gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 19  (Read 5368 times)
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 12:26:47 PM »

Will somebody explain what a "goober" is? I thought it was good!   :?
cjrmax
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 12:48:53 PM »

Just saw this over at the Clackhouse.  Sorry if its already been posted.  Hope no one was going to Lubbock!

Apparently, the venue has declared bankruptcy and the concerts have been cancelled!
Canyon Amphitheater Files Chapter 11

NewsChannel 11 has learned that the West Texas Canyon Amphitheater is closed for business until further notice.

NewsChannel 11 spoke with owner Kim Morris Thursday morning. He confirmed that the amphitheater is now closed, and had no comment as to the reason. However, documents filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court showed the amphitheater filed for Chapter 11, on August 3rd.

Meanwhile, concert promoters confirm the Clay Aiken concert scheduled for September 4th has been cancelled. Select-A-Seat will refund all ticket holders at their main office, at Memphis Place Mall, located at 50th & Memphis.

NewsChannel 11 will continue to follow this story, and we'll bring you further details as they become available.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=2196096
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 01:21:11 PM »

Will somebody explain what a " goober " is? I thought it was good!

A chocolate covered peanut or a goof ball.  I think Kelly meant it in a very sweet way.  :)  Let's face it, the guy can be a bit goofy!

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 02:44:32 PM »

"What a wonderful day in the neighborhood!!"
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 02:56:59 PM »

There is rumour on other boards that there might be a bit about Clay and his concerts on CBS Sunday Morning show hosted by Charles Ozgood this Sunday. I am not sure if it is true but i hope someone could look into it because it is a great show.

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 03:48:22 PM »

Quote from: karen28
Cherie is #24, with almost twice as many spins as IWCY??? What's wrong with this picture?

=================
well, Cherie's single has been out longer and therefore has been played more than Clay's and that accounts for her better standing. I think she hit the AC chart 3 weeks ago and is #22 this week.

Anyway, she was near the bottom when she debuted with her single, too.

Like Cherie, Clay will be moving up and gaining in airplay as the weeks go by, i predict, and in 3 weeks time hopefully IWCY will be up near the Top-20 like Cherie is now.

but it takes time because the AC format is notoriously slow to accept new songs and that's why i was making such a big deal on another thread over how quickly IWCY broke into the national AC chart...

keep in mind that some weeks a song might drop a position, but that doesn't mean it's not doing good like some might feel seeing a song drop a notch.

The only time there's cause for any worry is if a single drops 2 or 3 positions a week at a time and doesn't have it's bullet anymore.

the songs with bullets have a dark circle on their chart number. Clay's #29 AC with a bullet. the singles without a bullet usually play around on the charts for a few weeks and then disappear.

**-a goober is a peanut but everyone simply calls people who are silly or goofy, a goober, because of the character "Goober Pyle" from The Andy Griffith Show.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 04:57:24 PM »

Thanks Guynn & AC for explaining a "goober". Now it makes sense. OMC is sweet and goofy for sure. And, AC, Gomer Pyle sure could sing, couldn't he?!?!?!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2004, 05:00:33 PM »

AC - AS USUAL YOU KEEP US SO INFORMED.

GOOBER - DO NOT AGREE.  A LITTLE JEALOUSY MAYBE.  I LOVE GOOBERS ANYONE ESPECIALLY BY THE NAME OF CLAY AIKEN.

LORRAINE
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2004, 05:02:47 PM »

Today was a good news day!  Congrats to our man for scoring that 7th Top 30 hit!  AWESOME!!!! :D

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
InAweOfClay
UltimateFan

Forever a Fan

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 05:16:35 PM »

Look what I found when I searched for "goober".

Goober and the Ghost Chasers closely adhered to the same basic formula as the highly successful Scooby-Doo, Where Are You (CBS, 1969). The difference was, while the Great Dane is scared of his own shadow and will run and hide, in times of stress or high emotion Goober became invisible, leaving only his red striped stocking cap behind.
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2004, 05:52:11 PM »

Quote from: InAweOfClay
Look what I found when I searched for "goober".

Goober and the Ghost Chasers closely adhered to the same basic formula as the highly successful Scooby-Doo, Where Are You (CBS, 1969). The difference was, while the Great Dane is scared of his own shadow and will run and hide, in times of stress or high emotion Goober became invisible, leaving only his red striped stocking cap behind.

Hmmm...very interesting!  Maybe Clay already knew the meaning of Goober!??!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2004, 09:59:19 PM »

Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou for the news & articles! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :)  :)  :)  :)  8)  8)  8)  8)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx