gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CLAY'S LITTLE HOUSE ON THE GRAND PRAIRIE IS ROCKIN TONIGHT!  (Read 47454 times)
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2004, 08:26:01 PM »

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE.  THANK YOU PAM, TIFF AND PHILLY FOR A GREAT CELLCERT.  UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

LORRAINE
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2004, 08:26:07 PM »

GOODNIGHT ALL, AND THANKS TO TIFF AND PHILLY FOR THE CELLCERT-
LADIES, I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR COMPANY IMMENSELY!

TAKE CARE AND SWEET CLAYDREAMS TO ALL

LORRAINE-SPECIAL HUGS- WE WILL THINK OF SOMETHING TO GET YOU NOTICED IN SPRINGFIELD!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ILClaymate
« Reply #382 on: September 08, 2004, 08:27:30 PM »

Thanks to Tiff and Philly for the great cellcert!!

Have a great night all!!  

:huggles Clayhugs!
Angela
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #383 on: September 08, 2004, 08:28:19 PM »

Howrya said she's out by the busses. There are already five rows deep of people. The fence is tall...like taller than Jerome tall.

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #384 on: September 08, 2004, 08:28:44 PM »

Thanks for the cellcert!!!!!!!

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
claydevotee
« Reply #385 on: September 08, 2004, 08:29:30 PM »

HE READS THE BOARDS!
HE READS THE BOARDS??

MARILYN, I just got back....Did he mention this onstage tonight??
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #386 on: September 08, 2004, 08:30:27 PM »

From Bolt Cellcerter:

"EVERYTHING I SAY ENDS UP ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS, AND I DO READ THEM" (NOT THAT WE MAKE HIM NERVOUS) AND HE HAD AN EVIL LITTLE GRIN WHEN HE SAID IT!!!! SO HE DOES READ US!!! I HAD A HARD TIME HEARING HIM!!! JEAN IS HEADING FOR BUSES BUT DOESN'T THINK HE'LL COME OUT LIKE LAST NIGHT! TOO MANY!!!!!

BIG OLE SECURITY GUYS COMING OUT TONIGHT
MISSED A POST = THERE IS AN 8' CHAINLINK
FENCE ABOUT 50' LONG IF I LOST THAT POST...
TALKING TO WINDSTAR NOW - SHE SAID SHE
WILL HAVE "CHAINLINKAGE" TOMORROW
CMP IS PUTTING HER LIP GLOSS ON JUST
IN CASE - THEY HOPE HE WILL COME OUT
AND SHAKE HANDS THRU FENCE LIKE HE
DID LAST TIME IN DALLAS (IF I LOST THAT
POST)...........

[he said the message board comment] During the thank you before INVISIBLE.

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #387 on: September 08, 2004, 08:32:57 PM »

TALKING TO EMOTING NOW - SHE'S "OMG OMG"
HE WAS JUST SO FABULOUS - ACOUSTICS WERE
SO WONDERFUL - CROWD WAS BALLISTIC..HIS
BANTER WAS WONDERFUL - HE JUST WENT ON
AND ON - THEY ARE STILL WAITING AT THE FENCE..
JOHN JUST WENT BY............

songbird457
« Reply #388 on: September 08, 2004, 08:33:21 PM »

Thanks everyone for the cellcert tonight!

Sweet Clay dreams for us all.... Love!
claydevotee
« Reply #389 on: September 08, 2004, 08:34:10 PM »

~~~sigh~~~another cellcert....just thinking about how much I'll miss these during the "dry season"....  

THANKS SO MUCH TO PAMELA, TIFF, AND PHILLY.  GREAT REPORTING!!!

This was so much fun tonight.  'Til we gather again on Friday(?)  Auf wiedersehen, Goodbye!!!!
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2004, 08:35:25 PM »

THEY ARE ON ONE SIDE OF THE CHAINLINK
FENCE AND THE BUSES ARE ON THE OTHER...
BUT IN MARCH HE DID COME OUT - THEY
DID HAVE TO WAIT AN HOUR...BUT HE
FINALLY CAME OUT......
MATT THE LOOKALIKE WAS THERE, AND
THE SECURITY GUYS IN THE FRONT WERE
GETTING A BIG KICK OUTTA HIM - ABOUT
75 PEOPLE WERE SWARMING HIM!!!
STILL WAITING AT FENCE...DETERMINED
TEXAS WILD WOMEN !!!

tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2004, 08:38:38 PM »

Thanks to Philly and Pamela!
Thanks to cellcerters and reporters at the Clayboard!
And thanks to everyone here for making these so much fun! Much love to all!

See everyone friday night in Hutchinson, KS at the Kansas State Fair!

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2004, 08:40:34 PM »

Quote from: PHILLYLUVSCLAY
WELL A LITTLE IS BETTER THAN NONE.....
LOVE YA
PHILLY

Words to live by Philly, words to live by.  Wink

Quote from: heater
Thanks for another great cellcert tiff, Pamela and Philly!  
I'm headed to bed...Sweet Clay Dreams to all!   Huggles

I did nothing but mostly read tonight...it was fun!  Thank you tiff and Philly, and Tammy and Angela and everyone else for the pix, and everyone for the laughs and the snark and the info and ALL OF IT.

Good times.

And Clay reads the boards.  Huh.  I would have never guessed.  wave
AdoringClay
« Reply #393 on: September 08, 2004, 08:42:56 PM »

Cry! Just got here...looks like I missed the whole thing!  

I'm gonna wait to see if anyone reports he came out to the fence....I will never forget when I "GOT TOUCHED" on 8/27/04........

I wanna hear what he is wearing when he walks to the bus...always looks so tired and like he's ready for nappy time!

Clay love to anyone still awake!  Sue g.
songbird457
« Reply #394 on: September 08, 2004, 08:48:54 PM »

Hi Adoring Clay!!  

I hope he greets our dallas friends. Last night they just drove his bus by us. Clay sat in the front passenger seat w/ a blue shirt on, spikey hair and a huge, CLay smile for us. I could reach out and almost touch the bus window as it passed us. ANd as it drove by it was still like a Clay rush - even though he was on the bus and not touching us.

And then I wanted to cry because he was gone.  And I already missed him. sniff, sniff.
 Cry!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2004, 08:50:31 PM »

THANKS TO TIFF AND PAMELA BABY FOR THE CELLCERT..

BOZENA JUST CALLED ME BACK.. REAL QUICK.. LINDA WENT TO THE BUSES RIGHT BEFORE THE END OF SOLITAIRE

I NEED TO CLARIFY THAT IT WAS BOZENA THAT WON THE THE SIGNED CD AND SINGLE.  SO NOW HAPPILY BOZENNA HAS A FINGER PRINT OF CLAY WHICH MEANS POSSIBLE DNA LURKING....LOL...

I WANT TO LINDA ( DUDLEY) , BOZENNA AND JULIE WHO GAVE THE GIFT OF 2 NIGHTS FULL OF CELLCERTS..

LOVE YA

PHILLY
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #396 on: September 09, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

Hello everyone,

I don't know where I'm supposed to post the concerts, but I hope you don't mind that I chose this spot.
     If you didn't hear, yes Clay came out to the fence last night.  I was so far back, couldn't see what he had on.  I did see that he had on a pull down hat.   I did see him better  inside the bus leaving moments later.  He had on a white tshirt and a gorgeous smile.
     The concert was GREAT   I can't believe my luck!  Prissy and I ended up on the  FIRST ROW!!! wave  
    We had tickets in the 200's and as soon as we got to Nokia, we went to the ticket office to check for better seats.  The lady told us that they had section 105 row e.  Well, this was not the 5th row, but the second!  We ended up in the first because those two girls simply walked to the first row middle section to some empty seats.
    Prissy and I were within six feet from Clay everytime he came to our side of the stage.  The security guard would not allow anyone to stand in front of us, so HELLO DEAR CLAY!
    I'm hoping that Prissy will detail the report for you because I was so busy taking pictures and staring at Clay, I don't remember too much more!
     I LOVED HIS CONCERT AND IF I NEVER GET AS CLOSE AS I WAS AGAIN!  THE NIGHT WAS WORTH IT. :love2
JoAnn M.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #397 on: September 09, 2004, 10:48:07 AM »

JoAnn,

Thanks for your review.  No, my friend may listen to me when I say we should sneak the front!!  Hurray for you!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #398 on: September 09, 2004, 12:27:33 PM »

CT Love Clay,

Thanks, I talked to Prissy this morning and she is preparing a "real" review of last night.  My mind has a senior moment when it needs to recall details.  Once, I saw Clay so close, all other details vanished from my memory.
     One thing I do remember was his HANDS!  I've read several people on this site talk about his hands, so I LOOKED!
     Everyone was right!  His hands are gorgeous!  They are long and slilm, but what I liked was the movement.  They are like leading characters in a play!
They dance, they talk and they sing! CLAY KNOWS HOW TO WORK THOSE HANDS!
  I recomend that the next concert, watch the hands!
JoAnn :colors

P.S.  I FORGOT THE TOES!  CLAY CAME ON FIRST WITH FLIP FLOPS ON. WHEN HE WALKED OVER BY US.  HE WAS WIGGLING HIS BIG TOE!  HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY THIS LITTLE PIGGY WENT TO MARKET WITH HIS TOES!

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #399 on: September 09, 2004, 01:06:08 PM »

GRAND PRAIRIE CONCERT EXPERIENCE

PRE-PARTY:
I arrived home from Houston about 1:30, had time to get ready for the next "Clay Round."  I left at 3:00 for the Pre-Party at the Mercado Juarez Restaurant in Arlington.  I believe it was hosted by the Texas Clay Fans.  There I was delighted to see Bozena, Julie, and Dudley again.  Also, I saw some of my travel buddies from our Houston Adventure.
There were drawings for door prizes and a silent auction.  My friends JoAnn and Vicki joined me and we ate dinner there before heading for the concert.

BEFORE THE CONCERT
JoAnn and I left our cars at the restaurant, and Vicki drove us all to Nokia Live, only about a 20 minute drive.  We parked in a good spot (handicapped) but did not see any radio stations or anything going on like before for Kelly and Clay's concert.  We walked up the steps to the entrance.  There was Jerome auditioniing people for the singing contest.  I rather thought he was not finding anyone because he kept encouraging others to try out.  (Songbird, I wish you had been there!!)  

JoAnn and I were standing near  the "Will Call" window at the box office.  She said, I think I'll go ask about tickets.  I remember Pamela saying that she found good seats the day of a concert.  So I said for her to go ahead.  She motioned for me to come over and said that Row E of the first section on one side was available.  Fifth row sounded good to us, so we bought two tickets.  Vicki said she would stay where she was, seatwise.  Finally, the doors opened.

Again, my camera was hidden at the bottom of my purse and no one saw it!  I went to merchandise and bought a program..Wow!  Such beautiful pictures of Clay!  JoAnn bought a T-shirt.

We went to find where our seats were, and found out that Row E was actually the second row, and only had four seats in it!  The row in front of us had only two seats.  The two girls sitting there moved over one section and we moved up to the front row!  We kept saying FRONT ROW!! FRONT ROW!!  We couldn't believe it.

We were somewhat concerned about the big boom type camera that was right in front of us, but once Clay came out, it went up high in the air, and never blocked our view.

All kind of security was in front of us, so I was a little concerned about using my "hidden" camera.  So, during Ben Jelen's performance, I went back to the lobby and bought a disposable camera, just in case mine was confiscated!!

CONCERT TIME
When I returned, Ben was playing the yellow violin.  Ben was not really bad.  I just had the feeling he had not been playing violin very long!

Another intermission, while we waited for Clay.  The people around us were thinking he would come down our aisle, but now having one whole concert under my belt, I told them we would appear on the stage with a riser lifting him.

Clay was just wonderful.  And JoAnn and I really enjoyed seeing him without others in front of us.  However, "Mr. Bodybuilder security man" stood the whole time near us in front of the stage.  He didn't block my view, but he may have JoAnn's at times.

Clay did the program most of you know, and he was fantastic again!

CLOTHES  He started out in what I would call a gold tie, blue untucked shirt, and grey pants and flip flops or sandals.  Later, he changed to the famous blue embroidered shirt, and then near the end the brown plaid jacket and coordinating outfit with that.  Of course, the beautiful white suit for the religious song.

JUST CLAY:  He played his "air" guitaor, did his Chuck Berry steps, and even took the microphone like he was stabbing his tummy and twisting it to the music! (have not heard about that move.)
 He laughed at the dancer when she came bounding out.  I think he tought she might knock him over!  The singer commented that she sang in the shower, which was esactly what the little girl singer said in Houston!  Both times, Clay looked up at the sky, like he was expectiing rain!
At one point, he commented that a woman was looking at him through bincculars in the fifth row!  "What was she looking at?"

VIDEO CLIPS: Most of you know that he shows the Aladdin "Proud of Your Boy" clip at the beginning.  On his days off, he and the "gang" went to Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington!  He showed a clip of Clay, Jerome, and I think someone named Dan being hoisted up in the air really high, then they dropped fast and went swinging back and fourth.  Jerome looked huge in the middle.  I'm glad it was a strong rope!  Of course, the wonderful clip of his career highlights was shown while he sang one of my favorites, "This is the Night."  And the somewhat religious clip during the religious song, which the audience really appreciated.

CLAY UP CLOSE  Where we sat, we could really see Clay, well.  At times he was only about six feet from us!  He looked small to me, and thin, but beautiful.  We saw his toes, and JoAnn said his hands were so expressive.  I didn't watch his hands!!  I wish I had noticed them more.  I just always was looking at that beautiful face!
I think I got some really good shots.  I said, what the heck, and got out my good camera and snapped away.  No one tried to stop me.  I even used my zoom lens.  So keep those fingers crossed!!  I've always salivated over those beautiful close up pictures in the concerts.  Well, who knows!  Maybe I will have some to post.  JoAnn used the disposable camera, so between us I hope we have some good shots.

THE FENCE FIASCO  Solitaire time!  As soon as the last note was sung, I said JoAnn let's go.  We were part of the first group heading out.  We were supposed to meet Vicki at the doorway, but NO VICKI!  We waited and waited while HUNDREDS went passed us.  Finally, we went on out to see the people stacked about 5 deep at the fence!  Very frustrating!  
Somehow, we had missed signals.
Anyway, we waited at the fence with others.  I saw a tall man with a sign in front of me to the left.  As the keyboard person came out, then Jacob, he talked to them as if he knew them.  While there was a lull, I said are you Bob of Bob and Linda.  He said, yes, and there was Linda in front of him.  He had a sign against the fence that said 75!  I couldn't resist:  I said that there had been talk that they were in their 70's; not that they had seen 70 plus concerts. I don't think he was thrilled!  I asked if Linda had on her  platforms.  He said that she was only 5'2"  so she had to wear them so she could see.  I then asked if they were retired, and he said that they were self-employed, and on a CLAYBATICAL!  

Clay finally came out and we saw the top of his pull down hat!  Well, maybe next time.  We did see him leave on the bus and he waved at us.

ADDITIONAL NOTES;  I was walking across the main aisle, when I heard someone call my name.  It was a couple from a church we sometimes attend in Arlington and used to belong to before we joined the one near us.  She said, I didn't know you were a Clay fan!!  And I said I was a Claymaniac!  You know, that sounds a little bit odd to someone who doesn't know the site!  Anyway, she said she bought their tickets on ebay, and are big Clay fans!

Tomorrow Carol (LiftClayUp) and I are going to Hutchinson, Kansas to round up my Clay week!  It's been fun, but I've learned a few things, too.

1.  It's possible that good seats are still there at the box office when you arrive for your concert!  But it's always good to have a ticket in hand, just in case.
2.  When it comes to seeing Clay at the fence, it's every Clayfan for her/himself!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx