gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SIOUX FALLS - WOW!!  (Read 61798 times)
Kathy_Tenn
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2004, 11:04:35 AM »

Hi Cookie!
I can help you with the diretions to the arena.  they are really very easy except for one tricky place.  You wilol be traveling in the same direction as I will.  On I-40 toward Knoxville, take the downtown exit.  It will be 388A for James White Pkwy on the interstate exit sign  the exite is on the LEFT side, so be ready for that.  It will be a very short distance and you will come to splits.  One lane will take you to James White Pkwy, but you want to be careful to be in t he lane that takes you onto Neyland Dr.  The first time I drove it myself, I almost got confused and it had to be a split second decision to get into the proper lane.  Luckily, no other drivers were close behind. The lane toward Neyland will fork you toward the right.  Once on Neyland, the river should be to your left and the UT campus will be to your right.  You will know the arena when you see it.  You can't miss it!  The directions say to turn right (only way you can turn) at the 3rd light onto Lake Loudon Blvd and that parking shoud be in several places.  I have no problems getting there.  I have done it a number of times because when our little poodle broke her leg at only 13 months and 4 lbs, she had to have surgery to have a plate put in at the UT Vet Hospital.  (It is on down Neyland a few minutes past the arena.)  My main concern, therefore, is finding parking.  As I said before, my daughter who live in Knoxville said it will be hard to find a place.   But she has never gone to Thompson/Boling, so I am hoping that she does not realize where parking is available.  We'll see...
It's great that you plan to check it out.  I hope the directions I gave you are a help.  Please let me know what you find out.  
And yes!  It would be fun to meet somewhere in the arena to say hello.  But neither of us having ever been there before, I wonder how we would figure out a place to meet.  I wonder if the box office could give me a suggestion.  I'll locate a number and see if I can luck out with someone who is willing to help out in that area.  I'll let you know if I succeed.
Kathy_Tenn
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2004, 11:16:20 AM »

Hi LiftClayUp,
Thanks for the info.  I doubt I wil be able to take advantage of any parties.  I am going with a friend who works and we won't be able to leave for Knoxville until about 3:30 the day of the concert.

Also, if you or Cookie are interested and don't know about it yet, I found an address on another thread that takes you to a site that has downloads of songs that Clay sang in Wisconsin, I believe.  "You Were There"is on the list and if you have RealPlayer or something else that allows you to download and listen, I advise you listen to this song.  It is the one that I fell in love with when I heard it in Greenville. And it is the reason I decided to go to the Knoxville concert.  I want to hear him sing it again!The address is: http://www.allthingsclayaiken.com/concertmp3s.html.  Check it out.  I downloaded it and listen to it everytime I get online now!  Hope you enjoy!
Kathy_Tenn
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2004, 01:07:02 PM »

Cookie,
I just got off the phone with the box office and talked with a very nice girl who was a big help.
She told me that the concert was not going to be a very big event.  I  think she is talking in terms of just how many people the arena can hold at full capacity.  Anyway, she said that when we turn into the arena, there will be police/staff directing us to parking.  When the closeest parking is full, they direct to the next closest parking area and continue until parking in the farthest location is full.  she said that getting there abut 5 may be a little early.  So I plan to arrive about 5:30.  That should have staff there directing by then and get us a close parking space.  After all, it is only one hour before the doors open.  Also, the girl at the box office told me that there will be a ramp that we must use to get to the entrance level of the arena.  she suggested that we meet at the top of the ramp or jsut inside the doors that we will see when we get to the top of the ramp.  If you would like to meet, I suggest we do it at the top of the ramp.  Inside may be a little kaotic with people rushing around.  Also, if you arrive early as well, there will be more time to say hello.  If it is rainy, then we can go to plan B and meet just inside the doors.  
Anyone else going to the Knoxville consert is welcome to stop by at the top of the ramp and say hello.  I think it would be fun!
Kathy_Tenn
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2004, 01:09:32 PM »

I just read my own post.  Guess I should have previewed it.  The typos were everywhere!  Ha!
takenbyaiken25
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2004, 05:44:22 PM »

thank you SOOO much, heart4clay for that WONDERFUL review thing of the lex concert! that was great...i wish i had only known he was doing that (shaking hands etc. etc.)  i would've been the first person there (as everyone else also says im sure) you're so lucky to get to go to more than one concert on this tour!  i'm only going to one (not my choice) but what can ya do...i'm just glad to see him at all! he is more amazing in person!!!  his southern charm and that "aw shucks, u dont really think I'm cute" mentality just makes him even more sexy! *thud* btw, how was the nashville concert? (amazing, i'm sure!) what all did u buy at the concert?
Anonymous
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2004, 09:25:55 PM »

Does anyone know the name of the song he sang at this concert when he came out on that platform all dressed in white?  Thanks in advance.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2004, 10:34:30 PM »

My goal was to write an actual ‘review’ of the concerts I saw this weekend, but somehow I never could make myself leave Fangirl Village long enough to do it.  Oh well, I know if anyone understands, it’s you all.  Wink:

First impressions – Clay has kicked everything up a notch from the Independent Tour. The set was better, he had several wardrobe changes, the lighting was very effective and the sound was great. The set includes a wide central staircase with running lights along the edge of the steps.  The steps lead up to a central platform. There is a raised platform on either side of the central one, two stage level video screens, two mid-height platforms, one for musical director Jason Halbert and one for drummer Derek Wyatt (who is from Raleigh!). Once again, Jacob, Angela and Quiana provide backing vocal, and lead vocal support.  Cherie opened both shows and she is very talented.  She has some good songs that I couldn’t help but think Clay would wail on!

After the set change, when the lights go down and the tension in the air goes up, there is a soundtrack intro that includes snippets of songs, static, some radio talk, and finally, the first rolling guitar riffs of U2’s Where the Streets Have No Name come blasting from the speakers.  

Clay likes to make you wait for him.  And he does love a grand entrance!  Looking like the giant hulking door of the Starship Aiken, the central steps lift straight up, the spotlight hits the entrance, and here comes Clay!  The band totally rocks out on the song, and it’s a great opener for the show – it's up-tempo, energetic, positive, and so is Clay. He bounds out, sounding just magnificent.  

Still building then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there I go there with you
(it’s all I can do)

He then launched straight into Shine, which happens to be my fave song from the CD right now.  (Thank you Clay!) I sang along, every word with him, and noticed lots of people doing the same thing.  It’s a groovy song don’t you know.  I don’t know why, but the anthemic chorus in Shine always makes me think of some kind of trippy hippie happening.  Free love!

Everything you are, everywhere you've been
The sinner,and the saint that fight the battle within
Everyplace you go, everybody knows.
Shadows fall across the sun sometimes.
Shiiiine!  You're gonna shine.  

Finally, he speaks!  He welcomes us, and then tells us he isn’t going to dance during the concert. This is a white lie, because he proceeds to dance his feet off many, many times. He does however want us to dance, and like little stepford fans, we obey. Hey, you would have too!  He tells us about the handmade leis a fan sends him before each show, and he wants to award it to a fan who is the best dancer.  

Lights!, he says.  He gets lights. Dance!, he commands.  We dance!

During When You Say You Love Me, his eyes scan the crowd.  Suddenly, you can see him lock those lasers onto someone.  In Greensboro, it was a pretty blonde who went up on stage, walked straight up to Clay and gave him a big old hug.  They looked sort of familiar, and as it turns out, they were!  She went to school with him in Raleigh.  In Greenville, the dancer was a hoot.  She was wearing a ‘Mrs Aiken’ tshirt, and she went right up to him and shimmied up and down.  He cracked up, we cracked up, they danced, we danced, and then we rewarded them all with thunderous applause.  It was funny, and highly entertaining.  The proof is in the pictures!  
This one and this one!

Its not that I don't really like the attention,
I feel like the only man in the room
Are you really sincere, is this just something that you do?

We get serious again, with I Will Carry You.  I wish he had said something about it being the next single, for the benefit of those fans in attendance who aren’t as ‘informed’ as others.  It was powerful and his voice rang out strong, and vibrant and determined.  I have really good vibes about this song on the radio; I hope it has a good long ride, just as Invisible has had.

You should know now that you're not alone.
Take my heart and we will find, you will find, your way home.

When the first notes of Kyrie rang out, the crowd went crazy.  Well, crazier.  I’m glad he kept this song in the program.  The band was tight.  The backups got us all going with the overhead clapping and the whole place was jumping.  His voice was so clear, so very brilliant.    

When I was young I thought of growing old, of what my life would mean to me
Would I have followed down my chosen road, or only wished what I could be...

I think this was the point in the concert where he brought the lights up and ragged on everyone’s signs, scolding the makers of the ‘dirty’ ones, making a special effort to point out the ‘dirty’ ones and then to take them up on stage and put the camera on them so we could all see how inappropriate they were for a ‘family show.’  Laughing:  He made Jacob come to center stage so he could all the signs for him.  Awww!  I think we all know now that ‘Jacob gives good sax!’ and everyone wants to be ‘lei’d by Clay!’  The signs are cute, but when rude people hold them up and block my view when Clay is performing, I hate them.  I hated them a lot in Greenville.

No More Sad Song(s) came next, which was kind of odd since we had been cracking up at the signs and his banter about them, then we had to be plunged into the depths of angst and anger.  A virtual emotional roller coaster!  

These are the words to descibe all your offenses. You said love in the past tense and then you let it go.
Haven't you heard, You are no longer respected, you are formally rejected from the one you hurt.

I knew the James Taylor set was next because Clay brought out the stool of seriousness.  This was an amazing part of the show for me; I loved JT back in the day, his songs are just so lovely.  The JT set included Sweet Baby James sung by Clay, How Sweet It Is sung by Angela, Fire and Rain sung by Jacob, Whenever I See Your Smiling Face sung by Quiana and You’ve Got a Friend sung by everyone together.  

Jacob went off on a soul riff during Fire and Rain, wailing ‘lordy, lordy, lordy’ and this theme was picked up on by Angela and then Quiana.  It was funny and sweet; one of those ‘you had to be there’ moments.  The harmonies on this segment were some of the most beautiful I have ever heard. The friendship they really do share is evident on their faces. I almost felt like a voyeur, eavesdropping on a bunch of friends as they sat around singing together.  It was wonderful and personal and joyful.

The backups left the stage then, and Clay returned to the stool of seriousness to sing Measure of a Man.  The version for this show is sung almost like a hymn, solemn and tender and infused with passion and meaning.  It was breathtaking!  

Why do you ask him to move heaven and earth
To prove his love has worth?

To end the first half of the show, Clay brought the mic to the end of the catwalk to sing Run to Me.  Wow.  This was one of the highlights for me.  His voice soared on the melody, the band was incredible, and he was definitely feeling it.  I felt it too.   :oops:  

To look at me you may be wrong,
I’ve been through this it made me strong

I needed to go have a ciggie during the intermission.  Too bad I don’t smoke.

Part 2 coming!
outthereforclay
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2004, 10:43:02 PM »

Pamela...beautiful...love the choice of quotes, which, I am sure, are not accidental or coincidental to thoughts going through my head about Clay and his journey, his place in this world for us..
Regardless of your caveat, I am not being assaulted by fangirliness at all as I read this. I am sitting there with you at the concerts (I wish.) knowing that we're experiencing the same miracle of Clay.

Continue, please....
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2004, 03:59:55 AM »

Yes, Pamela,

Great review so far, but I NEED the rest......

Continue, please.........

Ros-de-anna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2004, 05:13:29 AM »

Yes Pam great, great review.  Amazing is what it sounds like and I look forward to seeing him in 9 days.  Looking forward to part 2.

Lorraine
takenbyaiken25
hmm
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2004, 10:15:34 AM »

I'm not sure...Do you know if it was one of his songs or another one?  I'm trying to think...Wait, I think he was dressed in white (cus someone said he looked like an angel) when he sang that Christian song when the video was playing on the jumbotron of the Bible, cross, and those nature scenes...If that's the song you're thinking of then it's called "You Were There" by Avalon and there's a site with the lyrics on it at http://www.touchofclay.net/YouWereThere.html .... let me know if that's the one you were thinking of, if not i'll keep thinking!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2004, 12:10:59 PM »

Pamela!

Great first half of your review, but WE NEED ALL OF IT!!

OK, on a personal note, at any time during "Rosanna" did you think he had just hit the highest point possible on the "Cute Clay" rating??   It should be illegal to be THAT desirable!!  

Cute and desirable !!    I'll take that "combo" any day of the week !

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
heart4clay
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2004, 05:20:16 PM »

Taken,
Nashville was super and I was on the SECOND ROW!!!
It felt like I could reach out and touch him.  He just sparkled!!!
He really seems to enjoy the whole concert even though he does it almost every night of the week.

I already had 2 programs that I bought in Lexington, (good thing because they were sold out of then when we got there!)  I purchased a baseball jersey with CLAY on one side and AIKEN 04 on the back, I also got a black T Shirt with his pic on the front and a different one of him on the back with all of the cities where the concerts are to be held.  Then I got the buttons (5 on a card with his pic on it)  one button has Raleigh on it  -  CUTE!,  I also bought a keychain and a magnet.  

I am now broke!!!  But what a wonderful time!
ClayBuf
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »

Thanks, Mrs C, Linda, forever, Shaken, Boomer, Tessie, and everyone. So glad that you enjoyed reading the review of Sioux Falls. I just love to write reviews - what a great way to relive it all and be able to share the experience all at the same time! :D (although, sometimes I do have a problem with wordiness, as you may have noticed. My hubby always tells me that it takes me twenty minutes to say something that anyone else could do in five Laughing:)

I'm going to see him again in a couple of weeks, so maybe a review will be in order then.

Til then, see ya 'round the board!
~Buffi
ClayBuf
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2004, 05:56:08 PM »

Pamela, you always have such a way with words, and you write beautifully.
But, speaking of liking to make us wait - WHERE IS Part 2???? :D
(I know, it's not like you don't have anything else to do.....)

I can't wait to read the rest - this is really a great "review".

~Buffi
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2004, 06:26:16 PM »

Quote from: Pamela

Lights!, he says.  He gets lights. Dance!, he commands.  We dance!

During When You Say You Love Me, his eyes scan the crowd.  Suddenly, you can see him lock those lasers onto someone.  In Greensboro, it was a pretty blonde who went up on stage, walked straight up to Clay and gave him a big old hug.  They looked sort of familiar, and as it turns out, they were!  She went to school with him in Raleigh.  

Kristen actually sat right in front of me at the concert!  During the intermission she told us how she had know Clay since they were in 7th grade and how they used to perform in choir together and stuff at school.  She said they had kept in touch all through AI and up until about 4 months after AI was over.  Clay obviously got pretty busy after that and Kristen didn't want to be a bother to him, so she figured she would talk to him again once things calmed down for him a bit!  She was so excited that he picked her to come up on stage.  She said that she was having the worst time trying to figure out what to say to him when she got up there and all she was able to say was "I'm so proud of you Clayton!"  It meant so much to her too because he had NO CLUE she would be there and he was able to pick her out of all those people!  The other thing she said is that she doesn't know anyone with a stronger soul than what Clay has and if there ever was a person to be in the entertainment business that is going to project the right, most positive message and also not stray from the person he is, it's Clay.  I could just see how proud she was of him everytime he opened his mouth!

I don't mean to take away from your recap, Pam!  It is awesome, but I thought I would add this little experience to it!  Hope you don't mind!   Wink:

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
takenbyaiken25
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2004, 07:29:41 PM »

Aww Heart4Clay, it sounds like you had a GREAT time!  I realllllly enjoyed the Lexington concert, it was so inspiring and I was so proud of him for singing "You Were There"...it was great...wow you bought alot of stuff!!!  i didnt even have that much $$$  :(  otherwise i would've!! oooh i really liked the baseball tee! that was my second choice but i wanted one with the cities on it so i bought that one!!!  then i also got the poster! me and my friend got our merch at the beginning, before the concert and they like couldnt find the programs beforehand, so they werent being sold til intermission and after the concert!!!! i am soooo sad that i didnt get one :( but i found the pictures from the program online so that is almost as good!!!!  i'm so happy the tour is going so well...i know the thing i noticed about him (besides humility among other things) was that he was just having fun, having a great time even though he sings the same songs over and over every nite!!! i thought the lookalike in lex was sooo cute! he did look like him a bit! me and my friend got him to sign the clay tshirts we were wearing before we left the concert!! haha he was really nice!
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2004, 08:46:29 AM »

We had a blast! Had great seats in the center orchestra section. Cherie was good- she was funny. Her music was really loud at first though. On to Clay. Of course- he was amazing. Came out wearing blue shirt with yellow striped tie. Later changed to blue shirt then to white shirt/white slacks and then to suit combo. He picked Patsy from TN as the winner of the dance competition. We talked to her after she won- she has a son whos name is Clay Aiken-(whatever her last name is- I couldn't remember) so they got backstage passes. I got really close to the stage for the dance thing so I hope my picture of OMC came out very well. Clay danced with Jacob Quiana, ANgela, and Patsy, it was so cute! During one song he tried to do a little butt bump with Quiana- haha! Patsy tried to dance with Clay but he was going nooooo! He announced during the concert that Quiana was wearing the Clay thong. Jerome was walking around before the concert- people were giving him lots of presents. I just missed getting my picture with him.   A girl named Heather sang part of MOAM and she got a hug afterwards. After he sang invisible the crowd did not stop cheering until he came out to sing Solitare. After the concert ended we waited for the tour buses, which came out after waiting. Clay was out in the front of the bus waving and smiling. We followed the bus for a little- it stoppped at one point and Clay looked at TK and waved- she freaked lol. Overall it was an awesome concert. Clay got the gift basket we made him- thanks again to everyone who gave me their poems and stuff for the scrapbook!

~ Liz   ( pictures coming soon)
claycanwatchmeinmyroom
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2004, 09:34:03 AM »

Ok, heres my reveiw....

The ride there was great.  We wrote "Honk if you (heart) Clay" on the back of the car. We got like 12 honks....we flipped out everytime someone honked.  One lady gave us a really nasty look.  We were like "Ok, not a fan?"  When we got there, we went shopping.  I got the brown shirts with him and Raleigh on it and a keychain and a poster (which i displayed over my bed on the ceiling so i can see it when im lieing in bed  :D ) Then Cherie came on.  I thought she was rather bad, although she didn't stay onstage as long as the opening act at the Independent concert did, which was good.  She sang "It's Your Love" by, I think, Faith Hill and she stuck her microphone out in the crowd at one point so the crowd could sing and I was like the only one who knew the words and everyone kind of looked at me.  I felt a little bad for her.    Then Clay came on... wow...he was so perfect.  I don't think he made one mistake the whole concert.  I was SOOOO happy that he sang Kyrie and All About Love.  I also REALLY liked that gospel song he sang, whats the name of it? He sang it really well.  It really was a religious experience.  I know people got angry at that, but he is a religious person and I think that people just need to let him be him.  When he was singing TITN there was one part during the little slide show thing where they made a close up on his WWJD bracelet (which me and Liz also have one of) and I cried.  It was great.  After the whole thing was over we waited for him outside the place and we walked (or more like ran) along side his bus b/c he was standing right in the front of it. It was surreal (sp?).  It was like watching him on TV but it was weird b/c he was RIGHT THERE.  Then, and im not even kidding, he looked over to the left of the bus and looked DIRECTLY AT ME!!!!!! Eyecontact and everything.  I like raised my eyebrows and im sure I looked like an idiot b/c I was begining to hyperventalate.  So he made this face.  He kind of smiled and squinched up his eyebrows and waved.  I took a picture.  I almost started crying again.  Wow.  This concert was amazing.  Liz's mom said that she had been to see Elvis and Elton John and The Beach Boys and he was better than ALL of them.  If he is coming to a city close to you, hurry up and buy a ticket.  It is well worth 300 dollars for front row.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2004, 10:02:43 AM »

THANK YOU GUYS FOR THOSE REVIEWS.  CLAY IS JUST AS GREAT IN PERSON AND MUCH MUCH MORE.

LORRAINE
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx