gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLAY CLAYS CLAYFANS AT CLAY COUNTY FAIR!  (Read 57732 times)
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #560 on: September 11, 2004, 08:28:26 PM »

Goodnight everyone!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #561 on: September 11, 2004, 08:28:38 PM »

GOODNIGHT DEV!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #562 on: September 11, 2004, 08:29:44 PM »

Marilyn,

All done on purpose and in fun!  I think I will go look at the downloads.

I am beginning to worry about my husband.  He didn't drive.  Hopefully, he is having fun.

Love ya,
Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #563 on: September 11, 2004, 08:39:47 PM »

Thanks to everyone here for making this another wonderful cellcert! Had so much fun tonight!  

See everyone tomorrow night in St.Charles, MO!

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #564 on: September 11, 2004, 08:49:09 PM »

Philly - How funny!

NOW GIVE HIM A BIG KISS!!

CAN YOU TELL I HAD SOME SUGAR TONIGHT???        [/quote]

lmao  lmao  lmao

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2004, 03:18:45 PM »

Warning:  This will be a long one!   Roll eyes

It was a bitter-sweet concert for me.  I have been blessed and I have taken for granted being able to go to 5 concerts this summer.  I tried to just let Clay’s wonderful performance and voice take me over and block any and everything else out!

This was the first concert that I have traveled (3 hrs) to alone and didn’t even plan on meeting anyone there.  Although I would do it again in a heartbeat, talking with someone else before and after about Clay and the excitement of the concert certainly does add an additional element.  

On my way, about 20 minutes from the fair in another small town, I saw what I think was Clay’s bus in a hotel parking lot.  Granted, I didn’t see Clay or anyone from his entourage, but it was a bus just like his and really, what are the chances that there would be another bus like that in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, 20 minutes from where he was going to perform?  Oh well, even if it wasn’t, it still got me excited, knowing that Clay was near!!  

I walked around the fair a bit, watched a hypnotist, who briefly referred to Clay performing there that night.  I was surprised that there weren’t any screams when his name was mentioned.  I am so used to hearing that.  I also watched Jerome audition singers. He is so great with the fans that all gather around him, he listens to them and takes all kinds of gifts for Clay.

There was only grandstand seating, no floor area.  The stage was out on a trailer kind of thing and there was about a 20 foot gap between the stage and the grandstand. Kind of weird, it seemed so far away!  As I was waiting for the concert to start I caught a quick glimpse of Nick bringing the white suit and other clothes to the back of the stage.

To me it felt like this was a crowd that didn’t have a lot of the avid Clay fans in it.  I didn’t see a lot of Clay shirts or a lot of signs.  I know there were a lot of other little things I noticed to make me think that, but I can’t think of them now.  But they definitely were loud and showed their appreciation to Clay.  There were quite a few men and families. There was one guy behind me who looked to be 16-20 years old, I heard him tell someone that he had come alone!

My only gripe about the concert was a few of the fans that ruined a couple of parts for me.    argh!  One was people yelling several times for a couple of girls to sit down during YGAF.  I didn’t mind the girls standing, I minded people yelling many times very loud over the song.  I missed the entire part of Clay thanking the crew and about 2/3’s of SSD due to the distraction of a fan behind me being caught with a video camera. Jerome was trying to get her to leave with him to “discuss” things, but she and her friend would not budge one bit or give up the bag.  I don’t believe that she was an online fan because I heard her ask “Who are you?” and Jerome said, “I‘m Jerome, SECURITY!”  Eventually, a couple of event staffers, Chuck and possibly a police officer were all up there trying to get her to come with them. Finally, the two girls did go with them.

I really love all the songs that Clay sings and found myself wondering if I would see him perform some of them ever again.  Tonight, my favorites were MOAM and Invisible!  

Don’t throw things at me,  Paranoid  but ISY has never been one of my favorites or one that gets me going like many others, but last nights performance was the one that got me!  Absolutely amazing how expressive he was!

YWT was great too.  Through my binoculars, after Clay was lowered down, I could see how much this song affected Quiana.  Not sure if there were actually tears, but she definitely was feeling the emotion of the song!  I watched TITN through my binoculars.  What a performance, I loved it.  I noticed the back of his collar was flipped up a bit on his plaid jacket.  It kind of looked like he was trying to be preppy!  I guess no one checks him after his quick wardrobe changes!  Lots and lots of screams for close up of WWJD bracelet. I also saw a huge moth swoop down on his head at the end!  He didn’t even swat it away!  I also watched Solitaire through my binoculars.  It was wonderful to watch the pure joy on his face as he took his two bows, did his salute and was lowered down.  He definitely loves us and enjoys what he is doing.  And before I was even half way down the grandstand I saw the bus rolling away!

I have completely enjoyed each of my concert experiences this summer.  Each one was special in it own way.  I am lucky to have all the fine memories of Clay and Claymaniac friends that I do.  As much as Clay deserves to be able to slow down and take some time off, I can’t help but be selfish in hoping that I will be able to see him LIVE again soon!!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2004, 03:56:41 PM »

Invisible Touch!

Your review was so awesome.    Describing the last concert just has to include the word "bittersweet"!   Being there alone vs. the before and after Maniac conversations.   Different perspective.

Yes, if someone asked Jerome, "who are you", you can bet they haven't been part of a fan website.   Too bad that a couple of songs were spoiled by "fans" who absolutely forgot their manners (assuming they own any manners)!

So glad you and Clay got together once more before the end of his tour.  I'm happy you traveled safely.  

Thanks for the "heads up" on the great version of ISY.   As soon as it appears ready for download, I'll grab it  - - - and I'll think of you!

Thanks again for sharing your concert.

Barbara

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx