gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:35:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 334
Total: 334

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 3  (Read 94744 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« on: July 12, 2004, 09:52:52 PM »

Here is how we started:

Welcome, everyone to the very first meeting of the "OCD Support Group". (Obsessive Clay Disorder)

I am shy, so I walk slowly into the room and find a seat in the back. The meeting begins and there is a room full of claymaniacs. It is very quiet. I raise my hand very slowly. Pamela notices and asks, " Do you have something to share?" My knees are shaking, but I am able to finally get the words out.
"Hi. My name is Woodstock. And I suffer from OCD." The room erupts with applause. I hear so many things around me..."Welcome, Woodstock, what a great step to admit that!" "I do, too..." "We're all with you..."
And I know immediately that I have come to the right place.

We all talk about it, and joke about it, but this can be a serious subject,too. I love Clay, but quite honestly, I have worried about why I spend SO much time listening to him, downloading everything..talking about him on-line , taping EVERY TV show . And more than anything, simply thinking about him night and day. He enters my thoughts in the middle of just about everything! What is going on???
I am a 50-year-old (yikes) wife and mother of three children aged 18, 21 and 23. I have a career and am involved in many things. Then somehow, Clay has entered the picture and I fear he has taken over more of my life than I care to admit.

I realized awhile back that I suffered from OCD. But it was hard to admit to anyone. My 18-year-old son kept telling me that I was obsessed, and after awhile, I began to think he was right. And I spent night and day wondering what was wrong with me. Why are my thoughts going to Clay in the middle of a a school lesson or a church sermon? Why can't I wait to get home and turn on a Clay CD or check out claymaniacs.com to get new info on Clay? If Clay was going to be on a TV station that I didn't get, I HAD to find someone to tape it for me. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind. REALLY!!!

Then I found claymaniacs. It has been wonderful for me to talk to you. The more I got to know you guys, the more I was able to let it all hang out. And what did I learn? I'm NOT the only one. There is something about this guy that grabs you and wraps around your heart, and you're hooked. You are NOT going crazy, I have come to learn after talking to so many of you. I get pms and e-mails from people after I have posted something I couldn't admit anywhere else, and I realize I'm not alone! And it has been a great comfort to me. It took a little while, but I now know that I'm OK. And I feel much better. Now, I am enjoying Clay SO MUCH MORE, because I am not worrying about myself.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I am not over my OCD! I still think about Clay all the time (24/7?) and listen to him sing(OMG) constantly, and download, and chat about him. But I no longer worry that there is something wrong with me. I know I am not alone. There is something so very special about this man. He is the whole package. Because I was able to feel better after admitting things to you guys here, I decided that this is a thread that is needed here. Here is your place to vent. Admit your feelings, or confess something that you have thought or done. It is our hope that by doing that, you will find out that it's OK and you will stop worrying about yourself, and now be able to enjoy Clay even more. I hope this is a place everyone can come back to as needed.

Rules, rules, rules.... Everyone must promise to be kind, respectful, non-judgemental, and supportive. (Easy for claymaniacs.) Again, this is your place to get something off your chest, or just admit your OCD and accept it. So, let the discussions begin!
Just for fun, if you join in the conversation, you then become an official charter member of the OCD Support Group, and can add that to your signature if you wish. I look forward to each and every one of your posts.
Woodstock  
P.S. Please feel free to pm me.

That is the beginning of the OCD thread.  We have grown, changed, and evolved.  Tonite I want to tell you how we got started.  Please see the next post.
Woodstock :D  :D

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 10:00:08 PM »

Hello, everyone!!!

I want to tell all my OCD friends how and why the OCD Support Group got started.  I have never told you before, because my "partner-in-crime" wanted to stay in the background, and I respected that.  Now we are going on to Session 3, and I asked if I could publicly give her credit for her help starting this thread, and she shyly agreed.

Here is the story, nothing spectacular. Actually, it may never have happened.  But a series of circumstances brought about this thread.

When I was still very new at claymaniacs, I posted wherever seemed interesting to me, and a lot at BLPT, because at the time it was the only organized "group" besides the Jrs, and I am not a Jr.  It took awhile, but I figured out how to make an avatar, and then how to add a signature.  By then, I knew I had OCD big time, so I came up with the signature "Charter Member of OCD Support Group".  I don't know why, I just thought, every other "affliction" has a support group, why not OCD???  Actually, I thought it was funny.  And I am not a funny person like others I know, so I thought it was "cute".   Well, my partner in crime (herein to be known as PIC) noticed my signature and sent me a pm.  She wanted to know if I was a member of an OCD support group, and I told her it was just a joke.  But the discussion continued.  We both believed that many people really did suffer from OCD, and it was an issue that was difficult for many to deal with.  We decided that a place was needed to post and discuss those concerns.  I knew I had OCD, so I was all for finding others to discuss this with.  At that time, of course, I was still really worried about myself; I thought I had lost it.  So if there were others out there who felt like I did, then I wanted to find them and discuss this with them.  My PIC agreed.  She knew that many people had real issues with this, and thought this is something worth discussing, but she did not want to be the one to do it.  So, as she tells me, I took the ball and ran with it.  And that I did, because I was desperate to find others like me.  

I worked and worked on that first post.  I didn't just sit down and write.  I am not wordsmith.  There were so many ideas.  Many of them were on the humorous side, others more serious.  My PIC and I pm-ed back and forth as I wrote and re-wrote that first post.  I was still nervous, but we finally came up with the first post that we both agreed explained the purpose very well.   And it will continue as long as I am part of this thread, because it took so much of me to get it all together.  I was still new to claymaniacs, and wondered if it would be accepted.  Well, we are now going into Session 3, and it is much more than I ever would have dreamed.  I was just looking for someone to talk to about my OCD, and I got a whole family of friends, as you did as well.

The reason I am writing this, is because I have always wanted to give my PIC credit for her help with this, but she chose to stay in the background.  Today I talked her into getting credit where credit is due, so I hope you will all thank my friend for being my partner-in-crime in getting this great thread going, because it has become so important to all of us.  If she did not back me and give me her approval of my first post, I would never have hit the "submit" button.  But the rest is history.

My "partner-in-crime" is none other than our wonderful PAMELA.  So, as we start Session 3 of OCD Support Group, please take time to pm or publicly thank Pamela for her part.  She will say she did nothing.  But without her approval, I would never have had the nerve to make that first post.  
THANK YOU, PAMELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are a true friend to everyone at claymaniacs.  I will never forget what you did to help me with this.
Woodstock  :D  :D  :D

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 10:03:23 PM »

Thanks Pamela...hey its working...hope this goes through

Woodstock- I dont know if you saw my other post but I didn't get your PM.

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
outthereforclay
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 10:08:47 PM »

My "partner-in-crime" is none other than our wonderful PAMELA

WHY does this not surprise me? Laughing:  Laughing:  Oh, the places we could go, my friends! 8)  It boggles the mind just how many of us consider Pamela our very own PIC... Twisted:

You know, in a way, she's like Clay....she makes each one of us feel special and somehow unique and deserving of individual attention...we feeled like we've been "Pamela-ed" when she befriends us, just like we feel after we've been Clayed...

Well, wait a minute now. shock: ..I'm obviously still jet lagged, here....I love you, Pamela, you know that, but in no way does being your friend feel the same as getting Clayed... 8)

sorry...nope...never happen...huh uh...when pigs fly Laughing: ...when I wear a bikini shock: ...when...well, you get the idea...

MWAH!! Wink:
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 10:20:45 PM »

THANk you Woodstock and of course our wonderful Pamela, I for one do not know what I would do without this group of funny ,crazy, wonderful people.WE are here for each other in the good times and bad ,we can laugh  and cry, and carry on like a bunch of OCD happy people without anyone making us feel like we are losing our ever lovin minds,I have so much fun and then I worry when someone is not here for a day or two.I have had many friends in my life but never have I met such a extraordinary group of Gals and our OWN AC makes me Proud to call myself a CLAY MANIAC,and to think it is all do due to CLAYTON HOLMES AIKEN,if he only knew how much he means to all of us on hear I am sure he would be brought to tears.THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME,GLORY(NOTE) OFFICIAL OCD CRIMINAL<LOL :roll:  :roll:  Wink:  :P  Laughing:  8)  :roll:

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 10:24:28 PM »

We went on to Session 2, and we moved into a nicer room.  We are of  modest means, but our place is comfortable.  Now as we start Session 3, it became evident that we needed some updates.  Not too many changes, just a few updates.  So here we go with our glimpse at the start of Session 2, and the changes for Session 3.

WELCOME IN!!!!!
Welcome to our new meeting room. I was able to rent out the 2nd floor of an older building, but it is in a very nice neighborhood and there is public transportation nearby. (2nd floor because Clay was #2). There is an elevator.

The decorator was able to come in on very short notice. It is modest, but very comfortable. I will find someone to donate the metal chairs to.

All couches and chairs are purple and green vertical stripes (like Clay's shirts), and are very plush with purple passion pillows. There are a few reclining chairs for those of us while we are ailing. In fact, I hired a part-time nurse to check us out. Purple plush carpeting is wall -to-wall. There are cup holders in every chair and couch.
Grammaof6 asked about the bathrooms last time.  They are tidy, gramma, but not modern, since we are in an older building.  You have to turn the faucet on yourself.  No automatic turn on stuff.  If we have plumbing problems, lorraine will arrange for the plumber to come in, but we will not leave her alone in the bathroom with him. She has a history with plumbers.

There are personal CD players complete with various Clay CDs, but these are in the back of the room and made to be used for an emergency Clay fix. You MUST pay attention during the meetings. But because of good behavior, we will now start to pipe in Clay music in the background.  jj is in charge of piped in music, since she has on the job experience.  
We are going to begin dinner meetings a few times a week. We have a state of the art kitchen with all the latest equipment. Pepe is our head chef, with jj and Sasha the assistants. Her and Bocaqueen are the dessert chefs, but they are taking a temporary leave of absence, since they are busy working on the Claymaniacs social event of the year.  They will fill in when needed.  cl4clay has taken over as dessert chef. We have purchased a few new items for the kitchen, as her baking is gourmet caliber.    Claymaniac2000 is in charge of inspecting all menus in case Clay shows up.
Philly is in charge of carry-outs when the cooks are so THUDed out that they cannot fulfill their duties.  She knows where to get the best food for the OCD group.

A blendar is in the kitchen for ANGELA to make mudslides and Boca margaritas. We have a small wine closet and lorraine is in charge of inventory. There is a wine bottle holder on the table in front of her chair.

Off to the side is one small padded room when thudding becomes uncontrollable. We have added an annex, because the THUD room was overcrowded from time to time.  When going to the THUD room, please go all the way back to the annex, or as far back as you can go to allow access for others.  We don't want anyone near the door, as you may get hit in the face by a claymaniac who is over the edge rushing in.  Additional padding has been ordered, but we can only afford to do this once a session, so please try to control yourselves.  You are allowed 10 minutes to get yourself under control. Prissy will play her violin to help calm you. And to avoid confusion when looking for the THUD room, Dudley has provided a picture for the THUD room door.

There is a small corner office for wordsmith so she can keep better hours and still make it to meetings before everyone has gone home.  wordsmith, you are in charge of this room. I have updated your computer a little, at minimal expense, since you are now doing weekly updates, and need that computer to move along a little quicker.  There are extra desks for all our other writers: Her, Shannon, and Scooter, and now Prissy, Bocaqueen, Monica, and  AC and anyone else who wishes to use a desk to write.  I found one used desk at a used furniture store to add to our room for our new writers and students.   Shannon, Kimmy, Monica, and Scooter may study there also.
One wall of the office houses a small library with all publications Clay has been in. tessie is in charge of keeping that up to date.
There are 2 computers for ILClaymate and houston for making avatars and other such duties. They are are now offering after-meeting seminars.  Avatars and Picture Posting 101.  Houston will also stay after for Computer Terms for Dummies to explain such things as screen caps for those that are not in "the know" (such as Woodstock).  In addition, Prissy and Monica will help with adding color to your posts.
Two large bulletin boards have been added to the back wall.  They are for Pamela, Claymaniac2000, and Dudley posting new articles; AC for posting up to the minute chart reports, and lorraine keeping us up to date on how and what to vote for.  

On either side of the podium are tables with vases of various yellow flowers. And there stands a purple piggy bank for paying up your 25 cent fines for using th "s" word. ANGELA broke the bank in the other session with all the quarters, so tessie was kind enough to buy us a new one.

Ain't it cute? I am putting Linda in charge of taking attendance, and collecting fines.  She is good at keeping track of everyone, and catching those that have broken rule #5.

There is a small drawer of art supplies so Jan can do court sketches of Glory and any other criminals here. I have added numerous sketching pencils, as the number of criminals has grown tremendously, and that's just ADMITTED criminals.  Lord only knows. I won't mention names.  You and most of the rest of us know who you are.  As our dear Jan is temporarily MIA, if there is anyone who could take over her duties, that would be great.  I cannot do it as you would all look like stick people.  But that would be good for you!  They would never recognize you! You could get away with anything!!!!!

Glory is in charge of straightening us out if we should come in with our clothes on backward or any such thing because our mind was so full of Clay, we couldn't do the simple things.
CLAY'SJULIE and Glory will start our meetings off with a little humor.  We all need to loosen up, at times, and they know how to do that for us.
I know this may cause a little controversy, with today's happenings, but I insist on adding a very small chapel off to the side, with just one bench.  It is only for those that care to go there.  No one will be shoved in from behind.  But we have had a lot of hardships, and many have wished to pray for others.  So we now have an ecumenical chapel when the spirit moves you. I think Clay would think it was appropriate.  
We must address the summer concerts, as it is affecting all of us.  If you still don't have tickets, grammaof6 will be glad to check out venues for this.  She is an expert, and can help you with knowing the best way to get tickets, also.  She will put on her gramma wings and hover over any place for you,  and pick out the best seats.  But you will have to pay for your own tickets.  (But only in the cyber world.)
JoeDresser will come to see us, courtesy of Philly, but only at the first meeting, so don't be late.  He will help Glory and all of us know the right apparel to wear to concerts so Clay doesn't have to hand us a t-shirt to put on.  (How embarassing.)  Bozena and Flaky are in charge of finding the coolest Clay t-shirts, etc, for us to wear.  Bozena, Flaky, Her, and Bocaqueen may already have the coolest t-shirts, but they will keep trying for us!

I will repeat the rules, because we now have 6!!!   At the request of Bocaqueen, we are adding #6:
YOU MUST BE: 1. kind 2. respectful 3. non-judgemental 4. supportive
AND 5. YOU MUST NEVER SAY THE "s" word. (sorry). No need to apologize for thoughts and feelings. 6. No dieting when at OCD meetings.  Period.

And our OCD pact: No hard feelings if someone doesn't mention you in their post. We are getting far too big for that to ever be a reality again, but we are blessed by many new friends.

Now, ILClaymate, houston, tessie, Philly, Sasha, Thea, Dudley, Jan, Monica, AC, Moonshot, and even Woodstock,  and all our other picture posters, I trust you will decorate our green walls. Since our picture collection is now so huge, we will have others help you file them away as they are rotated.  ANGELA will be in charge of the long leg pictures, Her in charge of the freckle pictures, and Woodstock in charge of the tongue pictures.  Dudley is in charge of the rest, and can assign duties as needed.
We are a happy group here.  And we intend to keep it that way.  Every now and then someone pms with me a concern, idea, or observation.  I appreciate and take to heart each and every pm.  I feel we are all equal in this thread, equal partners, but because I started this thread some people come to me, and I am happy to help if I can.  Recently, someone came to me asking me to remind everyone that we are a PG thread, we are "family friendly", as Clay would see it, and we do welcome in friends of all ages.  If the spirit moves you, and you feel your comments may not be within PG, claymaniacs does have a place for this, and it is the Black Leather Pants thread in Got Clay.  Sundancer will be our official escort over there, if she will, as is needed.  It is OK! We all need to go there from time to time.  Philly would escort you also, but that girl already has so many responsibilities, we don't want her to overdo it!  We can't afford to lose her from exhaustion. Thank you for understanding this.  I do not think we have crossed the line, in my opinion, but it does not hurt to bring this subject up as one of concern to some OCDers.

So, WELCOME one and all to Session 3 of the OCD Support Group. I hope you like our new home away from home. Please feel free to add on.

Spikee, Kendall, CarolG, lorilovesgolf, Claymore, InvisibleTouch, STEPHANIE1130, Shaikeninseattle, HavinaClayAffair, claydevotee, clayaikenwow, achin'4Aiken, and anyone else new I missed,  please come in, sit down, and find your place in our little home and please let us know what little job you would like to do. If you are very shy, you may sit back and observe. But I hope you will just jump in! Outthereforclay, we know you are not shy, and we are happy when you are able to jump in.

My sincere apologies if I left anyone out. Please let me know!

Now, the room is officially open. Pamela is passing out keys. Please stop by and get yours if you didn't get yours in Session 2 and check in so we know we have everyone.

Love you all!!!! Thanks for hanging around so much that we had to start Session 3. May the session begin!
Woodstock :D  :D  :D

Her put together a very nice summary of what the OCD thread means to many of us.  She will be posting it in the morning.  She really did a good job with this.  Thank you, my friend, Jayne!

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 10:40:14 PM »

DID I mention this is so funny you all make me laugh so hard sometimes i just roar. YOU just have got to have a sense of humor to live in our house. GLORY(NOTE) :roll:  :P  Laughing:

tessie
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 11:32:28 PM »

I know that Woodstock posted the link, but here is the piggy just waiting to hold quarters, so be sure to talk nicely

tessie
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 11:40:11 PM »

wordsmith1223
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 01:11:19 AM »

Wow! Wow! Wow!
The place is great, the company is even better!

Thank you so much, Woodstock and Pamela -- look at what Clay and being a fan has done. It's really quite remarkable what has been achieved during the past three months.

I can't wait to see what everyone does with our home away from home. Can we come here and relax or what?

I can't wait to read Her's post. She is one big smile, in my opinion. In fact, I can't wait to read everybody's. I treasure the people here, and enjoy checking in daily to see what's going on. Everyone here is special and unique, and has wonderful things to contribute. I may be a professional writer, but so many people here have a gift for expressing themselves that they could trade places with me any day. I'm serious.

Because everyone's writing comes straight from the heart. It's pure and passionate, just like Clay. It's written with the best of intentions.

We come from all across the country, and are as diverse as Americans can be. I think there may be a Canadian or two as well. And I count you among some of the best people I ever "met," and trust me, in my line of work, I've met thousands of people.

If someone would have told me a year ago that this fan site would take up a considerable portion of time, I would have been in disbelief. But now, it's as natural as waking up in the morning. (OK, maybe on weekends, the afternoon - I am the night owl with a day job!)

Just as my admiration for Clay has grown throughout the past year and a half, so has my admiration for this fan base. What is so great about it is the fact that we can be REAL. There are no airs here, no "one-upmanship" in that no one is trying to be Clay's number one fan more than anyone else. We can express ourselves because there's a level of trust, respect and just plain old-fashioned "love."

We all share a deep affection for all that is Clay. Every day, we learn something about him that makes us just love him more. Now, that doesn't mean that all of us think he's perfect, but we are inspired by his music, the way he lives his life, the way he treats his fans, the way he tries to deal with this whole insane fame game.

So we come here to celebrate his appearances, his songs, his career achievements and his remarkable beauty. I swear, in every photo that's posted, he looks so different. That joy is just impossible to contain.

But we also come to share our lives, because everyone here is a sympathetic ear. I can't believe how open I've been in this forum -- like a good interview, you forget the tape is recording or the camera is on -- and you just let it all out. Many of us have shared our deepest, darkest thoughts and experiences. And felt the warm embrace of everyone here, all those cyber-hugs and group hugs!!!

And it has given us a bond that is very tight. We pray, we worry, we laugh, we cry --- we come to check on our friends.

I know our families and friends don't get it at all. But you know what, who cares? Because these cyber-friendships are as real and as warm as friendships built at work, at church, at kids' sports and in neighborhoods. Some of us have met in real life, some of us will meet within the next few months. It's no longer faceless people. So we are making a real connection.

Once, I likened us to a cyber-dormitory where we have these fun slumber parties. I still feel like that. Maybe even that we are a community.

We are a true, living, ever evolving community.

And I appreciate all the time you've given me. You've allowed me to have an outlet for lengthy pieces, you've put up with me blabbering about all sorts of things, you've allowed me to share tales of my daily life and work, and most of all, you've supported my efforts to try some different things. You are so kind to give encouragement in PMs and posts.

I will get back to the Clay Play 2. I want to make it special. Life's just been time-consuming! And I will continue the Recaps as long as I can. If I get into a bind, I trust that I can count on some help. I'll be on vacation in August.

I thank you for allowing me to post this. I thank you for welcoming me. I thank you for thinking I'm an OK person, not strange or over-the-top. Believe me, I don't have it all together. I struggle like everybody else with all sorts of daily foibles. Sometimes, I felt like I had gone off the deep end, but then you talk to someone here, and it's OK.

I can come here, after a hard day, and feel normal, even feel special because of the warmth, care and concern here. A few weeks ago, the workplace was just awful, nearly the worst it ever had been. One of the longtime employees -- who professed to be a friend and one of my biggest fans -- decided to stir up trouble, questioning some of my decisions made during a couple 15-hour production days when we had a couple people quit and one walk out. He had gone "behind my back" to the owner, who is in a different city. It created a very bad work environment. Other staffers were shocked, saddened, and didn't know what to do. Everyone was upset because the boss only listened to one side before a public meeting where I was made the scapegoat. I have always taken responsibility for my mistakes and actions -- that's what being a grown-up is all about. But it was rough. Very rough. In spring '03, I took over an operation that was in horrible disarray -- too long of story to go into -- and turned it around in a year (more subscribers, more ads, more compliments, more respect) and we have intense competition, too. I did it by working, working, working, and with a really good staff. We had budget cuts and slashed staff, so it meant less people were working more. I always push for team effort but everyone was really getting testy. And I'm kind of tired of these horrible hours. So I'm pretty cranky.

However, Clay's music to and from work helped so much. But more importantly, knowing I could come to my Claymaniacs family, helped get me through. You helped soothe my soul. You appreciated my worth.
That meant so much. (Believe me, I'm not perfect, and like everyone have my faults, but they're less apparent here somehow!)

TO make a long story short, the work situation turned around because everyone rallied around, pulled together, and we are now again one big happy family. The gentleman who pushed too hard apologized, and things got back on track. He felt so bad he did all sorts of nice things for me, said nice things, etc. We have moved on....

But I know my prayers and my haven here from my stress-filled world made a huge difference.

Everyone has different stories to tell. And many are experiencing real difficulties. And I'll be there for you. You can count on me.

I know I go on and on sometimes. And I do want to cut my posts into shorter ones so I can built up my numbers! I want to reach 1,000 and be Clay's Scribe.

And because of you all, we'll have a place to go and feel comfortable.
It's a sunny, warm, happy place, where being Clayed and Thudding and sharing cellcerts are just a blast.

And it's because of all of you, my friends: Woodstock, Her, Bocaqueen, Janet, Linda, Lorraine, Glory, JJ, Clay's Julie, Pepe, Prissy, Tessie, Jan, ILClaymate, Angela, Sasha, Philly, ACCountryFan, Kendall, Cl4Clay, HoustonClayFan, Shannon, Kimmy, Dudley, Monica, and new friends Scooter, OutthereforClay, Invisible Touch, Sundancer, Bozena, Flaky, Shaiken, Gramma, LoriLovesGolf, CarolG., Mama Dev, HavingaClayAffair, Deanna, Moonshot, LiftMeUp, Spikee, Stephanie, and last but not least, Pamela. And if by chance, I forgot anyone, I won't say the "S" word but you know I love ya.

And Woodstock, I don't mean to upstage Her's piece. I'm sure it's wonderful, and please put it above mine.

I just had this urge, on my way to bed -- yes, forever sleep-deprived, but happy -- to tell you what you mean to me. Like so many of you, most of my life was consumed by my kids, work, and my inner circle of close friends and family. I still have time for all of that, but I've made time for you all. And it's been such a treat to have my life enriched by knowing you.

Pamela is a true guiding light. Woodstock is our group leader. And all of you are true-blue salt-of-the-earth terrific people.

Plus that Clay fella's kind of a cutie-pie with the voice of an angel, ain't he?

YOU LIFT ME UP!
Much love,
Lynn
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 02:09:48 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,
GREAT DIRECTIONS WOODSTOCK  I WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND THE PLACE IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOUR VERY DETAILED DIRECTIONS.

CAN I USE THE WORD APOLOGIZE---WELL I AM (I SEE OUR PIGGY BANK THAT TESSIE GAVE US IS HERE SO I WILL DROP MY FINE IN)
I APOLOGIZE I AM IN A BIG RUSH TO GET TO WORK TODAY & DID NOT HAVE TIME TO READ ANY OF  SESSION 3.  
BUT I WANT TO, & I WILL SOMETIME BEFORE THE DAY ENDS.

AC I WANTED TO CONGRATULATE YOU AGAIN ON A 1000 ALWAYS INTERESTING & INFORMATIVE POSTS

WELL EVERY ONE HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

HUGS,
Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 03:15:43 AM »

Wow!  Key to NUMBER THREE!  I remember joining Woodstock hundreds of posts ago...Time does fly!!!!  Thank you ever so much PAMELA and WOODSTOCK and all of my loving, smart, talented, funny fellow OCDers!!!!:

We’ve grown to be so big…one big, happy, caring family.  Woodstock had asked for a description of our OCD Meetings—I’m going beyond the furnishings, rooms and décor and I thought a few comments of late from our fellow OCDers that to me, really explains who/what we are all about is most appropriate:

………. I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW I read all your post & drool over all those thud worthy pics. I REALLY THINK EVERYONE HERE ON THE OCD ARE FIRST CLASS GOOD PEOPLE & I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS GROUP  
Angela

OCD comes in lots of shapes and sizes, focuses and intensities. But I think all of us here can find it has hit their lives, or we wouldn't be here. By sharing it here, we turn it into a good thing. I think it is a very good thing, and I am glad I am afflicted!!!
Woodstock

I HAVE COME TO DEPEND ON THIS OCD THREAD ON A DAILY BASIS AND FEEL LIKE A LITTLE LOST PUPPY SOMETHING LIKE RALEIGH WHEN CLAY GOES ON TOUR AND DOES NOT TAKE HIM.
Lorraine

never had a clue what this thread was about originally. i read the introduction on the first page in session one and i didn't see myself having OCD in the traditional sense so i never posted anything.

But i think a ton of people, men/women/boys/girls who call themselves fans of Clay's have some form of OCD whether they admit it or even know it yet. A person who might be curious as to whether they have it or not should ask themselves "do i get an empty feeling if i don't know what he's up to or how well his tour or his music is doing?". "I'm probably the only ClayFan in the world who doesn't have the magazine everyone is talking about?!?!".

You have OCD if you answered yes to any of those questions.

Another important question for some is: "When i leave a Clay concert, do i wake up the next morning depressed that the experience is over and ordinary life seems to dull and ordinary???"

This describes a Clayng-Over or a Clay-Over, whichever way you describe the condition is up to the individual...and of course, having that feeling is a part of OCD.
AC

Now onto the decorating, I leave that to:

PHILLY, SASHA, ILCLAYMATE, DUDLEY, TESSIE and WOODSTOCK!!!!  Calling all picture hangers….services needed immediately in the OCD Meeting Room!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 04:08:50 AM »

Quote from: Her
But i think a ton of people, men/women/boys/girls who call themselves fans of Clay's have some form of OCD whether they admit it or even know it yet. A person who might be curious as to whether they have it or not should ask themselves "do i get an empty feeling if i don't know what he's up to or how well his tour or his music is doing?". "I'm probably the only ClayFan in the world who doesn't have the magazine everyone is talking about?!?!".

You have OCD if you answered yes to any of those questions.

Another important question for some is: "When i leave a Clay concert, do i wake up the next morning depressed that the experience is over and ordinary life seems to dull and ordinary???"

This describes a Clayng-Over or a Clay-Over, whichever way you describe the condition is up to the individual...and of course, having that feeling is a part of OCD

===================
i forget what page in session 2 i wrote that but for me it's a big sign of a person having OCD.

i caught up on the last 3 pages on session 2 and as you can see i've made my way here. i went to sleep last night an hour after the cell-cert and woke up at 5:30 and so it appears i'm up for the day!! hopefully i'll be at the cell-cert {if there's one tonight} from start to finish without interruption this time!!

a big Hee-Haw
SA-LOOT and thanks goes out to Woodstock, Pamela, Wordsmith, ANGELA, Claymaniac2000, HER, ILClaymate, clayMaine-iac, houstonclayfan, and a whole host of others who don't care that i'm a guy...i try not to emphasize it that much but it shouldn't matter.  
i picked the name "Number Cruncher" when i reached 1000 on Pamela's suggestion. it didn't make me sound like a "chart expert" and that's why i picked that Number Cruncher title instead of several others. i'm heading over to the News Network and see what's going on and if there's any reviews about last night's show

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 04:14:08 AM »

PARTY!!!!!  AC turned 1000

BLOWING HORNS AND THROWING CONFETTI FOR CLAY'S OFFICIAL NUMBER CRUNCHER!!!!

I like the title AC and I'm sure I'm not the only one who says, it's great to add the flavor of a male's opinion on our site.  We appreciate you being a part of the OCDer's! :D

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

OCD
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 04:31:13 AM »

Hi, Everybody,

WOW!  We've moved again!  We are a "chatty" bunch!  

Congratulations to AC on hitting "1000" posts.  I like Number Cruncher!

Hubby will take the laptop with him today, so I won't be on site until later. Cry!:  I'm being "Grandma" today, so I"ll be busy anyway! Laughing:

Have a great day!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 04:45:29 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.  WoW I can't believe how big we have grown.  

When I first came on this thread I wasn't sure if I would feel comfortable releasing my feelings to people who I really didn't know.  Well let me tell you it didn't take long to realize that I am in the best of company and know that I am really normal with the feelings that I have for Clay.  I LITERALLY THOUGHT I WAS LOSING IT.  But no longer.  I am right at home and I intend to stay here for a long long time.  I also have come to ACCEPT that there is no cure.  I guess the important thing is the acceptance.  Another thing I realize is that I DEPEND on this thread on a daily basis and that is a good thing.

Well I do have to go but wanted to tell everyone have a great CLAYDAY and look forward to talking to you later.  Hopefully sooner than later.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.  A LIFE SAVER!!!

HUGS
Lorraine
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 05:00:35 AM »

my grandfather called the house last night when i was asleep and told my parents that they finally :!: found what has been wrong with my truck...or so they think...the fuel pump. i had thought it would've been the fuel filter or the fuel pump. so, now me and my grandfather have to shell out $60.00 {thirty a piece} for the truck to get repaired...with no guarantee that's what the main problem is in the first place.

luckily i've been driving one of their cars in the meantime. i think i wrote about this in session 2 but the Collegiate Standard magazine finally arrived!! they sent me two copies.

in case there's anyone who likes junk food, the Wal*Mart around here has started carrying two new brands of Pringles: "Cheesy Fries" and "White Cheddar". they're low-fat though.

i came back from the ANN for today and there was a little advice column posted about Clay's concerts up in the Syracuse area by a guy named Scott Rockefeller. of course, we won't follow the advice he gives out but it's over there for all eyes to see and comment on. there hasn't been a review posted of the RUPP show last night...i'm waiting to see how awful it's gonna be!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 05:19:36 AM »

AC - I HOPE YOU CAN FINALLY GET THAT TRUCK FIXED.  A FUEL PUMP SHOULDN'T BE ALL THAT BAD.  I GUESS FANTASIA IS NUMBER 1 AGAIN OR WAS I READING THAT WRONG.  I GET SO CONFUSED WITH THOSE CHARTS.  I GUESS IT IS TOO EARLY FOR NUMBERS.  I KNOW I AM BEING A PAIN.  JUST TRYING TO KEEP UP.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL HAVE MY INTERNET.

THE PICTURES FROM LAST NIGHT ARE GREAT.  CLAY SURE HAS A WAY WITH THE LADIES.  YOUNG AND OLD.

HUGS
LORRAINE
ILClaymate
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 05:57:56 AM »

Good morning everyone!  Wow, another session!!  How exciting!  I haven't had a chance to read the beginnings of session 3 since I'm getting ready to start work in a few.  But I am looking forward to reading all of it.  You all are such great writers, much more than I am or could ever be!!!  It's amazing all the great talent we have here!

I was able to see the first couple posts about PIC!  Pamela (aka PIC) thanks for everything and for helping get our wonderful group together!!  I think I would be lost without this group!

Hope you all have a wonderful Clayday today!
{{CLAYHUGS}}
Glory
Enthusiastic

hi
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 06:06:52 AM »

YOU guys know that old saying EARLY TO BED EARLY TO RISE MAKES A MAN HEALTHY <WEALTHY AND WISE<well it is a lie I went to bed early and did not wake up any healthier, wealthier,or wiser,LOL.
  THANK you for putting up with my silliness I have been this way all of my life,  :roll: my kids do not appreciate there mothers sense of humor,my kids friend they call and laugh with me. You all do I think LOL.I wish I knew how to do pictures I have enough trouble doing a avie as HOUSTON and ILCLAYMATE will attest to i can just imagine them helping me post pictures,LOL. WELL you know how I feel about you I said it last night,I think I am correct in saying we all feel the same way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now onto CLay I really enjoyed last night,I was upset cause he was 3 hrs away,but I was there in spirit,and I gained another TITLE KEEPER OF THE JAILHOUSE KEYS,THANS TO PAMELA,I did not think she knew about my CRIMINAL BACKGROUND ,I guess we cannot slip anything by her. I

remember when I first got on this site,I SCREWED UP BIGTIME GETTING REGISTERED(can you beleive it)she had the patience of JOB with me,I WANT TO THANK HER TO, WELL life is calling me and my little lady needs me,I cannot wait for each new day with her.something different.IT has been a while sinnce I wrote a story,I will think about one while I am at work today,all these concerts and pictures of OMC has me a bit TRAMATIZED<LOLGLORY(NOTE) :roll:  :P  Laughing:

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 97 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx