gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 344
Total: 344

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MR. AMERICA RETURNS TO THE BOARDWORK IN ATLANTIC CITY  (Read 33535 times)
Misha
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2004, 08:46:51 PM »

I have a feeling everyone is leaving us... *L*  Maybe its a good time to head over to the BLPT and continue this planning process?  *grins*
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2004, 08:47:04 PM »

Or a picture of Clay in boxers... you know bending over with the flap slightly open....

WHOOPS!

Might be time to move this conversation over to the BLPT!

*chuckles wickedly*

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Misha
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2004, 08:47:35 PM »

Stop reading my MIND!!  LOL

~heads over there~!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2004, 08:47:40 PM »

Misha...

last one to the BLPT is a rotten egg!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
songbird457
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »

*pounces back on susan

Yes Dev, I came out of lurkdom. And now everyone is leaving. (sniff, sniff). Oh... one more thing... BAKLAVA! Any chance you could make some for Fort Wayne too?  :oops: (BAd Renee, bad, bad Renee)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2004, 08:49:48 PM »

THANKS TO TIFF, ROS-DEANNA AND PAMELA FOR A GREAT JOB TONIGHT!!

AND PAMELA, WHY ARE YOU KEEPING US IN SUSPENSE?? DID YOU NAMED YOUR NEW PUPPY YET??

LOVE YA

PHILLY
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2004, 08:50:59 PM »

Thanks to Pamela and Rosdeanna! Thanks everyone here for making this another fun night! And thank all the wondeful cellcerters and reporters at the Clayboard!!

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2004, 08:51:03 PM »

Quote from: tessie
Pamela.....cute puppy.....named Aiken?

tessie, that would send Mr P over the edge for sure!   hmmm...   Laughing:  

Dev, he could have some schnauzer...I don't know.  He was wandering through the yard at my BILs house.  They live out in the country so they checked at the closest neighbors and he didn't belong to anyone.

They know we just lost our Nipper last fall, plus they know a SUCKER when they see one.   :)

He doesn't have a name yet.
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2004, 08:53:01 PM »

Well, Pamela, he's adorable... enjoy him! :D
songbird457
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2004, 09:02:49 PM »

aww pamela. He's a sweetheart. I vote for Aiken or how about Raleigh2 - lol j/k.  Wink:
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2004, 09:05:30 PM »

HEY PAMELA,

IF YOUR PUPPY IS A BOY.. HOW ABOUT IF YOU USE CLAY'S MIDDLE NAME..

HOLMES.. Wink:

AND RENEE, I SIMPLY LOVE YOUR NEW AVIE!! Wink:
claydevotee
« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2004, 09:12:50 PM »

Dev, he could have some schnauzer...I don't know. He was wandering through the yard at my BILs house. They live out in the country so they checked at the closest neighbors and he didn't belong to anyone.

They know we just lost our Nipper last fall, plus they know a SUCKER when they see one.  

He doesn't have a name yet.

Awwwwwwwwww, so cute Pamela.  And remember, he found YOU, not the other way around.  I truly believe an angel sent him to you and Mr. P.  I feel there was definitely some divine intervention in our little Kukla finding us at the rescue shelter.   So....how about "Angel" for a name????
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2004, 09:13:57 PM »

Here's a picture of Clay with John at GMA from the Clackhouse:

Too.freakin'.cute.

Can't help but love Clay Aiken (and John for that matter).

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2004, 11:34:58 AM »

Pamela,

This is probably a little late but... Have you named your new puppy??

When I saw him last night, I thought- Duncan. (I hope it is a boy!!)

Then I thought. so your husband wouldn't "go over the edge"  ..how about Clayton Duncan.. but you can call him "C.D." for short!

No one would have to know unless you told them what it stood for!

Just a thought!!

Lora-Ohio
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2004, 01:58:41 PM »

From IdolForums:
Clay even had John(The hairdresser) fix little John's (the child) hair to look like Clay's. You could tell that Clay spent a lot of time with the child because during the song This is the Night, Clay would cue him as to what to do next and they at one point both whipped the mircophones out of the stand......PRECIOUS! Afterward, the little boy and his day came out and the small group of us that were still hanging around made a big fuss over him and had him pose for pictures with us. He was beeming from ear to ear. Then, The new security guard came out and took the boy and his father back in to be with Clay. There was not a dry eye to be found!!!

I don't want to get my hopes up or anything, but I'm hoping the TITN performance will be a special bonus on the dvd.

claydevotee
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2004, 05:07:24 PM »

I don't want to get my hopes up or anything, but I'm hoping the TITN performance will be a special bonus on the dvd.

Thanks much, TIFF, for sharing that beautiful, uplifting story.  No doubt this is one of so many more stories  to come as Clay's career continues to blossom.  I love that man!!!

Dev
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2004, 09:10:22 PM »

Post from 4everclay (little John's sister) from the Clayboard:

Anyway, My mom, dad, brother (John), and I are going to tomorrow's concert in NJ! But what I'm more excited about is for John. If you guys remember, John (who is 6 yrs old) is the one who has the heart condition and got to meet Clay at GMA, but wasn't able to sing with him. Make-A-Wish has been working hard to make John's wish come true. Well, John is going to meet Clay before the concert and get to spend a little bit of time with him. But that's not all. For anyone going to tomorrow's concert in NJ, you'll see what John's other surprise is. I'm writting this now, b/c I don't know if I'll be able to get on tom. But when I get home from the concert, be ready for a full report of what happened.
And the timing couldn't have been any better b/c next month John is going in for surgery. And thanks to all of you that have been praying for him. It means a lot.

houstonclayfan
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2004, 08:00:45 AM »

More from 4everClay.  Thanks to LiftClayUp for bringing it over.  Get the Claynex ready !

PART 1 (July 30)

I'm appologizing in advance for a lousy report. I'm just SO excited right now that I can't think straight. And let me just tell you, that the people that work with Clay are ABSOLUTELY the nicest people you would ever want to meet. I cannot get over their generosity towards us.

Now I don't think I have to tell you giys that the concert was AWESOME. IT was really the first time we had all heard Clay sing live. If you guys remember me saying that when we were at GMA, we could not hear Clay at all. I got goosebumps when I heard You Were There live. It was absolutely amazing. You could hear a pin drop it was so quiet.

OK, well. They had a limo come and pick us up at my house at 4pm on Fri. John had a little bit of a problem on the way down there, not being able to breath. We gave him oxygen, and within minuts he was back to his normal, happy self. Anyway, they took us to a resturant before going to the concert. As we were finishing up dinner, the limo driver said that the meet & greet was going to be earlier than expected. Oh no! So we rush out of there and end up making it on time. Jerome made sure we were in the back of the line and that John would be able to spend some time with him. So the others get through with their meet & greet and Clay starts walking towards us!!!! He goes up to John and says, "haven't I met you before? I met you at GMA!" He remembered John!!! He also remembered my mom. Then he turns to me and says, "I don't think we've met before." I was like yes, we've met but you don't remember me. He then goes, "Oh, I'm sorry Lisa!" Anyway, he turns to John and puts his hands out to pick him up. John got a little shy (which is very rare for him!). So Clay asks what song he wants to sing and John says TITN. Clay asks him if he wants to sing a little for him then and John shakes his head yes. So Clay goes "sing it for me." It was so cute the way he said it! He talked a bit and got a 2 pics taken with him and I got one with him too! So later we were seated for the concert and Nick (Clay's best friend that's touring with him) comes up to my mom and pulls her off to the side.

As many of you know, John was brought up on stage. Clay said his outfit was good but his hair needed a little something. lol So they took John backstage and had John (Clay's hairstylist) did his hair. He stayed back there for the rest of the concert so I had no idea what his hair looked like. So when I saw John and Clay come out from under the stage I just about jumped put of my skin b/c I was so excited! Eeeeeekkkkk! I was just watching them in awe. I cannot believe his wish was finally coming true! While they were singing, I could see Clay motioning to John to get ready and pull the mic off the stand. SO CUTE! When Clay took John's hand to go down the steps, I just about lost it. They looked SO adorable! I had to laugh at one part. While Clay was coming down the steps with John, John saw himself on the jumbotron and was trying to watch himself! Typical kid! LOL! I also loved the way Clay let John finish the song! SO CUTE! After the song, being the ham he is, goes up to some ladies in first row and shakes their hand. Clay then says something about becoming a ladies man and stealing the show from Clay! Haha! Clay made that high pitched laugh of his when he said it. It didn't sink in for me until Solitaire and that's when I lost it and started crying. John came back to us with a HUGE smile on his face.

I'm sorry, I'm skipping a lot of little details, I'll add them when I have the chance.

When the concert was over, there were SO many people that came up to John and took pictures and even autographs! He loved every bit of the attention too. I met so many amazing clay fans. You guys were all awesome! There was one point where John had to go to the bathroom, so my dad took him and all of a sudden, people say there's Clay (meaning John) and security came running up and when they saw it was only John, they started laughing! It was like a mob scene with John. He's now a celebrity and my little star.

Now during TITN, they were taping it for us so we could have it. So we're waiting around after the concert to recieve the tape and Mary, who works with Clay and is SUCH a sweetheart, comes out and tells us that there was miscommunication and that they weren't able to film it. She even started crying. I felt SO bad for her. So she goes off to somewhere then comes back. OK, THIS IS THE PART THAT MAKES CLAY AN EVEN MORE AMAZING PERSON. I thought I couln't love Clay anymore than what I had, but I was sure wrong. So Mary comes up to us and says that Clay feels really bad about the video and wants to put us up at the hotel and pay for everything and then film it again during the sound check today AND pay for tickets to tonight's concert. My jaw dropped open. My mom felt EXTRREMELY bad and felt she would be selfish if she decided to stay and have Clay pay for it. They eventually talked my mom into staying. We got to the hotel room and I COULD NOT sleep if my life depended on it. I was just too excited! John ended up falling asleep first from all the excitement of the day while my mom and I stayed up hours of the night just talking about what had happened. Again, I'm really sorry for leaving things out. I'll add them in later. END OF PART ONE.

PART 2. (July 31)

Now today was a VERY exciting day! John got up with a HUGE smile on his face. His first words out of his mouth today was "where's Clay?" Awwww! We told him that we would go see Clay later on in the day. Meanwhile, Mary insisted that we order room service and that if we didn't Clay would get mad. He wanted us to be as comfortable as possible while there. How can you NOT love this amazing man?! So anyway, we ordered John some breakfast. My mom and I didn't get anything. Which reminds me that I haven't had one thing to eat except for a peice of toast John didn't eat. Anyway, we were to meet Mary at 5pm. So to pass the time, we put in Clay's CD and start dancing and singing to it. While listening to it, I'm giving John a shower while my mom had to sort out other things. We can hear the music throughout the rooms. So I turn the music up in the bathroom and John starts singing at the top of his lungs to WYSYLM. It was so adorable!

Let me tell you. I have never in my life had a day go by soooooooo slow. John was getting very bored but we couldn't leave the room in case Mary or someone else called us. So her comes 1:00, then 2, 3, 4, then 4:55! Eeek! We're getting ready to go down! John's extremely excited at this point. So, we go down and meet Mary and she brings us into the venue. We watch the band rehearse, and got pics with Jacob, Jerome, John's (the hairstylist) dog, Dudly (I think that's his name), and RALEIGH!!!! I held her! She is the sweetest dog and so tiny! She was licking John and I all over our face. She even managed to get her tongue in my mouth. Ew, lol. She was so hyper! We got 2 pics taken with her. Oh, and BTW, when I get my pics developed from tonight, I'll post them ASAP. The pics I took last night came out horrible, so I'm not going to post those. We seriously have about 12 things of film to get developed.

Anyway, Nick comes up to get John so he can get his hair done again. John has a ENORMOUS smile on his face at this time. So, my mom, dad, and I are sitting there talking and watching the band rehearse and being goofy. A little while later, John comes out with his hair and all done, and the same outfit he had on before when he sang with Clay. He looked so cute! We were all the way in the back and decided to move up front. (noone was in there but us, the band, and security) We asked Jerome if it was ok and he said yes. Let me just say that Jerome is the nicest, most sweetest man! I've always heard he was really nice but never really believed it. Don't ask me why, b/c I have NO idea. So we're sitting there, being entertained by the rehearsals. Then out comes Nick and motions for me to bring John up on stage. I bring him up and Nick takes him back with Clay. I get all the way up fron to get good pics. I REALLY hope they came out. Anyway, they play the voice over with Clay saying how the song started it all and up comes Clay and John! They start playing the music and started the part where Clay's supposed to sing too early. Clay just stands there looking at the person like "What are you dong?!" Then Clay tells them to stop and says "you kind of have to wait until I get to the mic in order to sing. B/c if I'm way back here, you won't be able to hear me." Clay backs up from the mic and goes "Can you hear me if I'm away from the mic?", and the guy says no, and Clay goes "exactly." Sanrky Clay, gotta love him! So they start going back down under the stage to start over. Meanwhile, you hear John going "Weeeeeeeeeee, this is fun!" And Clay started laughing! So they started over and it was PERFECT! They were so cute together! So after John was done singing, he picks him up and introduces him to all the band members. The only people that were't there though were Quianna and Angela. However, Angela and Jacob both came up to John before they started rehearsing. Anyway, we're standing there and my mom asks to get a picture of John and Clay. Of course he said yes. Then he goes, lets get the whole family up here and get pictures." We get up on stage and take a couple of pics. Then we were able to talk to Clay for a bit. He asked us if we were going to stay for the concert. OF COURSE WE ARE CLAY! lol. He seemed really happy that we were staying. I seriously could not tell Clay thank you enough for what he did. I must have told him and his crew a million times. John also got a pic taken with Danny (the guitar player). Danny put the guitar over John's shoulder and got a pic taken. Too adorable!

I'm really sorry this review sucks. But I'm literally shaking here trying to type this and I cannot think straight. I am still SO excited.

Anyway, John also got a pic taken with Jacob. Jacob then goes, "this little guy is going to steal my job!" LOL! A little later Clay had to go and get things all set up. John is sitting in the very front while my mom, dad, and I were sitting about a table back from him. So my dad and I always joke around with e/o by pretending to fight. So Danny jumps down off the stage and goes "It's a family feud!" Then he tells my dad that he'll help him take me on. So I go "come on, you wnat to fight?" And Danny says something to my dad along the lines of n/m, your on your own on this one. Hahaha!

A little later, Clay had to do some meet and greets so we just stayed where we were. Quite a while later, we were finally showed our seats. Thank so much to Clay. I'm going to skip right to the concert. We had better seats then we did last night. And last night's seats were good! We were just on the level above the floor. GREAT SEATS! While Clay was singing a song (I forget which one it was), John was waving frantically to Clay on stage and then Clay looks directly at him and waves at him and starts singing to him! AHHH! John got so excited! So we're sitting there watching the concert but John started acting very lethargic, so he goes and sits on my dad's lap. When it got closer to TITN, he started feeling better, so I had him go back to his seat right up against the rail where Clay could see him. TITN starts playing and everyone looks at John! It was so cute! Clay practically sang the whole song to John! I had the BIGGEST smile across my face. I'm telling John to wave, but he didn't feel like it. I don't really think John knew Clay was watching him until I said something to him. When he realized it, he started waving like crazy. This was the best experience EVER. I'm so proud of John, and love him so much. We will NEVER forget this amazing experience.

And I just want to thank all of you who were at the concert tonight that came up to John and talked to him. He loved every bit of it. I also want to thank those of you who gave him gifts. It was so sweet of you. He LOVES them.

I know I forgot a few things, but I can't remember what. I'll add them later when I remember and I'll bold the print so you all know things were added.  
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx