gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 19  (Read 5364 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: August 19, 2004, 02:52:16 AM »

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!!

Clay, Jen, Ben Dubbed 'Sexy Now'

UPDATED: 1:44 PM PDT August 18, 2004
Access Hollywood
In Style readers think Clay Aiken is "Sexy"...
"American Idol" wannabes flooded Washington, D.C. this week, as auditions for the reality show's fourth season were underway in the nation's capitol.

And certainly, at least a few of the thousand "Idol" hopefuls are Clay Aiken fans who are going to want to pick up the latest issue of In Style magazine.

Much to the delight of the "Claymates," Aiken was voted as the Sexiest Singer in the mag's seventh annual "What's Sexy Now" readers' poll, beating out the likes of Justin Timberlake and Usher.

Jennifer Aniston was selected as the Sexiest Leading Lady, while she and hubby Brad Pitt were dubbed the Sexiest Couple for the fourth year in a row.

Beyonce held off Britney, Christina and many others to snag the title of Sexiest Songbird, marking the singer's very first "What's Sexy Now" honor.

Access Hollywood
...likewise for Beyonce.
The moniker of Sexiest Leading Man went to Ben Affleck, who along with little brother Casey was also voted the Sexiest Siblings. Meanwhile, "Pirates of the Caribbean" heartthrob Johnny Depp was dubbed Sexiest Actor Over 40.

Everyone's favorite "Girl Next Door," Elisha Cuthbert, was tops in the categories of Sexiest Female in a TV drama for her work in "24" and she was also selected Sexiest Rising Female Star by In Style's readers.

More than 40,000 votes were reportedly tallied in coming up with the awards.

For a complete list of winners, check out In Style's September issue which hits newsstands Aug. 20.

ACCESSHOLLYWOOD

Idolizing Aiken

Who's sexy?

Clay Aiken, according to a survey of 40,000 In Style readers. The American Idol runner-up was named the sexiest singer alive, beating out Justin Timberlake, Usher and Enrique Iglesias.

USATODAY

Clay Aiken, Beyonce voted sexiest singers

Associated Press
Aug. 18, 2004 01:17 PM

NEW YORK - There must be a lot of Claymates reading In Style magazine. They've picked Clay Aiken as the sexiest singer.

Beyonce was voted the sexiest songbird.

AZCENTRAL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 02:56:24 AM »

Film Review

Without a Paddle. (Paramount; 99 minutes; PG-13; widescreen; 2004).

Acting-wise, Lillard and Shepard's characters are virtually interchangeable, which leads Green to nail his neurotic doc with anal-retentive pluperfection; his character is introduced with a soundtrack reference to Clay Aiken's "Invisible" (get it?), which does the same trick that the number "Mr. Cellophane" accomplishes in the play Chicago.

NEWTIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 02:58:51 AM »

LET'S CONGRATULATE CLAY ON SCORING HIS 7th CONSECUTIVE TOP-30 AC HIT

"I Will Carry You" debuts on the National Top-30 AC chart in Radio and Records at #29 with 214 airplays detected. I don't follow the Billboard charts so i don't know if he's charted on their AC chart or not.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 02:59:44 AM »

Idols on Tour
By Grant Britt

American Idols
It’s probably the only contest in which the losers get as much attention as the winners. The “American Idol” television show has captured the public’s attention with its concept of taking everyday people and making them superstars. And, as contestant Clay Aiken proved, you don’t have to win to be a winner. Coming in second got Aiken just as much attention as winner Ruben Studdard. Aiken’s grace as a “loser” and his determination to still pursue his dream kept him in the public eye, and to this date Aiken still gets more press and sells as many records as the Idol’s overall winner.

There’s little room for number two with the current Idol, High Point’s Fantasia Barrino. Barrino’s big-voiced renditions of gospel and soul classics blasted the competition and still make her a standout on the current Idol tour. Her opening number “Summertime,” sets the bar high, and her rendition of Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed Delivered” is just as hard to follow.

ESPMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 03:04:36 AM »

ADULT CONTEMPORARY RADIO CHART:

AC National Airplay©      Week Ending: 8/20/2004

29.  Clay Aiken I Will Carry You (RCA/RMG)      214 TOTAL PLAYS

RADIO AND RECORDS

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 03:06:56 AM »

and to this date Aiken still gets more press and sells as many records as the Idol’s overall winner.

Good morning, Buddy!  Uhh...what do you think, last I'd heard he's OUTSELLING ALL OF THE OVERALL WINNERS!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 03:10:56 AM »

Yes, MB!!!  Make that, "Clay has outsold all the American Idol winners!!! Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 03:16:22 AM »

Kelly Clarkson: Breakaway

NEW YORK, Aug. 18, 2003
Kelly's 'Beautiful Disaster'

(CBS) It seems like only yesterday, but it was actually two years ago when Kelly Clarkson sang her way into the hearts of fans nationwide as the very first "American Idol" winner.

On Wednesday's The Early Show, Clarkson performed "Breakaway," from the soundtrack of "The Princess Diaries 2," and "Beautiful Disaster" from her debut CD, "Thankful."

In November 2003, her pop-oriented album "Thankful" received double-platinum certification, for sales of at least two million units.

The last two years have been a whirlwind, Clarkson says, “It’s been crazy, but it’s been fun. I work with a lot of great people.”

Being part of "The Princess Diaries 2" was particularly exciting, she says. “It’s a really good movie as well. I’m proud to be a part of it.” Avril Lavigne co-wrote the song and is on the soundtrack, along with Pink and Julie Andrews.

Clarkson is recording her second album, scheduled for a November release.

“It’s got some rock, still some soul,” Clarkson says. “So it’s high energy. It’s just a lot of fun. A lot of people got to see me on tour so it’s a little bit like I was on tour.” Clarkson is co-writing many of the songs on the album.

Her third tour was her favorite, she tells co-anchor Hannah Storm. She was on the road for three months with Clay Aiken. “He’s such a goober - so he makes it all the more fun. So it’s a lot of fun. Performed barefoot, all these people were there,” she says pointing at her fans.

Asked how how her new life has changed her, she says, “I’ve gotten wiser about the industry, a little more industry savvy. But just in general, same friends, same family, same fans.”

And she set the record straight about being engaged: “My fingers tend to swell in the morning so usually it [ring] goes on my middle finger," she says. "I’m not engaged, no.”

CBSNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 03:21:02 AM »

THE NEW SINGLE SALES CHART IS NOT UP YET, BUT I FOUND THIS UPDATE AT THE CLAYBOARD:

Sales data provided and compiled from Nielsen SoundScan
1 1 FANTASIA I Believe (J / RMG)
2 2 DIANA DEGARMO Dreams (RCA / RMG)
3 3 HOUSTON I Like That (Capitol )
4 4 CLAY AIKEN Solitaire/The Way (RCA / RMG)
5 5 LINKIN PARK Breaking The Habit (Warner Bros. )
*6 13 RYAN CABRERA On The Way Down (E.V.L.A. / Atlantic)
7 8 JESSICA SIMPSON Take My Breath Away (Columbia )
8 6 NAS Thief's Theme (Ill Will / Columbia / SUM)
9 7 MIS-TEEQ Scandalous (456 / Reprise)
10 10 BEYONCE Naughty Girl (Columbia )

SOLITAIRE HAS HUNG ON TO FOURTH PLACE!!!!  YEA!!!!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 04:37:43 AM »

All of this couldn't happen to a more sweeter, talented, unassuming & caring human being than he. Substance always wins out in the end.
Congratulations Clay, you are a one-class act.
Than you claymani-ac for the hard work and dedication that you put into this thread.
A nice way to begin the day. I can now go back to the mundane chores of everyday life, with renewed energy.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 04:54:13 AM »

THANK YOU DEANNA!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF OUR BOY.  HOW ABOUT THAT.

I AGREE WITH YOU FRANNY THAT HE SO DESERVES ALL OF THIS AND AMERICA IS JUST STARTING TO REALIZE IT ALSO.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY - YOU DESERVE IT AND MORE.

HUGS
LORRAINE
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 05:48:25 AM »

LET'S CONGRATULATE CLAY ON SCORING HIS 7th CONSECUTIVE TOP-30 AC HIT

WOOHOO....so happy for you Clay!!!!  Clay, if you're lurking...CONGRATULATIONS!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 06:00:53 AM »

Yeah Clay!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 06:02:41 AM »

Yeh! Shaiken realeases 29 green with pink striped helium balloons! Congrats to our Man!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 07:50:24 AM »

Her third tour was her favorite, she tells co-anchor Hannah Storm. She was on the road for three months with Clay Aiken. “He’s such a goober - so he makes it all the more fun. So it’s a lot of fun. Performed barefoot, all these people were there,” she says pointing at her fans.

GOOBER?????GOOBER????? EXCUSE ME....IF SHE THINKS THIS IS SO....WELL HE SURE IS A MIGHTY SEXY GOOBER IN MY EYES  :roll:
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 08:28:50 AM »

All good news this morning - except why does the writer assume that Clay only won the In Style vote because Claymates made up the In Style readership. I did not see this vote posted on any of the fan web sites - I think the readers of In Style truly voted for their favorite, and this vote was not tilted by Clay fans. It's about time the rest of the world caught up to us!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 09:58:07 AM »

I HAVE SOME NEWS.. shock:

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE HUBBY...

IF ANY OF YOU CLAYMANIACS HAVE WWW.COMCAST.NET AS YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER, CLAY AIKEN IS GOING TO BE THE FAN TODAY!  IT'S COVERING EVERYTHING ABOUT AMERICAN IDOL SINCE THE TRYOUTS ARE AT WASHINGTON DC. Wink:

LOVE YA

PHILLY
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 11:01:49 AM »

Ditto, Ditto, all of the above.

Sexy - H-- yeah!

Goober - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great numbers, AC.  Thanks

Deanna:  Thanks again.  You make everyday interesting for us.

Franny:  I couldn't agree with you more.

Like I said, agreed, agreed and agreed with you all.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
songbird457
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 11:10:41 AM »

Sexiest Singer...

Sexiest Songbird...

Me and Clay?  shock:  Wink:  Laughing:  :oops:
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 11:46:45 AM »

Cherie is #24, with almost twice as many spins as IWCY???  What's wrong with this picture?

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx