inclusion have it any other way? So in addition to U2, we got some great covers mixed in including Still The One, Rosanne, the very hot Chain Of Fools and Signed, Sealed, Delivered!

Clay teased us a little with his growl and sizzling dance moves! The guy has soul, but we knew that! We watched as Clay turned his 'mic stroke' into a new art form, not only during I Survived You, but other songs as well! The message boards were a blaze!

'You've Lost Your Songs Forever'

We got even more James Taylor this time, as the backup singers showed off their lead vocals too, always ending in a contest to see who could hold the last note the longest, we got an added bonus watching Clay double over in laughter, (I wouldn't be surprised if he kept score). But it was Clay's singing that brought the goose bumps -- Rockabye Sweet Baby James still resonantes!

A Moving Tribute

Clay chose this tour to pay tribute to introduce a Contemporary Christian song and if we listen closely to the words of You Were There, we can get in on the practical faith Clay senses and experiences in his own life and career...

'Every moment, every planned coincidence, just all makes sense...You were there, when the hardest fight seemed so out of reach,You were there, You were always there.'

There was some initial controversy from some fans after the first performance of this, but the majority respected Clay's decision to include this in his secular set.

'My Fans Are The Best In The World'

After the rousing and emotional This Is The Night, along with a video montage that began with his audition, and highlighted much of his career, Clay descended the stairs saying, 'There are, I'm sure, people who would argue with me about this, but I would fight 'em, by saying that my fans are without a doubt the best in the world, so just saying thank you is not enough.' With his beautiful face aglow with obvious feelings of love and gratitude, he dedicates Invisible to us, inviting us to jump in as he shouts 'your turn', extending the mic, and then smiling deeply at our response. Lost in the moment, the strobe lights flashing -- 'we love you Clay'!

'There Was A Man...'

As the encore, the long awaited Solitaire was offered up from lofty heights -- looking very much alone, he clasped his hands around the mic stand as the distinct sound of 'expectation' settled over the fans. Before this tour only a lucky few had ever seen Clay sing this in person -- the majority now were Solitaire Virgins, whose senses were straining as the first solemn notes began for the long awaited glory notes! Once again, it was about 'anticipation' -- we knew they were coming, and when they came, he transported us with him -- we screamed, but mostly gasped! Randy was the first to ask, 'Where is that voice coming from, man?', and we felt it echo in our hearts.

As the song ended and he turned to leave, we were suddenly struck with a deep sense of abandonment, thousands of eyes gazing hopefully at the now vacated spot where he stood -- possessed with only one thought, 'When will we see you again'?

Saying Goodbye Through The Tears

'I was there last night of the Note A Tour, and Clay seemed really up until TITN started, and he started to get all teary eyed and misty. He seemed so thrilled at the amount of fans that were there for the final concert, and he was sad to see it end.

'We Went Away Touched'

What you didn't see was at the buses when they first arrived and before they left, the whole band was celebrating, crying, hugging, dancing, taking pictures of us and giving away t-shirts and really communicating with us.... All of them were. It was one HUGE giant love fest. Even people that weren't fans walked away obviously touched by the experience.' (Recap from last venue).

Clay -- your Claymates and the entire Clay Nation say THANK YOU! You gave so much to us and along with your phenonmenal talent and charisma, you're a great role model!

Linda Wheeler-Williams

[/b]

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 03:32:54 PM »

Angela,

I loved the article you posted.  So moving and heart wrenching! Cry!

What a love he is.  As usual, my favorite words, and probably Lorraine, "I cant stand it."  Just mean that we are crazy in love with that man!!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 03:33:53 PM »

Bisi,

Where have those people been that wrote that article about Clay having a hit and didn't go too far!  He must live on the other side of the world because he sure doesn't know a thing he is talking about!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 03:34:25 PM »

Thanks Angela -- what a great review.  

It made me imagine I was really there
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 04:52:04 PM »

everyone!!!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 05:53:44 PM »

Quote from: aikenseeker
Gooooooood Morning Ladies!!!

It's Wednesday! Deanna thanks for the news!!!!

See now I was going to post Clay's horoscope this morning but I'm afraid to say ladies that it is VERY, VERY boring!!!! Poor Clay, nothing excited from the stars on his horizons today!

LOL

A boring horoscope? Imagine!  Laughing

I would like to formally invite aikenseeker to post Clay's horoscope in our ANN thread each day.  If it's boring, we won't worry about it.  But on those days when it's intriguing, interesting, relevant or just FUNNY! then by all means, please share it with us!

Looking forward to looking to the stars....

And, thank you!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 06:15:15 PM »

bisi, when I read that it made me feel really sad to think this fella is that misinformed!!!!  But when I think of it, the only song's I've ever heard on radio here are TITN and Invisible, maybe this Bozo hasn't done enough research to know what a true phenomenon Clay is, and how much more than those two songs he's had successs with!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2004, 06:18:41 PM »

Quote from: Pamela

I would like to formally invite aikenseeker to post Clay's horoscope in our ANN thread each day.  If it's boring, we won't worry about it.  But on those days when it's intriguing, interesting, relevant or just FUNNY! then by all means, please share it with us!

Looking forward to looking to the stars....

And, thank you!

Yer welcome toots! I would be more than happy to do that. It's fun! I usually check every day after I check my own....

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2004, 07:14:02 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/23/arts/23Rich.html?ex=1096516800&en=c57f574332bd3c12&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

PHILIP ROTH is one of America's great novelists, but you don't expect him to be barreling up the best-seller list with a book that hasn't even been published yet. "Literary fiction," as it is now stigmatized in the cultural marketplace, no longer flies off the shelves unless struck by the TV lightning of Oprah or the "Today" show. And yet there was "The Plot Against America" in the top 25 at amazon.com last week, at one point the only serious contemporary American novel on the list, sandwiched between Clay Aiken's memoir and "The South Beach Diet." It had ascended without benefit of a single author's interview on TV or anywhere else and with only the first few reviews, not all of them ecstatic

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx