gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:15:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 462
Total: 462

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WILL555...YOUR FIRST CLAYING! TELL US! DETAILS!  (Read 6371 times)
AdoringClay
« on: September 20, 2004, 12:44:34 AM »

Hi Will555 (Greg)...

Well, I have been dying to hear what you are thinking and feeling after your first Claying at The Big E...you are such a big fan and you had never even seen Clay in person - I can just imagine what's going through your head after your first concert experience!

What kind of seat did you have...how did he look...what did he wear...how did he sound...give us all of the details????

We all know that nothing compares to seeing OBC perform in person...and, it's so fun to watch and hear the crowd react to him...It just kinda reconfirms your feelings of how great he is...

I can't wait to hear your story...  

Clay love...Sue g.
clayfan104
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:44:43 AM »

GREG I CAN NOT WAIT EITHER! IM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!                            
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 07:56:38 AM »

All right, Greg...

We're waiting.  

Spill it.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 11:57:18 AM »

Oh Greg, we all want to hear!!!  Where are you??!!! Yoo Hoo!!???

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 12:26:16 PM »

Are you guys SERIOUS.

HAHAHAHA I just cracked up out loud and dropped my book.

Okay fiiine.

UN BELIEV ABLE

I almost lost it a bunch of times. Especially "I Will carry You." I was so close to losing it...I just grabbed my friend Emily and held onto her. We waited in line for three hours, but hell, it was so worth it. I had a great bunch of people to hang out with.

BUT it was almost miserable.

We sat down for the concert...and it was cold. Hey, it's Massachusetts. 40 something...and all of a sudden, it felt I was gonna explode in my own crap like a Tomagotchi does when it dies. I felt like such crap. I couldn't even sit up straight. So Ben Jelen goes on, and I can't even watch without grimacing and shivering. I was like NOOO I WANNA SEE CLAY AND BE ABLE TO FREAKING STAND

So Ben leaves and I'm still in excrutiating pain. Then we wait forEVER for Clay to start. In the cold. And then Clay comes on. I am so serious, the pain went WHOOSH. It was so cool. So he sings his songs...once he hit his first note, my eyes glazed over. I was so starstruck. I wanted to cry, it was so incredible. It was just overwhelming. his background singers were amazing, it was just WAAAHHHHOOO I was so excited. Then he sang Measure of a Man (AMAZING), Kyrie...wow...and a This is the Night montage...unbelievable. They were all SOO good. I was just blown away.

That's all there is to it. And Solitaire at the end? I was gone.

The END. Thanks for making the topic just for me. You guys rock.

Love you all...

Greg

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
AdoringClay
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 01:35:43 PM »

WOW!  From the look of your pictures, you must have had a great seat (or quite the good ZOOM lens)...

I told you so, Greg...once you see him in person you will be blown away for life by him...Now you truly know why we're all sooooo obsessed around here...and, why we just can't get enough of him...and, why we have to hear him daily to make our day great...and, how great it feels when the crowd goes crazy for him...and, how once you've seen him in person once, you will do just about anything you have to do to see him again!

Greg, remember your feelings from last night and relish them for months to come...Actually, I am still on a "Clay High" from the 3 Summer concerts I went to in August.  Heck, I can still feel the "Clay High" from the AI2 concert in August of '03 and the 2 Independent concerts I went to in March of '04!  I know it sounds crazy, but I really can still feel it...

Funny, my husband (even though he is a fan too) says that now that I've seen Clay in concert 6 times in total, maybe that will help to "get him out of my system" and that maybe I won't be so over the top obsessed anymore...HE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT IT DOES TO YOU WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN THE SAME ROOM/ARENA AND SEE THE BOY PERFORM LIVE!  IT JUST LEAVES YOU WANTING/NEEDING MORE, MORE, MORE!  (Hummmm...I wonder if I should travel to North Carolina???)

Is hunkalicious wearing a coat and a turtleneck in your one picture?  He looks (really) great...

How did his voice sound in the cold?

How many people were there???

Is there another thread on this concert where I can get all the details...

Clay love to Greg and all...Sue g.
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 01:41:41 PM »

He wore the red blazer and turtleneck for just about the entire night. The cold didn't seem to bother him...his notes were flawless. Cept I think one note he had to cut short from a wind, but other than that, nothing.

Absolutely AAAMAAZZING

I had a good zoom, but we could also see him really well. There were 3000 people inside the fences (WHY WAS IT OUTDOORS) and another couple thousand outside.

-Greg...Clayguy-
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
clayfan104
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 02:05:14 PM »

Yea my first concert experience with clay was absolutly unbeleivable. I did almost lose it a few times also. yea that first note WHEW! you feel like ya dies came to heaven and came back down! Greg im so glad you had a great time and ya know how could ya not ! lol IT SUCKED IT WAS COLD THOUGH.
Shakin4Aiken
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 02:14:05 PM »

Sounds like you had a lot of fun Greg! I love the red blazer! shocking
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 02:27:59 PM »

Greg- I am so happy you had a great time!!

- liz
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 03:22:18 PM »

Greg wrote:
40 something...and all of a sudden, it felt I was gonna explode in my own crap like a Tomagotchi does when it dies.

Uh huh.  And, uh ... where do we buy tickets for that?

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 03:30:29 PM »

Seriously, though...

Greg wrote:
Clay comes on. I am so serious, the pain went WHOOSH. It was so cool. So he sings his songs...once he hit his first note, my eyes glazed over. I was so starstruck. I wanted to cry, it was so incredible. It was just overwhelming. his background singers were amazing, it was just WAAAHHHHOOO I was so excited. Then he sang Measure of a Man (AMAZING), Kyrie...wow...and a This is the Night montage...unbelievable. They were all SOO good. I was just blown away.

That was one of the best descriptions I've ever read about the way Clay makes his fans feel.  Amazing, Greg - you have a flair for making me feel like I was there. (Which I wasn't.  Just to clarify.  LOL)  I told you you're intelligent.

Beautiful, and the pics rock.  Thanks for sharing them.  I'm so glad to hear you had a totally miserable, completely amazing time.  LOL

Just one question....

Did you remember to tell Clay that LadyC really admires his toushie?  

Yeah, I know.  I'm

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 03:55:47 PM »

yay greg!  i can relate to you being a little star struck...i kept saying to liz "o my gosh, we are within 1 mile from clay omygosh omygosh omygosh"

im glad you had a blast!!

-kt
outthereforclay
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 04:10:50 PM »

Adoring Clay wrote:
Funny, my husband (even though he is a fan too) says that now that I've seen Clay in concert 6 times in total, maybe that will help to "get him out of my system" and that maybe I won't be so over the top obsessed anymore...

This, to me, just shows to go you that no matter how wonderful a husband is about this whole "Clay thing", he JUST CAN'T GET IT....My hubby is great...doesn't give me grief about my traveling and concerts and computer time, etc....but he JUST DOESN'T GET IT.

Greg, it was so so wonderful to read a young man's reaction to Clay in concert. It's especially meaningful to me to know that Clay's totality is reaching males, too.

(Well, let me rephrase that...I don't know about Clay's "totality" reaching you, but...well...you know what I mean...I'm sure. )
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 04:19:04 PM »

Greg..Thanks for your great description of your evening but you seem to have left something out!

DID YOU AUDITION TO SING!? I know you posted and I posted back but I never followed up on the thread. We know it was female..but did you get to find Jerome and go for it??

Hearing Clay sing live is incredible. He seriously puts sooo many other "pop" singers to shame. Without electronics and other technical instruments- they can't sing or some just sort of "talk" their way through a song! Couldn't hold a note if someone reached inside them to PULL it out!!

Glad you had a great experience and oh! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! PLUS you got to see great new clothes in person!!

Lora-Ohio
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 05:25:19 PM »

Greg, it sounds like you had a great time!  Great pictures and thanks so much for sharing your expericence with us!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 06:00:09 PM »

We walked in and we saw Jerome walking with a group of girls towards the stage, saying that they were going on stage or something. I would have gone, because THAT IS WHAT I WANT MORE THAN CHEETOS but he was big and he was striding purposefully away. Plus my stomach hurt like whoa and I would have sung miserably in the audition and cleared up AFTERWARDS...and then I would not be here right now, I would still be on the bench in Springfield, curled in the fetal position, singing "Jesus Loves Me." AND THAT SENTENCE WAS TOO LONG.

Sorry. I appreciate how you thought of my description...that's what it was. I was so amazed. Laura, my girlfriend, was next to me, and she thought I was gonna cry the whole time...I kinda wanted to. It was so amazing.

Oh well..when Clay comes to my concert, I'll let him up on stage...JUST TO MAKE HIM FEEL BADLY.

-Greg...Clayguy-
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 06:30:45 PM »

Greg wrote:
Oh well..when Clay comes to my concert, I'll let him up on stage...JUST TO MAKE HIM FEEL BADLY.

ROFL!  Can I come to your concert, too?  I promise not to throw red panties at you!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 06:35:27 PM »

Sure...I'll get you on stage. And I'll put you behind Clay.

muaha

-Greg...Clayguy-
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 06:40:14 PM »

Quote from: wil555
Sure...I'll get you on stage. And I'll put you behind Clay.

muaha

LOL!    Promise?

Love ya,
Kris

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx