gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 223
Total: 223

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 22  (Read 3941 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 22, 2004, 02:49:55 AM »

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!!

Cherie Blossoms

Everyone knows Cherie's story because it's a classic one of anonymity to ubiquity: The French-born singer worked as a waitress, sang at night and was asked at a talent show to record some vocal tracks. The tapes made it to America, and now she's the subject of a million-dollar ad campaign and a current touring slot with Clay Aiken.

It has yet to be seen if her gilded ride winds up a dirty patch of pumpkins, but in the meantime she keeps moving. "It's not like everything happens just like that, just like 'snap,' and it happens," the 19-year-old says on July 9, en route to the second stop of Aiken's tour in South Carolina. The tour brings them to the Onondaga County War Memorial, 800 S. State St., Saturday, July 24, 7:30 p.m. (Tickets are $35 to $45 by calling 435-8010, or through Ticketmaster, 472-0700.) "For me it's been a lot of work--not like a dream come true, just the result of a lot of work."

Cherie, whose real name is Cindy Almouzni, got her first big break when she won the French National Vocal Award in 1996. Countless karaoke nights, talent contests and a demo tape later, Lava Records founder Jason Flom took her under his wing and helped get her infectious "I'm Ready" on the February soundtrack to Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Hollywood). It's also in Dell Inc.'s new TV ad, and will be the lead single on her eponymous debut, set for an Aug. 3 release on Lava.

"{Recording} wasn't an easy experience because it was my first album," she says in her thick Marseille accent. "Everything is the first for me. I have tough times, but my fun when I am singing is so high that it covers all the other stuff." Her style, though still developing, is fun to hear on Cherie; she sounds at times like Celine Dion with tricked-out production ("It's Your Love"), an amateur Whitney Houston and, in the dancefloor-ready "Betcha Never" and "Body, Soul and Heart," her teen-pop contemporary Britney Spears.

The latter is a surprise since bubble-gum music is sooo late '90s--*Nsync is on hiatus and Spears herself has grown up and is getting married, godspeed to her--but genres are just bridges for Cherie. That's something she shares with the new wave of European girl-pop acts she's been lumped in with, including the U.K.'s Sugarbabes, Norweigan teen Maria Mena and Brit soul-rappers Mis-Teeq, though the similarities mostly stop there. "My biggest satisfaction is to be on stage and feed those smiles," she says. "No matter how good your voice is, or how bad, it's always good when you have that connection."

She gets hella nervous before shows, something that hasn't been helped by touring the mega-venue circuit with Aiken, who was a 2003 runner-up on the American Idol TV contest.

"No matter what I do, I just go on stage," she says. "Because my philosophy is no regrets. My dad used to say that you don't get nothing for nothing, which means you'll probably have to work a lot. But it's important, because you'll be happier."

Could she imagine herself doing anything else? "No, never," she says without pause. "I could be a waitress, I did some of that. But I wouldn't be myself, it wouldn't be that pleasing. It would be just, like, surviving."

NEWSTIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 02:54:39 AM »

Singing star wannabes invited to take part in Victoria Idol

July 21, 2004

Starry-eyed music hopefuls looking to make it big are invited to participate in Victoria Idol, a local spin-off of Fox's American Idol.

Victoria Idol auditions are scheduled for noon Saturday at the Victoria Mall. Registration will begin at 10 a.m. The registration table will be near The Gap and the pergola. Entry is free.

Each contestant will have 30 seconds to perform a cappella for a panel of judges, who will select 10 finalists, said Rosanna Shoemake, property and marketing manager for Victoria Mall. Contestants will be judged on singing ability, stage presence and execution.

Shoemake said the judges will have the opportunity to tell contestants what they thought of their performances.

"They are going to have a microphone, so they will be able to make comments," she said.

The 10 finalists will be announced Monday morning on 95 KVIC.

Round two of Victoria Idol will be on July 31. Contestants will sing their favorite songs with the accompaniment of Tom Kat Karaoke.

The finalists will be judged by the audience and the top three singers who will continue to the final round will be announced on Aug. 2 on the 95 KVIC morning show.

"We'll have ballots that we'll hand to people and they'll just write the number of the person they want to vote for and stick it in the ballot box," explained Shoemake.

The final competition is scheduled for Aug. 14. Each singer will sing two songs with Tom Kat Karaoke and be judged by the audience. The grand prize winner will be announced that day, approximately one hour after the competition, said Shoemake.

"The grand prize is a trip for two to see Clay Aiken in September in Houston," said Shoemake.

The winner will travel to the show in a limo from Limousines of Victoria, receive a $250 shopping spree in Dillard's for a new outfit and $100 spending cash.

Contestants must be at least 16 to enter. Each person under the age of 18 must have an accompanying parent or guardian to sign a release, said Shoemake.

Shoemake said that the mall planned the event to offer some fun to Victorians.

"There's several places in the U.S. right now doing their own idol promotions," she said. "It's one of those things that we decided we needed to do, too."

Rules, entry forms and waivers for contestants under 18 are all available at www.shopvictoriamall.com

Sponsors of Victoria Idol are the Victoria Mall, 95 KVIC, Killebrew Inc., Limousines of Victoria, Tom Kat Karaoke, Dillard's and Kings Party Rentals.

For more information, visit www.shopvictoriamall.com or call 361-576-1291.

VICTORIA  ADVOCATE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 02:58:15 AM »

THE BIG NEWS HEADLINE:

Feat of Clay

Clay Aiken is looking for a new home. Though he has spent the past year living with fellow "American Idol" star Kimberly Locke in a bungalow-style house in southern California, their lease is ending soon, and both are searching for a new place to live, Aiken says to the "Tennessean."

TIMESLEADRER
 Wink:  Wink:

I HOPE HE DOESN'T EVER BUY A GLASS HOUSE!!! :roll:  :roll:

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 03:01:12 AM »

Good morning Deanna!!
I HOPE HE DOESN'T EVER BUY A GLASS HOUSE!!!  
 You're too funny....Have a great day!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 03:22:07 AM »

I JUST POSTED ANOTHER INTERSTING ARTICLE ON POOR CONCERT SALES IN THE TOUR TALK THREAD:

TOUR TALK

MAKES ME REALIZE THAT CLAY IS DOING JUST FINE!!!! Wink:  Wink:  Wink:

Clay "is" the "News"
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 03:22:45 AM »

"Aiken on Tour" Syracuse article
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.syracuse.com/entertai...885241.xml

Aiken on Tour
Thursday, July 22, 2004
By Mark Bialczak
Staff writer
Ask Clay Aiken how's the day going in Sioux Falls, S.D. - we do read the tour itinerary to prepare for these interviews, you know - and the American Idol chuckles.

"Well, I don't know," Aiken says by telephone. "I'm in Grand Forks, North Dakota!"

Turns out Aiken's getting ready to travel to Sioux Falls for a show later that night.

So, the natural question becomes, do you ever wake up on tour and not remember what city you're in?

"I do," Aiken confesses. "But I've had it drilled into me here. Grand Forks. Grand Forks. Grand Forks."

Aiken's got 10 minutes to talk before he gets ready to get on the tour bus.

"We're always on the bus," he says. "I like it that way. It's much easier. The bus becomes home. I like different cities. I enjoy seeing them. It's neat to see different ways people live. There are so many things to see around this country."

Aiken says it quickly. When you talk to the personable runner-up to Ruben Studdard in the 2003 "American Idol" competition, you can indeed squeeze a 15-minute interview into a 10-minute slot.

Aiken's 42-date headliner tour comes to Syracuse for a show at the Onondaga War Memorial on Saturday night. Before this, he co-headlined a national tour with 2002 "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson.

Yes, lots has happened for the spikey-haired native of North Carolina since he graduated from the Fox TV show into the world of the-rest-of-your-career.

His album, "Measure of a Man" has sold three million copies. His first single, "This Is the Night," was the best-selling single of 2003. His next single, "Solitaire," debuted No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart.

The networks love him. He's appeared on the late-night TV shows and performed on the morning programs.

And he actually seems to enjoy allowing a reporter to ask questions.

Q: How have you handled the fame?

A: "It's been difficult because it happened so fast. Not having three or four years to ease into the hubbub. It's been difficult to get used to not being able to walk the dog or go to the grocery store. People are out there, waiting to meet me."

Q: Do you ever get used to fame?

A: "I think you get used to the fact that ... let's say I don't get surprised anymore when my name is mentioned on TV. I was watching Jay Leno, my name came up. No big deal anymore. You get used to realizing that your life will be different. I hope I don't get used to fame. As complicated and difficult as it is, it's humbling at the same time. If I ever get used to it and take it for granted, that wouldn't be good."

Q: Do you want the fame to last or do you want to go back to a 'normal' life?

A: "I don't care either way. OK, I do care a little bit. How long do I want it to last? I want it to last as long as it will. I think there are a lot of people who have their 15 minutes, than they scramble to be on 'Hollywood Squares' or '100,000 Pyramid.' I don't' want to be one of those people. If I end up working for the (Bubel/Aiken) Foundation (to care for challenged children), that's OK. If what's next for me is going to teach, I'm ready for it. I miss that. I don't ever want to miss that, either. I like to have a bit of that reality. Maybe I'm one of those people who really aren't all that thrilled with fame. I do love what I do, but some aspects of it ..."

Q: Do you think that things would have turned out differently if you had beaten Ruben instead of losing by, what, 20,000 out a 3 million votes?

A: "I joke about that a lot. Oh, I lost. But in all honesty, I think that I'm pretty OK where I am now, and I'm happy with what has transpired."

Q: What have you learned since "American Idol" that has helped you become a better performer?

A: "I think just being a little more comfortable with what I'm doing. Knowing the audience a little more, knowing the music a little more. Some of the songs from that album, I couldn't relate to my life. I haven't been scorned in a previous life, and not since, either, in a love way. But in the business, yes. So many life lessons that I've learned in the past year can be used to identify with the songs."

Q: Are you a more confident performer now?

A: "I think I was pretty confident before now. If anything, I'm less confident. There are times I hope that I don't let the fans down. I didn't worry about that before. Now there are so many fans loyal to me."

Q: Who did you want to win this year's "American Idol" competition?

A: I kind of had LaToya (London) picked from the beginning. She was so classy. But after LaToya was eliminated, I think the right person won. Fantasia (Barrino) was the obvious pick then."

Q: Is there a fraternal feeling among "American Idol" competitors?

A: No, not really. Interestingly enough, we never have contact with seasons that aren't part of us.

" I'm friends with Kelly, obviously because of the tour, but any others out of my season.

" I stay in touch with Kimberly (Locke) and Ruben. We're a graduating class together."

© 2004 The Post-Standard. Used with permission.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:44:10 AM »

Dreams are coming true for 'Idol' runnerup

By Sean Moeller

It’s still hard for Diana DeGarmo to fully understand the enormity of “American Idol,” the star-searching audition show that gives those with singing talents and those without the same sort of fair shake.
The third season culminated with the 17-year-old from Snellville, Ga., a suburb of Atlanta, finishing as a runnerup to Fantasia Barrino. It was the country’s No. 1 rated show, watched by over 24 million people nightly.

(snip)

A huge NASCAR fan, DeGarmo has only been bummed about her “Idol” finish once, when those who were voted behind her by the American consensus got to perform at a race in Florida earlier this summer.
“I’m a huge fan. For one day I wished I was third. They told me, ’You’re not allowed to,’” DeGarmo said.
Sharing a place-winning with the second season’s Clay Aiken is not all she’d like to share. The critical and popular success of the frosted-tip-haired, freckle-face dwarfs that of that season’s champion Ruben Studdard. DeGarmo is hoping to carve out that kind of success for herself once her debut record proper descends in the fall.
“We keep playing phone tag,” she said of Aiken. “I’d love to talk to pick his brain for a while. He’s obviously an awesome business man.”

(snip)

QUAD CITY TIMES

“I’d love to talk to pick his brain for a while." Get in line honey!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 05:14:32 AM »

THANK YOU DEANNA AND PAM.  I CAN OFFICIALLY START MY DAY HERE AT WORK.

LORRAINE
outthereforclay
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 08:05:33 AM »

He’s obviously an awesome business man.”

to say the least.... 8)
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 08:22:31 AM »

North Charleston review from ???  Posted by Claysdabomb at Clayboard

A nice boy to marry your daughter.

There are still certain times when even something as effortless as attending a concert becomes hard work. I was expecting Sunday night to be a perfect example of that when I attended the Clay Aiken concert at the North Charleston Coliseum.
Let me give you a little background of myself. First, I abhor the prepackaged fluff that passes for pop music these days. The only time I watch the T.V. show "American Idol" is during the first few episodes, where Simon, Randy and Paula are still weeding out the William Hungs among the hopeful multitudes. Aside from that, I really couldn't care less who wins those silly karaoke contests. So when I was given the opportunity to see Clay Aiken perform, you might think my first reaction would be to run away screaming.
Actually, I wanted to go, if only for the chance to see an actual ready-made popstar. Although Aiken seems to be a nice guy, the fact remains that he is the creation of the FOX network. I will admit that I am amused that Aiken, who came in second place at last years "American Idol" contest, has managed to become the biggest star so far to emerge from "IDOL", eclipsing the efforts of Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini and Ruben Studdard. Wow, I just named three other "American Idol" winners without looking them up on Google. Perhaps I was paying more attention to that show than I thought.
So, I arrived at the North Charleston Coliseum ready to be entertained, and indeed I was, even before I stepped into the building. I discovered that Aiken's core audience isn't the teens who watched "American Idol", but rather the mothers of those kids. A large percentage of the 5000 or so people who attended Snight's show seemed to be women between the ages of 40 and 50.(LIE I was there. there was a good range of ages) Perhaps it is the nice-guy image that Aiken presents. Most mothers will probably tell you that Aiken is just the sort of clean-cut boy they would like to see their daughters bring home.
With that said, it was still a little weird when, in the middle of Aiken's set, a woman sitting a couple rows in front of me who was old enough to be someone's grandma shrieked, "I love you, Clay!" There was a lot of that sort of screaming going on, along with displaying of poster board signs and constant flashing of disposable cameras. After spending a weekend at the Bonnaroo Festival and several weeks covering shows in small clubs, the spectacle of this coliseum performance was pretty surreal.
The beginning of Aiken's performance found the singer stepping out from under the stage's massive staircase, which opened kind of like the one in the house in which TV's The Munsters lived. As Aiken emerged, singing U2's "Where the Streets Have no Name," the crowd litterally went wild. We're talking spontaneous dancing in the aisles and everything. Incidently, Cher opened with the exact same song when she played the Coliseum last year. Draw whatever conclusions you choose.
Clad in blue jeans, a striped shirt and a red tie, Aiken roamed the three-tiered stage, belting out songs from his debut CD,"Measure of a Man," including "No More Sad Songs," "Shine," "Perfect Day" and the title track. Beside the U2 tune, covers included Toto's "Rosanna," Mr. Mister's(anyone remember them?) "Kyrie," and a James Taylor medley that Aiken shared with his backup singers. One of those singers was none other than Charleston's own Quiana Parlor, who also competed in the early rounds of American Idol's second season. Parlor and Aiken performed a duet on the song "without You," but not before Aiken gave an audience member from Ashville a chance to sing the same song with him earlier in the show. After the obligatory performance of the hit single "Invisible," Aiken stepped back under the stairs, only to emerge moments later for his required encore, a performance of "Solitaire."
Again, I am not a big fan of Aiken's music, but even I had to admit that the guy really really can sing. While the material was beyond lightweight, Aiken is such an agreeable guy that in some cases you don't mind his vanilla warbling. So was the concert good? Well, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Even I enjoyed Aiken's nod to James Taylor, which featured my favorite JT tune, "Sweet Baby James." A couple of things bothered me about the show, though, the biggest of which was a lengthy promo for Disney's forthcoming "Aladdin" DVD. It came after an intermission and had a charity tie-in, but do we really need what amounts to a television commercial in the middle of a concert that folks paid upward's of $50 to attend? Opening act for Aiken was French singer Cherie, who has gained notice in recent months for songs such as "Older Than My Years" and "I'm ready."
I actually enjoyed Cherie's set more than Aiken's. Cherie sing's as well as Celine Dion, with the noticeable fact that Cherie's music doesn't make me want to vomit. Cherie proved to have an adaquate amount of stage presence as she led the audience through some simple exercises, including "the wave" around the coliseum.
All in all, it was a pretty good show even for someone like myself who normally shuns pop music. I still wouldn't pay to see an act such as Aiken, but I can show you 5000 people who would, and did. Strangley enough that group seems to be made up largely of women who are between the ages of 40 and 50 and are looking for a nice boy to bring home to their daughter.
Watch your back, Clay.

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
cjrmax
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 09:09:38 AM »

Strangley enough that group seems to be made up largely of women who are between the ages of 40 and 50 and are looking for a nice boy to bring home to their daughter.
Watch your back, Clay.

Now while I don't have a daughter, I am in this age range and all I can say, is if I did have a daughter it would NOT be her I would be bringing Clay home for.  I would bring him home for ME!!  Me, me and only me!!!!  Twisted:
houstonclayfan
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 09:38:30 AM »

I always read these reviews but never really spend the time commenting on them. In my mind I do, but I never write them down. For some reason, I am compelled to respond to this one. Maybe its just an avoidance of real life errands  :oops:  :roll:   but anyways....  

Although Aiken seems to be a nice guy, the fact remains that he is the creation of the FOX network.

FOX allowed the world to meet Clay.  The network did not create him. He created himself, with his mother's guidance. If you knew anything about Clay, you would know that he does not want to be "created".

After the obligatory performance of the hit single "Invisible," Aiken stepped back under the stairs, only to emerge moments later for his required encore, a performance of "Solitaire."

obligatory ?  

Again, I am not a big fan of Aiken's music, but even I had to admit that the guy really really can sing.

So what does he have to do to convince you to be a fan ?

So was the concert good? Well, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

woohoo  8)   A reviewer that actually looks around.

A couple of things bothered me about the show, though, the biggest of which was a lengthy promo for Disney's forthcoming "Aladdin" DVD. It came after an intermission and had a charity tie-in, but do we really need what amounts to a television commercial in the middle of a concert that folks paid upward's of $50 to attend?

It was during intermission. Your only other option was a blank screen. Go to the bathroom, get a drink, take a nap....  

Cherie sing's as well as Celine Dion, with the noticeable fact that Cherie's music doesn't make me want to vomit.

Twisted:

Cherie proved to have an adaquate amount of stage presence as she led the audience through some simple exercises, including "the wave" around the coliseum.

If Clay tried to get us to do the wave, I think that I would vomit.
I remember doing that at my high school graduation  :roll:

Strangley enough that group seems to be made up largely of women who are between the ages of 40 and 50 and are looking for a nice boy to bring home to their daughter.

Hmmm  I think you missed a lot of people. But you did admit that he is nice, works for charities, and sings well.  What more do you want ?
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2004, 10:40:18 AM »

bisi, this critic left his name off on purpose i'll bet! It's not even a review. It's more or less a slam against Clay, Idol, and Clay's success...oh, least we forget, it's also an essay on why this "critic" hates Clay Aiken's music beforehand. Let's not forget that little bit of information, okay?

Quote from: insane idiot
Actually, I wanted to go, if only for the chance to see an actual ready-made popstar. Although Aiken seems to be a nice guy, the fact remains that he is the creation of the FOX network.

===============
Ready-made pop star? This explains it. You're one of those idiots still stuck the Beatles era and think singers have to write their own songs, play an instrument, and take drugs or been thrown in jail on their way to the top? You're jealous...but i don't know why? Did you want to be a singer but couldn't make the grade?

Note that he says it like it's something terrible. "the fact remains he is still the creation of the FOX network". Well, so isn't Alan Colmes and Al Bundy...but i'll bet you had your hands shoved down the front of your pants to emulate the beloved Bundy didn't you?? Come on, confess!

Again, i'll play along and assume you're correct and then ask: what's the point in him being the creation of the FOX network have to do with anything?? If he can sing and he has a following that buys his music, which doesn't include you since you're gone out of your way explaining that fact, what's the harm where Clay gained fame??
================
Quote from: dumb-bell
After the obligatory performance of the hit single "Invisible," Aiken stepped back under the stairs, only to emerge moments later for his required encore, a performance of "Solitaire."

================
Obligatory?? Are you trying to tell us something?? Do you think Clay HAS to perform that song or else we'll all get mad?? It's his biggest radio-only hit and so of course he's gonna perform it. :roll: But you're also forgetting that "Solitaire" is also a hit single as is "The Way", through sales. And of course "This is the Night" was a million selling #1-pop and #12 AC hit. You need to realize your stats before you write.
==================
Quote from: confessional critic
Again, I am not a big fan of Aiken's music, but even I had to admit that the guy really really can sing . While the material was beyond lightweight, Aiken is such an agreeable guy that in some cases you don't mind his vanilla warbling. So was the concert good? Well, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves .

==============
Again, if you're not a big fan of Aiken's music how could you possibly experience what those people in the audience feel when he sings? You can't apply conventional logic at a Clay Aiken show and if you try to you'll drive yourself nuts! Look at Simon Cowell! He still shakes his head and rolls his eyes over the one that got away because Cowell's ego wouldn't allow him to publicly embrace Clay.  Laughing:

So, you're saying that if Clay weren't an agreeable guy we'd hate his vanilla warbling? Like i highlighted, Clay's FANS, of which you aren't one, enjoyed themselves. What more do you want??
===============
Quote from: uncomfortable critic
A couple of things bothered me about the show, though, the biggest of which was a lengthy promo for Disney's forthcoming "Aladdin" DVD. It came after an intermission and had a charity tie-in, but do we really need what amounts to a television commercial in the middle of a concert that folks paid upward's of $50 to attend?

===============
critic, i'm trying to be nice here. Of course we want what looks to be a TV commercial. It's called advertising...promotion...aren't you part of the American way of life?? It's called capitalism.
================
Quote from: critic
I actually enjoyed Cherie's set more than Aiken's

===============
Come on, don't you think this kind of behavior has gone on long enough? it's so childish...by saying you enjoy the opening act better than the star attraction is one of the cruellest thing any critic could say. If you enjoy her so much, join her fan club.
===============
Quote from: critic
I still wouldn't pay to see an act such as Aiken, but I can show you 5000 people who would, and did. Strangley enough that group seems to be made up largely of women who are between the ages of 40 and 50

================
Do we really need to hear that you still wouldn't pay to see an act like Aiken? What is so strange about seeing people in their 40s or 50s at a concert? i suppose you're probably under the false illustion that people over 40 can't go to a concert?    
===================
Houstonclayfan kind of stole my thunder about this review! She ripped it apart before i got a chance to Laughing:

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clay_fan_20
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2004, 11:19:37 AM »

this person should do a little research, of couser they will advertise aladdin on clay's concert, he is in the DVD!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2004, 11:24:44 AM »

Houstonclayfan kind of stole my thunder about this review! She ripped it apart before i got a chance to

Awww, I am sorry, AC.  You are so good at it too  8)   I just had to rip that one apart. Together we did a great job  Wink:
tessie
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 11:40:33 AM »

Houston and AC.....thanks to both of you.....you are fun to read.

Is the fact that people seemed to enjoy the concert a bad thing?
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:53 AM »

I raise my glass to you both!  8)  Wink:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 12:50:43 PM »

I ALSO RAISE MY GLASS TO ALL THOSE POSTS AS WELL.  I COULD NOT HAVE SAID ANY OF THAT ANY BETTER THAN YOU GUYS.  

IF CLAYS CONCERTS MAKE US FEEL THAT DAM GOOD SO WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT.  NOT ONE DAM THING.

LORRAINE
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 02:17:33 PM »

Damn right Lorraine!

Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 05:03:04 PM »

I raise my glass too!  Y'all said it just as I would have!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx