gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IN-DEANNA'S HONOR: CLAY REVS MY ENGINE AT INDY  (Read 37832 times)
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #640 on: August 17, 2004, 10:42:05 AM »

I looked and looked and was so dissapointed that I could not meet them!! I did meet so many other fans though...even a Miss Indiana top finalist!!! Very pretty and very nice!

It was the best time!! I sooooo wish they would have seen my posts on the thread for Indy before they left. I wanted to find them! I even walked up to 2 woman with red hair and asked if their name was "Glory"...I got some strange looks but they said no! I met many Clayboard fans! LBFCA gal..can you believe I actually would have been sitting BETWEEN 2 people that 1 said..."Man, I don't even like the dude..I am just here cuz SHE wanted to see him..." The other..a lady who said "I don't even know who he is- I am only here because I am a good mom and she wanted to see him! I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO HURT SOMEONE!! I warned them both ahead of time..I AM A FAN!!  A HUGE FAN and I paid the same price for a ticket as you so be prepared..this is your warning! I dance, I yell, I jump and scream and sing!!! Sorry about your luck!! The "dude" just rolled his eyes..the woman said "Oh JOY!!" I turned around and looked up at the grandstand and thought maybe THAT is where they could exchange seats with someone who DOES love Clay! They would be thrilled to be sitting where you are sitting...well..by the 4th song- the woman who didn't know him was standing on HER chair to take pictures while the older woman behind her asked her to get down! HA!!! SHe then sat the rest of the night...pouting! The "dude" did leave after Invisble but he had a small child..I asked what he thought! He did say it was pretty good with a smile..he only stood when his daughter couldn't see... I luckily was able to sit in an open seat 2 down from them with CLAY FANS and had a blast!!!

Thank you CLay Aiken and Clay FAns for such a momentous evening!! Perfect weather..great seats...great company and non other than Clay Aiken himself!!!!!!! What could be better?????????

Lora-Ohio

Maybe one Clayvert of the 2!!
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #641 on: August 17, 2004, 11:33:24 AM »

:mrgreen: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Wassup everyone...OMGOODNESS the concert was AWESOME!! And now I need more Clay! I had SO much fun. The best part during the concert was changing Rosana into Theresa...haha that was pretty fun.

I had a blast! I will post more when I have time

later

Monica

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #642 on: August 17, 2004, 12:27:06 PM »

Thanks Lora and Monica...please do let us have those details young lady!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #643 on: August 17, 2004, 12:40:54 PM »

Clay was AMAZING!!! I had almost no
voice this morning though because I was yelling the whole time.
I sang along to EVERYTHING ask Philly Laughing: It was a great concert.
“You were there” had me crying I don’t know if Theresa could tell
or not…but I was. But that was the only song that I cried to! WOOO
LOL. When Clay first came out I think my heart stopped. The stairs
 had lifted and here came Clay in all his glory…my God. shock:

It was beautiful. Every once in awhile I would put the phone up to
my ear to hear Theresa singing along and I think she may have
also been crying on “You were there” But I don’t know really…how
to put this concert into words.

I just know that I would do ANYTHING to see another one! I was
shaking and I felt for a while like I was about to pass out.
Here are some pictures I took.

But, the best part of the concert has to be afterward. I was sitting
on a picnic table with my friend Alica, trying to get through to
Lynn. I must have called about 30 times; we couldn’t get a signal
at all. Finally I got through to her and she told is where she was
at. Then Alica and I started walking to that spot.

I have to admit that I got really nervous on the way over there.
I turned to enter the gate of the grandstand and was looking for
a familiar face. Then I looked to my right and the next thing I
see is Woody pointing at me (Woody don’t you know it’s not nice
to point Laughing:) Then I see Lynn come out from behind her as they
both came up to me for a hug.

I gotta tell you, feeling a Claymaniac in your arms is more than
I could imagine. They are all so beautiful. It felt good because
after all that time we had spent talking online we finally got to
see each other and get the hugs that I had been longing for.

Then I met Angela, what a beautiful lady. I had seen a picture
of her before but she looked a lot different. When U got a hug
from her, my nerves went away that instant. I felt really comfortable
with these people. I would trust them with my life.

Then Glory came over, beautiful Glory! I leaned over to give her
a hug and felt a tear run down my cheek witch I quickly wiped a
way so nobody would see. It was an amazing moment, meeting
 these people. It was more than I could have asked for. Having
them as friends online is even good enough, but this, this was so
much better.

When I have everyones permission I will post a group picture of
all of us.  :P

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #644 on: August 17, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

Ok Aikensmyidol....Where was your seat! from the pictures..looks like left stage! I sat in row 12..seat 30 somthing..like 33? (towardthe left side!) I moved from purchased seat! I was one of the goobers in a red Clay shirt..with 2 other ladies matching - dancing on the chair!! What a NIGHT!!!!!!

You got to see and feel a really great Clay concert! I hope this memory stays with you and the feelings that you felt! Keep it with you at all times!! When things aren't as easy as they could be..reach in ..grab them..and hold on! They won't let you down!!!!

From the feeling of Clay entering, to hearing his fabulous voice and looking at him..really seeing him with your own eyes, to holding on and hugging those friends you met! It means something..it always will!

What a great night!!!

Lora-Ohio
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #645 on: August 17, 2004, 03:37:12 PM »

Lora- I had row 18 seat 27

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #646 on: August 17, 2004, 05:13:56 PM »

MONICA I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.  THOSE PICTURES WERE GREAT.  I AM SURE YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE THE SAME.  ONCE YOU HAVE SEEN HIM YOU WILL WANT MORE AND MORE.

LORRAINE
wordsmith1223
« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2004, 12:30:53 AM »

The Indiana State Fair concert: Clay won the gold

By Lynn Venhaus

With an extra-bouncy spring in his step, Clay Aiken seemed really into his concert at the Indiana State Fair Monday night. While I never doubt his ability to sell a song or entertain the masses, there was something very special about that gorgeous night under the stars.

Could it be he was feeling better? Or with a new bass player in place, a professional ordeal behind him? Whatever made him dance more, goof off more with his back-up singers and band, and even put more oomph and verve into his renditions sparked one of the finest concerts in his brief one year on-the-road history.

From the opening video of "Proud of Your Boy," the night was a Clay lovefest with 6,500 other people -- a wide demographic of parents with kids, dads with daughters, male and female teenagers, 20somethings, 30somethings and beyond.

When he came on stage, belting out U2's classic "Where the Streets Have No Name" -- one of my favorites being a Bono worshipper -- he was emoting so strongly, lacking nothing in delivery. Clay can rock!
Then he quickly starts "Perfect Day," and he's doing his little moves and schtick, and I'm thinking:

That boy is just so darn likeable! How can people not see what we Clay fans see, hear that unbelievably expressive voice we hear?

It was my third time seeing Clay, first in March on the Independent Tour where I was blown away by his stage presence and exquisite voice, the second time just two days earlier at the Illinois State Fair, ditto.

While I thought he was in fine voice and extra special in his showmanship in Springfield Friday, he totally revved it up for Indiana three days later. He was magnificent in every aspect. He is so natural and comfortable now on stage, that even when he does his patented patter, it seems unrehearsed.

Previously, I questioned going to two concerts in such close proximity, but the offer of a fifth row center seat in Indy was something I couldn't pass up. That's what I tried to explain to my two teen-age sons as I gave them motel phone numbers and instructions.

"You're going to see Clay Aiken two times in four days?" my 19-year-old son asked incredulously.
"Mom, you're like a DeadHead!" he laughed while the 16-year-old chimed in, rolling his eyes.

On the road Tuesday, the youngest called my cellphone to ask what time I'd be arriving home. I told him how great the concert was, and of people I had met. I said a woman from Baltimore had seen 11 concerts so far this summer.

"She's even crazier than you!" he said.

I tried explaining how a group of us -- who had been communicating online -- met up, and how wonderful it was, but it's not making sense. I just get these looks like I've totally lost it.
But it's special to experience Clay with new friends "who get it."

These are people who know why everyone's cheering loudly when they show clips of Clay in his red leather jacket singing "Grease" on "American Idol 2," who will admit that they like Clay singing songs live off "Measure of a Man" better than the album itself and no tomatoes are thrown, and who will sing along to every word of "Invisible" at the top of their lungs and wait for that beaming smile of the singer who's holding the mike out to the audience.

And who can talk for hours about which version is their favorite, which talk show appearance was his best, why Simon Cowell is really an idiot, and know what snark means in Clay vernacular. They count the tugs, judge the glory notes of "Solitaire" and discuss which is fuglier, the paisley or the "candyman" stripe jacket.

It's all in fun. We are having a blast. We are united in friendship through the music and man Clay Aiken. And it's hard to put into words for others.
But we know why people spend time booking hotel rooms, making travel plans for out-of-state venues, and try to get better tickets at venues.

However, I digress.
The music -- the band, with the new bass player from Chicago, was in fine form, as were the likeable back-up singers who can not only bust a move but do some outstanding vocal work. They were very energetic in performance, and their interaction with Clay indicates a mutual respect-and-admiration society.

I love, love, love their James Taylor medley. How classy Clay is for showcasing these talented people who help make his show what it is. The recent mega-energetic additions of "Still the One" and the George Michael-Aretha Franklin duet "Knew You Were Waiting" get better, it seems, every night.

As much as I love their bouncy pop renditions -- I am a sucker for '80s tunes like "Kyrie" and "Rosanna," I am a puddle of goo after the majestic "You Were There." Wow. Is that a memorable number! Stunning, pure, glorious.

While Clay soars on many numbers, I am amazed that he actually gets better on his signatures, "This Is the Night" and "Solitaire."

But I wasn't expecting the ferociousness of "I Survived You" Monday night. His rendition was so powerful and emotional that during the song, people cheered at various points. When he concluded, the audience leapt to their feet and kept applauding. While the ovation was going on, he tried to continue the show, trying to recite his showbiz lines, but the crowd would not let him -- the applause just wouldn't stop.

It was a great moment, one that I will always be grateful that I shared with other ClayManiacs as we stood side-by-side as our hands clapped emphatically for OMC. One that I will cherish as a great Clay moment. And there have been many.
I will add that to his grand finale of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on the American Idol "championship" and his "Invisible" rendition on "Saturday Night Live."

It appears that bringing signs to shows isn't having the effect it once was. (And maybe blocking people's views are a part of it). Now, bodyguard Jerome and friend/assistant Nick are auditioning singers ahead of time. More than 100 people tried out earlier that evening. The singer selected turned out to be a sixth grader from Chicago with a good voice who wowed Clay over. He is so good with youngsters, and he makes everyone feel special.

When he's singing "Invisible" and gesturing to the crowd during his line, "I am nothing without you," you actually feel his sincerity.

Clay's concert is a good mix of tunes, of tempos, of covers, of crowd banter. He has a knack for selecting material he can do well, and his charm shines.

The shorter set means he ditches "Shine," "Run to Me" (my favorite from MOAM), "All About Love" and "No More Sad Songs."

But we didn't feel cheated. The man gave everything he had. The emotion just courses through his body. His expressions are real, his good-humor contagious.

His concerts are truly one-of-a-kind experiences. Someone said his voice was like serotonin, the brain chemical that produces happiness and sets everything straight. The joy is palpable, and we can't ever get enough.

Here's to more Clay joy in the world. He's producing many smiles across the U.S. when it's so sorely needed.

Vive Le Clay!
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #648 on: August 18, 2004, 11:16:33 AM »

Lynn,

I loved your review.  It is so true, once you see him, you just don't want to stop.  I never thought after 4 concerts I would be going to Charlotte, but it is so!!  It is so hard to get his face and voice out of your mind.  Meeting up with the other Claymaniacs is so much fun too.  I love your wordiness.  I have a hard time keeping things short when I am w riting.  
I am working on it. Laughing:  Great to see (or read) you here again!

Thanks,

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
outthereforclay
« Reply #649 on: August 18, 2004, 11:39:41 AM »

Someone said his voice was like serotonin, the brain chemical that produces happiness and sets everything straight. The joy is palpable, and we can't ever get enough.

Here's to more Clay joy in the world. He's producing many smiles across the U.S. when it's so sorely needed.

This jumped out of your great review! I was in Jazzercize this morning just bouncing and jiggling my way along and realized at one point that I was grinning from ear to ear! Why? Because I was thinking of Clay cracking up on stage while singing! And then of how his hands make love to the microphone when he...uh...emotes and then of how he has so much fun with the whole "sex god" thing and teases us...and then of how the light just shines from him when he's with kids and...

well, I was smiling in the car on the way home, too... Laughing:

Yes, some people might look at this sweaty, mom of 2 with a goofy smile on her face sitting in traffic in her soccer mom van  as a tad "odd"... :?

but hey! I can't help it if not everyone "gets it" yet.... Laughing:

WAIT! shock:  Yes I can! And I do....ad nauseum in some cases...Clay's name is never far from my lips...( oh that other parts of Clay... :oops: sorry...wrong thread... :roll: ) so I am definitely a Clay ambassador.

He DOES spread the joy, doesn't he? Wink:
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #650 on: August 18, 2004, 04:02:11 PM »

Lynn, beautifully written, Thank you!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #651 on: August 18, 2004, 06:18:04 PM »

Lynn, that was amazing!  Thank you so much for that wonderful review!   :D

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] Go Up Print