gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:54:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 260
Total: 260

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SIOUX FALLS - WOW!!  (Read 61759 times)
outthereforclay
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2004, 01:25:53 PM »

PERFECT ENDING
Reflections on the Charlotte NAT Concert

Sometimes the ending of something can be perfect. Sometimes a slow, long, period of anticipation and longing is not rewarded with disappointment in the actualization of the dreams.  Sometimes even the subsequent conclusion doesn’t mean a feeling of emptiness or sadness.

I am limiting the review by focusing on this latest ending of the experience—the farewell concert of his NAT in Charlotte. Even though Clay Aiken actually ended his tour a couple of days later in Raleigh with an evening show more vocally perfect than the one in Charlotte, I’m going to consider my Charlotte experience at the perfect ending for me.

As a Clay Aiken fan I have become spoiled. I have come to relish the days, weeks and sometimes months of excitement that fuel my life before a Clay Aiken event. I could do without the angst of ticket frenzy, but even that I accept as a necessary part of the experience. As heinous as that whole ticketmaster, ticket broker, ticket selling and buying coliseum of gladiator encounters is, I can’t really complain too loudly. I’ve made new friends through such business exchanges! No, truly I have become spoiled because much of the past year of my life has been spent in that delicious tingling of anticipation before seeing Clay again.

I have seen Clay in concert when he has been sick and struggling to please, his beautiful neck corded and stretched to produce sounds his tired throat refused to allow. As an addict for those notes and the endorphins they produce in me, I cried ‘foul’ then, and I dared to feel unfamiliar things like resentment and disappointment. How COULD he? Not after all the time and money I spent to be there! Of course, the overall satisfaction, even of a less that stellar vocal performance by that man, is etched deeply and possessively in my heart and life. Because it was Clay.

I have seen him perform as Mr. Family Friendly and, believe it or not, oozing as much sexual power as Mr. Rogers, too. I was first shocked, then irritated as if I were someone who---looking forward to an evening of powerful and mindblowing sex after mouthwatering anticipation and daydreaming about how it would be---was met by her lover with “Sorry, dear. Not tonight. I have a headache.” Wha….?

The experience of the Clay Aiken some expect everywhere---that churning, humming, quivering aura of completeness---is also now permanently part of my being and I am grateful everyday for that. A concert experience where Clay is “on” completely is a true epiphany and it never leaves you once it marks a place in your soul.

Usually, endings and such experiences don’t coincide. But Clay is not usual. There is absolutely nothing usual or ordinary about this man.

This past weekend the joy and happiness---the satisfaction and love---the perfection that I have come to find from being a Clay Aiken fan surpassed any previous measure.  I am happy after this temporary “ending”. I am exhausted certainly, but even this post-frenzy stage of my encounter with him is enjoyable. And necessary. The relative quiet and calm now is providing nurturing soil for planting memories into my psyche that I will need in those future times when I can’t be there or when he’s not there. I am tired but happy.

Charlotte. If I could assemble all the Clay Aiken naysayers and cynics together to experience one Clay Aiken concert as a way to convert them, this is the concert I would bring them to. It was, simply, perfection. The electricity in the venue was palpable and the payoff for the long wait, the long plane ride, the musical seat and ticket exchange dance was an evening with a consummate performer, a voice that---although perhaps not his best, and showing signs of strain---could never be duplicated, and a presence that remained after the last seat was left vacant. The man was on in Charlotte.

The “OMGs” began as soon as the first close up showed on the Jumbotron of Clay being born once again from the mothership. He was beautiful. His hair was begging every woman in the place to run her fingers through the blonde highlighted thickness. John the hairdresser was my hero in Charlotte. No harsh lines or too-short spikes, no drastic color to distract us from his face. We could savor the red roots and tingle at the blonde tips and promise ourselves to send John an email thanking him.

And yes, there was stubble. Delicious auburn stubble to provide some company to the everpresent sideburns. To draw our eyes to the jaw line and watch it move with the exaggerated enunciation and clenched teeth he has recently adopted. We count on a continuously evolving Clay and can now add a new Clay Aiken trademark mannerism to our litany --- the teethclench. Clay has decided that he can add quite a few points to his hotness factor by singing through clenched teeth and jaw and he even periodically becomes sadistic by adding a nose squint or brow furrow to make sure that even the strongest female will fall. We did. Sometimes sadistic Clay is a good thing. Saturday I liked sadistic Clay.

He strutted and insisted that he was the man. Oh, yeah, he was the man Saturday night in Charlotte. He was the hot man, the funny man, the adorable man, the dancing man and the man who was proving beyond a doubt that all the miles and dollars and hours that his fans have spent on him this past year and a half were, ultimately, a very small price to pay for the privilege of having him sing to them and love them.

And make no mistake. Clay loves us. There is no way he could emit the genuineness and intensity of pure love and joy that he did on that stage in Charlotte unless he was feeling it. No way. Just as there is no way he could NOT feel what we gave back to him. The crowd in Charlotte both responded to and fed Clay’s excitement. It was a very mutual Claying that night. From the first sight of Clay in his red striped shirt, red loosely knotted tie, “jeans of perfection” and..oh…the hair…we were all so very happy.

I’ve already read a number of reviews that focus on how much Clay loves performing in North Carolina, how it’s “special” there. OK. I’m sure that’s so. He says it’s so. And yes, he did point out the fact that so many of the ticket buyers to these NC concerts were from out of state and had, basically, made it impossible for more hometown fans to be there. But he also loves that this happened. He didn’t really say that THIS is so; I just happen to believe it is. How could he NOT be amazed and overwhelmed and grateful that so many people love him enough to travel so far so often for him? He loves us.

Clay can dance, y’all. He’s been practicing with Jacob on a new move. It was cool. A little side slide with an arm/hand/mic move. A self-deprecating gesture afterwards to make us think he still can’t dance, but he did it. And it was good. And oh, so very hot.

And he was so beautiful. His face. God, that face. The smile and the eyes. It’s all been said before, but dear Lord….Saturday night in Charlotte his face shone with a beauty I could hardly stand. Literally. My friend sitting with me let me look through her binoculars at times and more than once I voluntarily gave them back to her because I just couldn’t continue to look anymore. My eyes would tear up as I gazed at his face and watched him pour his soul out through his eyes and feel him moving those lips against my face as he pronounced his words…and I just couldn’t see those things seem so very close any longer. So I would give the binoculars away for a while and try to shift my appreciation of him to his voice again or his body. Not too difficult to do, by the way. Just…different.

He talked and laughed a lot Saturday. He seemed so very happy and joyful. He laughed at himself and at Jacob and Quiana and Angela and at us and with us and it was just so very happy and joyful there. You’ve, of course, already heard about his leg lift on the young woman who sang with him. I swear, the man was just so full of himself that night, he couldn’t contain the real Clayton---just couldn’t keep that snarky, lusty, fun-loving man away. He might have blushed and “aw shucked” his way around the stage after he lifted that leg, but friends…THAT was Clay. No question in my mind. It wasn’t dirty or disgusting or inappropriate. It was funny as hell and hotter than that. Because Clay did it.

Of course, when he did it later on Angela and actually added a little thrusting action, it was, in my opinion, hotter than funny….but that’s just me, perhaps. Although fans will continue to discuss whether or not he did the leg lift on the guest singer without thinking, he knew he was going to do that one on Angela and, well….that was just all kinds of hot and fun and…stuff.

For those of you who live for nose scrunches, Saturday was a bonanza. He just seemed as if he couldn’t hold in all the emotion and need to…exude, so he had to scrunch a nose and clench some teeth and raise eyebrows and hop and bend and…oh, lordy…he screamed that high F forever on ‘Signed Sealed and Delivered’ and sent us all to hell in a handbasket. Go find a download and watch him do it. I’ll see you down “there”.

I’m not going to break down every song. The pure joy of Kyrie; the look of love as he watched the lights in the audience during MOAM, the playfulness of STO---all of it. You either need to have been there or you need to download videos because…just because.

I will say that I loved and hated TITN. I loved it because he had a big voice break and afterwards he…smiled at us and at himself. He smiled because he hates to make vocal mistakes but he knows he makes them and he knows we love him whether he does or not. And we know that every time he does, he’s going to do something unreal afterwards to prove to himself and to us that that mistake was just that---a slip. He’s still Clay. I “hated” TITN because that song always makes me think of American Idol, and even though he says he loves it and he sounds wonderful---that night…so close to the end of this incredible tour…I just couldn’t seem to separate his commanding, professional presence there from that show. And it just seems so wrong when I look at the man and the performer now and think of what he experienced on that show, what he endured from the naysayers. Never mind.

I cried during Solitaire. You understand---I know you do.

I was so very full when I left that place. I was tingling with so very many emotions and yet…I needed more. I knew I was going to Raleigh for two more concerts and would most likely see him at Kim Locke’s concert as well. But even knowing this…even after having just experienced what I now consider my most complete Clay concert---and I’ve said that before, you know---even after being gloriously bombarded so, so very thoroughly by the goodness and hotness and joyfulness and love from that man …..

I wanted more.

You understand.
ILClaymate
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2004, 02:11:20 PM »

Wow, Amy that was beautiful.  I agree with everything you said.  You said it oh so much better than I ever could!!!  Charlotte was the best.  I will never forget it.

Thanks so much for writing that and sharing your feelings with us.  It brought back all those wonderful feelings again from the night!

~Angela~
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2004, 02:59:23 PM »

Perfect Amy!!! You captured it...the nite was....ahhhh just so wonderful!!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2004, 04:22:25 PM »

I have so much to say about my truly wonderful weekend in North Carolina.  It is extremely difficult to put into words all the emotion I feel, but I will try.

All three concerts were absolutely wonderful!  As I’m sure you’ve heard, Clay looked gorgeous, sounded amazing, and gave three positively outstanding performances.  There was something very surreal about being in Raleigh to see him perform.  (Sorry Clay, but your fans truly love you and came from all over the country to be able to experience watching you perform in the place that it all began).

I am not going to get into specific concert reviews because there are many concert goers that can express, better than I, the truly amazing performances we were so fortunate to experience.

The entire weekend was very emotional for me.  Being in Raleigh brings tears to my eyes even, now, as I type.  Both Charlotte and Raleigh are beautiful, and the people there are so friendly and polite.  When someone calls you Ma’am, they aren't referring to your age, they're just being polite!

Meeting so many Claymaniacs was a wonderful experience.  Unfortunately, there were so many of us, it was impossible to spend a lot of time with everyone.  Prior to leaving for North Carolina, I had telephone conversations with  Heater, Tessie and IlClayMate, so it was great to finally meet them, and we were able to spend time together.  Heater was my taxi driver and I want to thank you, Heather, from the bottom of my heart for taking that job on.   Angela and Kris you were great to travel with on the road from Charlotte to Raleigh.  It was very entertaining. Super Happy!!!

I was able to spend  time with Moonshot and Sundancer, as well, and I very much enjoyed our time together.  Thank you, Pam, for the “ride”, it was fun!  And, of course, I can’t thank you enough, Michelle, for all the hard work you did in putting this all together.  It was a weekend I will never forget!!!

I finally, got to talk with Lorraine, Linda and Marilyn the night before we left.  It was wonderful getting to know each of them, as well.  They are such nice people, and I’m glad we were able to spend a little time together, before we all left for reality.

A special thanks to Christy for taking charge of all the hotel arrangements, it was great that we were all able to be in one place.  We appreciate your hard work.  I also want to mention Claydevotee and ClaysMagic as two others I enjoyed spending time with on our car ride to Kim’s concert. It was great getting to know the two of you.  It was also great to say Hi to ANGELA.  I know I am forgetting some, but I enjoyed meeting each and everyone of you.

And, of course, Pamela.  It was very special to finally meet the person who keeps us all so well informed, and works so hard to make this Board our home away from home.  You are truly amazing!   We all appreciate you more than words can express for all the time you give to making us all feel so welcome on this site, the same way you did in Raleigh.  I appreciate the ride to the airport, but wish I could have stayed in Fantasy Land for just a little longer.

Thank you, Clay, for making this all possible.  We love you!!!!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2004, 06:19:10 PM »

Amy, I always want more, and more, and more

You know!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
claydevotee
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2004, 07:38:51 PM »

AMY, that was magnificent.  It was a symphony of words. After the Charlotte concert I told several people that I could go home that next morning a "happy and satisfied woman"!  Well, you said it much better!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2004, 07:50:35 PM »

Once again Amy, I'm in awe of your writing.

And we get it ~ we understand. And thank god we do b/c we can all come here and share it with each other and it makes us  feel bettter to have someone to talk to about IT !!!

Thanks Amy for the review. It is a week-end to never forget. And I know for sure that I won't.

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2004, 07:52:18 PM »

That must have been a wonderful time, I wish I could have been there. Clay is special, I've been saying since early on. I'm planning to see him in El Cajon Nov. 23rd, wish me luck.
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2004, 08:10:28 PM »

Amy, thanks for that story of your Charolotte night, I did see a download of the leg thing, I love his sense of humor.

If the feelings I get come across the internet, I can only imagine what it must have felt like in person.

You lucky puppy!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2004, 09:50:42 PM »

PHILLY'S EXCELLENT ADEVNTURE IN CHARLOTTE! PART 1

WELL, IT'S TIME FOR MY REVIEW.

IT STARTED OFF WITH WAITNG 45 MINUTES IN LINE FOR SECURITY AT THE AIRPORT.  AND I MADE IT TO MY FLIGHT WITH ONLY 10 MINUTES TO SPARE  

ON BOARD THE AIRPLANE, I WAS SUPRISE TO SEE ALOT MEN, DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE NASCAR RACES IN CHARLOTTE. I SAT BETWEEN 2 MEN.  AND SINCE I WAS NERVOUS, I BASICALLY TALK THIS GUY'S EAR OFF. THE MAN'S NAME WAS WALT, AND WALT'S DAUGHTER WENT TO SCHOOL WITH CLAY AIKEN, BUT ONLY SAW HIM AROUND CAMPUS DIDN'T ACTUALLY KNEW HIM.

AFTER SAFELY LANDING IN CHARLOTTE, DUDLEY5 PICKED ME UP AND WE WENT TO THE SHUTTLE. A LITTLE NIPPY WHEN I GOT THERE. WE SAW MISHA RIGHT AWAY AND I GAVE HER A BIG HUG. THEN I MET MARILYN AND GLORY. I CHECKED IN AND GLORY ( FROM THE OCD THREAD) WAS MY ROOMATE FOR THE WEEKEND. DUDLEY'S ROOM WAS RIGHT ACROSS FROM ME.  

SINGING TO THE DINNER.

ONE OF THE NICE SERVICES PROVIDED WAS A VAN THAT TOOK YOU TO DINNER. WE ALL TOOK ADVATANGE OF THAT. AND OF COURSE WE HAD TO SING  CLAY AIKENS SONGS ON THE WAY TO THE RESTURANT LOL..  

ANGELA'S HUSBAND HAS THE PATIENCE OF JOB.. LOL... SO WE SANG AND I SUPLLIED 2 SHIRT TUGS DURING OUR RENDITION OF INVISIBLE.  

DINNER AT THE ROUND HOUSE STEAK HOUSE

WELL, WE'RE GETTING HUNGRY THERE WAS 10 HUNGRY CLAYMANIACS( ME, MISHA, DUDLEY, MARILYN, SASHA, ANGELA AND HUBBY TONY, GLORY, LINDA, LORRAINE) WE WENT TO THE ROUND HOUSE. GREAT STEAKS AND WE HAD A FUN WAITRESS CALLED MELODIE THAT WAS A PERKY BLONDE THAT CLAY WOULD INSTANLY MELT OVER. LOTS OF LAUGHS. SOME OF THE CLAYMANIACS WERE TRYING TO COTTON ENCHANCE THEIR BRA SIZE. WHILE OTHERS TRIED TO HIT ON 4 NORTH CAROLINA STATE TROPPERS **COUGH, COUGH RIGHT LORRIANE?***  AND SOME CLAYMANIACS HAD SEX ON THE BEACH ( WINK, WINK, MISHA AND MARILYN)

AFTER DINNER, IT WAS BACK TO THE HOTEL FOR A LITTLE GET TOGETHER.  

AT THIS TIME OUR CLAYNADIANS FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH PAID US A VIST.. MRS C, KAREN 28 AND CHRISIED WALKED INTO THE BREAKFEST ROOM THAT MARILYN HAD SAVED FOR US. AND MAMA DEV CAME IN TOO. AND OUR FRINDS FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH SUPLLIED US WITH SMIROFF ICE.  IT WAS THEN THAT I TRIED SINGING WITH THEM. AND MISHA SANG TOO.. I WAS SO GLAD THAT MISHA TRIED OUT FOR JEROME SHE TRULY HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE.!  

WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME MEETING OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS!

WE ALL CALLED IT A NIGHT SOMETIME AFTER MIDNIGHT.  

THE NEXT DAY

I WOKE UP BRIGHT EYED AND BUSHY TAILED. EXCEPT FOR THE IBS THAT WAS BOTHERING ME. I KNEW I CAN'T AUDITION WITH JEROME. BUT I GOT TO SEE SOMETHING SPECIAL INSTEAD.

ANYWAY, AT AROUND TO 2:30 P.M. ALL THE FAMILAR FREINDLY FACES THAT I KNEW WERE THERE AND I MET NEW ONES TOO! ( TOTALINLUV, HEATER, LUVMYCLAY, BISI, CAB, STACEY, HER, BOZENNA)

THEN IT WAS OFF TO THE CARROWINDS.

***EDITORS NOTE, I'M SAVING THE CONCERT FRELLING FOR LATER, NEED TO KEEP YOU GIRLS IN SUSPENSE LOL!!*********

MY HAPPY SURPISE!!

WELL, AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT ME AND DUDLEY FOUND OUR WAY TO THE CONCERT ARENA AND CLAY WAS DOING HIS SOUND CHECK THERE.  

CLAY WAS SITTING IN THE BLEACHERS WITH NICK.. NICK WAS ON THE CELL PHONE. CLAY HAD HIS BURBERRY BUCKET HAT ON, BURBERRY BLUR T SHIRT AND JEANS. WHERE ME AND DUDLEY WERE STANDING THERE ABOUT MAYBE 15 OTHER PEOPLE THERE ALSO. FIRST THE BAND WAS PLAYING ALONE THEN I COULD HEAR THE BACKGROUND SINGERS.  

CLAY WAS STILL IN THE BLEACHERS, HE SAW US AND WE WERE WAVING TO HIM. HE WAVED BACK  

THEN MR. SNARKY CLAY DECIDED TO PAY US A VISIT.  

CLAY SUDDENLY JUMP UP FROM THE SEAT AND THEN JUMPS RIGHT BACK DOWN, THEN HE SWINGS HIS LUCIOUS LONGS LEGS OVER THE CHAIR IN FRONT HIM, AND LAUGHING.. ( SNARK MEISTER THAT HE IS.)

THEN A FEW MINUTES CLAY REALLY DOES GET UP FROM THE BLEACHERS MADE HIS WAY DOWN AND HE JUMPED OVER THE FENCE TO GET TO THE STAGE. BUT, HE DID A SWEET THING . HE LOOKED IN OUR DIRECTION AND TIPPED HIS HAT TO US.. GOD I LOVE THIS MAN!!  

FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES, ME AND DUDLEY HEARED HIS VOICE IN AND OUT OF VARIOUS SONGS, HOWEVER SOME OF THE OTHER 15 PEOPLE SCREAMED LIKE AMINALS EVER TIME THEY HEARD CLAY'S VOICE. THEN CLAY STOPPED SINGING FOR A WHILE. AND STARTED UP AGAIN. AT THAT TIME THE PINIC STARTED AND WE HAD TO LEAVE. "SNIFF", I REALLY WANTED TO STAY LONGER. I WANTED MORE.

THIS CONCLUDES PART 1 OF PHILLY'S EXCELLENT IN CHARLOTTE! STAY TUNED FOR MORE...

PHILLY'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE IN CHARLOTTE

PART 2

I WANTED MORE. YES, I WANTED TO STAY AND LISTENED TO CLAY DOING HIS SOUND CHECK BUT, THE PINIC WAS UNDER WAY, SO ME AND DUDLEY WALKED TO THE SITE AND I KEPT TALKING ABOUT HOW SNARKY HE WAS A FEW MINUTES AGO.  

THE PINIC

IT WAS WONDERFUL GATHERING OF DIFFERENT BOARDS COMING TOGETHER FOR THE LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP WE HAVE FOR EACH OTHER. AND THE LOVE WE HAVE FOR CLAY AIKEN!  

IT WAS A HAPPY TIME TO MINGLE WITH ALL THOSE WHO WRITE WORDS ON THIS LITTLE SCREEN AND FINALLY PUT FACES WITH THE EMOTIONS THAT COMES THROUGH LIVIDLY.  

HER (JAYNE) MADE A GREAT SIGN FOR THE PINIC AND IT WAS WHERE ALL THE CLAYMANIACS SAT AT! I USED MY DIGITAL CAMERA FOR THE FIRST TIME, ( UNFORTUNELY THERE'S A SAD STORY ABOUT MY DIGITAL CAMERA THAT I WILL SHARE WITH YOU LATER.) AND GREAT PLUS I GOT TO MEET GLENN TOO! BUT THE BEST WAS WHEN DIANE BUBEL CAME TO SPEAK, AND TALK ABOUT THE FOUNDATION AND CLAY. EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PERSONALLY TO TALK DIANNE I FELT HER WARM PERSONALITY SHINING THROUGH!  

AFTER WE ATE THEY AUCTION OFF SOME FUN CLAY STUFF.  

THEN IT WAS OFF TO THE CONCERT FRELLING OF A LIFE TIME!!  

THE BIG ONE!

AGAIN, I WANT TO PERSONALLY THAT DUDLEY FOR GIVING ME THE UPGRADE TICKET SEE TO OUR EMPEROR OF THE BLACK LEATHER PANTS UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!!  

I WAS VERY HAPPY TO SHARE MY CLAYING WITH KAREN28, CHRISIED, AND MRS. C!  THOSE CLAYNADIANS FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH WERE GREAT FUN EH..! THEY SAT RIGHT NEXT TO ME!  

AND BEFORE THE CONCERT I DEVISED A PLAN SO CLAY MIGHT PICK US TO DANCE WITH HIM. I THOUGHT ABOUT WHEN CLAY SAID HE WANTED SOMETHING ORGINAL, AND YOU KNOW ME WITH MY DANGEROUS THOUGHTS  WELL, I KEPT IT CLEAN LOL!! I THOUGHT MAYBE WE ALL COULD DO THE 1960'S DANCE THE SWIM TO CATCH CLAY'S GORGEOUS GREEN EYES! SO, WE AGREED TO DO THE DANCE TOGETHER ( MORE ON THAT IN A BIT)  

THE MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED

IT WAS EARLY AUGUST, WHEN I WAS LAST CLAYED. I YEARNED EAGERLY TO BE CLAYED AGAIN. IT'S TOO ADDICTING!

THE LIGHTS WENT OUT AND THE MOTHERSHIP ARRIVED..

THERE HE WAS, LIKE A WALKING ADONIS COMING FORTH SLOWLY AND DELIBERATELY! LOOKING TO SLAY US ALL WITH HIS VOICE, HIS LOOKS AND HIS ESSENCE!

AS SOON AS I SAW CLAY, MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT AND MY EARS TOOK HIM IN EAGERLY!! AND CLAY DELIVERED THE GOODS PERFECTLY AS HE ALWAYS HAD .  AND CLAY DELIVERED THE FAMOUS DRIVING THE CAR MOVE WITH NEW TURN OF HIS HEAD AND PUCKERED THOSE LUCIOUS LIPS THAT RENDERED ME INTO A POOL OF VANILLA GOODNESS INSTANTLY! CLAY, TURN ON THE IGNITION AND RIDE ME BABY!!  

CLAY WAS SO HAPPY AND HE WAS VERY . HE WAS JOY TO BE AROUND AND THAT VOICE WAS JUST INCREDIBLE!

SHINE WAS BALL FULL OF ENERGY AND EXCITEMENT.

THEN THE MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR A CHANCE TO DANCE FOR CLAY CAME. AS SOON AS "WYSYLM" STARTED I BEGAN MY SWIMING AND THE CANADIAN GIRLS DIDN'T MISS A BEAT AND WE ALL DANCE IN UNISON. NOTE THIS. THIS WAS NOT A DELUSION.. CLAY CAME TO OUR SIDE ( WE WERE ON ROW 6 RIGHT IN THE CENTER) CLAY STARTED TO LOOK AGAIN THEN HE SAW US!! I SWEAR ! HE WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT US WITH HIS GRACEFUL HAND OVER HIS BROW AND KEPT PEERING OUR WAY.. HE CAME TO US 3 TIMES. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME .. JUST ASK KAREN 28. THEN, * SIGH* A YOUNG TEENAGER WAS PICKED. BUT, I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT LOOK ON HIS FACE.. IT WAS VERY INQUISITIVE INDEED!  

THEN SNARKY CLAY TOOK OVER FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW..

AFTER ETHEL WAS UP THERE DANCING , CLAY JUST LET IT LOOSE! AND HE WAS A WILD MAN!! LOL!! CLAY DOING THE DIRTY LEG IS NOW BURNED IN MY MEMORY FOREVER. SO, CLAY MIGHT BE DATING AMBER ( AND GOOD FOR HIM BY THE WAY) BUT HE DIRTY DANCED WITH A BRUNETTE, NOT MARY FROM CARY. BUT A BRUNETTE.. THERE'S HOPE FOR US BRUNETTES YET LOL!!  AND MACK SAID IT RIGHT WHEN THE FUNNIEST PART WAS WHEN HE SAID " LORD, I HOPE SHE WAS 18" LOL  

NOW FOR THE FUNNY DELUSION PART OF THE CONCERT, UM, I THINK ME AND CLAY BOB HEADING TOGETHER DURING THE JT SET , WELL I WAS THERE MY EYES NEVER LEFT HIM FOR A SECOND . AND I STARTED TO DO MY BOB HEADING NECK GROOVING THINGIE TO CLAY SIGNING AND HE TURNS TO MY DIRECTION AND STARTED DO A HEAED BOBING THING TOO.. I KNOW IT WAS PURE LUCK.. BUT IT WAS A NICE DELUSION JUST THE SAME!  

AGAIN,I SAW THAT IMPISH SMILE OF THE EMPEROR. CLAY AIKEN DECIDED HE NEEDED SOME MORE DIRTY DANCING AND LEG HUMPED ANGELA AT THE END OF YGAF! LOL!! I HOWLED WITH LAUGHTER! BOY, I LOVE THAT GUY! HE GOT SOME DEVIL IN HIM  

HE TRIED TO COMPOSE HIMSELF AND BEGAN SING AGAIN, MOAM AND RUN TO ME ABSOLUTELY TOOK MY BREATH AWAY.

INTERMISSION CAME AND WENT..

STO WAS SO DARN SEXY, BUT NOTHING PREPARED ME FOR COF!! DING DANG IT!! THAT SEXY GROWL OF HIS COULD MAKE BILL O'REILLY FANGIRLY!!LOL!! HE GROWLING UNNERVED ME TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN. AND HIS DEEP KNEE BENDS. superstar.. PUT A FORK IN ME I'M DONE.  

I ALWAYS LOVED ROSANNA, AND THE MAN DID NOT DISAPPOINT AT ALL! INCLUDING THE NEW MIKE DANCE MOVE.. HE LOOK SO CUTE WITH HIS TONGUE STICKING OUT!  

YWT ALWAYS BRING TEARS TO MY EYES AND I GOT A LITTLE FILLED UP!

THIS IS THE NIGHT WAS SO SPECIAL , BUT IT WAS THAT NIGHT WE US CLAYMANIACS GATHER TO GIVE HIM LOVE FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY!  

HE WAS SO SWEET THANKING HIS FRIENDS, TEACHES AND FAMILY AND I LOVED THAT HE JOKED ABOUT GRADUATING AND HOW HE SAID THAT DIANNE BUBEL WAS IN THE AUDIENCE.

BUT THE BEST THING WAS INVISIBLE! IT WAS OUR GIFT TO HIM AS WE SANG ALONG. I SAW HIM BITE HIS LIP AT THE END OF THE SONG . YOU CAN TELL HOW MUCH HE LOVE US.

SOLITAIRE, TO ME WAS ULIMATE!! HE WAS BEYOND PERFECTION AND SO FILLED WITH EMOTION! TEARS FORMS AND ROLLED!! THANK YOU CLAY AIKEN FOR ALWAYS BEING YOU AND BECOMING EACH SONG YOU SING!

AS TINA TURNER SINGS.....

CLAY AIKEN......

"YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST"!!  

LOVE YA

PHILLY
cjrmax
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2004, 10:13:23 PM »

Amy - You said it all.  You captured the magic that was Charlotte.

I am glad I was there to experience it in person.

I want more - and I want it now!!!
Misha
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2004, 09:11:33 AM »

Amy, what can I say?  Thank you for saving me from a lot of typing in order to give my own review.  You truly said it for me and I believe most all of us.

Though I think now is perhaps the time... to share with you my heartbreaking story.  Because it appears to be very true.

Are you ready for this?

I AM ALLERGIC TO NORTH CAROLINA!

No joke.  I arrived in Charlotte on Friday.  Feeling fine and ready to party with my friends from here.  I was ready to feel every single orgasmic experience known to womankind (yeah okay, I still felt that way with one exception).

You know by now that everytime we (the Clayfans) get together, we have to sing his songs.  In the car, in the hotel, in restaurants, everywhere.  So there I am, singing my little heart out and someone said to me, "Hey, you should audition for Jerome!"  I, naturally, said no.  I said it several times in fact.  I even said that I did not want to meet Clay in person because it might ruin the fantasy I have built up in my mind.  And believe me, I really REALLLLY like my delusions regarding him.  But could they take no for an answer?  No.  They couldn't, and they prodded at me until I finally capitulated.  I would audition, but I would not build up hope that I'd actually get to meet.... THE MAN!

And then it happened.  *cough*  Hmmm, my throat began to swell up from Friday night to Saturday morning.  Suddenly, I had a rasp to my voice.  But I'd sung in musicals and for performances before with a raspy voice, so I did what I could to preserve my voice, but when you're surrounded by about 60 Claymaniacs who you've been dying to see, it is NOT an easy task.

This is where I insert a very sincere, heartfelt apology to Dudley, Marilyn, Linda, Lorraine and Glory.  They were the poor people who ended up listening to me the most as I tried to breathe.  I had been fine before arriving in NC, and I didn't have the sniffles, I didn't have a fever, but doggonnit if my throat didn't start swelling up and I started coughing like crazy.  I insisted it was allergies, but in the back of my mind, I wondered if I was getting an upper respiratory infection, which in my lifetime if experiences can only be cured with antibiotics.

But no, sadly, I was correct, it was indeed, allergies.  (Yes, I will tell you how I know in just a little bit.)

So there I am, standing around, waiting for Jerome to FINALLY show up so I could audition.  But it did happen.  He did show up, and I did get to sing for him.  Though he didn't know the difference, I did, and I thought I sucked.  But apparently rasp in a voice isn't so much a bad thing, because unknown to me, you apparently have to stick around after auditioning, because he brought three ladies back to have a sing off.  Two others, and me.  But did I know about it?  No.  Would it have mattered?  No, because in between the time I auditioned and the time the sing off must have occurred, for all practical purposes, I had lost my voice.  I tried talking, but it wasn't easy and once again, I must offer my apologies, this time to Jill.  She had to hear my garbled and whispered words throughout the concert.  I didn't find out till much later, after the concert, that I was one of those who was called back for the sing off.

Do you realize, how much I have been kicking myself?  It could have been ME he had been leg humping.  I could have had intimate knowledge of how it feels to be in between Clay's legs.  If only I had known about the sing off, and if only I had not lost my voice.

And it did not come back either.  I was aiming for Raleigh.  Sundancer and Moonshot took me to the store before driving to Raleigh so I could get some medicine and while it worked for brief, very brief moments in time, the voice did not return.  And each day in North Carolina it got worse.  So bad in fact, that everyone around me insisted I go to the doctor.  I hate doctors.  Not personally, but I just hate going to see them.  Yeah okay, I hate parting from money I don't have.  But even I was agreeing, it was time to see the doctor.

On the drive home from the Airport in Seattle, I knew from the wracking coughs, it was time to see the doctor.

I was intending to go, I really was.  I called up the doctor here in town.  No new patients allowed at this time.  (WTF?  Don't they take a hypocratic oath to help ALLLLL sick people?)  Then, they referred me to someone else.  I called.  They accept new patients and they could see me sometime in November.  NOVEMBER???  They said, I'm sorry ma'am, I guess you'll have to go to the emergency room.  *insert rolling my eyes here*

And this is where it truly gets fascinating, because I suddenly realized... I wasn't coughing anymore.  A little cough now and then, but I wasn't having trouble breathing anymore and only had occasional single coughs.

I decided, this needed some investigation here.  I simply do NOT get over a respiratory infection without some medical help.  So I waited a few hours.  Still doing good.  As a matter of fact, my throat began to unswell.

It is now Thursday.  I have been back in Washington for one day.  ONE.  And my voice is beginning to come back.  My lungs are clearing.  On their own.  One day in North Carolina, I can't speak or breathe.  One day back here, things start returning back to normal.  I still have an occasional cough, but... I am beginning to speak again and now, all I can do is cry because it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I am allergic to North Carolina.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2004, 12:52:38 PM »

I am still intoxicated with the love for that man and I thank him so much for being the reason that we were all brought together.  This is one hangover that is going to last much more than a day! The Claymaniacs and even other Clay fans all together shared our love, hopes, dreams, compassion and, yes, even lust for Clay this weekend. It was absolutely the Claynation in NC.  I never, ever thought he could look or sound any better than I have seen him, but he did it; he surpassed everything one more time!  He amazes me!!!!!!  .  To be able to give a hug to everyone I met was truly a heartwarming experience.  It was just a haven of warmth.  Clay just gets us so hyped up; it just makes you want to spread goodness all around.  I feel like I am in another world when I look at him and listen to him sing.  I think I totally zone out!

I truly feel he is the happiest in NC because it just seemed to me that he gave 150% of his body and soul.  I know he always gives more than 100% wherever he is, but you had to be there to see the dance moves, mic moves, the facial expressions, smiles, snarkiness and love that he displayed. I know he does that everywhere, but there was something I saw in him that I never saw before.  Whatever it was, I am so glad to have been able to be there to see everything from his head to his toes.  All three of the concerts were so unbelievably awesome that I don't even have enough time to type all the adjectives I would love to put down to describe it.    I haven't flown in many, many years, but Clay could get me to do just about anything! It was a very emotional and draining 5 days, but worth every feeling that my body was and is still emoting.

Thank you to Pamela, Michelle and Christie one more time for all the arrangements you made for us.  Thank you also to all of the other Claymaniacs that welcomed me and made me feel like I had known them for many years.  A special thanks to my roomies, including Sasha, and across the hall roomies (angela and Tony) I love you all!  I will never, ever forget this memorable weekend.  I just hope there will be more to follow.    

My only one regret is that we were on the move so much there wasn't a lot of time to talk at length too much with everyone.  I tried to catch everyone, but I am sure there are some that I didn't.  My biggest wish is that everyone on this sight could be together at one time or another.  Well, at least there are plenty of beautiful pictures and downloads for everyone to see.  Life is Good! I just feel very blessed to be able to have gone to these concerts.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2004, 02:59:08 PM »

Amy.. That was an amazing review.. I feel complete. The weekend is now intact  for me. You have signed, sealed and delivered....

Sorry for the "elbows." I lose all bodily control when I watch!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2004, 07:59:32 PM »

Amy, I do understand, so very well.
THAT SEXY GROWL OF HIS COULD MAKE BILL O'REILLY FANGIRLY!!LOL!! HE GROWLING UNNERVED ME TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN. AND HIS DEEP KNEE BENDS. superstar.. PUT A FORK IN ME I'M DONE.

Philly, you are so right, he is the best!
Misha....I am so sorry you are allergic to NC!  That's awful!  But I'm glad you're feeling better.  And I'm glad it wasn't me you were allergic to.  Laughing

OK, I think I'm ready to recap now.  It may be long, so scroll like a mutha if you want!

CLAY IN NCx3
Everyone wants to soujourn to NC to see Clay sing at home.  I understand, because it is special.  In August, I followed the star to Bethlehem to see him sing. It was the first time I'd ever seen Clay outside NC (excepting a brief journey into SC), and although it was special because I was with my Maniacs, it was also missing something.  Nothing that made the experience anything less than spectacular, but just...something indefinable that I thought about for two seconds then let go into the starry night sky above Musikfest.  

For me, seeing Clay sing in NC is warm, fuzzy, comfortable, like a soft pair of flannel jammies and a broken in t shirt.  And a cute puppy, and a burberry bucket hat. (HA!)  It just feels right somehow, like all the planets are in alignment and the stars are twinkling in rhythm with the backbeat.  

In Charlotte, I wasn't going to let the fact that I somehow ended up ticketless spoil my fun. It's a long story, but major hugs to Lainey and Mack for convincing the manager to let me in anyway. MWAH! Not about to let a little ticket debacle spoil my fun, I was primed and ready to be Clayed. And I was, to within an inch of my life! He was absolutely ebulliant!  And jubilant!  And even if I listed every brilliant adjective I could think of, it wouldn't be enough to convey to anyone who wasn't there how that performance made me cheer for the funky dance steps, laugh at the humpty dance move, sway, dance, clap, scream, tear up at the loveliness of the glowsticks shimmering like glitter over the crowd, and then cry for the sense of finality when that last note of Solitaire ripped my heart.  Even when I found out the woman next to me who kept getting herself and all her signs into my space was the infamous Linda, it didn't bother me.    

All I could do when it was over was to collapse into the seat and try to remember how to breathe.  And the topper?  His hair was freakin perfect.  Perfect I say!  He looked beautiful, and he made me cry like a baby.  He made me forget where I was, how to drive and how to follow directions too, as I then proceeded to get lost finding our party place after the show!

In Raleigh, I was fortunate to land in the sixth row for the daylight show.  (ThanX Lainey!) What a collossal, chaotic, frenzied episode that was!  Throngs of determined fangirls filled the aisle and some chick in a crop top was dancing on her chair behind me, her belly scarily swaying in the breeze. My eyes! A couple of lackadaisical cops half heartedly herded people back, only to have the aisles fill up again in a matter of minutes.  It was madness. People milling all about, yelling at each other to sit down, or move or back up or get down.  So distracting.  Somehow, Clay managed to stay focused so I did too.  I fiercely attached my eyeballs to him and the rest of the detritus around me disappeared until all that was left was Clay, the band, the singers and the songs.  

And man, was it hot in there! I thought it was just me, but everyone was sweaty and glistening, even Clay. "Raleigh makes me hot," I think he said.  Well, he made us all hot too, greenhouse effect in the 'Dort Narena' notwithstanding!  He did seem a little tentative vocally; whether he was saving his voice for the PM show or whether he was a bit distracted by all the frenetic goings on, I don't know.  But he was still good. It was good.  Strange and different, but good.

I was on row 22 for the PM show, but I had the most fun there.  Mack and Lainey brought glowsticks and passed them out to our whole section, who seemed a little clueless as to what to do with them.  Mack went down front for the dance-a-thon and she rocked out y'all!  That should have been Mack up on that stage! The glowing display during MoaM was very touching. Vocally, Clay was outstanding. Seeing him with little 4 yr old Brianna during the singalong was so precious.  His face was alternately fused with wide eyed amazement and grateful appreciation.  His triumphant gesture at the end of Solitaire struck me mute with the feeling that it was the last time we might ever see him sing that song.  I don't know why, just a feeling.  

Also, just to stir things up, Clay mentioned more than once that so many 'out of town' fans being there may have upset the local fans who weren't able to get tickets.  At first I thought he was scolding us (scold me Clay!) but then I figured he was just making a point to the locals that were there.  Giving a shout out to Canada and all the various states that were represented let the locals in attendance know that yeah, he was the Man!  The real deal. A supahstah who commands those high priced fees and deserves them. A multi plantinum recording artist who compels people to fly from across the country to see him sing in a cow palace.  

Wake up and smell the krispy kremes Raleigh, Clay Aiken is a bonafide celebrity now, not just Clayton coming home to sing for the hometown folks.  The security was terribly lax, with only a couple of Raleigh cops and one old white haired man trying to keep the masses back.  And failing miserably at it too.

But, even with all that, I was practically vibrating by the end of the concert; when the lights came up I was walking on air and my heart was about to burst and my head was floating above my body. GAH!
Having all the Maniacs in town was the icing on the proverbial cake.  Make that cream cheese icing on vanilla cake.  Mmmm.  It was sweet, and delectable, and so good I wanted another piece.  Clay x3 in NC was not more than I could take.  It wasn't even enough.  Bring it on Clay, I can take it.

Clay obviously loves to sing anywhere he goes (Wilkes Barre anyone?) but the joy he carries in his face and in his voice is never more evident to me than when he sings in NC.  At home. He may not always bring the sexy to NC, but he most certainly always does bring the heart.  And touches ours.  And I love him for it.  Thank You Clay!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2004, 08:26:54 PM »

Pamela, Misha, Philly and Outthere:

THANK YOU! TO YOU ALL!!

I did not attend but had a chance to go to Charlotte - but backed out. I will never forgive myself for missing that hair..I mean man..I mean CONCERT! AND MANIACS, of course.

You all made me feel a part of something I missed and I am grateful. My heart is racing and my..."palms" are sweaty...you did good!

Lora
ClayBuf
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2004, 11:30:41 PM »

Amy, Philly, Misha & Pamela:

WOW.

That's all I can muster right now - just, WOW.

Thanks for sharing this leg of your Clay adventures, and relaying so well the special joy of experienceing Clay performing at home. It certainly made me wish I had been there - but each of you made me feel as if I were.

It is awesome that so many Claymaniacs were able to be there. How wonderful to experience such special Clay moments together, and to be able to spend time together as well. I'm sure it strengthened the bond that you all have, and brought you even closer. You will never forget those shows and the people you got to share them with. You'll be surprised at how much you will always remember - even the little things. Those three days will always stand out for you and the memories will always bring a smile. (I've been there......) I'm so happy for all of you that you had such a special time.

~Buffi
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2004, 02:57:00 AM »

He might have blushed and “aw shucked” his way around the stage after he lifted that leg, but friends…THAT was Clay. No question in my mind. It wasn’t dirty or disgusting or inappropriate. It was funny as hell and hotter than that. Because Clay did it.
RIGHT ON AMY!!!!!

Pamela-Your review.... Not Worthy

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

irule
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2004, 02:30:30 PM »

"Clay Aiken On FIRE in Cleveland"!
Clay came from below the staircase singing U2's "Where The Street's Have No Name". Then he performed "Shine" from his CD "Measure Of A Man" followed by "When You Say You Love Me". Another song he performed was "I Will Carry You" followed by "Kyrie".  After that he sang "No More Sad Songs". Then he and his backup singers performed a set of James Taylor songs. He got the crowd on their feet with "Measure Of A Man". For the last song of that set list he performed "Run To Me". Clay took a 15 minute intermission. During that time a man offered us 8th row seats! Clay came back and performed "Still The One". Then he sang "Perfect Day" followed by "I Survived You". After that he and his backup singer Angela performed "Chain Of Fools". He then sang "Rosanna" After that he sang a Christan song called "When You Were There". Then Clay was on FIRE with "This Is The Night". Then he finished the night with his hits "Invisible" and "Solitaire". After the concert we went outside to the buses and hoped to shake Clay's hand and we did. I got Jacob (Clay's Backup singer) and S'von (Clay's keyboardist) to sign my tour book! That was such a great experence! The concert was so cool!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2004, 12:27:05 PM »

irule it sounds like you had a great time at the concert!  

Thanks for the review.  Be sure and check out all the pix in the Photo Album thread - we have lots!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx