gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 335
Total: 335

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 16  (Read 5061 times)
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2004, 07:42:51 AM »

I am so excited our the news for Clay.  MOAM is back on the charts and sold over 6,000 copies.  AC isn't that good news?  You mentioned last week that if Clay went back on the chart that would be the first time for that to happen to an artist.  WHOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you Deanna and Pam for our good news today.

Deanna I love my new avatar.  You are the best.

Lorraine
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2004, 07:56:19 AM »

Thanks Caramel!!

I just fixed it!!! Wink:  Wink:

I must have been asleep this morning when I posted it!! :roll:  :roll:

Maybe I was staring at my avie!!! shock:  shock:

Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2004, 08:02:09 AM »

YES, LORRAINE, THIS IS GOOD NEWS! IT SHOWS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WANTING "IWCY" BECAUSE MOAM IS THE ONLY PLACE IT CAN BE FOUND! I FEEL THE WAY MOST OF YOU WOMEN FEEL WHEN CLAY WINKS OR GRINS...I'M ECSTATIC OVER THE RE-ENTER AT #192.

I didn't say it had never been done before...i think i was rambling on about how if he re-enters, i think that would be the first time an "Idol" CD came bouncing back with a bullet. i knew these appearances would have to help MOAM somehow. The July 4th show; the Kimmel re-run; the GMA show; and the Early Show this past Wednesday should also help MOAM rise even further on next week's chart in addition to the tour and all the upcoming release of IWCY to radio.

this should be added to MOAM's totals too! however, the weeks it was off the chart haven't been chronicled...like i was saying, if it's not on the charts the sales are rarely spoken about...so i still don't know the full total of MOAM. so, whatever total it was at before it left the chart, add the new sales to it and we'll have an estimate.

Quote from: caramel131
Can someone post the US Single chart again?

=====================
if you go to the "News and Appearances" section, which is how you got to the News Network thread, go to the thread "Charting the Waters" near the top of the News and Appearances section and on page 2, i listed this week's Single Sales...Clay is #5 up from #6. i'm one of the people who help with that thread in case you haven't been there yet. that is the thread where Pamela, clayMaine-iac, and i among others that contribute will track various sales and charts. or you can use the link that she gave since she posted that she had the link fixed

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
caramel131
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2004, 09:23:34 AM »

Thanks AC, I guess I have been overlooking that post.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2004, 10:25:13 AM »

SORRY AC BUT DO WE HAVE A TOTAL FOR FANTASIA AND DIANES SINGLE THIS WEEK.  DON'T MEAN TO BE A PEST.

LORRAINE
ClayBuf
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2004, 01:10:04 PM »

If i were Clay i wouldn't do any radio interviews unless i knew they played my songs...more than 3 times a day!!

With all due respect, this is the LAST thing Clay should do.

First of all, if the station has anything to do with promotion or sponsorship of the concert in that city, Clay's interviews are more than likely contractual. He would have no choice but to do the interview, whether that station played his songs or not.

A lot of stations sponsor and/or promote concerts and don't necessarily play the artists' music regularly. Clay is not alone in that regard. If a station is sponsoring and/or promoting a concert, interviews and station sponsored Meet and Greets are almost always contractual obligations on the artist's part.

Secondly, with radio airplay such an issue with Clay, I would think the last  thing he would want to do is to piss off radio. Refusing to do interviews could backfire, big-time. If the stations that request interviews got turned down (for a reason like little or no airplay), what would the chances of airplay for him be in the future? Probably zip. You never know how many stations that do play Clay's songs are a result of listener response to an interview he did. (I think that would be an interesting stat.) It's bad enough that some over-zealous fans piss off stations, but to have Clay do it too, could just about seal his fate on radio. Besides, music or no, the interviews are a way for fans to connect and hear him out there.

I think that sooner or later, radio will have to buckle under to the poularity Clay has. They will have to decide that it's in their best interest to play his songs. They will get it - the same way television already has. We can do our part as fans. Unfortunately, in the meantime, we all have to ride the wave out waiting for it to happen. I truly believe that patience and persistence will pervail.

~Buffi
bisi
UltimateFan

The Eyes have it!

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/3536844/detail.html  (Videos available of interview)

Catching Up With Clay: Tour, Book, CD On Way

POSTED: 8:31 am EDT July 16, 2004
UPDATED: 10:20 am EDT July 16, 2004

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- The pace for Raleigh's Clay Aiken has not stopped since he stepped foot on the "American Idol" stage two years ago. The last year was a whirlwind, and he is not slowing down yet.

What is next for the singing sensation?

One year after he was named "American Idol" runner-up, Aiken is headlining his own concert. Over the next 2½ months, he will play to audiences in U.S. 52 cities.

Video

Watch This Story
Kids Stars Of Camp Dreamed Up By Aiken
Claymania: Aiken Story, Video Archive  

"Everybody's having a good time. It's a fun show. It's a lot longer than the last one was, so there's a lot more entertainment packed in there.," he said.

The pop star is also packing in more projects, like a book due out in November. The memoir is titled, "Learning to Sing, Hearing the Music in Your Life."

"We address some great things that have happened and we address some things that I wish had not. Either way, the point is that despite how bad the music sounds, you can learn something from it," he said.

If that is not enough, Aiken is putting out a Christmas album in November, too.

He is also working on his second CD, which he hopes will come out early next year. Aiken says the music will be a little more uplifting than his first.

"It's not going to be like 'Kum Ba Ya' or anything, but it's a little more positive stuff mixed in there. I think it'll be a little more of an eclectic mix, a microcosm of who I am," he said.

Aiken's life has been flipped upside down. Is he happy?

"Of course, there are still times when I'd like to have some time off and that doesn't really happen, but for the most part I'm happy. I'm enjoying something I love to do," he said.

Aiken performs at the Greensboro Coliseum Friday night.

His next performance in Raleigh is scheduled for Oct. 18 at the North Carolina State Fair.

Reporter: Lynda Loveland

CLAYLOVE IS POWERFUL!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know  peace." - Jimi Hendrix
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2004, 02:02:50 PM »

Thanks for posting all those articles & all the news...... :D
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx