gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUGUST 18  (Read 8178 times)
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2004, 07:58:44 AM »

In a surprising twist to some, but clearly not to the abundant number of InStyle readers, "American Idol" runner-up Aiken not only beat out rockers JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, USHER, and ENRIQUE IGLESIAS in the Sexiest Singer category, but he did so by a landslide!

Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:  Laughing:    Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:   Laughing:

and a cartwheel!

Thanks, Deanna.  He did it, just like we knew he would!

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2004, 08:00:25 AM »

So much going on, thank you for all of what you do and what it must take to keep us informed, this is such a great way to start the day.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2004, 08:00:58 AM »

Oh, loved the cartoon too.  That tatoo sounds very tempting.   Twisted:

Do I dare?????????????????????  It would be my first.  I doublt if my family would go for it.  I will have to think on this one.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2004, 08:12:14 AM »

I MAY THINK ABOUT GETTING A TATOO OF CLAY ON ME.  I HAVE ONE TATOO ALREADY SO LINDA IF YOU ARE GAME LETS GO FOR IT.

LORRAINE
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 09:37:21 AM »

I'M JUST TICKLED PINK WITH TODAY'S NEWS!  THANK YOU, DEANNA, FOR ALWAYS BRINGING US THE LATEST ON OUR MAN, CLAY!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ClayBuf
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2004, 10:00:51 AM »

What's so awesome about the InStyle poll is that he got this without all of us on the boards clamoring to vote him to the top. Laughing: A lot of people have mentioned they didn't know anything about this poll. I know I never saw it anywhere. I'm sure there will be those that accuse "us" of stuffing the ballot box - but THIS time it didn't happen that way. :D

I think this also sends out a HUGE message that mainstream and middle-of-the-road America is getting tired of being bombarded with bare chests, foul lyrics, sexpots, egos, bling, and tasteless music. :roll: Clay is a breath of fresh air in a music world swollen with extreme and crass behavior.

I think he's really on the road to breaking away from the AI stigmatism - there are more and more people out there that are seeing Clay for the true artist and genuine person he is and not just a product of a TV show.

I love it!

~Buffi
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2004, 10:07:24 AM »

ClayBuf WROTE:
A lot of people have mentioned they didn't know anything about this poll. I know I never saw it anywhere. I'm sure there will be those that accuse "us" of stuffing the ballot box - but THIS time it didn't happen that way.  

I agree that is why this new is such a beautiful thing.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
cassms
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2004, 10:26:11 AM »

Don't miss that story from The Clayreport from the guy who sang with Clay at Des Moines--great story, and it's neat to see that a guy actually got picked to sing with Clay--now I have to rush off to find that download of him singing with Clay.  (I thought it was particularly interesting that even though Clay asked the guy what he wanted to sing, supposedly the option was already picked--only the guy didn't know it, and he had another option, sending Jerome into a mild panic!)  Thanks for all the news, Deanna!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2004, 10:38:12 AM »

Today's Caregiver magazine and its companion website caregiver.com were launched to support the work of family and professional caregivers. The magazine always contains a cover interview with a celebrity caregiver. Cover interviews have included Dana Reeve, Debbie Reynolds, Della Reese and Robert Urich.

This anniversary issue includes an in-depth interview with triple platinum recording artist and American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken. Aiken has created the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to call attention to the needs of children with developmental disabilities and to help them integrate within their educational setting. More information on the Schizophrenia Channel and the cover interview is available at http://www.caregiver.com.

Today's Caregiver magazine and its companion website caregiver.com were launched nine years ago to support the work of family and professional caregivers. The magazine always contains a cover interview with a celebrity caregiver. Cover interviews have included Dana Reeve, Debbie Reynolds, Della Reese, Robert Urich and Clay Aiken.

BUSINESS WIRE

CAREGIVER
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2004, 10:50:40 AM »

THANK YOU PAM.  EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK THE NAME CLAY AIKEN IS SHOWING UP.  I LIKE THAT NAME "THE COMEBACK KID".

LORRAINE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2004, 10:51:24 AM »

In other matters concerning the upcoming State Fair show, Luke Otero, chairman of the commission's Entertainment Committee, said country singer Jessica Andrews will fill the Sept. 11 rodeo concert slot at Tingley Coliseum.

That was the only vacancy remaining in a lineup that includes "American Idol" TV show runner-up Clay Aiken, country music queen Reba McEntire, blues legend B.B. King, rock 'n' roll pioneer Chubby Checker, Grammy-nominated country singer Joe Nichols, country sister act SHeDAISY and others.

Expo officials said Monday that 16,917 advance tickets have been sold for Tingley shows to date for a total of almost $322,000.

NEW MEXICO STATE FAIR
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2004, 10:54:11 AM »

CHICAGO FANS...

If you are in the listening area of a Chicago station with a DJ named 'Drex,' he apparently announced this morning that Clay was going to be on the show and he was going to sing.  He didn't give a date or time.  So, if anyone can find out about this, please let me know!

ThanX!
outthereforclay
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2004, 10:55:45 AM »

Well...I only hope that after Clay plays at these fairs, etc., any news reports from those towns' papers will stop referring to him as the American Idol runner up.

I mean, get with the program, duh. There are so many other labels they could use:

triple platinum recording artist
voted "Sexiest Male Singer"
Best Selling Single 2003

THE MAN WHO ALWAYS BRINGS IT

and more 8)
cjrmax
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2004, 10:58:18 AM »

I think this also sends out a HUGE message that mainstream and middle-of-the-road America is getting tired of being bombarded with bare chests,

Well, I for one wouldn't mind a little bare chested Clay!! Or even no-white-t-shirt Clay!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2004, 10:59:51 AM »

Thanks for the news of the day - I love seeing LuAnn, because the cartoon is not carried in my local newspaper. It looks like I'll be seeing Ben Jelen in Houston - didn't expect that - and I LOVE THE NEW QUOTE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2004, 11:00:39 AM »

Quote from: outthereforclay
I mean, get with the program, duh. There are so many other labels they could use:

triple platinum recording artist
voted "Sexiest Male Singer"
Best Selling Single 2003

THE MAN WHO ALWAYS BRINGS IT

and more 8)

His Royal Hottness
The Emperor of the Black Leather Pants
The GAHmeister
The lean, mean singing machine

...next!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2004, 11:02:40 AM »

Idolizing Aiken

Who's sexy?

Clay Aiken, according to a survey of 40,000 In Style readers. The American Idol runner-up was named the sexiest singer alive, beating out Justin Timberlake, Usher and Enrique Iglesias.

In Style's September What's Sexy Now issue also features Jennifer Aniston (sexiest leading lady and sexiest couple with her husband, Brad Pitt); Beyoncé (sexiest songbird) and Ben and Casey Affleck (sexiest siblings).

USA TODAY

I know.  But this is a story that bears repeating!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2004, 11:04:59 AM »

CLAY IS #3 MOST SEARCHED AT LYCOS - STILL!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2004, 11:08:31 AM »

Snub by Aiken hurt

That's CHRISTY ISHMAEL's message in her letter to American Idol CLAY AIKEN's record company. Her 6-year-old daughter, CASSIDY, was one of several kids who won a backstage meeting with the singer prior to his Grandstand appearance Friday night.

Meeting her idol was to have been Cassidy's birthday present. It was canceled at the last minute as she and four other girls anticipated their dream come true.

"Walking into the Grandstand to meet Clay, we were met by Fox (WRSP-TV) representatives, and the news wasn't good," Christy wrote. "Clay was refusing to attend the backstage party.

"The only reason given was a 'security issue.' (Aiken representatives said Tuesday Aiken's management wasn't aware of the plans until arriving at the fairgrounds.)

"This little girl was absolutely crushed. I couldn't make her stop crying," Christy Ishmael wrote.

"Fair security and Illinois State Police surrounded us. What could he (Aiken) possibly be scared of? A couple of 6-year-olds, an 8-year-old, a 13-year-old girl, an elderly couple and a woman in a wheelchair?

"I'll never know these answers. I'll never be able to make this up to my daughter."
STATE JOURNAL REGISTER

MISCOMMUNICATION CAUSED AIKEN TO MISS FAIR MEET-AND- GREET

By Nick Rogers, Arts and Entertainment Writer

Clay Aiken's backstage meet-and-greet for fans prior to his Illinois State Fair Grandstand concert Friday never happened because his management apparently was not notified of plans for the event until arriving at the fairgrounds.

Eager fans who came to the event, slated to begin two hours before Aiken's 8 p.m. performance, were told Aiken would not be in attendance because of security concerns.

"It was a security issue because it was never confirmed with his management or booking agency," Roger Widynowski, Aiken's publicist, said Tuesday. "They never knew about it until they showed up at the fairgrounds."

Widynowski said Aiken regularly takes part in meet-and-greet for fans before concerts.

WRSP Channel 55, Springfield's Fox affiliate, had promoted the meet-and-greet, giving away prize packages, including access to the pre-show party, along with WDBR-FM 103.7, who was the station's media partner on the promotion.

Those who showed up were allowed into the Grandstand, where food had been set up for the party.

In an e-mailed timeline of events, Tim Klasinski, director of marketing for WRSP, said a meet-and-greet proposal was faxed June 14th to CAA Management, Aiken's booking agency in Hollywood, California. He later received confirmation of the the event.

Klasinski said he believes the meet-and-greet was canceled because of miscommunication between CAA and Aiken's tour management.

"CAA, the state fair people, and we at the station were under the impression things were taken care of until that Friday morning," Klasinski said. "That Friday morning, we talked with people from JAM Productions, and things seemed to be a little strange. But they told us this sort of thing happens all the time, and they'd get it all taken care of. All of sudden, it wasn't a possibility.

"What I've learned since trying to talk with everybody is that no one's going to take the blame for this anywhere."

(Nick Rogers, A&E, nick.rogers@sj-r.com )

SJR.COM

link found--D

I think I like Nick Rogers.  Also, I see one word in this article that explains lots.  FOX.  Could they?  Sure.  Would they?  Who knows.
Did they?  Maybe.

I'm not covering for Clay, because ultimately, whether he knew about it or not, he is responsible for the actions of his own employees.  He pays them to keep up with this stuff.  However, why does anyone need to be blamed?

Crap happens.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2004, 11:13:54 AM »

Am not! Are too! Am not! Are too! OK, I guess I am. Clay Aiken - Sexiest Singer in America!

LOVE THE FLAVOR OF THE DAY.....WOOHOO...Go Clay, Go Clay....He did it all on his own!

Thank you InStyle and their readers!!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx