gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:01:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: eRUPPtion AT THE RUPP!  (Read 33648 times)
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2004, 08:18:45 PM »

Night all....  see ya tomorrow. :D
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2004, 08:19:29 PM »

Sorry, Pamela, no dramamine (what is it???) here, but luckily some eyedrops I really need even after scrolling down very fast.
Two occurrences of said jacket are 2 too many!!

I hope I'm not offending anyone - just having fun. I'm under Clay's spell so I'll probably end up liking the jacket...

G-d forbid

Good night, everyone, and thank you all for another wonderful cellcert!
Already looking forward to the next one!
Love you,
Clara
ILClaymate
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2004, 08:20:23 PM »

Thanks to everyone for a great cellcert tonight!  I had a good time!  Thank you Pamela, Dudley and Tiff for all your work!
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2004, 08:20:56 PM »

Just a bit of history on the Carolina shag:

http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kpl5/Shag_rap.html

Goodnight to luvmyclay, Bozena, lorraine, and all who are going to bed!

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2004, 08:25:14 PM »

Tiff... thanks for the link. :D
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2004, 08:26:31 PM »

GOOD NIGHT
TILL TOMORROW

TOMORROW
I'LL HAVE TO RESEARCH ABOUT THIS CAROLINE SHUGGING...

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2004, 08:28:33 PM »

ACCORDING TO AUSTIN POWERS, SHAGGING IS "DOING THE NASTY"

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2004, 08:32:11 PM »

Dramamine is the drug that you take if you are sea sick.  It helps with dizziness  Wink:

To like the jacket or To not like the jacket.  That is the question.
tessie
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2004, 08:35:29 PM »

Thank you Pamela, Dudley and Tiff.  Once again it was fun to share the Clay concert with friends.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2004, 08:36:29 PM »

I MISSED THE WHOLE CELLCERT, BECAUSE I PROMISED TO WATCH A MOVIE WITH MY SON-ITS THE LEAST I COULD DO BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO A CLAY CONCERT WITH ME.
BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE AN EXCEPTIONAL SHOW! THANKS FOR SHARING ALL OF YOU.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2004, 08:56:27 PM »

I too missed it......I fell asleep..... :( Anyhwo,sounded like an amazing night,thanks for all the posts!
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2004, 05:30:11 AM »

I hope everyone understands that my remark last night about people dissing Clay's jacket was made kind of "tongue in cheek". Everybody has a right to their own opinion. However I do like the jacket, but of course I am so far gone that it don't make any difference to me what he wears. I still think he is beautiful!
Janet
Claymaniac2000

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2004, 06:44:02 AM »

FROM THE CLAYBOARD:
AWESOME doesn't begin to describe Clay tonight. He was funny, giddy, gorgeous, and playful. His voice was just....
mere words aren't enough. One minute I was laughing at his antics the next holding my breath thru Run To Me. You Were There, so beautiful. He sang it with such emotion. The way he held his arms bent and hands in front of him like he was praying, and singing each line straight to Our Lord. I thought at that moment how he can interpret a song like no other singer I've seen. For example Cherie had a good voice but everything she sang sounded the same. I thought she should take lessons from Clay while she can.
His rapport with Angela, Quinna, and Jacob was so special for the JT part. His voice had a different sound and it was magical.
STILL THE ONE!!!!!! OMG I couldn't believe he was singing it. I don't know how many times I've watched the videos of him doing that song. So needless to say I felt privileged to actually hear it live. WOW did he rock on that one. Dancing and moving that Oh SO gorgeous fanny of his.
I just love him with a little meat on his bones.

What else, the crowd was about 3/4 full. The top was curtained off. But boy were we loud and giving Clay the Love he deserved. PD - FANTISTIC. Invisible was loud and roddy. Shirt tugs combined with deep knee bends were lethal.
Love affair with the Mic was strong during Solitaire.

His interaction with the fans is so real. He LOVES his fans.
Clay knows what it takes to get us stirred up.
He comes prepared to kill us with his outstanding voice and stage presence.

They went bus-lurking hoping to get a glimpse of Clay as he was leaving the venue. As it turned out, Clay went up to the barricade (they thought it was maybe 50 feet long), and shook each person's hand and said something individually to each person, thanking each one for coming to the concert! Needless to say, they are thrilled!

Clay truly loves his fans and knows how to treat them so well. Never let it be said that he ignores his fans!!!!

As the bus was pulling away, Clay was in the front window, throwing kisses to everyone. Of course, everyone was throwing kisses back and he was catching them. I think the Lexington concert-goers are one happy group tonight!

BY GOLLIE HE DELIVERS 100%
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2004, 06:47:46 AM »

Lexington Recap

What a blast! Man, oh man. If they were all like that, I'd never survive.
Here's a brief recap of Mama Artquest's adventures in Clayland. A more complete recap may follow when I've had some rest.

Our seventh row seats were next to two lovely ladies from the Clay's Dream Believer board. (**waving to the lovely ladies**). While I was hunting down souvenirs, Mom was explaining to them that I was likely to get rowdy during the concert. Who knew that the rowdy person would be her!

I had told Mom that most folks would be standing throughout the concert. She was fine with that but planned on sitting. When Clay started looking for dancers, I suggested she might want to get up and dance. And she did. Clay had looked around from the front of the runway, went back to the stage, and then came back to the runway. He looked directly at Mom, got a twinkle in his eye, and pointed straight at her. Then he motioned off to the side to get someone to help her get on stage. I had to explain to her that that's where she was going. She was thrilled, and the next thing I know, she was gone. She said the nice man (Jerome) helped her to the stairs, and then several other folks helped her onto the stage. Clay came and took her hand while singing, danced around with her a little (she was worried that her cane would give out when he twirled her!) and gave her a hug.

Oh, sorry, two hugs. One before she got leid and one after. And Nanjeanne, your line "I think a gal should always get flowers after she gets laid," cracked her up.

When she got back to her seat, she was flying. Didn't sit down for the rest of the first act. Danced, clapped, waved her arms, and screamed in a genteel, lady-like way. Wheeeee! I had handed my camera to my brother because my hands were shaking too hard. He forgot to zoom in, but still managed to capture most of this on video. Yes, there is Mama Clack. I asked her about his beautiful eyes. She agreed, but said that he gives GREAT hugs. She also said, in response to the many people who asked after, that he smelled clean. Not like clean laundry but like he had just stepped out of the shower.
Alrighty, then.

At intermission, I ran back to the souvenir stands because they had finally found the programs. (Yes, ncgurrl and lala52, I have your programs.) Plus other cute stuff. When I got back to my seat, Mom asked me to help her write a thank you note to Clay. She said she wanted him to know how much she appreciated it. Besides, she said, well brought up ladies always write thank you notes. It said:

Quote:
Dear Clay,
Thank you for the dance and the hug. This concert is my 89th birthday present from my daughter. Thank you also for the lei.

I found a security person who promised to take it backstage, but you all know how often that actually happens. Then, just seconds before the second act begins, here's Jerome, tapping Mom on the shoulder and handing her a vase with beautiful white roses. He said it was a birthday present from Clay. I'm now in tears. Mom is thrilled and manages to stand up for almost the entire second half. A great time was had by all.

Now she wants a MOAM plus all the demo tracks I have. So does my sister-in-law.

Ahem. Clayversion complete
Shakin4Aiken
« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2004, 07:28:06 AM »

Thanks Dudley for sharing with us those recaps. That one from mama clack was just so sweet! How can you not love love love Clay!? Laughing:
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2004, 09:10:42 AM »

I spent last evening watching most ALL of my DVD's of Clays appearances. (Well, about half of them!) Feeling the OCD really bad with no concerts in the West.  Thanks for this thread. I just finished reading the whole thing and the story about the little ol' lady brought a tear to my eye. What a guy our guy is!!! Thanks everyone who helped with this thread!  :D

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #396 on: July 13, 2004, 10:09:29 AM »

now, if only the so-called critics would have a reaction like that everything would be beautiful. whenever a Lexington review gets posted from a "critic" i think i'll ask Pamela or clayMaine-iac to re-post one of those fan reviews here and show the major, major discrepancy between how Clay pleases the fans and how Clay doesn't please the critics.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
outthereforclay
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2004, 11:00:29 AM »

Then, just seconds before the second act begins, here's Jerome, tapping Mom on the shoulder and handing her a vase with beautiful white roses. He said it was a birthday present from Clay . I'm now in tears. Mom is thrilled and manages to stand up for almost the entire second half.

Now, THAT, my friends, is what I call a religious experience! He LIVES his faith. He IS.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx