gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:46:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 28  (Read 8537 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 28, 2004, 03:33:50 AM »

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!

WE HAD A POWER OUTTAGE THIS MORNING (JUST IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD Cry!:  Cry!: )  SO I"M LATE, I'M LATE!!!!
 (WHY DO I HAVE ON 2 DIFFERENT COLORED SHOES?????) :roll:  :roll:

The DisneyHand Teacher Awards, dedicated to honoring the most creative and inspiring teachers in America, this year bestowed Hector Ibarra, a 6th and 7th grade teacher from West Branch Middle School in West Branch, Iowa, with the first Youth Service America Award. The honor, presented by multi-platinum performing artist and former special education teacher Clay Aiken, was given to Ibarra for his exemplary use of community service as a teaching methodology.

Since 1993, Ibarra's flagship youth service learning program, Timber Stand Improvement, has successfully linked science to the community. Some of Timber Stand Improvement's success includes planting more than 2,000 oak, hickory and walnut trees in Iowa's Cedar Valley Park; collecting 4,265 used oil filters and extracting 37.2 gallons of oil, preventing the substance from entering the Cedar County landfill; encouraging retrofitting of inefficient shower heads and sink aerators; planting amaryllis bulbs for senior citizen homes and local businesses; and holding a student-run reading program for elementary, preschool and daycare children.

DisneyHand worked in concert with Youth Service America, a resource center that works with thousands of organizations to increase the quality and quantity of volunteer opportunities for young people in America ages 5-25, to select Ibarra for the award. Founded in 1986, Youth Service America's mission is to strengthen the effectiveness, sustainability and scale of the youth service and service-learning fields.

"We are thrilled that the DisneyHand Teacher Awards recognizes innovative teachers who build bridges between classrooms and the unmet needs of communities," said Steve Culbertson, president and chief executive officer of Youth Service America. "Being a good citizen is no different than reading, writing or arithmetic. It must be taught early and practiced often."

"I am so honored to be the recipient of this award," said Ibarra. "Timber Stand Improvement's projects are student-centered and are focused on preserving or rejuvenating the resources that touch the lives of the young people who participate in each program. My students are investigating the earth, planting trees, preventing pollution and even presenting city officials with water conservation strategies. This real life experience provides kids with an appreciation for the earth's resources that a classroom setting can't necessarily provide."

In addition to the Youth Service America Award, Ibarra has received accolades from numerous organizations for his exemplary work in the community, including three President's Environmental Youth Awards; two Governor Environmental Awards; the State Farm Good Neighbor National Award; West Branch Chamber of Commerce Community Member of the Year Award; the Governor's Teacher Award for Community Involvement; and President Clinton acknowledged Ibarra's energy projects in his October 1997 global warming national speech.

DisneyHand Teacher Awards is part of DisneyHand, worldwide outreach for The Walt Disney Company, dedicated to making the dreams of families and children a reality through public service initiatives, community outreach and volunteerism in the areas of learning, compassion, the arts and the environment.

The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise which includes Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, The Walt Disney Studios, ABC, Inc., ESPN, Disney Channel, Disney Consumer Products, television and radio stations and Internet web sites. For more information on Disney's corporate public service efforts, please visit our Web site at www.disneyhand.com.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 03:35:47 AM »

INTERESING NON-CLAY NEWS

Idol' Host Seacrest's Talk Show Canceled

Tue Jul 27, 7:53 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - The syndicated TV series "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" is going off the air, permanently.

Seacrest was unable to turn his visibility as host of Fox's "American Idol" into success for the talk and music show, and low ratings led Twentieth Television on Tuesday to announce the end of production.

"I am proud of my team who worked tirelessly every day," Seacrest said in a statement. "I wouldn't have changed anything about this entire experience and I look forward to building my business within Twentieth Television."

The Fox TV-owned studio said it believed the goal of providing viewers with "an engaging and alternative source of entertainment" was accomplished.

"It was our desire that the program would appeal to a wide array of viewers but, unfortunately, the marketplace's response was not as strong as we had hoped," the studio said in a statement. "On-Air," which debuted in January from a studio in the complex where the Academy Awards (news - web sites) are held, will be broadcast through Sept. 17.

Seacrest will remain with "American Idol," the hit talent-search series which returns for its fourth season in January. He'll also keep his day job as host of the Los Angeles radio show, "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest," and with the weekly countdown show "American Top 40."

Twentieth, which picked up a second-season option with Seacrest less than a month ago and which Tuesday described him as bringing "a high level of talent and class to the industry," could be back in business with him on another project.

An "appropriate project" would be a strong possibility, a Twentieth spokesman said Tuesday.

YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 03:37:10 AM »

REMINDER

ON MTV THIS MORNING:

WEDNESDAY, 7/28
HITS: Backstage Pass 11:00 a.m.
We hang out with Clay Aiken & The Claymates in Baltimore.

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 03:41:13 AM »

'IDOL' WISHES

Would-be stars pack the Pavilion, withstand heat for TV auditions

By Phil Watson

The Sun News

They stood in the sun for hours, sweating through their shirts, begging for free bottles of water and hoping their bosses didn't find out they weren't really sick.

But few of the Carolina Idol contestants in a line that stretched down Ninth Avenue North on Monday had any regrets about coming to audition.

Thoughts of Ruben, Clay, Kelly and Fantasia kept the 300 contestants' minds off the heat and on the 10 seconds they had to prove they were worthy to compete on the TV show "American Idol."

The judges chose the best 20 singers to return at 4 p.m. today to The Myrtle Beach Pavilion Amusement Park, and one will be picked to go on a trip Aug. 17 and 18 to Washington to try out for the hit show.(snip)

MYRTLEBEACHONLINE

THERE HE GOES, BEING LUMPED WITH THE WINNERS AGAIN

shock:  shock:  shock:

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 03:42:59 AM »

The Vulture says goodbye to great shows, lip-synchers and 'Idol'
By Dan Nailen
Salt Lake Tribune Columnist

Ladies and gentlemen, The Vulture is leaving the building. After five years writing this column and covering pop music, I'm taking a gig elsewhere within this newspaper, a job where I'll get to mingle with Utahns throughout the state rather than just those who belly up to the bar at one of my favorite watering holes. The "Culture Vulture" column will continue under new ownership. In the meantime, indulge me in a brief bout of reflection. The five years I've spent doing this column and covering music have been full of highlights, enough that the reams of hate-mail that occasionally come from, say, Clay Aiken's fan club, don't really bring me down.
   Many highlights were interviews with some of my favorite artists - Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic from Nirvana, Ani DiFranco, Del McCoury, Elvis's guitar player Scotty Moore - and many more were concerts I've been lucky enough to review: Fugazi, Prince, Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson. Seeing the right artist at the right venue on the right night can be a magical thing, as any hard-core music fan can tell you, and you can leave a big arena or small club feeling a lot better about the world than you did before the show started.
   Of course, it works the other way as well. Some trends that have taken hold in the music industry and among music fans are enough to make a grown man cry, and some concerts can make you feel dead inside   as much as others can make you feel alive. (snip)

SLTRIB

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 03:44:41 AM »

Now I'M a Believer
by Landon Howell
Owner & Editor

American Idol 2003 was, hands down, the most exciting, nail-biting experience I've ever encountered watching broadcast television.

Yes, being a native Alabamian, I was a HUGE (no pun intended) Ruben Studdard supporter.  Week after week it seemed that Ruben could do no wrong.  And week after week it seemed that Clay Aiken was gaining more and more support.

So, by nature, I turned against the Claymates (Clay-mates? Clay mates? Spelling?) in the defense of my dear Ruben.

It's safe to say that over a year later... Clay, though he is not the American Idol, has become somewhat of an American Icon.

Traveling around the country preaching wholesome, Christian values.  Selling out concert halls and arenas to what I have heard described as "The best concert I've ever, and will ever go to."

But Clay can't do this alone. Oh, no.  A good performer always has a great fan base.

Over the last few days a couple of articles have been posted on this site and read world wide by Clay fans.

Only they would dig through the cluttered internet just to find one article on Clay.  And as a fan of my own artists and sports teams I have to say... I respect that.

Love Clay or hate him, his fan base has gotten him further than most of us could go.

They see the good Christian example he puts forth, and they like it... they respect it.

As do I.  As the old saying goes: "You you are going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk."

We live in a society that praises those who shouldn't be praised.  We are surrounded by superstars who claim Christianity yet their actions do nothing to back it up.

Clay Aiken, as feminine as he can be at times (sorry... but he even admits to it) does what he says, and says what he does.

So Clay, congrats on the success, and thank you for the positive example you set for America's youth.

And while I'm at it, I have to give a nod to some of the fan websites who have linked juiceenewsdaily stories to their websites over the last few days.

JUICENEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 03:47:13 AM »

DON KIRSHNER SIGNS NEW CONTRACT; EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN!

Kirshner International, Inc. (Pink Sheets:KSNR) announced today, that after extensive negotiations with the companies' namesake, Don Kirshner, that a contract has been entered with Mr. Kirshner for three years with an option for an additional three years. Mr. Kirshner will be the Company's Chairman of the Board Emeritus, and Creative Director. Mr. Kirshner will receive additional equity in the Company, issued in the same manner as has his original shares in connection with the new contract. The Company also announced that, after ensuring necessary regulatory compliance and coordination with its transfer agent, it will effect a reverse-split 1:5 of its common stock. Details of the changes in Kirshner International, Inc. capital structure will be available upon request.

As previously announced Kirshner International intends to be a creator of content in a number of segments of entertainment with Don Kirshner whom Time Magazine called "The Man With The Golden Ear." (snip)

The most performed song for BMI - "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" - was a Don Kirshner song and "Where The Boys Are" which started the "Spring Break" in Florida was written for Kirshner. Barbra Streisand, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra have all recorded Kirshner songs and the most recent number one record "Solitaire" by Clay Aiken on "American Idol," originated as a Kirshner copyright. Over the past year Kirshner songs have appeared in such mega hit films such as "Fahrenheit 911" and "Shrek."

HOMEBUSINESSWIRE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 03:50:08 AM »

GO HERE FOR A CLAYREPORT STORY CALLED--

Clay Mate Or Clay Fan
Who I Am I And Where
Do I Belong?

CLAYREPORT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 03:53:51 AM »

A STORY ON JOSH GRACIN THAT MENTIONS YOU-KNOW-WHO!!

American Idol finalist Josh Gracin appeared on local radio station the WHWK yesterday morning to wow listeners with his voice and share his military experiences. Garcin, a Lance Corporal with the U.S. Marines, finished in fourth place in American Idol 2003 behind Reuben Studdard, Clay Aiken, and Kimberly Locke. With his hit single "I Want To Live" topping the country music charts, Garcin is using his visibility to encourage other young people to join the military. Garcin will finish his duty in September but plans to stay involved with the marines. He will perform at Madison Square Garden this October, and plans to start recording a second album in January.

WICZ TV

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 04:23:04 AM »

THIS JUST IN:

BREAKING NEWS FROM CONNECTICUT---CNN IS REPORTING SHORTAGE OF VELCRO--UPDATES TO FOLLOW!!!
 Wink:  Wink:  Wink:  Wink:  Wink:  Wink:  Wink:  Wink:

DEANNA

Clay "is" the "News"
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 04:42:29 AM »

Jeffrey Thompson of Fort Lewis, Wash., Named 2004 Disneyhand Teacher of the Year

Jeffrey Thompson, a Kindergarten teacher at Evergreen Elementary school on the Fort Lewis, Wash., military post took home top honors at the 2004 DisneyHand Teacher Awards. Out of 150,000 nominees, Thompson was selected by a distinguished committee as Outstanding Elementary School Teacher, and was ultimately chosen by his peers as the 2004 DisneyHand Teacher Awards Teacher of the Year.

(snip)

Other honorees during the evening included Warren G. Phillips, a 7th grade science and TV technology teacher from Plymouth, Mass., who was named Outstanding Middle School Teacher; High School science and chemistry teacher Glenn D. Lid of Maywood, Ill., who was named Outstanding High School Teacher; and Hector Ibarra, a 6th and 7th grade teacher at West Branch Middle School in West Branch, Iowa, who was honored for using community service as a teaching methodology. The Youth Service America Award was presented to Ibarra, the first recipient, by multi-platinum performing artist and former special education teacher Clay Aiken.

MICKEY NEWS
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 04:44:30 AM »

Show-Biz Inspirationals

That seems to be somewhat of a trend these days, with two high-powered music stars signing in the same week for books designed to help their many fans cope better with their lives. At Random House, editor Jonathan Karp signed pop singer Clay Aiken for a book to be called Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life, in which Aiken will tell of people who taught him important lessons about life in his rapid ascent, first to special education teacher, then to musical stardom via American Idol. Author Alison Glock will be his collaborator, and the world rights deal was signed with Alan Nevins of the Firm in Hollywood, for publication in November.

Publishers Weekly: July 19, 2004 edition - Under “Hot Deals” No Link.
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 04:44:56 AM »

I am saddened by the news about Ryan Seacrest.  I think Ryan has a charming,cute and warm way of interviewing his guests and welcoming his audience.  To me, his only problem was probably his timeslot.  Not too many people home at that hour.

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 05:05:38 AM »

Good morning Deanna and thank you for the news.

I am also saddened about Ryan Seacrest's show.  I watched it when I was home from work and he always showed such great respect for his guest including our very own Clay Aiken.  I am sure there will be something else in the works for him.

I also loved the review about Clay from the reporter that said he was a Ruben fan but since has complimented Clay on what he has accomplished.  The only comment that I don't agree with is about the feminen side to Clay.  What is up with that.  That is why hundreds of thousands of woman are drooling across the country.

Deanna - No Velcro.  That is o.k.  I was prepared.  I bought my supply a long time ago.

Lorraine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 05:09:19 AM »

since Ryan's show was syndicated, it aired at 4pm in Ohio. It was up against: Oprah Winfrey, Judge Judy, and Maury Povich!! So, yes, the time-slot in Ohio wasn't a favorable one. also, if his show was on a music channel, it just might have did better than it did on FOX...that's my theory.

Let me be one of the first ClayFans to wish "the Vulture" a nice sojurn from the music world...he just had to get the one last jab in there. i guess the regular hate mail he gets pales in comparision to what ClayFans have sent him...he's the one who specifically pointed Clay's fans out...i've never heard of the guy before so i never wrote him an angry letter...but besides, the Vulture shouldn't act surprised that Clay's supporters rush to his defense.

That's one of the fun things about being a fan...the supporting of your favorite singer or actor, etc. against attacks.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 05:31:18 AM »

Quote from: Landon Howell
Clay Aiken, as feminine as he can be at times (sorry...but he even admits to it) does what he says, and says what he does

===================
this is the only part of the article that sticks out for me. Why insert it at all?

What does Clay's feminine side {as you call it} have to do with him doing what he says and saying what he does? is there a crime being committed if a "feminine" side of a man is displayed and even more so, is it wrong that someone who's feminine, in your eyes, has power in this macho world?? see, even though your intentions were good, that little teeny insertion of chauvinism and the "F" word killed your whole article for me.

but, to be fair, i'm gonna read that article again and see if i missed something...

well, i just came back from re-reading the article and as before, that comment stuck out because it didn't belong there.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 05:56:25 AM »

I too am saddened by the departure of "On Air" with Ryan.  In Seattle area it airs at 5:00. Also a bad time slot, as most people are preparing for dinner or on their way home from work. I'm convinced that was the main problem too. I think he's a great host and he's cute as a bugs' ear!  Laughing:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 06:01:07 AM »

From the Delware Online News Journal

Clay Aiken: 15 minutes and counting
Stands half empty at rainy, uninspired state fair show
By RYAN CORMIER
Staff reporter
07/28/2004

First there were the Deadheads.

Then came the Kiss Army, Parrot Heads and Phish Phans.

Now we have "Clay Mates," and they were swarming the Delaware State Fair on Tuesday night for Clay Aiken's concert.

Mostly made up of preteens, teens and their parents, the fans huddled under their ponchos as a steady rain fell throughout the night.

Aiken opened the show with an uninspired cover of U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name."

Imagine Britney Spears covering "Sunday Bloody Sunday."

Well, it was worse than that.

Aiken, dressed in an untucked blue button-down shirt, a yellow tie and khakis, sucked every bit of emotion out of the seminal U2 song.

The fans cheered at one point in the song, but it was at the line "I want to take shelter from the pouring rain."

For the rest of the soggy evening, Aiken sang nearly every song off his debut album and sprinkled in a few other covers. But since all of his own songs were written by other people, the whole concert was basically a five-piece cover band fronted by Clay Aiken.

Aiken rose to fame through defeat in 2003 when he lost the second "American Idol" competition to Ruben Studdard.

Unlike Justin Guarini, whose career has turned into a punch line following his second-place finish at the first "American Idol," Aiken has capitalized on his loss.

Even though the 25-year-old has been lambasted by music critics (one called him a "Southern-fried theater nerd"), his first album, "Measure of a Man," debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts when it was released in October and has sold 3 million copies.

His first single off the album, "This Is the Night," was the best-selling single of 2003 and his second single, "Solitaire," opened at No. 1, turning his reality television experience into a bona fide pop chart juggernaut.

But during Tuesday's 60-minute set, the one-man boy band looked like anything but.

His stage presence consisted of synchronized stepping with his three backup singers, clapping his hands over his head, leaning on a railing and sitting on a stool.

Even his chats with the crowd seemed forced. "You guys are better than I am for sitting out here," he said at one point. "So I'll stop talking."

The set included a tribute to James Taylor with Aiken singing "Sweet Baby James."

The tribute took an odd turn when his backup singers took turns singing lead on Taylor's "How Sweet It Is," "Fire and Rain" and "Whenever I See Your Smiling Face."

During those three songs, Aiken sang backup harmony - surely not what the wet crowd paid $23 each to see.

They also didn't sit in the rain to watch the Disney infomercial that opened the show, touting Aiken's song "Proud Of Your Boy," which will be included on the "Aladdin" special edition DVD out later this year.

The attendance was well below the 7,700 capacity for a concert at the state fair, with the grandstand half-empty.

Tonight's Toby Keith show and Saturday's performance by Rascal Flatts are sold out.

Reach Ryan Cormier at 324-2863 or rcormier@delawareonline.com.

Obviously Mr. Cormier is not a Clay fan or he would know this is exactly what Clay's fans want and crave from him.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 06:43:47 AM »

WHAT I WOULD SAY TO MR CORMIER WOULDN'T BE PRETTY.  HE APPARENTLY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT CLAY FANS WANT FROM HIM BUT WE DO.  THAT IS ENOUGH.  HE SHOULD BRUSH UP ON HIS BACKGROUND OF CLAY.

AC - I NEED YOU HERE.  

LORRAINE
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 07:55:59 AM »

Oh that guy has no clue what he is talking about..... :(  :x  :x  :x  :x

Anyhwo,I am so upset about Ryan's show,I really enjoyed it!I have always liked Ryan :(

But,thanks for all the news & updates!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx